Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,968 members, 7,876,677 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria (34419 Views)

Man Allegedly Denied Visa For Owing Loan App N5K / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by DeepSight(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25
anonimi:

Please in what way is our country comparable to the US?

Are they also having the most extreme poverty paupers in the world?
Or they are having the highest number of children out of school

Why should a rich man want a pauper in his home for a visit?
Think properly about that.

The poverty of a country is no reason to deny a former diplomat a visa. Thats crap. Its you who have no self respect. You think the trash oyibos dish out is always sensible. It is not. They do pointless and stupid discriminatory things all the time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by UnabashedIPOB: 3:12pm On Jun 25
This is just the beginning of how Nigerians will be treated worldwide whether you are a former ambassador or the presidiot of Nigeria. Keep loving your One Nigeria.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by Santalpharay: 3:13pm On Jun 25
RodgersAkpafu:

migrating in large numbers does not excuse criminality

The question is,,what caused the mass migration. The migration wasn't surely for fun.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by 3rdeyeNigeria: 3:46pm On Jun 25
That he is a former ambassador does not hold water.

What is he going to do in Austria and in what capacity.?
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by sylve11: 3:49pm On Jun 25
Gadafii:
A traveling blogger narrated how he spent over $150k to get another citizenship and passport in another country that allows him travel the world without restriction and myriads of checks and suspicious looks he gets when ever he presents his Nigerian passport at airports and Nigerians were in his comment section swearing for him that he's not patriotic and all.

A move any sane Nigeria who can afford it will make, even in Nigeria we discriminate ourselves, thinking the world is not watching, imagine someone that lives and work in Lagos, pay tax to Lagos govt and all, but when it's time to vote, that's when they remember he's not lagosian, and he's advised to go home, you go to hospital to get medical care, without questioning where the doctor is from, but election time they all remember who's who😅😅

Nigeria don cast walai

For reading purposes, can you please share me the link to the bolded? cool
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by sylve11: 4:00pm On Jun 25
Empresa:
Peter Obi promised to strengthen the Nigerian Passport but you prefer ethnic politics. Enjoy your renewed hope.

I am not against Peter Obi in anyway or form, but how is he going to strengthen the Nigerian passport if given the chance to become the president of Nigeria? cool

1 Like

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by 12345baba(m): 4:01pm On Jun 25
They wan go enjoy other people hardwork
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by JaskanFactor: 4:11pm On Jun 25
My dear, Nigeria , Africa is where oyinbo people who run the world keep their prisoners, and Nigerian government is the prison guard, thus working for niger government is millions of times far far worse than being a prostitute.

Your dad is far from being innocent in the matter. Lets hope this experience makes you choose a career path where you dont have to turn against your people to put food on the table.

The world is changing fast, i still remember pre covid years when medical doctor was a respectable job, now they too are hated world wide as traitors to their profession.

The most Honorable men in the world today probably look like they belong in Asylum, and the most dishonourable men with depraved habits look like kings.

I wish you the best in finding honor in things that are true and noble.

No civil servant or CEO on earth has honor.
And never forget you come from a country where genocidal terrorists are now civil servants.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by maasoap(m): 4:46pm On Jun 25
slimfit1:
When it rains we all get wet not just poor people. Let us pray that what happened to Jewish people in Germany doesn't happened to us. I have been telling people that it's important we work on ourselves. Work to make our country great. What is your dad going to do there as a matter of fact.
We welcome anything to our country, they dont have to welcome your dad because he was a diplomat.They already have one there now. Protect your country they are protecting there's dont take it in a wrong way. Your dad's is not going to add anything to their society just like he didn't add anything to his country.

You started very well but ended your submission with absolute trash. You sounded like a typical asslicker with inferiority complex
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by maasoap(m): 4:51pm On Jun 25
anonimi:

Please in what way is our country comparable to the US?

Are they also having the most extreme poverty paupers in the world?
Or they are having the highest number of children out of school

Why should a rich man want a pauper in his home for a visit?
Think properly about that.

What a senseless comment? Was he begging for visa instead of paying? The fact that Nigeria is "poorer" as a country than Austria doesn't mean every Nigerian citizen is poorer than every Austrian citizen now. It is a common sense thing not to generalise
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by travelzcruix: 4:52pm On Jun 25
People go bleach tire just to comot this Naija black from their body,
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by maasoap(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25
Racoon:
To imagine that this man is a former diplomatic rep of this nation to Australia beats imagination. Was he expelled for breech of diplomatic relations in the time past? The damage done to Nigeria's image and reputation under this government is gonna produce long time ripple effects.

Lol at under this government grin grin grin. I think you just came of age last year. Because I believe that you should have said "successive Nigeria governments" and Nigerian citizens home and abroad instead.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by Gadafii: 5:03pm On Jun 25
yemmit90:

If every sane Nigerians who can afford to buy another citizenship for better future should do so, then stop complaining about the current state of your nation. $150k can set up a business that will employ more than 30 youths, yet you won't do that to help your country but keep lamenting that your country is not moving forward.

You people are not different from the leaders you are blaming.
you can afford to set up a busy in a thriving economy not a hostile one like Nigerias

A lot of multinationals already fleeing Nigeria due to bad economic policies that have crippled the economy..ShopRite just announced plans to closed down its Abuja site , are you aware
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by Ladech(m): 5:10pm On Jun 25
Am a Black man Sir.
Sorry my opinion sounded offensive but it is what it is.
That is the way we are being perceived and we have not proved them wrong in anyway.
We run our society like the animal kingdom, we behave like apes!
anonimi:

Are you a YELLOW man
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by slimfit1(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25
maasoap:

You started very well but ended your submission with absolute trash. You sounded like a typical asslicker with inferiority complex

Aslicking don't make me insult you unnecessarily. its my opinion. I don't lick nothing I say things as I see it. If I'm insulting your dad don't be mad. It's just how I see it
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by anonimi: 5:16pm On Jun 25
DeepSight:
The poverty of a country is no reason to deny a former diplomat a visa. Thats crap. Its you who have no self respect. You think the trash oyibos dish out is always sensible. It is not. They do pointless and stupid discriminatory things all the time.

And we blacks don’t do pointless and stupid discriminatory things all the time, based on tribe and social class

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by RodgersAkpafu: 5:16pm On Jun 25
Santalpharay:

The question is,,what caused the mass migration. The migration wasn't surely for fun.
whatever the reason is ....
still does not excuse criminality
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by DeepSight(m): 5:28pm On Jun 25
anonimi:

And we blacks don’t do pointless and stupid discriminatory things all the time, based on tribe and social class

Sadly, I have to agree we do. But that doesnt mean you deny an ex diplomat a visa on the imagination that at that level, he will dissapear in your country.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by anonimi: 5:32pm On Jun 25
maasoap:
What a senseless comment? Was he begging for visa instead of paying? The fact that Nigeria is "poorer" as a country than Austria doesn't mean every Nigerian citizen is poorer than every Austrian citizen now. It is a common sense thing not to generalise

If he was not begging, then why is he wailing at the denial?

Was he forced to ask for THEIR visa?

One rich person in a group with six extreme poverty paupers is a group of seven extreme poverty paupers. Kiss the truth and thank me later.

Dangote: I need 35 visas to travel within Africa but French investors don’t

“I still complained to President Kagame. I told him that as an investor, I have to now apply for 35 different visas on my passport, and I told Mr. President, I really don’t have the time to go and be dropping my passports in embassies to get a visa,” he said.

“But you see, the most annoying thing is that yes, if you are treating everybody the same, then I can understand.”

Using the French passport as an example, Dangote said Patrick Pouyanne, chairman of Total Energies, does not need 35 visas on his French passport to gain access to African countries.

“You don’t need 35 visas on your French passport. This means you have a freer movement than myself in Africa,” he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/dangote-i-need-35-visas-to-travel-within-africa-but-french-investors-dont/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by anonimi: 5:34pm On Jun 25
DeepSight:
Sadly, I have to agree we do. But that doesnt mean you deny an ex diplomat a visa on the imagination that at that level, he will dissapear in your country.

It means that unfortunately.

What COMPELLING reason is there to let the ex diplomat of a poor African country into their territory

1 Like

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by DeepSight(m): 5:39pm On Jun 25
anonimi:

It means that unfortunately.

What COMPELLING reason is there to let the ex diplomat of a poor African country into their territory

Protocol and common decency demands that sir.
Unless you wish to argue that they should not even allow any African, no matter how distinguished.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by anonimi: 5:55pm On Jun 25
DeepSight:
Protocol and common decency demands that sir.
Unless you wish to argue that they should not even allow any African, no matter how distinguished.

How is distinguished a substitute for compelling reason?

They will allow Africans who meet their criteria for being allowed into their country. It’s the same way that you would allow people into your home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by DeepSight(m): 6:09pm On Jun 25
anonimi:

How is distinguished a substitute for compelling reason?

They will allow Africans who meet their criteria for being allowed into their country. It’s the same way that you would allow people into your home.

Chief, if that guy doesnt have a criminal record and is not destitute, I fail to see the reason.

I dont know if you saw my first post on this thread. I said it has happened to me. I was working with a first class global multinational and had a business trip. All protocols sorted, all payments made, with guarantees from the company. For privacy, I dont wish to mention the name, but this is a top top global corporation. And the idiots refused me a visa saying they were not sure I will come back. Oho, so you look at a lawyer working as legal adviser in a multinational and imagine he will abandon his job to become an illegal immigrant on the streets avoiding the law? There was no possible justification for that nonsense, and of course we appealed it and it was reversed. But the sheer stupidity of saying that I may "run away" from my cushy privileged job to skulk around as an illegal immigrant was bewildering.

I also mentioned how they did this to a 70 year old ex diplomat who worked her whole life for a multilateral organization, a sophisticated old lady who needed a medical visa. The clowns said she will run away and not come back.

Please sir, all that is nothing but stupid condescension and it is even deliberately done to insult a people.

You need to think about what you are saying, it reflects very poorly on your self-respect (no offense) because if that is the case, you will defend it if someone like an Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or an Amina Mohammed is denied a visa in future on the grounds that they will run away to become illegal immigrants. How does that sound to you?

And that, my friend, is exactly what you are justifying.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by manmade(m): 6:17pm On Jun 25
omoadeleye:

Please i used to read something like this and also how the government caused the reason why Nigerians are being discriminated while applying to another country,

Please can you kindly tell me how the government lead us into this situation we are now.

Thanks
The way a clothes seller arranges his wares in the market determines the value potential buyers will place on them. Nigeria used to be the darling of the Western world and some developed countries in the 1970s and early 1980s. Countries like Malaysia, the UAE (especially Dubai), Singapore, and the USA treated Nigerian citizens with respect and dignity. I have a video on my phone showing a king from the western region of Nigeria being carried shoulder-high by a group of well-dressed and immaculate young white men as a sign of honor. At that time, the naira was stronger than the dollar. Everything about the country was rosy and fantastic: free education, both local and international scholarships, free meals, and whole chickens for university students. The reduction in the size of the chicken even led to the notorious "Ali Must Go" riot at one of the universities in the western region.

Back then, no one was considering emigrating (japalism). When our citizens graduated from foreign universities, they rushed home to take their rightful places in the ministries or private sectors as proud employees. But where are all these things now? They have been destroyed due to economic mismanagement, government greed, corruption, tribalism, and nepotism. And who is responsible for all this? The same set of people who have enough resources to book the next flight for their families if anything goes wrong.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by ukaface(f): 6:18pm On Jun 25
Wetin Dey do this one?
Who tell am say na Nigerian passport cause am?
My friends wey dem give Schengen visa why were they not denied?
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by anonimi: 6:41pm On Jun 25
DeepSight:
Chief, if that guy doesnt have a criminal record and is not destitute, I fail to see the reason.

I dont know if you saw my first post on this thread. I said it has happened to me. I was working with a first class global multinational and had a business trip. All protocols sorted, all payments made, with guarantees from the company. For privacy, I dont wish to mention the name, but this is a top top global corporation. And the idiots refused me a visa saying they were not sure I will come back. Oho, so you look at a lawyer working as legal adviser in a multinational and imagine he will abandon his job to become an illegal immigrant on the streets avoiding the law? There was no possible justification for that nonsense, and of course we appealed it and it was reversed. But the sheer stupidity of saying that I may "run away" from my cushy privileged job to skulk around as an illegal immigrant was bewildering.

I also mentioned how they did this to a 70 year old ex diplomat who worked her whole life for a multilateral organization, a sophisticated old lady who needed a medical visa. The clowns said she will run away and not come back.

Please sir, all that is nothing but stupid condescension and it is even deliberately done to insult a people.

You need to think about what you are saying, it reflects very poorly on your self-respect (no offense) because if that is the case, you will defend it if someone like an Ngozi Okonjo Iweala or an Amina Mohammed is denied a visa in future on the grounds that they will run away to become illegal immigrants. How does that sound to you?

And that, my friend, is exactly what you are justifying.

I have not defended or justified anything.

I have only stated facts as I see it.

Are we privileged, black elites not the stupid clowns who who think that because we are local champions of our wretched fellow citizens, the entire world must bow to us in the same manner that those who we have made poor in our country do?

Did you see what happened to Dangote, compared to an ordinary French citizen for visas to African countries? Read and reflect on it, to make necessary changes in how you work for your country to be better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by DeepSight(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25
anonimi:

I have not defended or justified anything.

I have only stated facts as I see it.

Are we privileged, black elites not the stupid clowns who who think that because we are local champions of our wretched fellow citizens, the entire world must bow to us in the same manner that those who we have made poor in our country do?

Did you see what happened to Dangote, compared to an ordinary French citizen for visas to African countries? Read and reflect on it, to make necessary changes in how you work for your country to be better.

Its not that I dont agree that we must work on our country to be better. But every country in the world has challenges. And if your criteria is that the country is poor, surely you must agree that an Ngozi Okonjo Iweala should be denied a visa to Europe after she has retired. And I pick her and Amina Mohammed as examples because they are diplomats too.

What will you say if you hear that either of them was denied a visa in future because it was felt they will run away?

Come on bro, its absurd.

If you keep up this line of thinking you will say its okay to deny even the best professionals/ captains of industry/ brightest students/ retired diplomats etc visas since they come from a poor country.

The logical conclusion of what you are saying is simply that no one from a poor country should be allowed to visit a rich country.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by omoadeleye(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25
manmade:
The way a clothes seller arranges his wares in the market determines the value potential buyers will place on them. Nigeria used to be the darling of the Western world and some developed countries in the 1970s and early 1980s. Countries like Malaysia, the UAE (especially Dubai), Singapore, and the USA treated Nigerian citizens with respect and dignity. I have a video on my phone showing a king from the western region of Nigeria being carried shoulder-high by a group of well-dressed and immaculate young white men as a sign of honor. At that time, the naira was stronger than the dollar. Everything about the country was rosy and fantastic: free education, both local and international scholarships, free meals, and whole chickens for university students. The reduction in the size of the chicken even led to the notorious "Ali Must Go" riot at one of the universities in the western region.

Back then, no one was considering emigrating (japalism). When our citizens graduated from foreign universities, they rushed home to take their rightful places in the ministries or private sectors as proud employees. But where are all these things now? They have been destroyed due to economic mismanagement, government greed, corruption, tribalism, and nepotism. And who is responsible for all this? The same set of people who have enough resources to book the next flight for their families if anything goes wrong.

So what do you have to say about those doing drugs and doing cultism in abroad?

Because, our government then only buy properties in abroad.
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by NothingDoMe: 7:19pm On Jun 25
This Bolale too fine. What are guys waiting for na? Make una wife this chick! Which kain wahala be this? 🫤
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:41pm On Jun 25
nmillions of Nigerians easily get Schenghen visa with no problems whatsoever, if your father was denied a visa then go ask the proper questions... aka what did your father do that will have the Austrian gov deny him a visa?!
Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by amaniluka(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25
davades:
That bad...check ur dad's history while he's the ambassador to Austria
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Ayoola Olukanni: Former Nigerian Ambassador To Austria Denied Visa To Austria by anonimi: 8:00pm On Jun 25
DeepSight:
Its not that I dont agree that we must work on our country to be better. But every country in the world has challenges. And if your criteria is that the country is poor, surely you must agree that an Ngozi Okonjo Iweala should be denied a visa to Europe after she has retired. And I pick her and Amina Mohammed as examples because they are diplomats too.

What will you say if you hear that either of them was denied a visa in future because it was felt they will run away?

Come on bro, its absurd.

If you keep up this line of thinking you will say its okay to deny even the best professionals/ captains of industry/ brightest students/ retired diplomats etc visas since they come from a poor country.

The logical conclusion of what you are saying is simply that no one from a poor country should be allowed to visit a rich country.

That is your conclusion, which has absolutely nothing to do with all that I have written on this subject. If you know that it does, then please point out the exact words I wrote from which you drew your conclusion.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Lady Leaped Into A River From A Speeding Boat In Lagos / The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! / Bridge Collapses On Enugu - Port Harcourt Express Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.