Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,490 members, 7,878,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 03:19 PM

17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos (31518 Views)

You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. / How Do People Survive In Nigeria? / Europe Is Not Easy β€” Nigerian Lady Reveals The Kind Of Job She Does To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by GidibabaNet: 2:08pm On Jun 27
LAGOS EHM grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by cigaricon(m): 2:09pm On Jun 27
One thing to never do in Lagos
1. Don't relocate there.

Go there, do your business that brought you and return to your base.

Abuja is bae abeg

8 Likes

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by okomile(f): 2:11pm On Jun 27
Don't follow Lagos big ass women
Otherwise, O.Y.O.
O ti lo
grin
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Panda7(m): 2:11pm On Jun 27
My advice to sim fubara, may the power that led you to power, guard you. Its a public office not a c.e.o office.

1 Like

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by NairalandGOAT1: 2:12pm On Jun 27
That number 15 ehn.. lol

Let me add;
number 18: if you are new in Lagos you must experience the "Welcome to Lagos" effect!
Number 19: Don't use Lagos agents when looking for accommodations, go to a registered estate firm instead.

Mine was number 1
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27
Any house you rent change the locks immediately you move in

Ask questions before moving to any house

Don't tell strangers you are New in Town, strangers includes new neighbors or new co workers

Observe well

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by henrimoto(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27
.. Add this to it; when you are outside you home/house/residence , forget decorum o. You will be gentle to the gentle but be tough and rough to the rough ones.

If you allow Shame hold you for Lagos, the streets go cheat you.

Once in Lagos, go learn how to talk at the top of your voice. ( Some call it shouting).

Lagos! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Ventura1: 2:16pm On Jun 27
Meant for the desperados that enter Lagos by night bus. Some of these mentality are strange.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Urgent1Million: 2:16pm On Jun 27
It is an abomination not to get into traffic in Lagos.
Those living on the island, especially those who commuted from lekki towards chisco; how did your Tuesday evening go?

2 Likes

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by TheSuperX(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27
EKO ILE

Rugged state.
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by dododawa1: 2:20pm On Jun 27

IGBO developed LAGOS

3 Likes

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by alizma: 2:22pm On Jun 27
In addition to number 13, if person take you unaware for a handshake( it happened at times and you just realised your hand is already in his hand b4 it down on you that you are shaking a total stranger). At a time your phone is not in your hand, hold his hand tight and use the other hand to confirm and secure your phone from whichever side of your pocket you keep it, otherwise, sope oti lo, as he moves away from you, your phone moves with him.

10 Likes

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Starhearts: 2:23pm On Jun 27
Hart11:
Which number got you

No 10, 14 , 15.

Dat no 10 ehhh ..
I remember d day it happened to me at ogba area G police station πŸš‰ side.. l run enter d Station.
All d policemen on duty chase me out ..

Wen l later hear wetin dey make pple run in multitude like dat ... dem dey tell me say naa cat 🐈 dem run for?

5 Likes

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by goaldynboy: 2:24pm On Jun 27
Watinhapen:
No 6, I can relate with that. I remember when I went to write entrance exam in Uniben years back and still came back to Lagos the same day. I got to Lagos around 12 midnight, got to Cele bus stop and everywhere was dark and deserted. I had no choice than to trek the lonely road to Ago Palace. Cele was very rugged that time. Man gat to think smart quick quick. I removed my shirt and placed it on my shoulder and raised on leg of my trousers. I was walking like werey on the road without fear. Some guys even shine torch on my face, saw me and just looked away after seeing my physical appearance. They must have thought I’m homeless. That was how I walked all the way to my house o around 1am for night.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Lovelyn451(f): 2:24pm On Jun 27
All these list on top that yeye lagos wey shallow minded people full, last time I was there with my own orientation I was like king Solomon, I win arguments, fights, even my silence was golden, abegi...mumu people full there
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by rajiedreez: 2:25pm On Jun 27
Eko Akete

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:27pm On Jun 27
Eko Ile Ogbon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by abba190: 2:29pm On Jun 27
Hart11:
Which number got you
all na crap
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by viyon02: 2:31pm On Jun 27
My advice for non-lagosian staying in Lagos is this: go back to your state and go into agric and then sell the produce in Lagos I tell you' you will be millionaire in no time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Emma09(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27
Dera1000:
i came to Lagos since 2018, and my advice to newcomers is to avoid Computer Village at all cost, I repeat avoid it.
2. You can get to any destination in lagos from Oshodi, inshort if you miss road, just find a way to Oshodi
3. Lagos has many slums and ghettos, be careful when moving in those areas
4. Try and learn basic yoruba it will help a lot
5. For the men- Leave women alone, most ladies are hustlers, cost of womanizing is expensive especially if you are living in the island like me.
6. Dont insult Tinubu or Apc in an open place... to avoid wahala
I can add more but let me stop here
Wetin do Village? E be like say dem sell fufu for u abi? Village wey I dey go almost every time. Na to strong face enter there ni o and don't patronize those street niggars. Dem go Show you street if you loose guard. Lolzzzzzzzzz.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by farady(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27
Watinhapen:
No 6, I can relate with that. I remember when I went to write entrance exam in Uniben years back and still came back to Lagos the same day. I got to Lagos around 12 midnight, got to Cele bus stop and everywhere was dark and deserted. I had no choice than to trek the lonely road to Ago Palace. Cele was very rugged that time. Man gat to think smart quick quick. I removed my shirt and placed it on my shoulder and raised on leg of my trousers. I was walking like werey on the road without fear. Some guys even shine torch on my face, saw me and just looked away after seeing my physical appearance. They must have thought I’m homeless. That was how I walked all the way to my house o around 1am for night.

I don laugh tire. You've gat to blend with the area.
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Michella25: 2:37pm On Jun 27
No 2 got me sha..
Me wey sabi greet and answer greeting like Kilode..😩
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by omooba05: 2:37pm On Jun 27
When you go for shopping at a marketplace e.g Tejuosho,Ladipo, Madillas, Oshodi,Alaba , Avoid all those ibo boys most of them are thieves they dont have a business or shop.. they are there to add to your problem.. go directly to the shop where you want to buy..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by BigDawsNet: 2:39pm On Jun 27
Never take these list as a joke

Citizens of Lagos self by birth no Dey loose guard
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by mrjojo: 2:39pm On Jun 27
The way Nigerians adapt to blatantly abnormal situations, eventually accepting them as normal, should be a research topic in a well-functioning society. It's truly perplexing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Orch1981: 2:40pm On Jun 27
confydoedowaye:
1. Don't fight with a Yoruba person even if u are right. They will scream at the top of their voices so their fellow Yoruba can come and support them. Be firm but don't fight.

Very useless people that can't stand one on one and fight like a man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by rampage101(m): 2:41pm On Jun 27
prciouschika:
πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ can’t stop laughing…. All hilarious but true
please,excuse me sorry please how true please?
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Orch1981: 2:43pm On Jun 27
Ventura1:
Meant for the desperados that enter Lagos by night bus. Some of these mentality are strange.
Keep deceiving yourself what is strange?

1 Like

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Orch1981: 2:43pm On Jun 27
rampage101:

please,excuse me sorry please how true please?
All na true bro
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by MrBradshaw(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27
When you are in Lagos, Lagos is still far away
Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by Burruchaga71(m): 2:54pm On Jun 27
Do people still think of living in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: 17 Things You Must Not Do If You Want To Survive In Lagos by olasunkanmi338: 2:56pm On Jun 27
ANlOMA:
18. It is a no man's land and developed with resources of Nigeria since 1890:
So don't be afraid to look some madmen like the ones below in the eyes and tell them "Go back to Ekiti"
so, slowpoke like u hitherto, dwelling in biafaran stinks notion that Lagos is 'no man's land" without any authentic proves. Ur leaders in the 1940s tried all these shenanigans to acquire a commercial city in the western Nigeria,peopled by indigenous Yorubas stock. My question is who are the rulers of Lagos state? Is the people from biafaran lands or else where? I know someone bombastic element would mention bini that, had cultural affinities with Lagos island and some of these binis had their roots in Ile ife which is cradle of Yorubas. So, mr. foolish how do you mean that Lagos is 'no man's land. Try to learn Lagos history very well

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train / Eight Burnt To Death In Lagos-ibadan Expressway Crash / Bus Burns On Otedola Bridge In Lagos (Graphic Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.