Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? (26980 Views)

The Name On My WAEC Certificate Is Wrong / Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Universities says NUC / What's The Difference Between NOUN Certificate & Regular University Certificate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Fatirhasaaan: 3:08pm On Jun 22
Best 29 list
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by tfelicityk(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22
Go to the university record to confirm yourself.
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Bolu004(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22
Go to Ministry of Education website, they offer results verification services.
But you'll have to pay, the last time I checked was 3,000 per certificate.

3 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Gerrard59(m): 3:14pm On Jun 22
Some universities have a certain kind of seal on the original certificate which could be scanned to verify its veracity.

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Tripitaka: 3:14pm On Jun 22
heykims:
Mail the University to verify.

Mail a Nigerian University?

You'll wait for reply till eternity.

5 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Lalalalanews: 3:15pm On Jun 22
I swear
MissOpe:
Are you planning to apply with a fake certificate?
So you're wondering how the employers will find out if it's fake or real...hmmm
I hope my thoughts are false though wink
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Zico5(m): 3:15pm On Jun 22
There is no way u will attend good schools that u won't know u are working towards getting genuine certificate. It starts from 100 level. You cutting corner to get admission and u are looking forward to genuine certificate. Is it not a big issue?
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by GreenCovering: 3:16pm On Jun 22
Bolu004:

That's it. Search no more.
A further validation may be required at the ministry of foreign affairs depending.
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by givedemwotowoto: 3:20pm On Jun 22
ABSAO:
Greetings EduLanders!!!!
Please I need a guidance on how I can verify whether any Nigerian university certificate is genuine or not online without asking for official transcripts from university authority. Thanks in advance

Try https://etx.ng/

I think they help along the lines of credential verification

Don’t forget to let us know how it went for you
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Enskynelson(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22
ABSAO:
Greetings EduLanders!!!!
Please I need a guidance on how I can verify whether any Nigerian university certificate is genuine or not online without asking for official transcripts from university authority. Thanks in advance
Verification of result comes at a cost. It is only the school that has the authority to verify any certificate

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by DrMuzungu(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22
The process is very simple. An employer (or an institution) sends a letter to the school. School replies with the result. Student either was or wasn't their student. If he or she was their student, they may add the result achieved.

When my former employer got a new general manager, they sent such letters for each employee. 30% of the results came back negative, lol. Employees were either faking the result, or were never students where they claimed they graduated from.

6 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Focusmind: 3:22pm On Jun 22
Curious and very suspicious question from the OP.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Powersurge: 3:22pm On Jun 22
ABSAO:
Greetings EduLanders!!!!

Send mail or call the registrar of the school.

Most of them have their phone number on their websites.

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by EazyEmjay95(m): 3:23pm On Jun 22
Do I?
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by WakeUpNigerians: 3:23pm On Jun 22
Ask your President cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by AllahOfterror: 3:25pm On Jun 22
TechBaron:
Email the school through the office of the Registrar.

I have been verifying our employees certificates during recruitment using this method for years now.

Most times, it takes ages for the school to respond, just get the school phone number and out it on auto redial.

They'll definitely attend to your enquiry.
this is a long process bro
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by olisaEze(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22
occfx:
Most Nigerians are forging certificates these days. That thing is very useless at the moment

Okoh, I don’t know about your own, but my own certificate no useless at any point in my life. School na scam because some passed through school without school passing through them. Whether you’re presently working with your Cert. or not, should not be a determinant of its value. No matter how many times you draw $ on a piece of paper it still can’t compete with the real one! But different strokes for different folks tho. cool

11 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Onewazobia(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22
xpressionx:
Baba blue is an expert in this area.

Ask him

ATBU u mean?
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by paxonel(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22
TechBaron:
Email the school through the office of the Registrar.

I have been verifying our employees certificates during recruitment using this method for years now.

Most times, it takes ages for the school to respond, just get the school phone number and out it on auto redial.

They'll definitely attend to your enquiry.
does this mean that all candidates who seek employment must have their certificates verified by the company or there are some certificates that looks ungenuine that needs to be verified ?
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by WesKiz: 3:32pm On Jun 22
Which be distin
No be to go school
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by AllahOfterror: 3:32pm On Jun 22
ABSAO:
Greetings EduLanders!!!!
dear friend,
Simply take the certificate close to ur face. Look through a transparent light you will see the Nigerian printing and minting watermarks inscription on the background of the
certificate. If you can't find that know it's fake if the employee can offer you the services u need, without errors, then I suggest you forget the authenticity of the certificate and employ him/her except in medical fields
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Enskynelson(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22
Bolu004:
That is cheap men. Certificate Verification in NOUN is 15k. How then can you verify using a 3rd party with only 3k?
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by PeterObi4LP: 3:35pm On Jun 22
ABSAO:
Greetings EduLanders!!!!

Your Transcript is the answer
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Bolu004(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22
Enskynelson:

That is cheap men. Certificate Verification in NOUN is 15k. How then can you verify using a 3rd party with only 3k?

I think schools across the country send the names of their certified graduands to Ministry of Education. So, it's just for them to open the portal to verify if the claimants name is there.
Easy right?
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by EazyEmjay95(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22
Tripitaka:

Mail a Nigerian University?

You'll wait for reply till eternity.

Abi o 💁💁💁
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by TechBaron: 3:39pm On Jun 22
AllahOfterror:
this is a long process bro
Long process?

That's the most appropriate way of verifying results sir.
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by TechBaron: 3:40pm On Jun 22
paxonel:
does this mean that all candidates who seek employment must have their certificates verified by the company or there are some certificates that looks ungenuine that needs to be verified ?
Most companies do.
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by Bardo: 3:45pm On Jun 22
All Nigerian university certificates are as useless a piss
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by gbagyiza: 3:47pm On Jun 22
You are asking this question in an unfunctional system. You should know that things like this don't work in Nigeria. To date, some of the top politicians cut up with certificate scandals, and attempts to verify their certificates failed because of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:52pm On Jun 22
Verify from the school registrar via the portal or in person,but you must be authentic body (employer or an institution)for them to answer you. angry

3 Likes

Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:54pm On Jun 22
Bardo:
All Nigerian university certificates are as useless a piss
EHH! SO WHAT ABOUT THEIR PROFESSORS shocked
Re: How Can Someone Verify Whether A Nigeria University Certificate Is Genuine ? by femi4: 3:57pm On Jun 22
ABSAO:
Greetings EduLanders!!!!
They always have a verify link where you can input the verification code on the certificate. E.g for lautech, use
https://lautech.edu.ng/verify/app

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' / WAEC Releases Timetable For May/june 2017 / The Vice Chancellor Of Mouau In EFCC Net Over 300 Million Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.