Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,880 members, 7,915,531 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 05:53 AM

Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal (10437 Views)

FG Plans Supplementary Budget To Finance New Minimum Wage / Edo Assembly Crisis: Tinubu Says Obaseki Has Committed Impeachable Offences / Osinbajo Reveals FG Plans For Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by olisaEze(m): 11:53am On Jun 21
Meanwhile we need a separate tribunal for Ghana’s debt. Charlé has risen above energy theft. With the amount they owe, na energy kidnap dem dey run us laidis! grin
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Bluntemperor: 12:00pm On Jun 21
SoNature:
I don't think this will make much impact. There's already a punishment for bypassing one's metre. I think every state should have at least 3 - 10 discos. These discos will closely monitor the areas they supply power to and how much they make in return.
Nigerians are stealing so much power. That's why discos aren't making any profits and are owing banks almost a trillion naira despite FG support, while Gencos are owing gas companies billions of dollars.

The Truth About Power/ Lights In Nigeria:
-You were making sense until your last paragraph!
Why is it that Money generated or Revenues Collected by the Staff don't reach the DISCOS Accounts,but ended up in the Staff Personal Accounts?
Stop wrong narrative,as almost all the Staff Cadres working as DISCOS are Corrupt!
Corruption is why DISCOS are having Systemic Leakages and they are not improving.Kiss the Truth!
•Let DISCOS apparatus be dismantled,then you see how Nigeria will fair better in Light Production and Distribution. For example,why have -they not achieved 1/4 of Pre- Paid Meters acquisition and distribution?
-Why are they discrimination against Big Companies and others- in Fixing Prepaid Meters?
-Why are the so called Institutions in Nigeria still get Estimated Billings?
Are we Jaxed in Nigeria- not to do the Right Thing?
•All the Power/ Lights energy Companies- the DISCOS,the GENCO,the NEGC,etc are deep in Corruption, even the Power Minister can't claim is not aware but are all playing Politics and Lips 👄 Services to something that determines our Future in Nigeria. Please,call a spade a spade!
For now,we have not even started in our journey to Industrialization- when you have 24- hours a day, DISCOS have been given 8- hours light and some are even lower- e .g flashing Nigerians in so many circumstances.
The govt too is Pretending or don't know what to do away with these Corruption ridden Power Organisations since Independence in 1963 OR are playing alongside because those that claim they acquired DISCOS have no better Plans to make it better,but more Darkness to Nigerians. e g why are just 2- DISCOS in Lagos State- with a Population of almost 25-Millions People ? Are we serious at all?
They should bring back Prof B.Nnaji,to lean from him on Aba Power Miracles.
Why wouldn't Youth Japa?
Very Shameful Excuses.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 12:01pm On Jun 21
wallarwallar:
Seun what is going on? To make comment on Muslim topic u hv 2 be a Muslim like cult but anyone can comment on Christian topic Some idiots are making dis religion look so bad .
it high time you realise that, the religion is a cult. they are threatened, caged and tormented without any freedom.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by HenryWilliams(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21
iswallker:

How about the trillions being stolen by discos by fraudulent estimated billing system... lipsrsealed

they wiill never talk about that one.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by correctguy101(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21
Na for this kinda matter dem dey dglex their non-existent muscles...

How about thefts done amongst themselves. Pilfering of public funds and abandoning of projects while pocketing funds meant for said projects?

The day NLC and related groups starts protesting vehemently on this and the excessive allowances of these public officials, that'll be the only sign that true change is on the way.

Anything else na just waste of time on irrelevances. Before you know it, 4yrs don go, another werey would take the place of the former werey, cast blames on his predecessor and waste time with more irrelevant matters.

1 Like

Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by alphaNomega: 12:20pm On Jun 21
the discos and gencos also steal from Nigerians every month by taking money and not providing service.

ojoro cancel ojoro

by the way, this another waste-their-time strategy while politicians continue to loot Nigeria and siphon our commonwealth!
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Chetas81(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21
THE UNAVAILABLE LIGHT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, DON'T BE SILLY
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Goodman247: 12:45pm On Jun 21
Long over due, FG need to take the electricity sector with seriousness, states should be proactive, set up your own discos, una dey play for governance
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Krak(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21
Exclusive002:
Don't be quick to generalize please, while I agree with some of your point. The statement that Nigeriabs are stealing so much power is not totally true.

It is very very true, you can take this to the bank.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by ThatFairGuy1: 1:05pm On Jun 21
Keep daydreaming my Igbo brother. Even if the most hateful among you all should become President, Dem no born am well to ban us from going to Hajj
XXXsearch:
I denounce that I am not a Muslim any shit.
Seun you need to stop this nonsense oath on Muslim thread while leaving Christian thread open to everybody.

I hope the government stops sponsoring people to their untimely death in this evil satanic hajj of a menace.

Nigeria has lost close to 10 people already to this evil satanic gathering, they would have still been alive had they stayed back in their country.

Hajj must be banned permanently for Nigerians and government stop wasting tax payers money to sponsor it
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by xliente: 1:10pm On Jun 21
Another bogous charade to distract us from the real issues.

FG is setting up Electricity Offences Tribunal to prosecute power thieves.

Meanwhile, the same FG, Ministries, Departments and Agencies who collect billions in yearly budget are the largest power debtors in the country. We the masses need to set up our own Electricity Debtors Tribunal to go after FG Electricity debtors who would rather seal DISCOs offices and threaten the DISCO officials than choosing to pay their Electricity Bills.

Power theft and Power Debt amount to the same thing. Loss of revenue to the DISCOs.
If you must go after Power Thieves to prosecute them speedily, then why not use the same energy to go after Power Debtors to recover funds from debtors?

Nonsense and Tribunal.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Ene33(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21
They should go and seat down, do you know the meters have been calibrated to be reading high, they want to exploit Nigerians at all costs to make profit
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Fragility6: 2:21pm On Jun 21
SoNature:
I don't think this will make much impact. There's already a punishment for bypassing one's metre. I think every state should have at least 3 - 10 discos. These discos will closely monitor the areas they supply power to and how much they make in return.

Nigerians are stealing so much power. That's why discos aren't making any profits and are owing banks almost a trillion naira despite FG support, while Gencos are owing gas companies billions of dollars.
Stealing so much power for a country where citizens rarely get up to 8hrs of electricity a day. Some of una dey cursed with wickedness o cause how can you be in Nigeria and still ve far from the reality of the average citizen.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by bizbro: 2:24pm On Jun 21
Bringing estimated billing for inadequate power supply is a crime meant to be punishable by hanging 😡
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by BIGSALV(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21
Only thing wey i dey gain from FG na bypass make dem no try am
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by FuckYeyeMods: 3:05pm On Jun 21
XXXsearch:
I denounce that I am not a Muslim any shit.
Seun you need to stop this nonsense oath on Muslim thread while leaving Christian thread open to everybody.

I hope the government stops sponsoring people to their untimely death in this evil satanic hajj of a menace.

Nigeria has lost close to 10 people already to this evil satanic gathering, they would have still been alive had they stayed back in their country.

Hajj must be banned permanently for Nigerians and government stop wasting tax payers money to sponsor it
Don't be a bigot..
It begins with you. Muslims are keen and protect their things religiously just like hijab.
Christian brothers on the other hand are very free and open.
Open gay bishop,
Open satanic Church,
Open to anything contrary to its religious teachings.
While Muslims knows the danger, they tend to be cautious and careful.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by aywagze(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21
the electricity workers are the ones behind the theft. Majority of them have integrity issues. the law to punish anybody stealing energy is there alredy ..🤔
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by XXXsearch: 3:39pm On Jun 21
FuckYeyeMods:

Don't be a bigot..
It begins with you. Muslims are keen and protect their things religiously just like hijab.
Christian brothers on the other hand are very free and open.
Open gay bishop,
Open satanic Church,
Open to anything contrary to its religious teachings.
While Muslims knows the danger, they tend to be cautious and careful.

Open gay your mama and papa
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by abdsamad(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
I have read about the FG plans to Audit the subsid claim and now this

One thing is sure, Tinubu is here to revolutionize things for the best,man's intention is second to none

If after reading this news, you still have a negative comment to give on this topic, then your affinity for negativity is worrisome and you may have to see a psychologist for mind cleansing

You can troll but troll in an intelligent and logical way...no dey spill balderdash all the time

Can we stop talking about the man's intentions like we're angels, and start pointing at his actions. Afterall, The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Shey, renovating houses for billions is what is praiseworthy, abi it is haphazardly yanking out fuel subsidy and creating a panic on day 1?

They keep doing nothing about the source of the problem, the political class and other powerful entities, but we're happy they're going after the little guys.

I'm not saying people bypassing metres should not be prosecuted o, but before we carry drum and dance after them let's remember that the bulk of the problem of power supply in Nigeria has never been bypassed metres.
Those that have stripped the system bare will never be prosecuted.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by MasterTeeUSA: 4:12pm On Jun 21
Took them too long...they need a speedy way to arrest and resolve energy theft. This was in a proposal I typed up years ago...just like they did with Housing Court in Lagos

SoNature:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/energy-theft-fg-plans-electricity-offences-tribunal/
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by ottersberger(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21
Nonsense. How about a tribunal to try criminal discotheques. My estimated bill for last month is #42800, and I had less than 50 hours of power in that time. My solar system covered the blackout days and nights.

When I asked the useless marketer to explain the basis on which they arrived at the bill I was given, she told me flat out that there was none, that they have revenue targets to meet.

I happen to know that the marketers are not returning the money collected to the discos because my meter is still unregistered. These are the people who should be brought to justice.
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by Mandate1: 9:07pm On Jun 21
DevilsEqual:
I have read about the FG plans to Audit the subsid claim and now this

One thing is sure, Tinubu is here to revolutionize things for the best,man's intention is second to none

If after reading this news, you still have a negative comment to give on this topic, then your affinity for negativity is worrisome and you may have to see a psychologist for mind cleansing

You can troll but troll in an intelligent and logical way...no dey spill balderdash all the time

keep playing sir. Na 3000mgwts dem do all these for?
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by cardoctor(m): 10:21pm On Jun 21
We are all going to jail be dat
Re: Energy Theft: FG Plans Electricity Offences Tribunal by bfn1: 1:35pm On Jun 22
SoNature:

I agree with you on the bolded, which is why I advocate for more IPPs to saturate the industry.

Unfortunately, the DisCos argue that their Regional Offices (ROs) and Business Units (BUs) are set up to cover their regions well, but we all know the depth of corruption in those places.

If there are more DisCos in a State as you have suggested, monitoring of energy consumption will be easier and ATC&C losses will be massively curtailed which will invariably result in lower tariffs that customers will be required to pay for energy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eligibility Siut: Court Affirm Buharis Qualification (False Info) / Reps Approve More Borrowing For Presidency / Is This The Same North ,that Is Fighting Terrorism —pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.