Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,669 members, 7,892,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:02 PM

Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman (13114 Views)

Lalong: Buhari Is Chairman Of APC Presidential Campaign Organisation / Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / Okechukwu Ibeanu, Not Amina Zakari Is Chairman INEC Logistics Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by naptu2: 6:40pm On Jun 24
Anambra New Media @AnambraNewMedia

BREAKING: Governor Soludo emerges as Vice Chairman of the Southern Governors' Forum.
The meeting held today in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, was attended by all Southern Governors from the South West, South-South, and South East regions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPn4TfsMzzA?si=yhPtfbvvxmBwpC0S

NTA International @NTAInternational1

GOVERNORS FORUM
Governor Dapo Abiodun Of Ogun state emerges as chairman of the southern governors forum while Anambra state Governor, Charles Soludo is the Vice Chairman

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by naptu2: 6:40pm On Jun 24
Abiodun becomes Southern govs’ forum chair, Soludo, VP

24th June 2024
By Taiwo Bankole

The Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun was on Monday elected as the new chairman of Southern Governors’ Forum.

The governor of Anambra State, Professor Charles Soludo, emerged as the Vice Chairman of the forum.

The Southern Governors’ Forum serves as the umbrella body for the 17 governors from the South-West, South-South, and South-East geopolitical zones of Nigeria.

Abiodun is succeeding the former governor of Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu SAN, who died last year December.

16 governors were in attendance except the governor of Rivers State, Mr. Siminalayi Fubara.

The governors in attendance were Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State, Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Seyi Makinde, Oyo State, Alex Otii of Abia State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, Ademola Adeleke of Osun state, Francis Nwifuru of Ebonyi state, Enugu’s Peter Mbah, Bayelsa’s Douye Diri and Umo Eno of Akwa Ibom State.

Others include Ekiti State’s Biodun Oyebanji, Cross River’s Bassey Otu, Anambra’s Charles Soludo, Imo State deputy governor, Chinyere Ekomaru, Delta State deputy governor, Monday Onyeme, and Ondo State deputy governor, Olayide Adelami.

The governors held a closed-door meeting that lasted about five hours at the Presidential Lodge in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

Abiodun, while briefing newsmen after the meeting, described his choice as the next Chairman of the Southern Governors Forum alongside Prof Soludo as an honour he would forever appreciate and, of course, encourage him to continue to contribute to national development.

He said, “I first want to thank all the Governors, the 17 Governors, for coming to Abeokuta today for this first meeting after about three years. It underscores the commitment and the determination to ensure that the Southern States are occupied by their pride of place.

“I also want to thank them for this confidence, so I reposed in myself and Professor Soludo and pledged that we would ensure this confidence was justified.

“We have discussed a whole ranging number of issues but because of time constraints, myself and Governor Soludo will available to you pressmen the details of our communique that reflects our aspirations, our determination and the new and repositioned Southern Governors’ Forum.”

https://punchng.com/abiodun-becomes-southern-govs-forum-chair-soludo-vp/

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by PlasmaTV: 6:53pm On Jun 24
Two clowns in power

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by AbisolaOba: 6:53pm On Jun 24
Okay
Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Ebukamatth(m): 6:53pm On Jun 24

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Angelfrost(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24
*Yawns*

What a MASSIVE achievement!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by onadana: 6:54pm On Jun 24
Toothless association....How Okowa readily jumped ship all in the quest for VP comes to mind.

13 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by farouk2much(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24
They unite only on corruption...... Useless

9 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Aremwayne: 6:54pm On Jun 24
I thought this man was incompetent. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by CartelKenneth: 6:54pm On Jun 24
Be
Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Sec5(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24
Gov Otti is shortest and almost the most performing governor among them

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Olayinka8793(m): 6:54pm On Jun 24
Really?
He is about to infect the forum with his incompetence.
The absolute worst governor of Ogun state.

16 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by helinues: 6:55pm On Jun 24
Toh
Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Orlu13: 6:56pm On Jun 24
nonsense forum headed by dimwits

bunch of useless politicians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by ObongNkakad: 6:56pm On Jun 24
Dapo the useless governor

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by everlybeloved(f): 6:56pm On Jun 24
CartelKenneth:
Useless people

Useless afonjà bastards
Whatever happens to them is none of my concern
They can burn in hell for all I care 🔥🔥🔥🦍🦍🦍🐲🐲😡😡😡😡😡😡
Easy 😂

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Ameduedwin: 6:57pm On Jun 24
See his wicked face, nonsense.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Owaincouncil: 6:57pm On Jun 24
This people are funny. They can't chose a performing governor to lead them. In fact, I still prefer soludo as chairman than thus darudapo

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by vickthourh(m): 6:57pm On Jun 24
Ok
Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by PHIPEX(m): 6:57pm On Jun 24
I don't trust this forum one bit.

After making noise in 2022 they all went to sleep when "Southern Presidency" turned to Emilokan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they want to use them push regionalism this time

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by dragunov: 6:58pm On Jun 24
naptu2:
Anambra New Media @AnambraNewMedia

NTA International @NTAInternational1

ELEYIIII!!!
Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Bobby4090: 6:58pm On Jun 24
Oooh... 16 of the 17 southern governors were there. Gov. Sim was the only exception. This Wike wicked ooo. He don pepper the guy to the extent say the guy the fear even commot PH. It is well!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Shomek1(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24
One of the worstest governor in nigeria

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Meti99(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24
Good!!!
I think they were looking for a less busy governor so they can at least keep him a little busy making calls while he neglects his primary assignment as people's governor

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Unittyy: 6:59pm On Jun 24
Seyi Makinde is more qualified. Everything should not be majority.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Olayinka8793(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24
Aremwayne:
I thought this man was incompetent. grin
He is. But apparently, competence and integrity are not a qualification to become chairman of the Southern Governors Forum

2 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by dragunov: 6:59pm On Jun 24
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/abiodun-becomes-southern-govs-forum-chair-soludo-vp/

You can't help but notice it. Demola is bristling to dance. He is just using all his might to not do it.😜😜😜😜

3 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by ATLANTIC01: 6:59pm On Jun 24
K

Thrilled to unveil our latest Pop and Screeding interior project for a Twitter user before we move to the next Phase.

Re: Dapo Abiodun Is Chairman Southern Governors Forum, Soludo Is Vice Chairman by Olayinka8793(m): 6:59pm On Jun 24
Shomek1:
One of the worstest governor in nigeria
The absolute worst. Undefeated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Hires 18 Firms For Forensic Audit Of Mdas / State Houses Of Assembly Speakers Meet In Owerri (Photos) / Benue Flood Victim Treks From Benue-Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.