Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,112 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) (61334 Views)

See The Plate Of Food I Bought In UNICAL Today For N1200 / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 / See The Plate Of Food I Got For 1500 In An Eatery. The Fish Alone Is 1k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Rapmoney(m): 1:41pm On Jun 22
There is this local restaurant I used to eat any time I visit Warri. Omo, na so I enter Mama Teguolo restaurant say make I chop. The food I bought (based on low budget) cost N1500. This is the same food I used to buy by this time last year for N400. The inflation rate in Nigeria is really terrible.

For those people who like screaming, 'Plant your own food, plant your own food', I guess we should also rear our own cattle, goats, sheep, ram, chickens, etc and also refine our own crude oil, manufacture our own cars all in our backyard. We should also look for ways to generate our own electricity individually because the electricity that is given to us is costly.

It is shameful that there are Nigerian youths who still give excuses on behalf of the government. Sometimes, I wonder the essence of education to the Nigerian youth when they make cases for people whose corrupt practices have destroyed the economy and social life of the citizens.

218 Likes 23 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by DevilsEqual(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22
I know things are hard and almost everyone is feeling the heat

But I'll never understand the need for creating this kinda thread as I've seen 100000 of this in the last two weeks

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you
We've always complained about it

What do we do about this now

141 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Rapmoney(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

But I'll be never e understand the need for creating this kinda thread as I've seen 100000 of this in the last two weeks

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

I would like you to read the Social Contract theory by Thomas Hobbes. Only then can you understand the essence of government and the reason for the existence of a government.

400 Likes 43 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Elsueno: 2:13pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

But I'll be never e understand the need for creating this kinda thread as I've seen 100000 of this in the last two weeks

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

I am very sure u are an agbadorian or one of those 'fence sitters' who always claim neutrality & emergency patriots but stylishly defend thier boss.

Anyways, since una don strangle the average Nigeria with inflation, U still wan deny them the space to complain?...let people vent, pray, talk whatever..if una do good, same people no go stingy with praises

356 Likes 30 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Hollybratt(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22
The way people force theirself to post these days just to gain attention is overwhelming cool

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Mom007(f): 2:39pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

You can plant your own food. undecided
I will never stop shouting this. Yes you can't plant everything but you can plant some. I'm currently at an agricultural conference is Scotland now and we in Africa, na mouth naim we just get. We have not even started, in fact, we are not even in the race! Na private farms dey feed nation. Everything you buy, you will see 'proudly from Scottish farms', or 'supporting Scottish businesses' stamped on them. Government will never come and farm for you. Agricultural sector is the only sector that has the capacity to drive every other sector of the economy, ignore at your own peril. All these folks building hotels and filling stations upandan, can't you set up farms? Huge mechanised farms? Family owned business that will supply big supermarkets! I see cows wey be like elephant abi hippopotamus I silent. See livestock! Whereas, Our fulani are still busy using their lean hungry cows to cause nuisance and havoc upandan. Chai, who do us? embarassed

105 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Premiumbuy(m): 2:58pm On Jun 22
Premium Be Unto You

Just imagine from 400 to 1500, this might just be the begining by this time next year I'm sure it would be times two of the current price, unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Premiumbuy(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

Premium Be Unto You

Bro what you wrote up there is trash, if you have nothing good to say why not keep silent.

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by agadez007(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22
Let me comment like a demented agbado zombie
grin grin grin

You must not eat outside,you can plant Cassava in your backyard garden to make your own garri/Fufu
Plant pumpkin so you can harvest Egusi,don’t forget to plant pepper too
Then you can also plant palm tree in your backyard to make your own palm oil

See,You must not buy everything,let’s be planting gardens in our backyards while our politicians keep looting and living large
No need to buy water too,just fetch rain water

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by yyba: 6:02pm On Jun 22
Rapmoney:
There is this local restaurant I used to eat any time I visit Warri. Omo, na so I enter Mama Teguolo restaurant say make I chop. The food I bought (based on low budget) cost N1500. This is the same food I used to buy by this time last year for N400. The inflation rate in Nigeria is really terrible.

For those people who like screaming, 'Plant your own food, plant your own food', I guess we should also rear our own cattle, goats, sheep, ram, chickens, etc and also refine our own crude oil, manufacture our own cars all in our backyard. We should also look for ways to generate our own electricity individually because the electricity that is given to us is costly.

It is shameful that there are Nigerian youths who still give excuses on behalf of the government. Sometimes, I wonder the essence of education to the Nigerian youth when they make cases for people whose corrupt practices have destroyed the economy and social life of the citizens.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Nlfpmod
that is very cheap, here half of it is #9700 and we are not complaining

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Obainoman6: 7:51pm On Jun 22
This is just the beginning, 10 more years loading for tinubu, Nigeria Must eat grass.
besides, which kind plate dem use put food for you like this, u be slave?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Obainoman6: 7:52pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

common keep quiet, ur brain dey ur yansh.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by GanagiBitrus: 8:00pm On Jun 22
Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by 100millionGoal: 8:02pm On Jun 22
grin

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by adioolayi(m): 8:02pm On Jun 22
It's really a sad one..

Things are terribly harsh now

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by tballeyy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 22
We are on God in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by BABAawoo47: 8:03pm On Jun 22
Mom007:

I will never stop shouting this. Yes you can't plant everything but you can plant some. I'm currently at an agricultural conference is Scotland now and we in Africa, na mouth naim we just get. We have not even started, in fact, we are not even in the race! Na private farms dey feed nation. Everything you buy, you will see 'proudly from Scottish farms', or 'supporting Scottish businesses' stamped on them. Government will never come and farm for you. Agricultural sector is the only sector that has the capacity to drive every other sector of the economy, ignore at your own peril. All these folks building hotels and filling stations upandan, can't you set up farms? Huge mechanised farms? Family owned business that will supply big supermarkets! I see cows wey be like elephant abi hippopotamus I silent. See livestock! Whereas, Our fulani are still busy using their lean hungry cows to cause nuisance and havoc upandan. Chai, who do us? embarassed
do you know how many percentage of population are farmers in the US? 0.5% of total population. Yet they can feed ×3 of there population comfortably. Everyone doesn't need to go to farm. We only need mechanized farming.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by davidtemi(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22
I don't know sha but I just hate this type of plates.

Don't buy food again, cook at home

4 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by DamnnNiggarr: 8:03pm On Jun 22
shocked

The "e go favour me and my family" left the group chat
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

If there's nothing to do about it, then, there's no need for "Government". Don't you think so?

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by goodnessme1(f): 8:03pm On Jun 22
We yoruba Muslims blame Igbos for that.

They are the one destroying Nigeria.

22 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by vikstandon(m): 8:03pm On Jun 22
Mom007:

The same government that takes over Agro Lands for building estates and sharing it among the elites, all in the name that government owns lands.

You bought land for agro business. Government comes to destroy settlement and arable lands.
Our leaders aren't progressive.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Starships4u(m): 8:04pm On Jun 22
Normally nah,

What yha expect..?
Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by johnog4sure: 8:05pm On Jun 22
Elsueno:

I am very sure u are an agbadorian or one of those 'fence sitters' who always claim neutrality & emergency patriots but stylishly defend thier boss.

Anyways, since una don strangle the average Nigeria with inflation, U still wan deny them the space to complain?...let people vent, pray, talk whatever..if una do good, same people no go stingy with praises
O hate those neutral people pass brain-dead agbadorians...those neutral people are the real snakes

8 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by EyeCumInPiss: 8:05pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

They want to drum it into your thick agbado skull that your druggie is fast destroying this corn3. grin

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by omoredia: 8:05pm On Jun 22
Tinubu is synonymous to poverty

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by Ihasi: 8:05pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

Social space is your only voice in a country where the poor doesn't have a voice guy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by femi4: 8:06pm On Jun 22
That's close to 300% increase...quite sad

8 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by phemmie06(m): 8:06pm On Jun 22
@OP stop complaining you caused this for yourself. If you're a catd carrying member of emilokan you would have used your card as both access card to eat in any eatery of your choice and also serve as ATM card which you can use to withdraw money or pay for any bills.

APC

7 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by oluwaseyi0: 8:07pm On Jun 22
things are really getting out of hand

4 Likes

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by femi4: 8:08pm On Jun 22
DevilsEqual:

We can't pray for you
We can't pay for you

Social media remains the only place you can protest without police harassment

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by greenermodels: 8:08pm On Jun 22
Welcome to the zoo, a country where the government recommends subsistence farming for citizens of a fast urbanizing country while professional farmers are been chased off their lands by murderous foreigners while the government fidgets, Nigeria is hopeless as it stands right now especially in terms of food security.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Plate Of Food I Bought For N1500 Was N400 A Year Ago (Photo) by onadana: 8:08pm On Jun 22
It is a big shame and a tragedy of monumental proportion where Nigeria is as a Nation yet people still give excuses for the government based on either religion or tribal sentiment.Things are getting worse and I really sympathise with those back in Nigeria.It is really a tragedy.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prices Of Rice In Nigeria Per Bag (may 2022) / Goat Seen Eating From A Pot Still On Fire (video) / See The Food I Bought For N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.