Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,939 members, 7,876,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US (62514 Views)

Boy Narrowly Escapes Being Used For Ritual By Neighbour In Imo / Man Beheaded & Gouged Out The Eyes Of His Neighbour In Bauchi (Graphic Pics) / Woman Whose Daughter Was Raped By Neighbour Sent To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by SeriouslySense(m): 12:40pm On Jun 22
At that rate, it was only a matter of time. It was better to preserve your life.

diamond68:
True story, I was in the USA one time, I was in a state where they just do not have parking kinda like New York City where you will drive hours to find one parking spot. So am driving and driving and circling around looking for parking and it was getting tiring to be circling the whole street so I decided to shortcut by driving through the alley. Na so police car jam me inside the alley the popo rush to my car guns drawn and approach from the side and put the gun to the side of my head and wan squeeze trigger he come say ANY FALSE MOVE AND I WILL BLOW YOUR HEAD CLEAN SMOOVE OFF YOUR SHOULDERS 👀👀🥹🥹. Oh boy I think it’s that month I ran out of that crazy country. Mind you that was just one of many encounters. It’s just a wild jungle

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Offpointng: 12:40pm On Jun 22
ScarletBrace:

Talking so much nonsense.
107 likes from 107 idiots.

America is one of the unsafest places to live, yes. Absolutely.
Saying Americans are running out of America as a result of this is baseless nonsense.
Also saying they're trying to hide this anomally is another nonsense.
Do you think Americans give a damn about keeping low with bullshits?
If imbeciles can be as bold as showing off their desire for same sex relationship publicly, then you think they won't throw dirty secrets into the open.
Which country's citizens have a reputation for calling out their government's bluff, Russia, China or North Korea??
When I see Putin fools come with different narratives to make sure the West is painted darker than darkness I don't take them serious. I see them as jokers with sentiments. Jihadist tow the same lines.
Nelson Mandela learnt a lot from Martin Luther, an African that believed in the American dream...If he were alive today, Putin will be his least inspiration, unlike the idiotic Ramaphosa.
Apart from the African soil, where else do blacks stand a chance of becoming a voice?
you typed all of those nonsense but your family members in the US dont want to return to their motherland.
Yeye dey smell.

Well looks like you're reading it from an Angle of Sentiment. I never downplayed the positive roles of America to Africans and Africa at large

I don't think the 107 are Idiots cuz they read and comprehend what I wrote but you didn't, so who's the Idiot here? There are many opportunities in Maiduguri today both in Business and in Job (I've been there) but why will you reject the offer if you're given one?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by daben1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 22
steeltrust:
carry talk de worry you

You just sit in your house and start talking nonsense from what you see on social media

If I no de the america now I go say you de right
But let me allow you with your opinion and enjoy your Nigeria that’s a paradise

No where is perfect but you can never compare america with any country on earth

Just as herdsmen de slaughter farmers
Kidnapping here and there in Nigeria
Na some the thing with gun violence but guess what no matter the situation justice must prevail cause the system has strong institutions which has the power to prosecute even president Joe Biden

But you know in Nigeria it a different ball except you’re rich and wealthy

Let me leave you to your thought

Odabo
imagine, justice must prevail when the person is dead
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Offpointng: 12:44pm On Jun 22
Nahunger:

Please how do I find that Russian page and digest their old contents

Mark brought down the Page on both Facebook and Instagram cuz they were exposing a lot and many were seeing America for what it is

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by SIRTee15: 12:45pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:

While I sincerely agree with you, but what's the Point when my Life can be taken in a flash? I have to suck every shit anyone throws at me and not react cuz he might kill me. What's the point when I can be killed in a cross fire if I just want to go buy Food at Walmart??

Now assuming someone kill you during the course of arguing, that's a voluntary manslaughter and in 3 years with a good character in prison, the person is out. Again I ask, what's the point?

There are close to a million Nigerians living in America. How many have U heard getting killed because they visited Walmart. How many do U know?

Nigerian Americans are the most successful amongst all Nigerian immigrants. Have U seen a Nigerian in America going to social media to do a lamentation of his life or saying I regret coming to America. It's always Nigerians in UK or Canada doing that nonsense.

Guy leave story. U can't rewrite what everybody knows is a fact. America is a land of opportunity that can never be found anywhere else in the world

It's a country where fresh immigrants off the boat with basic qualifications are getting a job of over 150k per year.
Vivek is the son of Indian immigrants, he's 38 yrs but already worth 800 million dollars. Now he's gunning to be president of USA. Even rishi sunaak made his money in USA, not UK. He only returned to UK for politics.

My advice to all immigrants going to USA. Avoid ghetto areas by all means, don't do drugs, avoid crime, get education and work hard. And don't 4 get the place of prayer.

Trust me the chance of you making it is very high. Yes shit happens, people sleep and they don't wake up. We can't rule that out anywhere but the truth is the positive fat fat outweigh the negative when it comes to America.

The opportunity is just too much and good thing is those opportunities are available to everybody including immigrants. That's what makes America unique.

Your claim Americans are leaving in thousand is just nonsense. People relocate for several reasons. Lots of white people retire in Thailand and Indonesia because it's cheaper and affordable.
If africa gets it's acts together and provide basic infrastructure, control inflation and improve standard of living..white people will also be retiring there too.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by diamond68: 12:45pm On Jun 22
SeriouslySense:
At that rate, it was only a matter of time. It was better to preserve your life.

ahhh yes oooo it was getting closer and closer . The omen was there .
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by djseanjohn77: 12:45pm On Jun 22
djseanjohn77:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country

I do not know if you are just overly ignorant of the happening in your environment or you are just blindly trying to project US as heaven that it is clearly not.
Over 20k children get missing every year, and they are never found.
Justice system has dropped to below 50%, that is, you can get killed and justice will never be served.
Petty crimes like burgling and shoplifting are making thousands of businesses close up, especially in New York - They will soon start to spread to other States as the businesses are migrating, so are the crimes.

Apart from the advantage that the green card gives when travelling, it is not an haven for starters or low-income earners as your life is often in danger at home, taking a walk, going to the mall, hanging out, road rage during driving etc.

I don't know where you hail from in Nigeria, but i can categorically tell you i feel safer in Nigeria than elsewhere i have ever been to. I still fly into Nigeria every year to spend 1 good month, been doing that in the last 10 years except for 2020.

It is overwhelming that is why they never get reported, plus, the media of USA purported to have freedom is actually a faux, they key into the US agenda, as we can see in the case of Russia vs Ukraine war - they are selling lies pushed by their politicians to the taxpayers.

There is every chance that police will harass you someday, and you may not be lucky someday.

My friend, a PhD holder and a lecturer, married to an American health professional, the wife have raised concern over raising their kids in US, they have been trying to relocate in like 2 years now. They hope to make it possible this year. Bayo Adio on youtube, he lived practically all his life in US, he is back in Naija, he said same thing. You have not lived as much as he has lived, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zekD5gHDsRg&t=1850s

WHY AMERICA IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY UNSAFE
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/--AOeV9rkZk/hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLAl-ug7ue4jls-dQL39woK0wNA0_g

10 MOST DANGEROUS STATES IN AMERICA - 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHuM__k1YDY&pp=ygUVV2h5IEFtZXJpY2EgaXMgdW5zYWZl

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=2f19ae80693047e7JmltdHM9MTcxOTAxNDQwMCZpZ3VpZD0wNDM4NTgzZi1jMWIyLTY5YzYtMTQxMy00YmNlYzBiYjY4NzkmaW5zaWQ9NTIzMg&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=0438583f-c1b2-69c6-1413-4bcec0bb6879&psq=businesses+are+closing+upin+Newyork+due+to+theft&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9ueXBvc3QuY29tLzIwMjQvMDUvMTgvdXMtbmV3cy90aGVmdC1wbGFndWVzLW55Yy1yZXRhaWxlcnMtZHJ1Z3N0b3Jlcy1jbG9zaW5nLw&ntb=1

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Juliearth(f): 12:47pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:
When I was quite younger and Inexperienced, with the way American movies and News paint her country to be the best place on Planet Earth, it became my choicest Country and a Country of my dream

Until I got in Contact with this Russian controlled page "In The Now" that exposes the rotten and Dirty secrets America has been hiding away from folks outside America before the page was brought down, my jaw dropped. It's there I got to know;

> Each day you wake up in America, you live in constant fear, esp if you're Black

> Each year, thousands of Americans also Japa from America to live in other countries

> Atleast 312 people are being shot daily in the US (app 1 persons in every 12min)

> Just like in Nigeria, you're not safe at Night as you can be robbed or shot dead

> You don't spend much time in a place of large gathering like Walmart, Clubs or Cinemas, cuz it's not safe as you can be shot dead "mistakenly"

> When people look at you for long, it really might not be in admiration, you should be nervous

> Many Kids and Adults are being kidnapped and with a hopeless likelihood of been found

> A simple n short Argument can cost you ur life (America is the easiest place to be killed mistakenly)

> Being Black leaves you at a Disadvantage when being approached by the Cops as a racist Cop can push you into doing or saying something that can cost you your life

> Police approach you with a safety off Gun in fear cuz he doesn't know if you have a gun or not and "any uneasy body movements" can have him release bullet shots, killing you.

> Your killers can bag a 5 - 10year jail time and be out to live even his best life.

> There's no True Justice in America, Detectives are always looking for evidence even when it's glaring, so don't loose guard by allowing anyone kill u first

> Just like in the Jungle, life in America is a life of kill or be killed. reason why everyone own a Gun

I must give kudos and credence to the American and western media as a whole. C9ntrary to the common belief here, the media(print, electronic...) has a strong influence on how a country is perceived. Most of the ill notions aired and heked against Nigeria and Nigerians abroad are products of what our media put out there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by SEGLIZ: 12:47pm On Jun 22
OKOATA:
Negative minded bimbo, you never see the good side of things but the negative always. Barrack Obama became The President of the USA for being black, do blacks not kill whites too. Be talking Bangladesh.
same way you see nothing good about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by abba190: 12:47pm On Jun 22
TheTravelingOne:
Lol. As an American living in Lagos, you sound silly with the quotes you know nothing about. There’s a reason millions of people worldwide are dying to get to the US. But go ahead and believe what you want. There’s some small truth to some of the statements but only small. Americans are not walking around in fear lol. Quite the opposite. But keep your stereotypes and stay in your own country. Your not someone Americans would even rock with anyway, you’re very closed minded.

what the fvck are u doing in our Nigeria? fvck off to your gun-u.s.a if it werent for bad leaders nigerian would be better than stewpid america

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by LeeSmart: 12:47pm On Jun 22
steeltrust:
like I said na carry talk de worry you and you’re free to think or follow what ever suits you about America. I didn’t reply you to let you know I de yankee but to let you know everything you said I wrong and not true
I don’t need to mention them. For you to even say no be everywhere for Nigeria herdsmen de get issue mean say you just wan self glorify your self that Nigeria is better. Illinois is peaceful and since I came I have not heard hun shot but only in the news. I didn’t say it doesn’t happen but when it happens the law will take it full course. Which gun violence have you seen on the internet that the culprit were not caught and charged. No let social media deceive you. Especially when it coming from Russia like you said 😂🤣
Allow those people, we sabi dem. Na people like dem de full US embassy for appointment.
Most of dem wey de comment never travel out of their respective state.
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by SIRTee15: 12:51pm On Jun 22
diamond68:
nigga you crazy, immigrunts come to Dubai everyday and get rich. Buy 5 camels and rent out to tourists for rides in the desert 🐪🤣

You must be stoopid to think renting out camels to tourist will make U rich. Maybe U should ask your boyfriend to do it for a year and let's see how far.

I don't blame U, as a dumb Nigeria slay queen what do U know about hustle. Shebi it's for a man to carry U to Dubai and be showing U the glamour then U think everybody is rich by renting out camels in Dubai.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by chieni(f): 12:51pm On Jun 22
otipoju:

All you have said here is nothing but the truth.

TBH, I minimize my interactions with many of them. Unless it's absolutely necessary I don't talk to you and don't smile unnecessarily.

There are plenty of psychos roaming around here. I almost got killed by my neighbor on 2016. Guy came to the door around 2 am. Thank goodness I was awake , had replaced the locks.

Immediately I noticed his precense, I put off all the lights and waited by the door in silence. As soon as he saw that I put out the lights, he knew I was waiting and was reluctant to break down the door like he did in the morning when I was not home and had gone to church.

OMG! Did you two have an altercation before this happened?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Artscollection: 12:52pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:

A Nigerian student in 2022 who tried avoiding every means of Confrontation by calling the Cops on his noisy Neighbour got shot 8times when his Neighbour returned from fulfilling Bail conditions

Look if you're japaing to the US, Japa with the mind of relocating to Maiduguri (you might go and not return) or better still, don't live in the Poor communities, meaning travel there having every money you need at ur disposal to live somewhere better and dont manage

Never live in the poor community n be low key to the minimuim n not just in america though

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by dragunov: 12:52pm On Jun 22
Namaster:
"He alleged Giroux threatened Isaiah Olugbemi at least two other times with a gun this year; once in January and a second time in June."

Looks like he was warned TWICE before being gunned down the third time.

In the US, it's best to AVOID confrontations. Even if you are built like The Rock with the boxing skills of Mike Tyson and the person threatening you looks like Sanyeri. Best thing is still to WALK AWAY.

Call the cops if confrontation is prolonged or you think violence is imminent.

Trying to be a tough guy could get you killed. The US has OVER 21 million depressed people who think life is shiiit. And they ALL have access to GUNS. One small fumble and you get a bullet.

ANY little dispute you have with your neighbour, let Police settle it.

But from the way the story was narrated, it seems the guy actually tracked him down when it was dark and shot him. It was premeditated. The guy was actually away from home. Expect more of this if Trump ever wins.
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Goodcitizen99(m): 12:53pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:
When I was quite younger and Inexperienced, with the way American movies and News paint her country to be the best place on Planet Earth, it became my choicest Country and a Country of my dream

Until I got in Contact with this Russian controlled page "In The Now" that exposes the rotten and Dirty secrets America has been hiding away from folks outside America before the page was brought down, my jaw dropped. It's there I got to know;

> Each day you wake up in America, you live in constant fear, esp if you're Black

> Each year, thousands of Americans also Japa from America to live in other countries

> Atleast 312 people are being shot daily in the US (app 1 persons in every 12min)

> Just like in Nigeria, you're not safe at Night as you can be robbed or shot dead

> You don't spend much time in a place of large gathering like Walmart, Clubs or Cinemas, cuz it's not safe as you can be shot dead "mistakenly"

> When people look at you for long, it really might not be in admiration, you should be nervous

> Many Kids and Adults are being kidnapped and with a hopeless likelihood of been found

> A simple n short Argument can cost you ur life (America is the easiest place to be killed mistakenly)

> Being Black leaves you at a Disadvantage when being approached by the Cops as a racist Cop can push you into doing or saying something that can cost you your life

> Police approach you with a safety off Gun in fear cuz he doesn't know if you have a gun or not and "any uneasy body movements" can have him release bullet shots, killing you.

> Your killers can bag a 5 - 10year jail time and be out to live even his best life.

> There's no True Justice in America, Detectives are always looking for evidence even when it's glaring, so don't loose guard by allowing anyone kill u first

> Just like in the Jungle, life in America is a life of kill or be killed. reason why everyone own a Gun
bros ur ✅️ 💯. Growing up I use to think then that people wey go 🇺🇸 don finally enter heaven 😀 😄 without being death but u see dose black people nd their anger gang matter plus gun 🔫 and drugs join make me have a rethink. Infact if ur rich in Nigeria 🇳🇬 my brother ur better than sumone that traveled to 🇺🇸 atleast for here na mouth we still use dey settle arguments 😆 nobi 🔫

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by routed: 12:54pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:

You just want to blab and let everyone know you are in you Amelica. Well congratulations for ur 1sec fame

Now, if you were intelligent, Amongst the points I have listed above, you should have pointed out which and which is wrong and then I should submit you some stats.

Making mention of Herdsmen in Nigeria, I never said Nigeria was more better or secured than the USA. But even with ur submission, we know areas in Nigeria that are prone to Herdsmen attack and we can avoid such areas and still be at peace in the City. Now tell me what state in the US is Gun violence free? Even New York, Illinois and other US western states that has strict gun laws still experience violence on a daily. Or na Chicago for Illinois dey very safe

Come up with something more intelligent

Don't mind the guy. The thing I fear most is gun running in the US.

Anytime I'm going to work in the morning when it's still dark or coming home in the night, I don't joke with prayer and looking around for suspicious move or happening around me

Colleagues and friends have been fatally shot, threatened with gun on highway and home burgled by gun wielding mofo.

A brother, whose apartment complex next to mine was relating how he was begging a burglar not to kill him.

America has a great economy and infrastructure, and freedom, no doubt, but the great nation is losing it for social crisis and gun violence.

Every Nigerian I have met in US have one thing they dread and talk about, that's gun violence.

There are records of Nigerians in the US wasted every year through unprovoked gun violence. One just happened in my city last month, where a Nigerian on delivery business was riddle with bullets.

The only thing I fear in the US is gun violence, which is at epidemic level now. At home, at work, at public places, on highway, on the street, everywhere.

The sad really is that justice is not served, the killer may be in prison for years and later released to live his/her life.

A Nigerian guy I know that was attached by a black guy with gun at his home told me about how vulnerable he felt in the US after the incidence, makes the fear real for me.

When I asked why he didn't report when the guy exited his apartment? He said that the guy will be released after months when he is arrested and jailed and said the guy will definitely come for him in future when something ring in his head towards him.

As for me, a no dey argue with nobody, no dey even do pim, no dey look face-na down a dey look, and no dey do any bit of gragra-not me, as careful as in Nigeria when driving or working down the street at night, which is rare for me.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Rybnyk(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:

You yourself said you got your info from a Russian source and you took everything hook line and sinker. Do you expect to read something from a Russian info outlet and expect them to be objective? No one is saying that there's no clear danger in places like the US but the Russian page you got your info from is clearly exaggerating. Black people are mostly in danger when they are among other blacks in a community. Check the crime stats of black communities for verification. Especially blue states. Is there racism? Yes. Is it the way your Russian source says it? No. Many blacks go through life in the US without experiencing issues. The Issue of cops and blacks is an ongoing debate. In as much as there are cops who will be prejudiced against blacks, it's not all cops who are racist. We have to distinguish between real prejudice cases and conventional cases of cops performing their police duties. You can't expect a cop to approach you without caution. Read news about cops getting killed because they were doing nice man. If you challenge a cop in a threatening way,the chances of getting shot are high. There are many blacks who will accuse cops who are arresting them for committing crimes of racism. Read about ROLAND FRYER and his research on police brutality. Don't just believe everything your Russian source tells you about the US. It's usually a propaganda war between the. Two superpowers and you should expect lies trading....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by SeriouslySense(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22
That low key something is important, not just in America. They should not know you are even there sometimes.
Artscollection:

Never live in the poor community n be low key to the minimuim n not just in america though
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by diamond68: 12:56pm On Jun 22
SIRTee15:

You must be stoopid to think renting out camels to tourist will make U rich. Maybe U should ask your boyfriend to do it for a year and let's see how far.

I don't blame U, as a dumb Nigeria slay queen what do U know about hustle. Shebi it's for a man to carry U to Dubai and be showing U the glamour then U think everybody is rich by renting out camels in Dubai.
nigga yo ass crazier than Charlie boy on LGBTQ day. A camel per hour is like 50 dollars and 5 camels is 250 dollars. For the whol day I make 2000 dollars with my 5 camels. Has your father ever seen 2000 dollars before ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by blowjohn(m): 12:56pm On Jun 22
It's ugly outside, stay dangerous, stay out the mix
Poppin' back out on niggas, homie I'm poppin' shit
Kill 'em with no accomplices
Watchin' my rearview, the envy is obvious
It's ugly outside, it's grown men jealous outside
It's grown ass women that'll have you set up to die
You really not a stepper nigga, just step to the side
While I two-step on a beat, watch a veteran slide
JMJ seen 'em comin' wish he ain't hit the buzzer
Marvin Gaye to Young Dolph, we takin' out our brothers
Distorted faces, solemn features, we kill each other
It's Mr. Ugly Man, Marlon Wayans in In Living Color
It's ugly
It's ugly
Shit is ugly

Nas, ugly'
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by YemyTemmy: 12:57pm On Jun 22
na the boxer i blame
.. person warn with gun twice and u still remain for the area..... Its either i codedly kill the guy or relocate from that hood... since i wont kill then relocation sure die..I DONT MIND BEEN CALLED " COWARD OF THE COUNTY"
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Offpointng: 12:59pm On Jun 22
SIRTee15:

There are close to a million Nigerians living in America. How many have U heard getting killed because they visited Walmart. How many do U know?

Nigerian Americans are the most successful amongst all Nigerian immigrants. Have U seen a Nigerian in America going to social media to do a lamentation of his life or saying I regret coming to America. It's always Nigerians in UK or Canada doing that nonsense.

Guy leave story. U can't rewrite what everybody knows is a fact. America is a land of opportunity that can never be found anywhere else in the world

It's a country where fresh immigrants off the boat with basic qualifications are getting a job of over 150k per year.
Vivek is the son of Indian immigrants, he's 38 yrs but already worth 800 million dollars. Now he's gunning to be president of USA. Even rishi sunaak made his money in USA, not UK. He only returned to UK for politics.

My advice to all immigrants going to USA. Avoid ghetto areas by all means, don't do drugs, avoid crime, get education and work hard. And don't 4 get the place of prayer.

Trust me the chance of you making it is very high. Yes shit happens, people sleep and they don't wake up. We can't rule that out anywhere but the truth is the positive fat fat outweigh the negative when it comes to America.

The opportunity is just too much and good thing is those opportunities are available to everybody including immigrants. That's what makes America unique.

Your claim Americans are leaving in thousand is just nonsense. People relocate for several reasons. Lots of white people retire in Thailand and Indonesia because it's cheaper and affordable.
If africa gets it's acts together and provide basic infrastructure, control inflation and improve standard of living..white people will also be retiring there too.

I'm glad you understand I'm not downplaying how Good America is and how Beneficial America has been to Migrants and Africans at large. I'm only trying to expose the real truth most people don't know bout America.

And No Sir, my claim of Americans leaving America in large numbers is not nonsense. Why do people migrate "majorly"? Security and Economic reasons

There are reasons some persons from some countries are never denied Visa or better still they enjoy Visa free to many Countries. countries like; Norway, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore and in Africa, Seychelles, Mauritius and Botswana. Cuz if your Country has both strong economy and security why would you want to relocate to live elsewhere??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by SeriouslySense(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22
Kill ke, you should be thinking of how to grow and invest in yourself, who has time to be killing cheesy

SO yes the best is to leave if you can, or become a spirit, and not be seen.
YemyTemmy:
na the boxer i blame
.. person warn with gun twice and u still remain for the area..... Its either i codedly kill the guy or relocate from that hood... since i wont kill then relocation sure die..I DONT MIND BEEN CALLED " COWARD OF THE COUNTY"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by xandy84: 1:00pm On Jun 22
Valid points but there is crime everywhere you go. You don't hear about crime in places like Finland and Sweden cos their population is less than New York city population combined. Canada looks peaceful compare to America cos Canada population is the equivalent to California population. What I am saying is the more populous a country is, the likely higher in crime rate.
There seems to be Nigeria is most crime infected country in Africa but that cos our population dwarf other African countries.

Tjra:

I understand your point but also note that most Nigerians are also relocating abroad for sanity of minds and living a quiet life with their families.

It's really not about the money anymore or "chasing the American dream". Any decent western society with basic minimum to care for themselves without the fear of being shot is all they want.

People are trying to balance abundance of opportunities with relative peace of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Offpointng: 1:01pm On Jun 22
diamond68:
nigga yo ass crazier than Charlie boy on LGBTQ day. A camel per hour is like 50 dollars and 5 camels is 250 dollars. For the whol day I make 2000 dollars with my 5 camels. Has your father ever seen 2000 dollars before ?

grin grin 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Anunakeeh: 1:01pm On Jun 22

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by omoredia: 1:05pm On Jun 22
Musty112:
Now, imagine that Nigerians have access to guns like these people, God save us.

It is u that's dulling. Tinubu people have their guns 24 7. That's why they are secure and u are the sitting duck
Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Offpointng: 1:09pm On Jun 22
routed:

Don't mind the guy. The thing I fear most is gun running in the US.

Anytime I'm going to work in the morning when it's still dark or coming home in the night, I don't joke with prayer and looking around for suspicious move or happening around me

Colleagues and friends have been fatally shot, threatened with gun on highway and home burgled by gun wielding mofo.

A brother, whose apartment complex next to mine was relating how he was begging a burglar not to kill him.

America has a great economy and infrastructure, and freedom, no doubt, but the great nation is losing it for social crisis and gun violence.

Every Nigerian I have met in US have one thing they dread and talk about, that's gun violence.

There are records of Nigerians in the US wasted every year through unprovoked gun violence. One just happened in my city last month, where a Nigerian on delivery business was riddle with bullets.

The only thing I fear in the US is gun violence, which is at epidemic level now. At home, at work, at public places, on highway, on the street, everywhere.

The sad really is that justice is not served, the killer may be in prison for years and later released to live his/her life.

A Nigerian guy I know that was attached by a black guy with gun at his home told me about how vulnerable he felt in the US after the incidence, makes the fear real for me.

When I asked why he didn't report when the guy exited his apartment? He said that the guy will be released after months when he is arrested and jailed and said the guy will definitely come for him in future when something ring in his head towards him.

As for me, a no dey argue with nobody, no dey even do pim, no dey look face-na down a dey look, and no dey do any bit of gragra-not me, as careful as in Nigeria when driving or working down the street at night, which is rare for me.

You really get the point. As much as how good and Economical vibrant America is, a whole lotta thing is wrong with that Country, A whole lot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Villa12(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22
Offpointng:

Help me ask the mumu; TheTravelingOne . Also ask her why Americans leave America in hundreds of thousands yearly to live elsewhere most esp in Europe. Currently, Mexico is experiencing large influx of Americans

Cuz she visited America for just a week and came back, she thinks she can argue with us that talk to those who live in America and read lotta articles and also spend time listening and reading their daily news reports to know current happening in America
interesting

So you haven't been to America even for a day and you're hyperventilating this much like someone who had spent decades if not century over there? Lol, bank on hearsay from your imaginary people and media? Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by abbey621(m): 1:11pm On Jun 22
Y'all think America is one unified space with people of same mind and mentality....lol.

There are states you dare not live as a black man otherwise prepare for anything! Even within certain states there are municipalities or cities you dare not live.

There's a reason some of us try to move into upscale communities the more money we make. There's a reason most of us are also gun owners, it takes CRAZE to cure CRAZE!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Boxer, Isaiah Olugbemi Dies After Being Shot By Neighbour In US by Offpointng: 1:13pm On Jun 22
Goodcitizen99:
bros ur ✅️ 💯. Growing up I use to think then that people wey go 🇺🇸 don finally enter heaven 😀 😄 without being death but u see dose black people nd their anger gang matter plus gun 🔫 and drugs join make me have a rethink. Infact if ur rich in Nigeria 🇳🇬 my brother ur better than sumone that traveled to 🇺🇸 atleast for here na mouth we still use dey settle arguments 😆 nobi 🔫

I dey tell you grin here we go just abuse and worse kpata we no go follow each other talk again. Person wey get mind to kill you sef go reason prison watery beans and finally death go quickly get sense leave you alone. But for US, one person must go down for fight

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Who Only Rapes Married Women Caught (Video) / Peter Nielsen To Die By Hanging For Killing Nigerian Wife, Daughter / Caleb Obari Mark Found Dead! Missing Nigerian Student In Ukraine Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.