Stats: 3,174,109 members, 7,890,689 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Usa Visit Visa Part 5 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa Part 5 (4015 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:08am On Jul 08
Jacksonkatie:
Hello everyone

I’m to attend a conference in New York on the 17th of October. I work with a real estate and Agro company. The company is funding the trip as the conference is quite important for the agro segment they are venturing into next years.

The company has given me a letter of sponsorship also, I have reprinted my letter of appointment with the company. What other doc do I need? Meanwhile, I have gotten the invitation letter from the conference organizers.

Also, I have been advised by the conference organizers not to not make arrangements for accommodation until visa approval because they won’t take responsibility for any loss. Meanwhile, I was asked to fill accommodation details in the form DS 160 form. I don’t know how to go about this.

Hey 🀠

1. Your company (Real estate & Agro company) does not have to write a sponsorship letter for you. The term sponsorship is being used for immigrant VISA. What your employer need to write out for you is Affidavit of Financial Support.

2. Your conference organiser does not know how B1 VISA application works in Nigeria , therefore disregard their suggestion to not make accomodation arrangement. The Consular officer must see evidence of where you will stay for the duration of the conference.

3. Before filling your visa application (DS-160), talk to your conference organisers to give you list of hotels or accommodations they plan to use for all their guests or use Google to look out for near-by hotels and book. You can book many hotels without actually charging your debit or credit card. Then go back and fill your DS-160 and indicate evey details it ask you to fill therein.

4. On the day of your B1 (Business) VISA interview here is what you must take along :

1. Official invitation letter from the conference organizers in the USA
2. Hotel or Accomodation evidence
3. Evidence of Financial ability eg bank statement or affidafit of financial support.
4. Evidence of your ties to Nigeria eg work-place identification, employment letter, etc.
5. MRV (VISA fee payment receipt).
6. DS-160 Confirmation print out.

PS: Attend your VISA interview with necessary support documents either the consular officer demand for it or not. Go prepared.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by tardell007(m): 4:30am On Jul 08
rowlandwhy:
please have anyone gotten US visa from any other African country apart from Nigeria? I just need to know as someone is suggesting to try Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Swaziland or Gambia.
If you like go Congo,if dem no wan give you dem no go give you.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Jacksonkatie: 5:56am On Jul 08
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Your company (Real estate & Agro company) does not have to write a sponsorship letter for you. The term sponsorship is being used for immigrant VISA. What your employer need to write out for you is Affidavit of Financial Support.

2. Your conference organiser does not know how B1 VISA application works in Nigeria , therefore disregard their suggestion to not make accomodation arrangement. The Consular officer must see evidence of where you will stay for the duration of the conference.

3. Before filling your visa application (DS-160), talk to your conference organisers to give you list of hotels or accommodations they plan to use for all their guests or use Google to look out for near-by hotels and book. You can book many hotels without actually charging your debit or credit card. Then go back and fill your DS-160 and indicate evey details it ask you to fill therein.

4. On the day of your B1 (Business) VISA interview here is what you must take along :

1. Official invitation letter from the conference organizers in the USA
2. Hotel or Accomodation evidence
3. Evidence of Financial ability eg bank statement or affidafit of financial support.
4. Evidence of your ties to Nigeria eg work-place identification, employment letter, etc.
5. MRV (VISA fee payment receipt).
6. DS-160 Confirmation print out.

PS: Attend your VISA interview with necessary support documents either the consular officer demand for it or not. Go prepared.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thanks a lot for this. Well detailed. Appreciate
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Bankijey(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08
Hi all,

Please I applied for a Visit visa appointment in 2022, and got an interview date for August 2024. However, in 2023, the passport used for applying expired and I acquired a new passport. Would this affect the visa interview as I was planning on heading there with the old passport along with the new passport.

Also, the purpose of the visa is to visit a blood relative. What documents would be required for the interview along with the appointment confirmation and passport?

Would really appreciate your assistance
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by IggyAzalea(f): 3:37pm On Jul 08
Bankijey:
Hi all,

Please I applied for a Visit visa appointment in 2022, and got an interview date for August 2024. However, in 2023, the passport used for applying expired and I acquired a new passport. Would this affect the visa interview as I was planning on heading there with the old passport along with the new passport.

Also, the purpose of the visa is to visit a blood relative. What documents would be required for the interview along with the appointment confirmation and passport?

Would really appreciate your assistance

Hi.
You have to fill new ds 160 and update it in ur cgi portal after which u must print a new interview appointment letter after 48hrs. You can attend ur appointment with both old 'n new passports . Cheers.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Bankijey(m): 8:24am On Jul 09
IggyAzalea:

Hi.
You have to fill new ds 160 and update it in ur cgi portal after which u must print a new interview appointment letter after 48hrs. You can attend ur appointment with both old 'n new passports . Cheers.

Thank you. Appreciate
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Mjolnir: 10:24am On Jul 09
flourishing247:

Check from tomorrow.

oops, my fault, tot i checked my spam folder, but it appears i didnt..just checked today and saw the mail, sent since 5th JULY.
SO the IW DATES am seeing is earliest mid oct 2024 for abuja, i am looking for an earlier date. any tips on when best to check?
also do confirm how many times one can check for dates daily, before being banned
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by tunyuz(m): 11:01am On Jul 09
Hello, everyone. My visit visa just expired last month. Do I qualify for an IV?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by puffmama: 11:46am On Jul 09
Yes if you mean interview waiver / drop box .

quote author=tunyuz post=130868086]Hello, everyone. My visit visa just expired last month. Do I qualify for an IV?[/quote]
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by tunyuz(m): 12:20pm On Jul 09
puffmama:
Yes if you mean interview waiver / drop box .

quote author=tunyuz post=130868086]Hello, everyone. My visit visa just expired last month. Do I qualify for an IV?
Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 2:53pm On Jul 09
I have just had a very interesting experience and thought to ask if anyone is experiencing the same. I got a mail (found it in my spam today) saying that my IW date has been rescheduled from December 2024 to July/August 2024. I thought it must be spam but I decided to log into US travel docs all the same. Upon logging in, lo and behold, I have a new appointment date in August. Did anyone experience this?

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by fkj950ax(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09
Ikebabay:
I have just had a very interesting experience and thought to ask if anyone is experiencing the same. I got a mail (found it in my spam today) saying that my IW date has been rescheduled from December 2024 to July/August 2024. I thought it must be spam but I decided to log into US travel docs all the same. Upon logging in, lo and behold, I have a new appointment date in August. Did anyone experience this?

Yes it happens.
The move interviews up as soon as slots open.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 2:59pm On Jul 09
That's interesting and very unexpected. My concern now is how quickly they can release my passport because I am planning to travel in September.

fkj950ax:

Yes it happens.
The move interviews up as soon as slots open.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by dasayo: 4:24pm On Jul 09
"That's interesting and very unexpected. My concern now is how quickly they can release my passport because I am planning to travel in September".

Answer: I have experienced this same issue. My drop off date was moved from September 29th to July 11th. I didn't get an email. I just checked due to conversations I overheard at work. Alas, my dropbox appointment had been schedules.
From recent experiences, the wait time has been 6-8weeks to retrieve one's passport after submission. Be sure that you would not be needing your passport during the period its at the consulate. I called the customer helpline this afternoon to ask if I can get the initial date back, the lady quoted a line from terms and conditions which states that the consulate reserves the right to reschedule appointments without recourse to the applicant, blah blah blah... She went on to say I would not need to pay the fees again instead; I should wait 3 business days after my missed drop off date after which my MRV receipt would be reactivated. Any dropbox appointment booking after August 16th would be on a new scheduling platform, etc.

The matter taya me...
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 4:27pm On Jul 09
Na wa! By force new date. Hopefully you can get a September date as you initially wanted.

Thank you for sharing the wait time.

dasayo:
"That's interesting and very unexpected. My concern now is how quickly they can release my passport because I am planning to travel in September".

Answer: I have experienced this same issue. My drop off date was moved from September 29th to July 11th. I didn't get an email. I just checked due to conversations I overheard at work. From recent experiences, the wait time has been 6-8weeks to retrieve one's passport after submission. I called the customer helpline this afternoon to ask if I can get the initial date back, the lady said I should wait 3 business days after my missed drop off date to re-activate my MRV receipt. Any dropbox appointment booking after August 16th would be on a new scheduling platform, etc.

The matter taya me...
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 5:33pm On Jul 09
Mjolnir:

oops, my fault, tot i checked my spam folder, but it appears i didnt..just checked today and saw the mail, sent since 5th JULY.
SO the IW DATES am seeing is earliest mid oct 2024 for abuja, i am looking for an earlier date. any tips on when best to check?
also do confirm how many times one can check for dates daily, before being banned

Possibility of recent dates popping up is slim. October is not far.

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by JohnZak: 6:19pm On Jul 09
Thanks for posting this information about recent IW appointment changes.

My mum's original IW appointment was scheduled for October 31, 2024. After your post about your date change, I checked my mum's US traveldocs account and saw that her appointment has been rescheduled to July 31, 2024. I would have missed this appointment change if you had not posted this because I did not receive any email about this change.

Ikebabay:

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 6:43pm On Jul 09
Please if you have scheduled IW check your spam. They have moved everyone to earlier dates.

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Mjolnir: 6:45pm On Jul 09
Ikebabay:

pls. when did you submit for IW, I have a trip lined up next month -aug, was hoping I wud get late aug or early sept dropbox date, but with this ur revelation now, I don't want to pick a date, and they come and bump it forward to early aug..to then clash with my trip

no-reply@ustraveldocs.com that's their email, perhaps if people add it to their address book/not spam...this may prevent the mail from going to spam folder

flourishing247:
Please if you have scheduled IW check your spam. They have moved everyone to earlier dates.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Ikebabay: 7:19pm On Jul 09
I selected the appointment date in June and chose December. I think you should still continue with the process, if they bump it up, they give you the option to reschedule. The words quoted below were in my email

"If you are unable to attend your appointment, you can schedule another appointment 48 hours after your appointment date."

Mjolnir:

pls. when did you submit for IW, I have a trip lined up next month -aug, was hoping I wud get late aug or early sept dropbox date, but with this ur revelation now, I don't want to pick a date, and they come and bump it forward to early aug..to then clash with my trip

no-reply@ustraveldocs.com that's their email, perhaps if people add it to their address book/not spam...this may prevent the mail from going to spam folder

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by buffie001(f): 9:32pm On Jul 09
Hello,

I am applying for a B1 visa and will like to add my toddler as dependent so we can travel together.

Do I need to create a separate ds-160 for him, and would I also pay a visa application fee for him?

If not, please guide me on the process.

Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by flourishing247: 9:51pm On Jul 09
Mjolnir:

Everyone's mail basically went to spam box. Funny how that happened.
You can reschedule though so go ahead with your trip.

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by NowisGod109(f): 10:57pm On Jul 09
"Hello everyone,

**, if I'm applying for a new tourist visa now, is it compulsory I include all my work experiences especially the ones I put in my last application or can I just enter my business details and ignore the old ones because I didn't really work with them for long?
*Note: it was one of the organisation that wanted to sponsor me to the US then but we were told, we didn't choose the right visa category. No interview was done. They just asked me my name and the next thing was a blue paper. "
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Mjolnir: 6:12am On Jul 10
flourishing247:

Everyone's mail basically went to spam box. Funny how that happened.
You can reschedule though so go ahead with your trip.

Finally checked early this morning and got late September, took it.
Will see how it goes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Viviian(f): 7:02am On Jul 10
NowisGod109:
"Hello everyone,

**, if I'm applying for a new tourist visa now, is it compulsory I include all my work experiences especially the ones I put in my last application or can I just enter my business details and ignore the old ones because I didn't really work with them for long?
*Note: it was one of the organisation that wanted to sponsor me to the US then but we were told, we didn't choose the right visa category. No interview was done. They just asked me my name and the next thing was a blue paper. "

If your business is registered, and there is bank statement where you receive proceeds from your business, you can use your business as your work details.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:29am On Jul 10
buffie001:
Hello,

I am applying for a B1 visa and will like to add my toddler as dependent so we can travel together.

Do I need to create a separate ds-160 for him, and would I also pay a visa application fee for him?

If not, please guide me on the process.

Thank you

Hey 🀠

1. Yes you need to create a separate DS-160 for him and pay a separate visa application fee for him too.

2. Then go to your cgi and submit his DS-160 confirmation number and the visa fee payment receipt number when you click " add dependent " when booking your VISA appointment.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by NowisGod109(f): 7:53am On Jul 10
Viviian:

If your business is registered, and there is bank statement where you receive proceeds from your business, you can use your business as your work details.

Thanks for your help.
So it's not compulsory I add the work experience I included in my past us visa application?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:02am On Jul 10
NowisGod109:
"Hello everyone,

Hey 🀠

1. B1-B2 VISA decision is mostly based on your financial capability to fund the trip and the major one is ties to your country of origin. Ties means " those conditions that must make you return back to Nigeria right away or in the future .

2. Work history as a Working-Class citizen makes your resumΓ© looks genuine and respected. I will recommend you list all previous work experiences in your DS-160 as they build up your ties.

3. I will not give you the VISA if i am handed the consular baton and you are standing in my front with just 1 or 2 years work-place experience. Mention that particular one as your previous employer.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jul 10
Jacksonkatie:
Hello everyone

I’m to attend a conference in New York on the 17th of October. I work with a real estate and Agro company. The company is funding the trip as the conference is quite important for the agro segment they are venturing into next years.

The company has given me a letter of sponsorship also, I have reprinted my letter of appointment with the company. What other doc do I need? Meanwhile, I have gotten the invitation letter from the conference organizers.

Also, I have been advised by the conference organizers not to not make arrangements for accommodation until visa approval because they won’t take responsibility for any loss. Meanwhile, I was asked to fill accommodation details in the form DS 160 form. I don’t know how to go about this.

1.What position are you in that company?

2. Do you have any experience or qualification in agro sector?

3. How big is your company?

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by buffie001(f): 12:59pm On Jul 10
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Yes you need to create a separate DS-160 for him and pay a separate visa application fee for him too.

2. Then go to your cgi and submit his DS-160 confirmation number and the visa fee payment receipt number when you click " add dependent " when booking your VISA appointment.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thank you very much.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by 76ta: 1:48pm On Jul 10
Please what documents should i add when submitting my passport via Dropbox?
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by earthrealm(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10
76ta:
Please what documents should i add when submitting my passport via Dropbox?

TOT, ITS pretty straightforward, you were told what documents to include in the dropbox, why do you want to add jara?

Travel House Budget Hotel Lekki / Any Nigerian Living In Liberia Presently? / Women In Berlin Can Now Swim Topless In Public Pools - Just Like Men Can

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71