Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,411 members, 7,985,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 26 October 2024 at 12:46 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 (70728 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by omomayelakesi: 6:04pm On Oct 06
Please check your spam box. For some unknown reason nairaland emails lands in the spam box. I just sent you another one.
vickysunmomi:

I did not receive your message. But yeah, you can.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rolexxxy(f): 6:24pm On Oct 06
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Spring admission in the USA starts from January or February, and can last up to May (last time to resume). Your School's International Student Admissions Office will keep to their word , therefore, expect your Form-I20 before then or a little bit later. They have thousands of international students files to compile and dispatch I 20s to.

2. For the fact that you have been invited to the "Virtual Tour" should give you a positive vibes, because , they want all their admitted international students (from Nigeria , China, India, Ghana, UK, etc) to have the experience of how their host-institution looks like, while they are preparing for resumption at home.

3. You have received an admission decision already (indirectly , with the virtual tour invite) , the question you are supposed to ask is that " will you be able to receive your Form -I20 before the virtual tour take-off ? The answer is yes , if you can email your admission counselor (not the admissions office), the delays and long waiting periods in processing the F1 VISA from Nigeria. Your assigned admission counselor /coordinator can hasten the release of your Form I-20 before then. If otherwise, you don't have to worry. You will eventually meet up with VISA appointment dates .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Great solace found my heart for your response. Thank you very much OyoTunjiUSA. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Adaobiiiii: 6:27pm On Oct 06
sunnnnnnnnnnny:
Please help. My pre-approval request got rejected, does anyone know why? I am applying for an F1 visa and I am trying to schedule an interview on the new site. My school starts in January and I'm yet to schedule a Visa appointment. If anyone knows why the pre-approval request was denied please help me.
Thanks you in advance

I may not have an idea why it was rejected, but did you upload your i20 the first time before you submitted? I don\t know how true it is, but some say that one has to fill their DS160 and submit it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Adaobiiiii: 6:35pm On Oct 06
[quote author=Nathan89 post=132219136]Mine aswell. I had to resubmit for approval but made the mistake of choosing Lagos again SMDH!!!!

Pls how long did it take them to respond to you from the day of "preapproval request is still processed". I submitted since Monday 30th Sept but I haven't heard from them. And I submitted my preapproval information without uploading my I20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Adaobiiiii: 6:38pm On Oct 06
deees:

It happened to me too and I choose Lagos again too. I think it is the smart thing to do. I think so because the confirmation for visa application has not changed and it should be the criteria to choose location though I can't remember if I inputted the application number before paying for the visa fee. I hope they act on this time though.

Pls how long did it take them to respond to you from the day of "preapproval request is still processed". I submitted since Monday 30th Sept but I haven't heard from them. And I submitted my preapproval information without uploading my I20? Pls will not submitting DS160 cause them to reject the approval?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Adaobiiiii: 6:42pm On Oct 06
deees:

I just discovered it doesn't matter actually. The AVITS website has been upgraded now and it has a functional FAQ now. One can schedule an interview anywhere as long as you print the confirmation page. The email US Embassy sent me was so cryptic, no explanation was given for the rejection, they then said if the pre-approval request is accepted go and schedule interview. I sha believe this phase will pass this week.

Greetings to you. Pls how far? Have they approved you now? Pls how long did it take them to respond to you from the day of "preapproval request is still processed". I submitted since Monday 30th Sept but I haven't heard from them. And I submitted my preapproval information without uploading my I20? I just wish that they say something to me asap.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by kinge345: 8:37pm On Oct 06
Hello house ! Hope we all okay.

Please I need to hear from someone who has been able to ace through their visa interview with help of the mpower loan please, thanks πŸ™πŸΌ
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06
kinge345:

Please I need to hear from someone who has been able to ace through their visa interview with help of the mpower loan. And please I do understand that you chances going on with mpower loan or any loans are slimmer to none so please I don't really need to hear "its not going happen" advice/reply, I only need successful encounters please, thanks πŸ™πŸΌ

--
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:19am On Oct 07
kinge345:

Please I need to hear from someone who has been able to ace through their visa interview with help of the mpower loan please, thanks πŸ™πŸΌ

🀠

Your question is incomplete, but i will answer based on my empirical experiences .

1. The major and only fear of the USA consular is that of " How are you going to repay the loan ? " If you are on Phd, with part- fundings and guaranteed assistantships (must show correspondence evidences to the consular), and especially, if you are an outstanding scholar, then having your F1- VISA is guaranteed (if you have satisfied other requirements).

2. If you are going for MSc or STEM-MBA, with little or no fundings, and you need to show availability of funds , yes MPOWER loan can do the magic, if you have been working with a reputable company, and have entered into Training-Bond with such a company , thus guaranteeing your returning back to work for the agreed periods with your company. You must be prepared to show paper evidences of your bond, work IDs and employment papers etc to the consular.

3. If you are a Bsc or MSc VISA applicant, and your parents or guardian have agreed the MPOWER loan bail out with you, then, they will have to show the availability of a property (ies) or treasure (s) they have put on sale or they will put in the market for sell in order to offset the loan.

PS: Those are the MPOWER loan instances i have experienced, and they all yielded the VISA results. Loan repayment is the greatest enemy of MPOWER, so if you can prove the present or future availability, yes you are good to go.

πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by onomeb2k: 7:27am On Oct 07
Blackfinegirl:

They finally received my payment last night, i uploaded my i20 last night and just picked a date this morning

did you receive and email? or you saw it when you logged in
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Direction16: 9:58am On Oct 07
Good day guys, I've been following this thread since it was at page 25, thanks for all the info put on here, helps a ton. I've a BSc in Physics, looking to further in Engineering for my masters program. Researched a ton of schools and cold mailed either Graduate program coordinator or Professor to inquire if my BSc background is acceptable and if assistantships as funding are available in the dept, got replies from just 5, and only 3 answered Yes to both my inquiries, that assistantship is a chance available to MSc applicants who complete their applications way before the deadline, but its not a guarantee.

My question here is, do I go ahead and apply, with the hope if I get accepted, I can then try to secure an assistantship position OR is it ever possible to secure an assistantship before application? All graduate advisors replied me to mail some professors about my research interest which aligns with their work, and did, but got no reply, I did couple weeks and months back as Fall term began last month, Sept, so I mailed them towards the end of the Summer term, no reply, so I'll appreciate any response on here to go ahead. Thanks guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:00am On Oct 07
Direction16:
Good day guys, I've been following this thread since it was at page 25, thanks for all the info put on here, helps a ton. I've a BSc in Physics, looking to further in Engineering for my masters program. Researched a ton of schools and cold mailed either Graduate program coordinator or Professor to inquire if my BSc background is acceptable and if assistantships as funding are available in the dept, got replies from just 5, and only 3 answered Yes to both my inquiries, that assistantship is a chance available to MSc applicants who complete their applications way before the deadline, but its not a guarantee.

My question here is, do I go ahead and apply, with the hope if I get accepted, I can then try to secure an assistantship position OR is it ever possible to secure an assistantship before application? All graduate advisors replied me to mail some professors about my research interest which aligns with their work, and did, but got no reply, I did couple weeks and months back as Fall term began last month, Sept, so I mailed them towards the end of the Summer term, no reply, so I'll appreciate any response on here to go ahead. Thanks guys

🀠

* The summary of your question is ; " I am a billionaire, and will that beautiful lady accept my marriage proposal, without seeing me physically, but i shall visit her family for introduction afterwards ?

1. University Professors are listed as some of the busiest personalities, and the major mode of reaching out to them (especially in western countries) is through e-mail , therefore, they receive lots of emails every day. * An active University professor can have as many as one hundred (100) unread e-mails per day, and if you do not know how to paraphrase your e-mail subject, most professors will leave your message unread. University Professors are also the target of fraudsters and student gangsterism, especially in the USA, Canada, Australia and the UK, hence, majority of emails goes to their spam mail, and if your message is not catchy, they won't even open it.

2. It is not possible to secure an assistantship before application, even, if you have broken Guinness Book of Records in academia, you still have to send in your applications, rΓ©sumΓ©s, recommendations, SOP and others. Go ahead and apply with the positive mien, and use all the application resources at your disposal.

PS: When messaging professors/departments, you don't write about your wants (fundings) alone, you also must write and elaborate on your available skills and academic abilities, as well as your work-related experiences.

πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by jackiz: 11:24am On Oct 07
OyoTunjiUSA:

Please I need your recommendation and input on my experience.

I and two of my dependents (F2) applied and went for for F-1 interview September 24th, 2024 and we were denied. This is the transcript...

VO; Good morning

Me; Good morning sir

VO; Can I have your Passports and 1-20?

Me; Here it is

VO; Where in the US are you going to?

Me; I hesistated for few seconds (I always upset with my 5years who tried to make 'trouble' with his 9yrs old brother, shortly before i was called) then i responded.....'I am going to Harper College, located in 1200 W Algonquin Road, Ilinois, Chicago.

VO; There was a long pause and then gave me a look... as if he was expecting me to continue talking and when i tried to speak, he then asked, ' Who is sponsoring your study?

Me; My brother In-law
VO; How long is your program?
Me; Two years
VO; Will he alone be sponsoring for the entire study?
Me; Yes
VO; What is your marital status?
Me; I am a widow. My husband died shortly after he returned from th US Exchange program, last year
VO; Do you have a siblings in the US?
Me; Yes I do
VO; What does your sister do (She is a Citizen)?
Me; She is a Nurse
VO; Does your brother Inalw and sister live in the same state?
Me; No. My brother Inlaw resides in Sacramento, California, while my sister lives in Ilinois.
VO; Who do you have back here in Nigeria?
Me; My Mum, sister and inlaws

VO; I am sorry, I cannot approve your visa at this time

NOTE.... We have been visiting the US and have returned as and when due.

1. Apart from the hesitation in my response to the first question he asked, what else did i do wrong?

2. I have notified the school to update my I-20 as I will no longer be going with my kids and I will now attach my statement of account to backup
3. Please, How soon can I apply (I was supposed to resume May,2024 but couldnt get an appointment earlier even after requesting for and emergency appointment)?. I am supposed to resume January (Spring Semester).
4. Do I wait for the I-20 to be updated and sent before applying or I can go ahead with what I have (my dependents reflecting..)?

Please, I need your counsel. Thanks
🀠

Your question is incomplete, but i will answer based on my empirical experiences .

1. The major and only fear of the USA consular is that of " How are you going to repay the loan ? " If you are on Phd, with part- fundings and guaranteed assistantships (must show correspondence evidences to the consular), and especially, if you are an outstanding scholar, then having your F1- VISA is guaranteed (if you have satisfied other requirements).

2. If you are going for MSc or STEM-MBA, with little or no fundings, and you need to show availability of funds , yes MPOWER loan can do the magic, if you have been working with a reputable company, and have entered into Training-Bond with such a company , thus guaranteeing your returning back to work for the agreed periods with your company. You must be prepared to show paper evidences of your bond, work IDs and employment papers etc to the consular.

3. If you are a Bsc or MSc VISA applicant, and your parents or guardian have agreed the MPOWER loan bail out with you, then, they will have to show the availability of a property (ies) or treasure (s) they have put on sale or they will put in the market for sell in order to offset the loan.

PS: Those are the MPOWER loan instances i have experienced, and they all yielded the VISA results. Loan repayment is the greatest enemy of MPOWER, so if you can prove the present or future availability, yes you are good to go.

πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:55am On Oct 07
onomeb2k:

did you receive and email? or you saw it when you logged in

When i logged in
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:55am On Oct 07
jackiz:

Hey 🀠

1. You do not have to drop your kids, or you can drop the 9 yr old and re-apply with the little one, if that is your decision. You may as well apply alone.

2. Your application obviously looks complicated , and it needs thorough investigation, before i can give my best of opinions, because it looks like your whole family lives in America , and they want to bring you in.

3. Nonetheless, a friendly consular can use a prerogative -of consideration (this is my personal term, not USA visa term or rule), based on the ground of, you being a young widow to grant your VISA, but you must qualify for that particular VISA, even if you have other intentions.

4. Re- apply to a University (MSc/PhD), or STEM-MBA etc in a good SEVP approved institution, and work on your present personality and work-related experiences in Nigeria. Your previous application was done in a haste, and with clear evidences of immigrant intent.

PS: I do hope other experienced Nairalanders give further opinions.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by jackiz: 12:16pm On Oct 07
OyoTunjiUSA:

Thank you for responding.

1. They are inseparable and with this new development, my brother inlaw is saying its either I leave them here in Nigeria while I come and study and since they have Visitors visa, they can visit during their holidays. (The thought of having to leave them alone is killing me talk less....They are all I have left.

2. No just my older brother and sister and they have legal stay (one is a citizen and the other PR ), then my late husbands elder brother
3. I have a Masters already in Business Admin., I am applying for an Associate Degree in Health Science. (I am going into a different field). I had gone for a short course in Canada in Health field and there my interest in Health grew.....The change in Country of study (From Canada now to US) is because i have more support system there (someone to care for the kids while i go to school).

We have been travelling for so many years and have NEVER broken our B1/B2 visa rule/condition. If we had the intention of running away, we would have done that long ago or even now with our present Visitors visa.

Hey 🀠

1. You do not have to drop your kids, or you can drop the 9 yr old and re-apply with the little one (i have reason for this).

2. Your application obviously looks complicated , and it needs thorough investigation, before i can give my best of opinions, because it looks like your whole family lives in America , and they want to bring you in.

3. Nonetheless, a friendly consular can use a prerogative -of consideration, based on the ground of, you being a young widow to grant your VISA, but you must qualify for that particular VISA, even if you have other intentions.

4. Re- apply to a University (MSc/PhD), or STEM-MBA etc in a good SEVP approved institution, and work on your present personality and work-related experiences in Nigeria. Your previous application was done in a haste, and with evidences of immigrant intent.

PS: I do hope other experienced Nairalanders give further opinions.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by deees(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07
Adaobiiiii:

Greetings to you. Pls how far? Have they approved you now? Pls how long did it take them to respond to you from the day of "preapproval request is still processed". I submitted since Monday 30th Sept but I haven't heard from them. And I submitted my preapproval information without uploading my I20? I just wish that they say something to me asap.
Not yet o. They said the pre-approval rejection was for visa waiver (which I never applied for in the first instance) but the payment is intact that they will give me a date as soon as they can.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07
[quote author=jackiz post=132324357][/quote]

🀠

1. Your kids have B2 VISAS before , so they can go to America on holidays whenever they want, so why do you think dropping them will improve your next VISA application for F1? Your kids actually qualified for the F2 VISAS, but your lack of qualification, as the principal applicant disqualified them. You can still go ahead with your decision anyway.

2. Just your older brother , and sister and they have legal stays. One a citizen, one a PR, Are they not your family ? You have been traveling for so many years on B1/B2 , and who have you been visiting ? Then your late husband 's elder brother in the USA , all these people are your family presently living in America.. Therefore , you have stronger connections in the US, and your years of visiting might have spring up the idea of applying into a school , knowing well that changing status from F1 VISA is easier.

3. Why did your interest in Health Field started all of a sudden from Canada ? Okay, why did you not at least started from a Canadian college ? Those who want to support your kids in the US while you are attending schools , don't they have work ? And if you really want to break into the health/medical jobs in the USA, do you think applying for a college Associate Degree is the best starting point ?

* We have been travelling for so many years and have NEVER broken our B1/B2 visa rule/condition. If we had the intention of running away, we would have done that long ago or even now with our present Visitors visa.

4. How did you know you have not broken your B1/B2 VISA rules ? Okay, let's assume you had clean sheet, why did the USA consular not grant your F1/F2 visas based on your clean sheet ?

PS: I deliberately knock off your excuses , which are irrelevant to the USA consulars, and making it clearer to you that you did not act your first drama very well.. Your probability of securing the F1 VISA if you return to the embassy with that same school and same drama scripts is 15/100% .

PS: If you have a very clean records of B1/B2, then you can actually change status to F1 while in the USA, If you had planned it well.

PS: You should have even started from shorter health-care programs in the US (3-4 wks) with your B1/B2, instead of the Canada version which looks like a trick or deceit for future excuse.

πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by jackiz: 2:26pm On Oct 07
OyoTunjiUSA:

I am not giving excuses but a little history/background from where I am coming from

1. My study in Canada/health is not sudden and was in 2022 and I returned early 2023. The question, 'Why Not Canada is because I do not have a support system for my kids over there, as my original intent was to go with them. That was why I applied to the US.

2. When I said we kept to the conditions of our visitors visa, I mean it, to the best of my knowledge....because I renewed mine this year, so did my older son and if there was any issue, it wouldnt have been approved.

3. Apart from my hesitation, i felt another reason may have been due to insufficient ties back here.

4. You assumed my 'whole family is in the US', that was why I responded by saying Not All but just my brother and sister (I have other ones that are not in the US).
5. When I said, I have greater support system, I meant Nigerian grandma's based there, to care for them, while I have to study.

6. Remember, I mentioned I am coming from a commercial background. The Associate program will help me take pre-requisite courses ( Chemistry, Physics etc). The Associate program is a transition course ni that reduces duration of program (in my case Health), unlike here in Nigeria where I'll spend nothing less than 4/5years...

Thanks Once Again.
🀠

1. Your kids have B2 VISAS before , so they can go to America on holidays whenever they want, so why do you think dropping them will improve your next VISA application for F1? Your kids actually qualified for the F2 VISAS, but your lack of qualification, as the principal applicant disqualified them. You can still go ahead with your decision anyway.

2. Just your older brother , and sister and they have legal stays. One a citizen, one a PR, Are they not your family ? You have been traveling for so many years on B1/B2 , and who have you been visiting ? Then your late husband 's elder brother in the USA , all these people are your family presently living in America.. Therefore , you have stronger connections in the US, and your years of visiting might have spring up the idea of applying into a school , knowing well that changing status from F1 VISA is easier.

3. Why did your interest in Health Field started all of a sudden from Canada ? Okay, why did you not at least started from a Canadian college ? Those who want to support your kids in the US while you are attending schools , don't they have work ? And if you really want to break into the health/medical jobs in the USA, do you think applying for a college Associate Degree is the best starting point ?

* We have been travelling for so many years and have NEVER broken our B1/B2 visa rule/condition. If we had the intention of running away, we would have done that long ago or even now with our present Visitors visa.

4. How did you know you have not broken your B1/B2 VISA rules ? Okay, let's assume you had clean sheet, why did the USA consular not grant your F1/F2 visas based on your clean sheet ?

PS: I deliberately knock off your excuses , which are irrelevant to the USA consulars, and making it clearer to you that you did not act your first drama very well.. Your probability of securing the F1 VISA if you return to the embassy with that same school and same drama scripts is 15/100% .

PS: If you have a very clean records of B1/B2, then you can actually change status to F1 while in the USA, If you had planned it well.

PS: You should have even started from shorter health-care programs in the US (3-4 wks) with your B1/B2, instead of the Canada version which looks like a trick or deceit for future excuse.

πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by JohnZak: 2:47pm On Oct 07
[quote author=jackiz post=132324357][/quote]

@jackiz My two cents: Your background, wittingly or unwittingly, suggests a strong immigration intent. You are traveling with your two kids and all three of you will be solely sponsored by your brother-in-law. There is frankly nothing in Nigeria that will compel you to come back.

Additionally, you are going for an associates degree in health science. This degree will likely not be a terminal degree for you as most people do not change fields just to get an associates degree. The VO is probably thinking that you will want to get a bachelor's degree in the same field or some other allied health filed like nursing. This will cost money, prolong your stay in the U.S., and it is unclear who will pay for this.

Lastly, the odds of getting an F1 visa for an associates degree from Nigeria are slim. I saw a guy get his F1 for a community college when I renewed in Canada but after a lot of questioning. In his case, he was a Canadian citizen and going to community college on a football scholarship.

Think about how to minimize your perceived immigration intent in the eyes of the VO. This might be difficult though because you do not want to leave your kids in Nigeria. Good luck in your future application

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07
[quote author=jackiz post=132325843][/quote]

🀠

1. You are defending yourself, and parrying my punches, which literally means , you have decided to pursue your mindset , you only came on Nairaland to hold unto any sweet points, but you cannot get such from me, nor any other experienced person.

2. Another experienced Nairalander has responded to you (with the same truth) above. Let's see how many boxers you can individually knock out 😊 Good luck with another donation of MRV, with a souvenir of corrupt DS-160s, being kept at the US embassy for future reference. I am out of this trailer.

πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by RealTrump: 3:04pm On Oct 07
[quote author=jackiz post=132325843][/quote]

If I may weigh in, your application has a strong immigrant intent.

At this point, it's kind of rule of thumb that they won't take your application seriously with these associate degrees. Why not masters. This begs d question if u are a genuine student.

Secondly, the financial aspect is really sketchy. The VO might wonder if you can truly commit d $2000 or more for nanny per month for 2 kids. This begs d question if u can sponsor urself or even understand d financial realities.

Lastly, there isn't any real home-ties. That's all your immediate family at d embassy.

Since you already have a visa, why not convert it over there? Seems it's possible, do your research.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Internationalmu: 4:42pm On Oct 07
Has anyone here being placed on admin processing to submit additional documemy. How long did it take?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by jackiz: 4:46pm On Oct 07
JohnZak:

Thank you very much for your observations and prayers.

@jackiz My two cents: Your background, wittingly or unwittingly, suggests a strong immigration intent. You are traveling with your two kids and all three of you will be solely sponsored by your brother-in-law. There is frankly nothing in Nigeria that will compel you to come back.

Additionally, you are going for an associates degree in health science. This degree will likely not be a terminal degree for you as most people do not change fields just to get an associates degree. The VO is probably thinking that you will want to get a bachelor's degree in the same field or some other allied health filed like nursing. This will cost money, prolong your stay in the U.S., and it is unclear who will pay for this.

Lastly, the odds of getting an F1 visa for an associates degree from Nigeria are slim. I saw a guy get his F1 for a community college when I renewed in Canada but after a lot of questioning. In his case, he was a Canadian citizen and going to community college on a football scholarship.

Think about how to minimize your perceived immigration intent in the eyes of the VO. This might be difficult though because you do not want to leave your kids in Nigeria. Good luck in your future application

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by jackiz: 4:51pm On Oct 07
RealTrump:

kindly refer to my earlier post as to your question, 'why Not Masters'? Who made mention of paying Nanny?
Thank you on your suggestion of exploring the conversion route (if possible)

If I may weigh in, your application has a strong immigrant intent.

At this point, it's kind of rule of thumb that they won't take your application seriously with these associate degrees. Why not masters. This begs d question if u are a genuine student.

Secondly, the financial aspect is really sketchy. The VO might wonder if you can truly commit d $2000 or more for nanny per month for 2 kids. This begs d question if u can sponsor urself or even understand d financial realities.

Lastly, there isn't any real home-ties. That's all your immediate family at d embassy.

Since you already have a visa, why not convert it over there? Seems it's possible, do your research.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07
Internationalmu:
Has anyone here being placed on admin processing to submit additional documemy. How long did it take?

🀠

1. You have 12 - months to respond to the embassy demands, in which, they will throw away your VISA application into the trash can, if you failed to respond.

2. If you have responded within the stated period, and have supplied the embassy with their demands, then, you have to wait till after 90 -days (Lagos post) before you can contact the US embassy about the update. For Abuja location (post), you must wait till after 60- days before you reach out to the embassy for the update.

PS: Your VISA decision can arrive in the next few hours or next week, etc , but you must not contact the embassy after submitting the required demands, until the aforementioned periods, respectively.

πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by jackiz: 5:33pm On Oct 07
OyoTunjiUSA:

I never knew this platform was a 'boxing ring' and you seem to be in a bad mood Bro.. Please, don't transfer your aggression/frustrations, I come in peace.

Thanks to JohnZak and RealTrump, who honestly addressed and made suggestions. All you did to my concern and questions that were asked was concern your self with stories surrounding B1/B2, family, Canada without addressing why you feel I am not qualified for F1 (Why?? Was it because of my interview hesitation, ties? My transition into health field that does not qualify me and can it be improved upon? ). It will shock you to note that It is not every Nigerian that's interested in 'japaing'.

In all, remember, Only God Has the final say!

🀠

1. You are defending yourself, and parrying my punches, which literally means , you have decided to pursue your mindset , you only came on Nairaland to hold unto any sweet points, but you cannot get such from me, nor any other experienced person.

2. Another experienced Nairalander has responded to you (with the same truth) above. Let's see how many boxers you can individually knock out 😊 Good luck with another donation of MRV, with a souvenir of corrupt DS-160s, being kept at the US embassy for future reference. I am out of this trailer.

πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 5:48pm On Oct 07
[quote author=jackiz post=132328311][/quote]

🀠

1. illiterate like you will never grabs the figure of speeches. I will always exposed inexperienced travel agents, who want to push VISA applicants into pit all b/cos of your own charges./b]

I hope those family find a reputable person to handle their VISA procedure.

For your information, you have a record of corrupt DS-160 at the USA embassy already.

[b]You are like a local auto mechanic, who is driving a multi-mllion naira Rolls-Royce very roughly in a rugged terrain.😊

PS: God said it in the Bible, come, let us reason together. If you pray till tomorrow without reasoning & planning, the well-experienced USA consulars will keep denying your VISAS. They read the Holy Bible and Al Qur'an more than you do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by darwintee: 6:19pm On Oct 07
AdisaMighty:
We are having the same problem. Any solution yet?

I've not found a solution. What about you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Imperial22: 7:32pm On Oct 07
Hello everyone, nice to join the group. I have my B.Eng in EE (1.6 CGPA) and I’m looking to apply for my MSC in EE in the US for Jan or Aug intake next year. I’m looking for recommendations for any schools that will accept my cgpa and possibly that offers free application fees. I’ll welcome any suggestions necessary.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Vanjori: 7:36pm On Oct 07
To be honest my brother, I don't know of any US university that will accept you with this CGPA. I will advice you go for a bachelor degree or go for any other alternative route to the US

Imperial22:
Hello everyone, nice to join the group. I have my B.Eng in EE (1.6 CGPA) and I’m looking to apply for my MSC in EE in the US for Jan or Aug intake next year. I’m looking for recommendations for any schools that will accept my cgpa and possibly that offers free application fees. I’ll welcome any suggestions necessary.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Direction16: 7:50pm On Oct 07
Good day chief and thank you for the reply. Nowhere in my initial question did I state that I only inquire about funding. After introduction on the 1st paragraph, I have 2 short paragraphs explaining about work experiences gathered during an internship and my service year. My inquiry about funding is in conclusion and its a "one sentence inquiry". From your 1st statement, I'll go ahead and start application for 2-3 schools. Thanks once again.
OyoTunjiUSA:

🀠

* The summary of your question is ; " I am a billionaire, and will that beautiful lady accept my marriage proposal, without seeing me physically, but i shall visit her family for introduction afterwards ?

1. University Professors are listed as some of the busiest personalities, and the major mode of reaching out to them (especially in western countries) is through e-mail , therefore, they receive lots of emails every day. * An active University professor can have as many as one hundred (100) unread e-mails per day, and if you do not know how to paraphrase your e-mail subject, most professors will leave your message unread. University Professors are also the target of fraudsters and student gangsterism, especially in the USA, Canada, Australia and the UK, hence, majority of emails goes to their spam mail, and if your message is not catchy, they won't even open it.

2. It is not possible to secure an assistantship before application, even, if you have broken Guinness Book of Records in academia, you still have to send in your applications, rΓ©sumΓ©s, recommendations, SOP and others. Go ahead and apply with the positive mien, and use all the application resources at your disposal.

PS: When messaging professors/departments, you don't write about your wants (fundings) alone, you also must write and elaborate on your available skills and academic abilities, as well as your work-related experiences.

πŸ™

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (75) (Reply)

Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / Warri Wonder: Waste Disposal Vehicle Spotted In Warri Today / Outrage As Police Vehicle Runs Over Handcuffed Man In Edo (Pic)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.