Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,711 members, 7,879,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:42 PM

Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out (22561 Views)

Hardship: We Warned Nigerians Against Voting APC –Tambuwal / Hardship: We Are Tired Of FG’s ‘Soon’ Promises – TUC / Even Hungry Dogs Will Reject Our Meals — Prison Inmates Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Enemyofpeace: 9:33pm On Jun 23
So some people still dey use timetable to eat food in Nigeria? EFCC must look into this.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by robosky02(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23
Tomatoes and onions sellers now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:34pm On Jun 23
VTJN:
Nigerians don't. This is the first time. I am a Nigerian not a foreigner and this is the first time Nigerians are experiencing HUNGER AND HARDSHIP

Simply means you must be too young to know.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by fastseo: 9:35pm On Jun 23
Ojuntana:

So flooding of 2022 is responsible for food scarcity in 2024 according to you. It makes a lot of sense.

Food inflation in 2022 was 24% max. Today it is 50%. So you definitely can't compare food inflation in 2022 with that of this 2024. The singular difference is the transport cost. Every other issue present in 2022 remains and the situation is even better. We have not had flood of the 2022 scale in 2024. Banditry has reduced in 2024 compared to 2022.
The singular factor that has worsened is transport which has affected cost of farm inputs and cost of movement of goods.
You can't have general rise in cost of transport and expect food price to be exempted
Flooding can cause loss of agricultural output as farm lands are washed off and I said yes based on that headline you provided, it contributed to low food supply n decrese in supply chain can trigger price increase.
When there is high output e.g on maize, beans which are predominantly produced in the north. The government is expected to also buy large quantities and store them in silo as strategic reserves.

When there is scarcity or high prices then the government are meant to release those reserves to crash prices.

Bottom line is: flooding, earthquake, drought, insect infestation, typhoon, tsunami etc are all natural disaster that can cause food scarcity in any nation and when there is low output, sellers will increase prices to make abnormal profits
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:36pm On Jun 23
VTJN:
please bro don't say this in the public o. Nigerians are not smiling o. You might get lynched. Defending Tinubu failure should end here o

If your assertion is true. I would not even get a single like. The truth is the truth.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by VTJN(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23
Zxcvbnmghtr:

If your assertion is true. I would not even get a single like. The truth is the truth.
yes, you can always do it for the likes which is known to everyone but please let it end here o. Don't lose your life because of Tinubu o
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:47pm On Jun 23
VTJN:
yes, you can always do it for the likes which is known to everyone but please let it end here o. Don't lose your life because of Tinubu o

When am not living in the Eastern part of the country.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Ojuntana: 10:32pm On Jun 23
fastseo:

Flooding can cause loss of agricultural output as farm lands are washed off and I said yes based on that headline you provided, it contributed to low food supply n decrese in supply chain can trigger price increase.
When there is high output e.g on maize, beans which are predominantly produced in the north. The government is expected to also buy large quantities and store them in silo as strategic reserves.

When there is scarcity or high prices then the government are meant to release those reserves to crash prices.

Bottom line is: flooding, earthquake, drought, insect infestation, typhoon, tsunami etc are all natural disaster that can cause food scarcity in any nation and when there is low output, sellers will increase prices to make abnormal profits
I already told you that you don't understand Nigeria's agric systems. 2022 flooding is still affecting agricultural produce in 2024 according to you. Do you even know what it means that Nigeria's farming is seasonal? It means you don't get same food at same price and quantity all year round. If there are silos to stabilize price and supply, why don't we have maize available all year round and at same price? In case you don't know, normally tomatoes used to become scarce at the onset of the rainy season as farmers take to planting more economical crops. Same with onions. It usually has 2-4 weeks of scarcity in a year cycle. Go and ask from people involved in farm produce and they'll confirm what I'm telling you. Same with egusi (melon seed) etc.

The point I'm making is that this is the first time that you'll have ALL FOODSTUFFS having a price hike in the market. It used not to be so. As some foods are becoming expensive, others will be cheaper. It's like a balancing act.
That's how Nigerians normally get by
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by NothingDoMe: 12:55am On Jun 24
Didijiji:
will you make Heaven like this?
😄😄😄
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by NothingDoMe: 1:07am On Jun 24
Hassanmaye:

Nairaland May block you o, they supported this rubbish government
Nairaland does not engage in banning users. Instead, the moderators are responsible for managing user behavior and enforcing the platform's rules. The moderation team comprises individuals with diverse political viewpoints, ensuring a balanced approach to content moderation. While Nairaland may appear to lean slightly towards a particular political orientation, it maintains a relatively neutral stance overall.

😁😉

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Mbanda(m): 1:18am On Jun 24
tobenuel:
Toh

APC defenders of iniquities have said we all should start growing and rearing what we eat in our backyard. people that stay in face-me-I-face blocks of houses, I wonder how they going to cope with the backyard issues. in that same backyard, they should cultivate paddy rice(I wonder if they know the meaning of paddy), beans, tomatoes, palm trees, cassava, corn, millet and even cotton and so on. all because APC failed woofully and farmers can no longer tend to their farms cos of bandits, herdsmen and people of the underworld. and everybody is calm as if we are expecting a new bride. I can recall vividly what this same crop of APC did in 2012, but in 2023 they gave us a new bride in the person of Tinubu.

shame on PDP, they are the biggest fools at the moment
APC defenders nearly reduced my IQ, but God pass them

let us all continue to suffer, smell and smile
helinues said we should start farming the bolded in our backyards, all the bid of supporting tinubigrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by NothingDoMe: 1:19am On Jun 24
bluefilm:

It's good that the hyping is being demystified

If the man never got 'his turn', some of his hardcore followers will be saying that he would have been the best presido ever

I am so glad now that their song has changed to Ebinpawa ooo

As for me, I will forever be OBIDIENT
I have not been as involved in politics recently as i used to be because I dislike having to say, "I told you so."

Especially when there is so much pain and hardship from "selecting" the wrong candidate for the presidency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by RedAlert08(m): 1:51am On Jun 24
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Edris Abdulkarim's song titled "NIGERIA JAGA-JAGA" was released when Obasanjo was the President of Nigeria. What does that tell you?! Mind you, Obasanjo belonged to the PDP. There is nothing new under the sun.

Am talking about the same Obasanjo some people say HE IS THE BEST PRESIDENT AND THE PDP HYPE, APC DEMONIZATION . grin grin grin

I don't want to go as far back to Fela's songs "SUFFERING AND SMILING".

So no be today.

IF YOU ARE POOR, YOU ARE POOR.

Seek a legitimate solution to your poverty. That's the only advice I can give you.

God will pun.ish you.
you shall die a very miserable death for mocking majority of Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:39am On Jun 24
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Edris Abdulkarim's song titled "NIGERIA JAGA-JAGA" was released when Obasanjo was the President of Nigeria. What does that tell you?! Mind you, Obasanjo belonged to the PDP. There is nothing new under the sun.

Am talking about the same Obasanjo some people say HE IS THE BEST PRESIDENT AND THE PDP HYPE, APC DEMONIZATION . grin grin grin

So no be today.

Seek a legitimate solution to your poverty. That's the only advice I can give you.

This horrible, unrepentant creature again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by VTJN(m): 5:56am On Jun 24
Zxcvbnmghtr:

When am not living in the Eastern part of the country.
I am not a igbo man and i am not happy with Tinubu. Suffering knows no tribe or religion.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:27am On Jun 24
VTJN:
I am not a igbo man and i am not happy with Tinubu. Suffering knows no tribe or religion.

I never said you are. Did I?
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Hassanmaye(m): 6:31am On Jun 24
NothingDoMe:
Nairaland does not engage in banning users. Instead, the moderators are responsible for managing user behavior and enforcing the platform's rules. The moderation team comprises individuals with diverse political viewpoints, ensuring a balanced approach to content moderation. While Nairaland may appear to lean slightly towards a particular political orientation, it maintains a relatively neutral stance overall.
They supported this mess in 2023, I hope Nigerians learned their lesson, bag of rice is 110,000
😁😉
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Sheuns(m): 6:53am On Jun 24
Nice2023:
It's very funny how bad things have turned out.

I witnessed Tinubu in Lagos,he was a disaster as nothing surprises me about him.

Just get financially prepared,I don't see any solution even in the next three years.

I still keep wondering what that man did in Lagos in his 8 years to warrant his supporters calling him Builder of Lagos. Aside increase in Agberos, I cannot pin point one thing he did that’s of benefit of the people. Fashola turned Lagos around for the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by ogbe88(m): 6:59am On Jun 24
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You mean you also can't afford three square meal?!
Get out of this place.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:03am On Jun 24
ogbe88:
Get out of this place.

Lol 😂. You also want to claim that you haven't been eating food since APC clinged power?
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by fastseo: 7:22am On Jun 24
Ojuntana:

I already told you that you don't understand Nigeria's agric systems. 2022 flooding is still affecting agricultural produce in 2024 according to you. Do you even know what it means that Nigeria's farming is seasonal? It means you don't get same food at same price and quantity all year round. If there are silos to stabilize price and supply, why don't we have maize available all year round and at same price? In case you don't know, normally tomatoes used to become scarce at the onset of the rainy season as farmers take to planting more economical crops. Same with onions. It usually has 2-4 weeks of scarcity in a year cycle. Go and ask from people involved in farm produce and they'll confirm what I'm telling you. Same with egusi (melon seed) etc.

[s]The point I'm making is that this is the first time that you'll have ALL FOODSTUFFS having a price hike in the market. It used not to be so. As some foods are becoming expensive, others will be cheaper. It's like a balancing act.
That's how Nigerians normally get[/s] by

Not the first time prices have been soaring, inflation has been there before subsidy removal but it didn't accelerate just as we have now. What we have is hyperinflation

Hmmm I don't know how to explain this to you. But I assume you are a Christian and you read the story of Joseph where grain where stored for 7 years. So grain could be stored for years. To keep supply running, it's a practice all over the world and one major event be it man made or natural disaster can disrupt this supply.

Ugo and some leaf could be sun dry and sold for months. Tomatoes could be processed and kept in tin could keep supply running.

And Yes Nigerian government use to have strategic reserves but I don't know if this government have grains in any of their reserve currently.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by HRMK: 7:31am On Jun 24
you never believed in either atiku and tinubu in the first place!try to seek help from obi!!
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Ojuntana: 7:43am On Jun 24
fastseo:

Not the first time prices have been soaring, inflation has been there before subsidy removal but it didn't accelerate just as we have now. What we have is hyperinflation

Hmmm I don't know how to explain this to you. But I assume you are a Christian and you read the story of Joseph where grain where stored for 7 years. So grain could be stored for years. To keep supply running, it's a practice all over the world and one major event be it man made or natural disaster can disrupt this supply.

Ugo and some leaf could be sun dry and sold for months. Tomatoes could be processed and kept in tin could keep supply running.

And Yes Nigerian government use to have strategic reserves but I don't know if this government have grains in any of their reserve currently.

So you have come to accept that subsidy removal is the main problem.
What is the relationship between Joseph and Nigerian govt's incompetence. So why are grains not being released now since you say we have it in our silos? Reality is different from theory. So we get to eat roasted maize in December in Nigeria? Yam nko? Is it cheaper in June or December? I'm telling you Nigeria's reality you're talking of Joseph. Meanwhile, Joseph's approach was to mitigate against a natural disaster called drought that occurred for seven years and not seasonal farming induced scarcity. You already mixed things up. If Nigeria supplies grains from its reserve to mitigate seasonal trends in farming, what do we do when we are faced with drought? Where do we get grains from then?
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by fastseo: 8:52am On Jun 24
Ojuntana:

So you have come to accept that subsidy removal is the main problem.
What is the relationship between Joseph and Nigerian govt's incompetence. So why are grains not being released now since you say we have it in our silos? Reality is different from theory. So we get to eat roasted maize in December in Nigeria? Yam nko? Is it cheaper in June or December? I'm telling you Nigeria's reality you're talking of Joseph. Meanwhile, Joseph's approach was to mitigate against a natural disaster called drought that occurred for seven years and not seasonal farming induced scarcity. You already mixed things up. If Nigeria supplies grains from its reserve to mitigate seasonal trends in farming, what do we do when we are faced with drought? Where do we get grains from then?

The way u reason.. Are you up to 20? Dry corn can be stored for years
They use it to produce various item.. Feed for chicken, custard, pap etc.

2Here is a trend of Nigerian inflation rate.

Nigerian reserves
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2022/11/23/cbn-responds-to-flooding-with-the-release-of-strategic-grains-reserves/%3famp=1

Inflation has been there. But only got worsen by subsidy removal.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/04/nigeria-has-60000-metric-tonnes-of-grains-in-strategic-reserves-agric-minister/

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Enemiesmasquera: 9:03am On Jun 24
Zxcvbnmghtr:

So no be today.

Zombie defending the failure he supported

1 Like

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:05am On Jun 24
Enemiesmasquera:
Zombie defending the failure he supported

A word is enough for the wise. cheesy
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Ojuntana: 9:52am On Jun 24
fastseo:

The way u reason.. Are you up to 20? Dry corn can be stored for years
They use it to produce various item.. Feed for chicken, custard, pap etc.

2Here is a trend of Nigerian inflation rate.

Nigerian reserves
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nairametrics.com/2022/11/23/cbn-responds-to-flooding-with-the-release-of-strategic-grains-reserves/%3famp=1

Inflation has been there. But only got worsen by subsidy removal.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/04/nigeria-has-60000-metric-tonnes-of-grains-in-strategic-reserves-agric-minister/

Who said dry corn cannot be stored? You're just writing offpoint.
Below is the state of grain silos in Nigeria as at 2020. That same year, Guardian reported that Ibadan grain reserve is empty. Meanwhile, here is Tinubu's agric minister claiming grains will be released in February. Why has the price not dropped since then? And why are they now coming to tell Nigerians to start farming in their backyards instead of releasing more reserves?
Read and research on this subject well instead of writing your assumptions as fact

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by fastseo: 10:00am On Jun 24
Ojuntana:

Who said dry corn cannot be stored? You're just writing offpoint.
Below is the state of grain silos in Nigeria as at 2020. That same year, Guardian reported that Ibadan grain reserve is empty. Meanwhile, here is Tinubu's agric minister claiming grains will be released in February. Why has the price not dropped since then? And why are they now coming to tell Nigerians to start farming in their backyards instead of releasing more reserves?
Read and research on this subject well instead of writing your assumptions as fact

Since u know that grain can be stored then why are u asking if flooding of farm lands and other disasters can cause price to go up?

Today fresh pepper is expensive and people are now going for dry pepper and even dry tomatoes. If u don't dry them and have them stored how wiil u keep supply running?

Nigeria have food reserves, if food is available in it right now I don't know. Just like I said I don't know if there is food in those reserves.
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Ojuntana: 10:18am On Jun 24
fastseo:

Since u know that grain can be stored then why are u asking if flooding of farm lands and other disasters can cause price to go up?

Today fresh pepper is expensive and people are now going for dry pepper and even dry tomatoes. If u don't dry them and have them stored how wiil u keep supply running?

Nigeria have food reserves, if food is available in it right now I don't know. Just like I said I don't know if there is food in those reserves.

What are you saying? You're becoming confused. The topic is what caused the present increase in price. Your claim is food scarcity. I'm saying not so, it's fuel price.

The point I was making about reserves for you is that Nigeria does not have food security and food supply is seasonal.

All what you're writing above is meaningless
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by fastseo: 10:45am On Jun 24
Ojuntana:

What are you saying? You're becoming confused. The topic is what caused the present increase in price. Your claim is food scarcity. I'm saying not so, it's fuel price.

The point I was making about reserves for you is that Nigeria does not have food security and food supply is seasonal.

All what you're writing above is meaningless

Dont be confused my son.

Inflation of today is not only caused by cost push inflation but by demand pull inflation.

Meaning that other factors attribute to the current inflation we have.
It's not just fuel prices but also agricultural yield reducing
Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by Ojuntana: 11:01am On Jun 24
fastseo:

Dont be confused my son.

Inflation of today is not only caused by cost push inflation but by demand pull inflation.

Meaning that other factors attribute to the current inflation we have.
It's not just fuel prices but also agricultural yield reducing
Where is the evidence that agricultural yield is reducing when I showed that crop production growth is still happening

Re: Hardship: We Can No Longer Plan Our Meals, FCT Residents Cry Out by fastseo: 11:25am On Jun 24
Ojuntana:

Where is the evidence that agricultural yield is reducing when I showed that crop production growth is still happening

Read thar graph again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ECONOMIC DISASTER!! Nigeria Kicked Out Of Bond Index / Buhari Arrives Medinah For Lesser Hajj (Photos) / Difference Between Senate And House Of Reps. Nigerians Answer (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.