Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) (57645 Views)

Anyone Complaining About Hardship In Nigeria Is Not Being Realistic – Isa-Onilu / Shell Petroleum Workers Protest Over Hardship In Nigeria (Pics) / Security Agents Stop Protest Against Hardship In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Newton1045: 2:59pm On Jun 27
travelzcruix:
Give them work especially the ones with two hands and legs, mobilise as many as you can, let them clear grasses, sweep parks, drain gutters, wash public toilets etc. Use the generosity of yours and pay them that way.

If u give mallam work close to ur home or business,he will build a shelter and bring one wife, then two wives. When he has gotten the number, they cause crises, kill u, and lay claim to ur land.
Avoid Igbo too, but Igbo would never kill u in ur land

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by sweerychick(f): 3:00pm On Jun 27
BewareOf419:

See that's their own way of hustle, they can beg for anything at anywhere but don't be surprise that they have millions of naira in account
I believe you in fact most of those beggars are working for some rich nothern elites and politicians that they give account of their daily begging income and they have someone (normally a woman) they give their money to who in turn gives it to the main alhaji. that's why the northern elites kicked against that almajiri schools Jonathan tried to introduce so that they can continue to blind these poor uneducated ones with religion and belief that it is Allah's will for them to be beggars and poor.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Electorate: 3:01pm On Jun 27
Melagros:

You're absolutely wrong, this is PORT HARCOURT, street begging is not peculiar to the north

Begging has been in existence since during the time of Jesus Christ on earth. Are you aware of this fact?

Oga, he is right...they are aboki beggers who travel down South to ply their trade.

Let me burst your brain, do you know begging in Nigeria is a multibillion naira industry?..8 out of 10 Nigerians are raised through Religion and Culture to have pity on the poor. Similarly, 8 out of 10 beggers are scammers who take advantage of your pity.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by travelzcruix: 3:02pm On Jun 27
Newton1045:

If u give mallam work close to ur home or business,he will build a shelter and bring one wife, then two wives. When he has gotten the number, they cause crises, kill u, and lay claim to ur land.
aboki and land, na 5 &6. They are so obsessed with people's land.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by PEXBlog(f): 3:03pm On Jun 27
Melagros:
COMRADES, please this is an appeal, whenever you see these beggars help them with the little you can, the N50, N100, we give them goes a long way in their lives

I am aware of the ongoing hardship in our land, but these are people who are incapacitated in almost all ramifications of living

Please, endeavour to do so, your pot of oil will never run dry.

MODIFIED
This is PORT HARCOURT CITY, and not a Northern part Nigeria, as some of the posters below are insinuating

God bless you for this clarion call. I feel sad most times when I pass across these set of people. They are nothing but products of religion brainwashing and bad governance. It a shame on us.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Successlane: 3:06pm On Jun 27
sharpsecret:
me too.,I can help beggars but not aboki or Yoruba Muslim beggers

So you confirm it's not only abokis and Muslims are beggars. --interesting.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Satazaa: 3:06pm On Jun 27
immortalcrown:
Give them food, not money.

Don't give them money because they are mischievous. If you offer them a job that they can do, they will run from it. If you put the kids in school, they will withdraw the kids from the school. If you give them an accommodation, they will run from it. As a matter of fact, many of them are rich. Some of them have tricycles and buses generating daily income for them through public transport business.

Even in giving them food, know your limit. Most of them purposely give birth to babies or even higher babies just to make you pity them.
absolutely correct, i actually know from personal experience that the best way to help is to actually give kids, the very elderly and even ordinary fellow citizens who are really suffering but can't resort to begging, though for the hausas its more of a culture and an ingrained way of life which absolutely has nothing to do with the islamic teachings and injunctions

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by adebowales: 3:07pm On Jun 27
ANlOMA:

Shut up with your useless lies.

How much him the beg for road to get 3 houses.

Cripple begger years ago yen yen yen

Show evidence 🧾 or get lost
lol mk I burst your brain! I run a pos business, many of these beggars come to deposit on a daily basis up to 6k

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by olawonder(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27
Shalommy:
Aboki beggars? I can't help them. undecided
Who are you?

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Emma09(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27
No single pity for them o. As dem be beggars so, dem get money o. Na dem dey Born like pigs, Pepeye and Dogs. Na dem still dey Marry 4 wives in this thier stupid conditions.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27
Shalommy:

smh….

You should be ashamed of your existence.

It’s hard to believe you still breathing.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Dpaulie(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27
Shalommy:
Help human beings not aboki
Humanity first, sister!

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Hanndye: 3:11pm On Jun 27
ANlOMA:

Come help this ones

They're littered everywhere here in Asaba.

With all the food in the North why so many beggars and hungry out of school children?

Why does the North claim to feed others why they can't even feed their kids?
Seems like just as water finds it's level, food flows to where money is.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by ogbonti: 3:13pm On Jun 27
ANlOMA:

here in California, a beggar asked me for money when I just arrived from Nigeria at a BUS stop when I was waiting for a bus and I had $20 and $1 only -- $20 to get food and $1 to put in the ticket slot in the bus. So I could not part with any - Another man gave the beggar $2, immediately the beggar rolled down his socks under his trousers - brought a wad of $$$ - in my estimation that was up to $500, he added the $2 he just collected to it, put it back in the socks, rolled it up - and went to the very next man to ask for help - of course the next man said no- we all looked at ourselves in disbelief and the man who gave that $2 to the beggar felt duped... grin as the beggar walked away grin

3 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Obaranje: 3:13pm On Jun 27
KillaBeans:
there was this crippled beggar in Ikire along Ibadan years ago, you wouldn't know that this man has three houses, even a story building and many tenants. The way I view all these beggars changed the day I found out about this man.
abeg we don too hear all these tales by moon light.

Civil servant of 35 years in service never fit build 2 rooms and parlor na come begger go come build 2 houses.

Next person please.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27
Newton1045:

Hello!

They are still the most honest and trustworthy tribe in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by ANlOMA: 3:13pm On Jun 27
ogbonti:

here in the US, a beggar asked me for money when I just arrived from Nigeria at a BUS stop when I was waiting for a bus and I had $20 and $1 only -- $20 to get food and $1 to put in the ticket slot in the bus. So I could not part with any - Another man gave the beggar $2, immediately the beggar rolled down his socks under his trousers - brought a wad of $$$ - in my estimation that was up to $500, he added the $2 he just collected to it - and went to the very next man to ask for help - of course the next man said no- we all looked at ourselves in disbelief and the man who gave that $2 to the beggar felt duped... grin

The you should start begging since you see it as lucrative

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Clean2016: 3:14pm On Jun 27
immortalcrown:

Don't give them money because they are mischievous. If you offer them a job that they can do, they will run from it. If you put the kids in school, they will withdraw the kids from the school. If you give them an accommodation, they will run from it. As a matter of fact, many of them are rich. Some of them have tricycles and buses generating daily income for them through public transport business.

Even in giving them food, know your limit. Most of them purposely give birth to babies or even higher babies just to make you pity them.

NOTHING TO ADD AGAIN. YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by bankolebank(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27
Funny enough, some of these beggers are even richer than some of us who rock good clothes, live in good houses, eat good food, etc... We are all going through one or two problems, but pride and ego won't let us jump to the street and start begging like they do! Make God just help all of us ✌️

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Hanndye: 3:19pm On Jun 27
It's a pity human beings can be in such deplorable conditions.

I also notice a well and humanly-covered gutter. That of Lagos, of late, is scary and undesirable.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by phrabz(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27
You're funny. Same way your destiny helper will not locate you.
Shalommy:

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by DiskJokeyManic: 3:20pm On Jun 27
immortalcrown:

This is one of deir broda here on Nairaland called Abba190,,,,,,, a jobless criminal and a scammer who goes about giving fake stories to defraud gullible Nairalanders😂😂😂😂😂😂

abba190:
8163623337 opay. 1k will go a long way for me have not eaten anything since yesternight. its really a rough times we r facing in this country
woojin:
I am in critical condition of poverty i need financial assistance even if its 1k. 8163623337 Opay God bless the helping hands
odenkirk:
ypu guys should help me too i have been on one square meal for morethan a week. 8163623337 Opay
depressedlad:
8163623337 Opay account name #aminu. thank you so much bro may god bless u abundantly
abba190:
i weep for Nigeria my country. problems everywhere and the leaders act like they dont care people are getting kidnapped people are committing suicide due to poverty. anyway i havent eat anything since yesternight i need help 8163623337 Opay

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by stagger: 3:21pm On Jun 27
I can never give them my one naira.

They hate work. As I dey now, I have boat loads of work in my farm that needs workers. But they are not faithful. They steal, they are lazy, and do not know anything else but begging.

In case you forget, they are the ones that delivered the Kim Kardashian states for PMB and put Nigeria on the path to the precipice.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Felaincarnated: 3:24pm On Jun 27
Of all matter for Nigeria, na almajiri matter u carry for head. U must be one of dia sponsors

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by jumper524(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27
Melagros:
COMRADES, please this is an appeal, whenever you see these beggars help them with the little you can, the N50, N100, we give them goes a long way in their lives

I am aware of the ongoing hardship in our land, but these are people who are incapacitated in almost all ramifications of living

Please, endeavour to do so, your pot of oil will never run dry.

MODIFIED
This is PORT HARCOURT CITY, and not a Northern part Nigeria, as some of the posters below are insinuating
if we keep helping them through funds, we are encouraging the act even more.
true they might need it but then people are becoming comfortable with the act and our help only increases it.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Sylva2147: 3:34pm On Jun 27
Melagros:

You're absolutely wrong, this is PORT HARCOURT, street begging is not peculiar to the north

Begging has been in existence since during the time of Jesus Christ on earth. Are you aware of this fact?

I can't even try it irrespective of the tribes or religion because most of them are just lazy and doesn't want to do anything.

Go to China and see handicaps doing bobby jobs but here in Nigeria they don't just want to work.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Hempo37: 3:35pm On Jun 27
Very sad

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by ruggedtimi(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27
ANlOMA:

these beggears is like a gang...they make so much money. Sometimes POS people even meet them for cash. No dey underrate them especially the aboki beggars.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Lucifyre: 3:44pm On Jun 27
Obaranje:
abeg we don too hear all these tales by moon light.

Civil servant of 35 years in service never fit build 2 rooms and parlor na come begger go come build 2 houses.

Next person please.
The irony is that the people spewing all this daft anecdotal beer palor gists would claim to be educated.

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by YouAreNobody: 3:50pm On Jun 27
KillaBeans:
there was this crippled beggar in Ikire along Ibadan years ago, you wouldn't know that this man has three houses, even a story building and many tenants. The way I view all these beggars changed the day I found out about this man.

I remember while growing up in owerri, a crippled begger who used to beg in front of our church, the church contributed money and bought a wheelchair for the better, and also gave him money to start a business. Less than 2 weeks later, we saw this same man begging at another location without the wheelchair🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We were scammed by the begger

2 Likes

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Majesty33(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27
Is begging suppose to be an occupation? Imagine me going to work everyday, i will meet these beggars and i will give them money on Monday morning, However, in the night and the next days u still see them their. Where is it stated that certain group of people will just go to the road side and start begging for money?

1 Like

Re: Hardship In Nigeria: How These People Are Surviving? (pix) by Nikes(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27
AntiChristian:
Islam forbids begging as the main source of income!

So i may give them food but will never encourage them in begging!

Begging is permitted only when someone is stricken by poverty or calamity or where one is indebted when trying to reconcile two people!

I once saw beggars sorting/counting their beggings after they finished praying in the mosque!
Even you wey dey work fit no make such cash per hour!

In all, don't abuse them! If you have something to spare give!
If you don't have just mind your business!

And if you detect fraud report them!
You said Islam doesn't support begging but why do Islamic leaders turn a blind eye to this act? Infact some perpetuate this act of begging. There's a mosque I usually pass by in bauchi. In the morning these boys gathers there with their plates ànd all, all geared up for the day. An elderly man addresses them before they set out. I just shake my head. Would it be difficult for a Muslim, who's ready to give a Christian man the whole world just so he can convert to his religion, to take these kids off these streets? Enroll them in a trade school, have them use their God given talents for something. It's really pathetic to be honest. At a traffic stop I once saw a boy begging. Next to him was another with a bunch of facemasks in his hands selling. Just pathetic to be honest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Ita-giwa And Her Adopted Daughter Step Out In Style (photo) / Ibrahim Babangida Laughing At Mamman Vatsa's Wedding In The 60s (photo) / Wreckage Of Missing NAF Alpha Jet 475 Found In Bama, Body Of Pilot Also Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.