Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,977 members, 7,876,687 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 01:28 AM

How Do I Calculate And Remit Withholding Tax In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Calculate And Remit Withholding Tax In Nigeria? (51 Views)

What Are My Chances If I Sue A Bank For Withholding My 2k? / Tax In Nigeria: How Is It Calculated? / EFCC Recovers N27.7b From Six Banks For Withholding Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Calculate And Remit Withholding Tax In Nigeria? by murewathegreat: 4:20pm On Jun 27
Calculating withholding tax is a relatively straightforward process once you understand the applicable rates and the nature of the income. The calculation involves multiplying the income amount by the applicable tax rate to determine the tax to be deducted.

For example, let’s say you are a company making a payment of ₦100,000 to a contractor for services rendered. The applicable withholding tax rate for the type of service is 5%. To calculate the withholding tax, you would multiply ₦100,000 by 5% (0.05), which gives you ₦5,000. Therefore, you would deduct ₦5,000 from the payment and remit it to the tax authorities on behalf of the contractor.

Once the withholding tax has been calculated, it is important to remit it to the tax authorities within the specified time frame. The exact remittance process may vary depending on the tax authority and the mode of payment. In most cases, it involves filling out a withholding tax remittance form and making the payment through a designated bank or online platform.

It is crucial to keep records of all withholding tax deductions and remittances for future reference and potential audits. These records should include details such as the amount of income, the applicable tax rate, the amount of tax deducted, and the date of remittance. Proper record-keeping is essential for compliance and may be required in the event of a tax audit or investigation.

Read more here:https://blog.taxpal.africa/withholding-tax-nigeria-guide/

(1) (Reply)

The Best Skincare Shops In Abuja 2024 / The Rise Of AI Development Companies In Canada / Generating 150k Weekly From Affiliate Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.