Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,130 members, 7,887,264 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:16 AM

Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly (21083 Views)

Dr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Visits Mallam Nasir El-Rufai (Photos & Video) / Contractors Worked Overtime To Complete Road Leading To Buhari's Kaduna House / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by naptu2: 11:42am On Jun 26
Muyiwa Adekeye is Mallam El-Rufai's spokesman.

Muyiwa Adekeye @MuyiwaAdekeye

Malam Nasir El-Rufai files fundamental rights enforcement case in Kaduna

Malam Nasir @elrufai was at the Federal High Court, Kaduna, today to sign the affidavit supporting his fundamental rights enforcement case against the Kaduna State House of Assembly and the Kaduna State Government.

His lawyer, AU Mustapha SAN, said that El-Rufai approached the court as a Nigerian citizen who is entitled to be given a fair hearing before his rights can be determined by a quasi-judicial or investigative body or courts in line with the provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) and the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights.
ย 
El-Rufai also asked the court to declare that by the provisions of Section 36 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999, the Report of the Ad-Hoc Committee on Investigation of Loans, Financial Transactions, Contractual Liabilities and Other Related Matters of the Government of Kaduna State from 29 May 2015 to 29 May 2023, as ratified by the Kaduna State House of Assembly, is unconstitutional and therefore null and void for violating his right to fair hearing as guaranteed under the Constitution.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by naptu2: 11:42am On Jun 26
Bashir El-Rufai @BashirElRufai

Mallam Nasir El-Rufai filed a lawsuit against the Kaduna State House of Assembly today for Defamation of his Character, amongst other spurious, unfounded allegations levelled against his person.

I advise they start compiling legal fees to defend their lies in court.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by naptu2: 11:43am On Jun 26
Imran Muhammad @ImranMuhdz

The former Kaduna Governor, Malam Nasir El-Rufai, was present at the Federal High Court in Kaduna today to formally endorse the affidavit in support of his legal action to protect his fundamental rights against the Kaduna State House of Assembly and the Kaduna State Government.

The former governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has initiated legal proceedings against the Kaduna State House of Assembly following their claims that his administration, which lasted eight years, allegedly misappropriated โ‚ฆ432 billion, leading to significant financial liabilities for the state.

On Wednesday, El-Rufai brought a legal action for the protection of his fundamental rights to the Federal High Court in Kaduna, against the state House of Assembly.

The legal case, initiated by former governor's attorney Abdulhakeem Mustapha, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, disputed the findings of the Kaduna Assembly Committee that accused El-Rufai of corruption allegations.

The ex-governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has taken legal action against the Kaduna State House of Assembly in response to their assertion that his administration, spanning eight years, is accused of diverting โ‚ฆ432 billion, resulting in substantial debt obligations for the state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by jericco1(m): 11:51am On Jun 26
Lol
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by psychologist(m): 11:51am On Jun 26
Nothing to see here

Dog eat dog

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by atobs4real(m): 11:51am On Jun 26
Family affairs

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by YeyeGbami: 11:52am On Jun 26
The matter go long

43 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Freelancer007(m): 11:52am On Jun 26
Lols
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Gertyman: 11:52am On Jun 26
Naso he dey be na. After people loose power. Na to dey claim fundamental human right.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by 99thEnemy(m): 11:52am On Jun 26
grin
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by ChatterHouse: 11:52am On Jun 26
cheesy
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Olatundex22(m): 11:52am On Jun 26
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ before judiciary is for people to ask for justice but now judiciary is to prevent justice if you get money . Imagining someone beat you for nothing and still first go to court that I beat that boy and I donโ€™t want him to beat me back for beating him๐Ÿง๐Ÿง๐Ÿง thatโ€™s is what Nigeria judiciary is all about now
YOU SEE THAT 1999 OBASANJO CONSTITUTION IS FRAUDULENT THEY MADE IT IN WAYS THAT SHE CAN LOCK ๐Ÿ” YOU AND STILL UNLOCKED ๐Ÿ”“ YOU SAME TIME

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Deeprooted: 11:52am On Jun 26
angry
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Bobotic(m): 11:53am On Jun 26
My next move is "UNKNOWN"

6 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by franchasofficia: 11:53am On Jun 26
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Kennyfancy(m): 11:55am On Jun 26
The same man he help put as Governor is the same man fighting him, Although am not supporting GOD Fatherism but one thing i notice is Africa Will always betray you when they get to the top

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Gondonu: 11:55am On Jun 26
Political power is transient o
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Babangidapikin: 11:55am On Jun 26
grin Havard Law Degree won't go to waste.

3 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by dsocioemmy(m): 11:56am On Jun 26
So this man knows what fundamental human rights are. Thats interesting

15 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by tofolo(m): 11:56am On Jun 26
naptu2:
Muyiwa Adekeye is Mallam El-Rufai's spokesman.

Muyiwa Adekeye @MuyiwaAdekeye

game of thrones.

1 Like

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by nairavsdollars(f): 11:56am On Jun 26
Why is he running helter-skelter?

7 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by qtx(m): 11:57am On Jun 26
Oga Rufai is ready to use out of the N400b to fight back. Just pray BAT my boi is not interested in your case, otherwise both you , your case and even your SAN will be in deep shit. As far as i know the president is the court in this country. I wont talk more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by ebuk4real(m): 11:57am On Jun 26

Nigeria & Nigerians are really used to play ping pong by these politicians. One assuring thing is that there day of reckoning is near..
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Fiscus105(m): 11:58am On Jun 26
El Rufai thinks this is Jonathan govt, the government he said all sorts of nonsense and propaganda until the govt pulled down.

Tinubu would uproot if not bury you completely for him to have his ways.

4 Likes

Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by Falseprofet2: 11:59am On Jun 26
grin is he also suing the newspaper for his house in Dubai?
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by WantsandMore: 11:59am On Jun 26
Haha...Baba don humble. EL Rufai underestimated UBA SANI, When I saw UBA Sani's name in Tinubu's Democracy day speech. I just said ghen ghen...in my mind
Re: Nasir El-Rufai Sues Kaduna House Of Assembly by BigkokoRep: 11:59am On Jun 26
Once you strip them off Executive Powers, you will quickly realize they're just a little higher than a ๐Ÿคก Clown!

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of President Jonathan Being Accredited In Otuoke, Bayelsa / Governor Ugwuanyi Offers Scholarship To Cynthia Chinecherem Ali With 9 A1 / Prince Odi Okojie Resigns From PDP In Edo (See Resignation Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.