Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,116 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:34 AM

Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts (15415 Views)

Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre / Why Petrol Smuggling Continues - Mele Kyari / Daily Petrol Shortfall To Hit 20m Litres Despite Dangote Refinery — NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by unclejb2(m): 7:31am On Jun 22
Dangote is a core capitalist.

1 Like

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by otomatic(m): 7:32am On Jun 22
Shebi him de import crude oil. Prices will be affected by FX volatility. But that aside, even if crude was locally sourced like the inputs for cement, once he achieves near monopoly ( read market leader) status, na to de fix price up and down with him cartel.
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by CountinBlessins(m): 7:34am On Jun 22
ericmor:

Your comment is just the truth but Nigerians don't like the truth. They like people that deceive them with lies. There is this man across the road in my area, he rant a lot but never left his compound anytime they are protesting or people are trying to face the government to claim their right but the yeye man will be complaining everyday and abusing people for not helping him. We are just the problem of ourselves

That's the poor for you. Enter romance section or sex threads you find the idiots there. Next thing is to beg .

They are dead already because they have no self esteem or brains..

They are waiting for me that has a job with good investments to come and protest when I can afford everything, while they who can't sit down ? Mad people grin

Let them stay there waiting for me to give them free money .

The idiots are so fast to quote you begging for small things to eat but won't protest .

Stop giving them and let them suffer. These are the same people that will take 2k to vote Tinubu in 2027. Because they can't think. Leave them hungry
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by CountinBlessins(m): 7:34am On Jun 22
Harmic995:
Oga wetin we the poor do you, no forget- the Rich also Cry...

Listen don't you ever quote me in your life again .
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Zico5(m): 7:39am On Jun 22
Nobody can say anything now until the refinery becomes fully functional. What will now be the benefit Tinubu is pointing at if he couldn't bring the petrol price down to a significant level thereby revitalise economy. Things can not continue like this. Nigeria will descend into chaos and Tinubu knows this.
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by VARRY(m): 7:45am On Jun 22
OK..
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by jumper524(m): 7:46am On Jun 22
if dangote can't reduce the price of fuel, then he should be paying his workers the lowest minimum wage of 11 dollar per hour like foreign refineries.
if the least earners like cleaners earn 3k dollars monthly from his refinery then I can understand with him.
aside that, the price should crash well by over 50%

2 Likes

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by FatimaAbubakar(f): 7:47am On Jun 22
AnyanwuSK:
Only mumu people believe that Nigeria will work with this structure

People like HellAnus

1 Like

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by slowice(m): 7:49am On Jun 22
Cement did not drop so fuel will not drop. We know the game, na ronu miscreantss dem fit deceive
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by IkeIgboNile(m): 7:52am On Jun 22
Nothing will surprise me again in this country.
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by chidiokay: 7:53am On Jun 22
Racoon:
Nigerians, lift up your heads because your redemption is far from being achieved. Government refineries flopped. The Dangote refinery will still be another monopoly as it has to maximize profits of heavy investment.

what are you spewing, in as much as the monopoly fosters and encompasses local refining is it not best compared to the nonsense we do as a nation... export raw crude and import same crude back as refined .. does it make any logical sense

We all know a functional refinery will solve our problem by 50% whether private or govt owned what is sancrosanct is NNPC/Govt being straight forward, no scholar or analyst in the world that can undermine Dangote refinery benefit to Nigeria ... we just have heartless and greed Govt who don't just want Nigerians to be comfortable

1 Like

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Tzar(m): 7:53am On Jun 22
These guys lost me when they said input cost. What immediate input cost is higher than the crude oil which can be locally gotten?! Nigerians are just full of it!😡
They justify all manner of evil and profiteering. Dangote has chosen to fund propaganda so that he maximizes profit on the refinery. Only Nigerian businesses want to make 100% ROI in 1-3yrs or short term. Most big businesses ROI is mid to long term!
The pressure should be that for national security interests, Dangote refinery should be given priority for crude oil that is guaranteed to supply local needs. But these people have been paid to lie and propagandandize gullible Nigerians!

dre11:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/why-petrol-diesel-prices-may-not-drop-despite-dangote-refinery-experts/

2 Likes

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Khyrvxjzy: 7:53am On Jun 22
Racoon:
Nigerians, lift up your heads because your redemption is far from being achieved. Government refineries flopped. The Dangote refinery will still be another monopoly as it has to maximize profits of heavy investment.
is the refinery working?
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by bluefilm: 7:55am On Jun 22
CountinBlessins:
That's the poor for you. Enter romance section or sex threads you find the idiots there. Next thing is to beg .

They are dead already because they have no self esteem or brains..

They are waiting for me that has a job with good investments to come and protest when I can afford everything, while they who can't sit down ? Mad people grin

Let them stay there waiting for me to give them free money .

The idiots are so fast to quote you begging for small things to eat but won't protest .

Stop giving them and let them suffer. These are the same people that will take 2k to vote Tinubu in 2027. Because they can't think. Leave them hungry

You think you are safer and you're never going to lead the protest because you're rich, or rather, because you're okay, right...?

But guess what?

When the poor eventually finds themselves with their back against the wall, who do you think they are going to come after?

YOU, of course

Remember, he who has a lot to lose is more vulnerable

2 Likes

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Lumig: 8:00am On Jun 22
Àwọn experts isọnù undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by jumper524(m): 8:01am On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:
Experts raised valid points and these are most likely to happen but I still trust expert FG analysis and Dangotes realistic projection on this

Even he already weighed all this before making that July statement
experts raised no valid points.
dangote won't pay it's lowest workers $11 per hour amonuting to over 4.5 million naira monthly as minimum wage.
custom duties and transportation cost are eliminated too.
plust it's amongst the top 3 biggest refineries in the world with multiple marketers to break market Monopoly..
there's no way a minimum of 40% reduction won't be the least expected.
I can understand if it's high at first since he's all about paying the huge loan he took but then in the long run it should crash not price reduction I mean real crash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by YouAreNobody: 8:01am On Jun 22
ironheart:
You guys are already settling the pace for dangote to increase fuel products from his refinery. Using media propaganda to drive price

Everyone with an atom of common sense knew from the start that Dangote's refinery will not improve fuel price in Nigeria
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by ATEAMS: 8:03am On Jun 22
Bad bele
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Benjamin4388(m): 8:03am On Jun 22
bluefilm:

You think you are safer and you're never going to lead the protest because you're rich, or rather, because you're okay, right...?

But guess what?

When the poor eventually finds themselves with their back against the wall, who do you think they are going to come after?

YOU, of course

Remember, he who has a lot to lose is more vulnerable

this is trash....shows how useless. and sick some Nigerians can be...you can have the lever to attack your fellow man who is okay but can't protest against the government....una suffer just start....all of us must wait this time for saviour from above...nobody is saving anybody
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Medici777: 8:06am On Jun 22
The true reason they have continue to delay the production of PMS at the refinery is because those in power and their cohorts benefits from the high cost of petrol. They have been trying for months since the announcement that the refinery was about to commence to brainwash Nigerians into thinking the price of fuel won’t be positively impacted by the refinery. It they have the power, the price of fuel will remain the same or go even higher even after the refinery starts production.
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by ironheart(m): 8:06am On Jun 22
YouAreNobody:

Everyone with an atom of common sense knew from the start that Dangote's refinery will not improve fuel price in Nigeria
yea, what pains me is the amount of turn around maintenance money spent on the three dead horse called refinery
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by bayelsaowei(m): 8:06am On Jun 22
grin...
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by bizbro: 8:08am On Jun 22
Who's surprised? Not me!
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by razzydoo(m): 8:09am On Jun 22
Let the petrol come out first before you start pessimism in the guise of expert forecast. Something we should all be praying to be successful to solve our common problem.

1 Like

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by cjudy(m): 8:09am On Jun 22
I love how they’re giving the agbadorians BP.

Petrol price will not reduce 750 is here to stay
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by bluefilm: 8:13am On Jun 22
Benjamin4388:
this is trash....shows how useless. and sick some Nigerians can be...you can have the lever to attack your fellow man who is okay but can't protest against the government....una suffer just start....all of us must wait this time for saviour from above...nobody is saving anybody

The name of the game is survival, bro

When push comes to shove and austerity sets in, when the need to survive calls, nothing else matters and no logic holds

Remember the looting that occurred during the EndSARS period?

Fear the one who has little or nothing to lose

Enough said
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by LUCASC(m): 8:16am On Jun 22
Empty brains emilokans where are thou😂😂😂
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by loswhite(m): 8:16am On Jun 22
lordm:
But desiel dropped already
lol dropped to what price?
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by kollog: 8:19am On Jun 22
Nigeria produce Crude oil and export to refine due to non functioning Refinery, now that there is a Refinery in Nigeria, Crude Oil is now being imported to refine .

What a Nation!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by Benjamin4388(m): 8:26am On Jun 22
bluefilm:

The name of the game is survival, bro

When push comes to shove and austerity sets in, when the need to survive calls, nothing else matters and no logic holds

Remember the looting that occurred during the EndSARS period?

Fear the one who has little or nothing to lose

Enough said

nobody is saving anybody...i was among those who was protesting in toll gate...fortunately I was not there that day because I stayed to watch psg and man united match that day...see how fellow Nigerian backlash those who protested and mocked those who got killed trying to make Nigeria a better country..since that day I swore never to partake bcuz even the ones suffering the most are the ones who won't appear to protests.... long as am concerned those who have little or nothing are still enjoying..we b waiting cuz nobody is saving anybody...time for me to have my breakfast
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by favour32(m): 8:28am On Jun 22
Dangote refinery won't affect shit positively.
No man opens a business for sentiment but only for profit.

Just focus somewhere else for Petroleum products to go down in local prices.
Re: Why Petrol, Diesel Prices May Not Drop Despite Dangote Refinery — Experts by commoditiesnig: 8:30am On Jun 22
As more players - Dangote, PH, Warri & Modular refineries start producing PMS, with time the cost should definitely drop.. Simple Law Of Economic Demand & Supply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Rejects Adeosun's Call For Interest Rate Cut, Retains Benchmark Rat / Why Buhari Should Pardon Soldiers Jailed For Refusing To Fight Boko Haram –MURIC / Nigerians Among World's Hungriest People In 2018 - UN Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.