Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? (1217 Views)

Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) / Anyone Complaining About Hardship In Nigeria Is Not Being Realistic – Isa-Onilu / Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:37pm On Jun 24
Please the Senior Uncles born in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's,
HAS THERE BEEN ANY HARDSHIP IN NIGERIA THAT IS TOUGH OR TOUGHER THAN WHAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING NOW?🀨🀨

I Have heard About Stomach Adjustment Palaver (SAP) during Gen Ibrahim Babangida's regime
and also Heard there was some HUNGER during Shagari's regime. sad

As a Boy, I remember Tony OneWeek in his 1999 Gyration Song singing 'Austerity Measure, na him make Man Suffer'. πŸ˜’

SO HAVE NIGERIA EXPERIENCED THIS KIND OF HARDSHIP BEFORE?πŸ€”πŸ€”

1 Like

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by budaatum: 3:59am On Jun 25

1 Like

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:25am On Jun 25
This is actually paradise compared to what is to come

12 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Gerrard59(m): 4:48am On Jun 25
Vinnie2000:

HAS THERE BEEN ANY HARDSHIP IN NIGERIA THAT IS TOUGH OR TOUGHER THAN WHAT WE ARE EXPERIENCING NOW?🀨🀨

I Have heard About Stomach Adjustment Palaver (SAP) during Gen Ibrahim Babangida's regime

πŸ€”πŸ€”

Yes, the SAP by IBB was a terrible period for Nigerians. The programme was introduced by IBB to right the wrongs of guess who?

The same man who Nigerians campaigned and voted for in 2015. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We warned them! They called us wailers! grin grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by khalm5853: 4:55am On Jun 25
LoL dis country 🀣

2 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by raumdeuter: 4:57am On Jun 25
Abacha times was worse

1 Like

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by wrongman665(m): 5:08am On Jun 25
We never see anything yet, this is just 1 year down.

4 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Whalis: 5:12am On Jun 25
It has happened before but with a relatively stable naira. So it was easy for Nigerians to recover. But in this case Naira is depreciating as well which has made it a near irredeemable situation.

5 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by DMerciful(m): 5:18am On Jun 25
1984 Buhari time...2024 Tinubu’s time.

Both are disasters!
Vinnie2000:

As a Boy, I remember Tony OneWeek in his 1999 Gyration Song singing 'Austerity Measure, na him make Man Suffer'. πŸ˜’

SO HAVE NIGERIA EXPERIENCED THIS KIND OF HARDSHIP BEFORE?πŸ€”πŸ€”

7 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:20am On Jun 25
raumdeuter:
Abacha times was worse

This is a LIE, please. undecided

I witnessed Abacha's Era. I was fully present in the 1990's.

The country was the Most Stable during his Regime.
I never heard of ASUU strike, INSECURITY, FOOD Shortages or INFLATION in his Era. sad

9 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Bridget95(f): 5:36am On Jun 25
Nigerians dead or alive have not experienced anything near what we are experiencing nowadays.
Never a time have rice ,beans and garri been at the same price.

Never a time have we had insecurity to the point the police seem helpless and the masses hopless and the government careless.

We are in soup in this country and no country seem to help.

15 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by helinues: 5:39am On Jun 25
Make una continue coming online to be creating senseless threads instead to go and hustle smartly.

Blame everyone except unaself

6 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by SisterRamota(f): 6:00am On Jun 25
helinues:
Make una continue coming online to be creating senseless threads instead to go and hustle smartly.

Do you hustle too? In fact what do you do for a living? Hurry up ok.

11 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by helinues: 6:03am On Jun 25
SisterRamota:
Do you hustle too? In fact what do you do for a living? Hurry up ok.

Anyone asking me about what I do or telling me that I am jobless, na thunder go fire that person.

I already made myself clear. You created threads about the confirmation.

You still repeating the jargons only means you just want to attract thunder by force.

5 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:04am On Jun 25
Bridget95:
Nigerians dead or alive have not experienced anything near what we are experiencing nowadays.

Never a time have we had insecurity to the point the police seem helpless and the masses hopless and the government careless.

I really want to know from the OLDER Nigerians. undecided

because even one Pastor said if his Father who died in 1993 came back to Life and saw the Price of Foodstuffs in Nigeria,
The Man would just collapse and Die again. cheesy

Funny enough, this statement was in 2021 o. shocked sad shocked

1 Like

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by samomoli: 6:04am On Jun 25
Abacha time was not bad talk of being worse. Abacha was sanctioned by international bodies because of his roles on June 12. He could not travel out of the country and he was busy syphoning Nigeria's wealth. Things were not this expensive

2 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by SisterRamota(f): 6:05am On Jun 25
helinues:

Anyone asking me about what I do or telling me that I am jobless, na thunder go fire that person.

I already made myself clear. You created threads about the confirmation.

You still repeating the jargons only means you just want to attract thunder by force.
Just wanted to help out. Need a job?

8 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by helinues: 6:07am On Jun 25
SisterRamota:
Just wanted to help out. Need a job?

You detest yourself so tey you deliberately decided to be wasting your own time and life on NL trolling others for years

You created this moniker just yesterday solely for trolling, something so glaring from your comments history yet na you dey ask if others get job.

Stop taking Amalar tablet, your situation has gone far worst than that.

Stop disgracing your family with your continuation of sounding dumb on this forum

5 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by SisterRamota(f): 6:17am On Jun 25
helinues:

You detest yourself so tey you deliberately decided to be wasting your own time and life on NL trolling others for years

You created this moniker just yesterday solely for trolling, something so glaring from your comments history yet na you dey ask if others get job.

Stop taking Amalar tablet, your situation has gone far worst than that.

Stop disgracing your family with your continuation of sounding dumb on this forum
Are you not the one that told everyone that you are jobless?

9 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Guestlander: 6:20am On Jun 25
Vinnie2000:

This is a LIE, please. undecided

I witnessed Abacha's Era. I was fully present in the 1990's.

The country was the Most Stable during his Regime.
I never heard of ASUU strike, INSECURITY, FOOD Shortages or INFLATION in his Era. sad

Yeah, because if you organize a protest you will never be seen again.
Very peaceful as in the graveyard.
Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Bridget95(f): 6:27am On Jun 25
Vinnie2000:

I really want to know from the OLDER Nigerians. undecided

because even one Pastor said if his Father who died in 1993 came back to Life and saw the Price of Foodstuffs in Nigeria,
The Man would just collapse and Die again. cheesy

Funny enough, this statement was in 2021 o. shocked sad shocked
older Nigerians are scarce on this platform

2 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by mytime24(f): 6:28am On Jun 25
Happy slave over to u

3 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by ITbomb(m): 6:35am On Jun 25
It was hard then but since there were more farmers than now. Now we spend more on food and transport.

No matter how things were hard, you could go to village and bring back something to last you a month. Now even villagers are waiting for you to bring money so that they can buy garri to eat

3 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Bobloco: 6:51am On Jun 25
There has never been anything like this, not even during the civil war.

4 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Bizibi(m): 6:58am On Jun 25
Many youths didn't listen when older Nigerians warned them about buhari.

3 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Didijiji: 7:08am On Jun 25
This is the worst government in ancient and modern Nigerian history!

Was there ever a time that tomato, pepper, pure water added money?

NEVER

4 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Northernblood9(m): 7:08am On Jun 25
helinues:

Madridguy this is how you looked like defending buffon buhari

6 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by AcadaWriter: 7:11am On Jun 25
LoL dis 🀣

1 Like

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by sirchim(m): 7:12am On Jun 25
Gerrard59:

Yes, the SAP by IBB was a terrible period for Nigerians. The programme was introduced by IBB to right the wrongs of guess who?

The same man who Nigerians campaigned and voted for in 2015. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We warned them! They called us wailers! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Dem never see anything

4 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by sirchim(m): 7:15am On Jun 25
BULLHARI just come spoil every every. Man no Sabi anything, nothing dey him head.

2 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:22am On Jun 25
budaatum:
The song below was released in 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRryNzHOks?si=n0HcH6lfDLNIRXcR

This Sunny Okosun's 'Which Way Nigeria' Song talks about Corruption, Mismanagement and Wastage by our Government. sad

It does NOT cover Inflation, where Beans, Rice, Garri prices keep skyrocketing or UNEMPLOYMENT. undecided

Surely, 2024 has to be Worse than 1984.πŸ˜’

4 Likes

Re: HARDSHIP IN THE COUNTRY: Has There Been Any Like This, In The Past? by Tallesty1(m): 7:46am On Jun 25
Bridget95:

Dey play.

Most of us from South East have seen worse time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Have Confidence In Inec In Organizing The 2007 Polls? / Sarah Jubril For President - 2007 / If Yar Adua Is Sick , Where Is Turai , Why Have We Not Seen Her In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.