Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,438 members, 7,961,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Usa Visit Visa Part 5 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa Part 5 (46545 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by heartlove(m): 5:47am On Sep 26
[quote author=OyoTunjiUSA

Thanks so much for reply in time.

1.Now can I schedule my appointment.

2 is it possible to change the address from DHL to OIS 3. if yes Step to change it

Thanks for all I appreciate
Oga Boss

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by adenikeO: 7:37am On Sep 26
Thank you so much for your response. I already picked a date in Lagos for December.
OyoTunjiUSA:

🤠

1. Yes if the system allows and accept your booking. But you must go and fill another Lagos- oriented DS -160 to match up. Then take both new and old DS-160s along on the day of your appointment.

🙏
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by emmaodet: 7:54am On Sep 26
Ayomide98:
Good day here, please anyone who also experienced “preapproval request processing” after payment on the new portal,

Please how long did it take?

Pls can you help me with the link for the new payment?

Bro, don't bother again.
Have seen it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by emmaodet: 10:38am On Sep 26
Please what is the current appointment date for Lagos?

Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by jubrilar(m): 11:15am On Sep 26
jubrilar:
Hello house, Please I need your advise,

I want to apply b1b2 for my wife and my two kids. I HV been to US and Canada once and my visa is still valid. How will I go about it and what are there chances in getting the visa

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Walexx6691(m): 11:41am On Sep 26
OyoTunjiUSA:

🤠

* You will be charged in USD if you use card to pay. Paying with card (if successful) is the fastest, and allows you to continue with your appointment booking , almost immediately after payment confirmation.
However, first bank payment option is kind of most efficient, though might take 24 hrs to approve your payment.

2. You will open AVITS profile for one of them , and book appointment for them separately on the same profile, as there is no more group bookings. The remaining is a game of luck and calculation in using the 3 - Reschedule lifeline to match their dates.

3. You will chose payment option on AVITS first. If you chose bank payment, you will have to print out the payment guide (to be tender physically in the bank) , and proceed with the payment . You have to visit AVITS and chose payment option before proceeding with the payment.

🙏
Baba I appreciate...ten hand 🙌 for one person... On Question two I will try my best...
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by dasayo: 12:08pm On Sep 26
SexyDuby:
Pls what is the new process to apply for a B1/B2 visa now. I've been reading and it's so confusing with other people's experience.
How does the payment work? I see a lot of people saying to pay at First Bank
Do I still fill the DS-160 form then go to the AVIS/OIS website?
Can someone pls share the process to start the application, make payment and pick a physical interview date

Dear Writer,

Please follow these steps.

1. Fill out a DS-160 form, taking note of your application reference number.

2. Go to the AVITS website and register as a new user. you should receive an email from them within 2 days with your login details.

3. Using the details sent to you via email, create an account with AVITS.

4. On your profile, start an application, answering all the questions including the questions that would ask if your last application was a rejection and if you have been to the USA before.

5. Your answer to step #4 will determine if you would be invited for an interview or you will drop off your passport.

6. You would be required to pay your visa fees which can be via card or cash. Note that you would need a USD denominated card for this or follow the link and pay online through First Bank Plc.

7. Should you pay via First Bank, you would need to wait for 24hrs for your payment to be recognized, relogin and conclude your pending application. Note: Card payments are instant, and you can conclude the process in 1 sitting.

8. Should your application be successful, your passport will be dropped off at the embassy.

9. Create a profile with OIS to track your passport and schedule a pickup using the OIS platform. From the 5th of October, a pickup fee will be charged.

10. I wish you all the best!
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by naivasha: 12:41pm On Sep 26
Thank you for this step-by-step guide. Really informative.

For #8 below, is dropoff at the embassy or at OIS? I am referring to IW by the way.

dasayo:

Dear Writer,

2. Go to the AVITS website and register as a new user. you should receive an email from them within 2 days with your login details.

4. On your profile, start an application, answering all the questions including the questions that would ask if your last application was a rejection and if you have been to the USA before.

5. Your answer to step #4 will determine if you would be invited for an interview or you will drop off your passport.

6. You would be required to pay your visa fees which can be via card or cash. Note that you would need a USD denominated card for this or follow the link and pay online through First Bank Plc.

7. Should you pay via First Bank, you would need to wait for 24hrs for your payment to be recognized, relogin and conclude your pending application. Note: Card payments are instant, and you can conclude the process in 1 sitting.

8. Should your application be successful, your passport will be dropped off at the embassy.

9. Create a profile with OIS to track your passport and schedule a pickup using the OIS platform. From the 5th of October, a pickup fee will be charged.

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by ultraken: 1:41pm On Sep 26
Hello,

What is the process for picking up a visa after an in-person interview from PremiumDelivery OIS Services - PORT HARCOURT?
Do you need to create a profile at OIS for tracking?
Do you need to make an appointment to pick up?
I assume you pay in cash when you pickup?

Thanks to anyone who has information on this.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by diabolo: 5:28pm On Sep 26
I just got alot of dates for Interview, Dec 2024 in Abuja and i was able to book same time for two adults wink Am just happy with this.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by dexydidi(f): 5:43pm On Sep 26
Since last Friday, I can't still book an appointment after paying the visa fee. From their end, they can see the payment has been updated but from my end, it keeps telling me to make payment. I know we were a lot that had this issue this week, but it seems that some people have been able to resolve it, Please how did you go about fixing this issue?

This issue is driving me crazy,. I have been calling every day and raising tickets too. They mentioned they had escalated it. Pls help me
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by newton88(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26
Good Evening house. I tried inputting my bank deposit details on Avits portal and I was logged out immediately, I tried several times no result. I have been on this for the past 3 days. Any meaningful assistance to resolve this will be highly appreciated.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by SlimFaDa: 6:19pm On Sep 26
[quote author=SexyDuby post=132165297]

I am not able to schedule an appointment please who else is having this issue

It kept on bringing slot is already used, I need help please

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by heartlove(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26
Thanks so much for reply in time.

1.Now can I schedule my appointment.

2 is it possible to change the address from DHL to OIS 3. if yes Step to change it

Thanks for all I appreciate
Oga Boss

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by ogoloray(m): 11:05pm On Sep 26
Hey guys, I already scheduled my interview for 27th Sept 2024, sadly my dad passed on the 18th Sept 2024. As you can imagine, I couldn't prepare, so I cancelled the appointment. Mind you, I still had 1 chance left to reschedule.

Now I can't even find the calendar anymore. Did I make a mistake by cancelling the appointment? Will I have to pay another visa fee?

Please I need someone to respond to this, it has left me very frustrated.

My initial thought was that cancelling was the best action to take, since I still had once chance to reschedule. Thanks!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by SexyDuby(f): 11:26pm On Sep 26
dasayo:

Dear Writer,

Thanks so much I appreciate this👍🏾
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by damkanlinsin(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26
Good evening everyone. Please I confused on how to go about somethings on this DS160.

I will be staying at a hotel in NY on arrival for 2 day before the cruise-ship and from there to the cruise-ship from NY to Brahmas and back to NY. The cruise ship will last 7 days. And I will be back to the hotel again for 5 more days. Which I will use for shopping and other site seeing.

Now my problem is. I was asked. Locations I will be visiting in the state when I visit.

Should I list each state the cruise ship will be passing through or I just need to input the hotel and then cruise ship then hotel again. But all in same NY.

Please I hope I get answer for this. Thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by Mamabella: 11:46pm On Sep 26
Good day everyone thank you all for providing helpful information on this trend. Please I need some clarification. I was able to reschedule my daughter appointment from Aug 2025 to November 2024. Glory be to God. MYSELF and her dad already been to the US twice and we just recently renewed our own Visa which we have 5 years. Pls as she is a minor. When going for the interview should myself and her dad go with her since it's us they will ask the questions or only one parent is allowed to go with the child?. I will apprecaite your response so we can prepare ourself. Thank you all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by dexydidi(f): 2:00am On Sep 27
Please is there any answer to my initial question?? Ejoor ooo
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by JohnZak: 3:16am On Sep 27
Just list NY if NY is indeed the only state in the U.S. that you will be visiting. The cruise ship will likely be in international waters so it is impractical to list all the states on the eastern coast of the U.S.

damkanlinsin:
Good evening everyone. Please I confused on how to go about somethings on this DS160.

I will be staying at a hotel in NY on arrival for 2 day before the cruise-ship and from there to the cruise-ship from NY to Brahmas and back to NY. The cruise ship will last 7 days. And I will be back to the hotel again for 5 more days. Which I will use for shopping and other site seeing.

Now my problem is. I was asked. Locations I will be visiting in the state when I visit.

Should I list each state the cruise ship will be passing through or I just need to input the hotel and then cruise ship then hotel again. But all in same NY.

Please I hope I get answer for this. Thanks

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by customised87: 3:38am On Sep 27
Bsihdjn:

Well regarding the drop off at OIS office and not getting a tracking ID,they said you ain't suppose to get one.

Just keep checking your appointment.oisservices to know when your passport gets to theoffice

Hello, I just checked on the OIS website and it says the passport is ready for pick up.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by customised87: 4:22am On Sep 27
harma:
Hello everyone please I need help ooo.
I had an IW appointment that was reschedule automatically to August 2024 from my initial appointment date in Nov 2024 by the US consulate.

However I was unable to drop off my documents at the time due to work obligation. And was unable to reschedule another date as instructed in the email sent to me, because the old system became unavailable.

I am yet to get an email from the new service provider to migrate to the new portal.

What should I do, I still have my MRV intact on the old portal.

It's been 3 weeks since the new portal has been up, and I am yet to get the migration email.

Thanks

You have nothing to worry about. Same happened to my mum, they automatically rescheduled her IW appointment to July from Sep but I missed the email so she missed that appointment.

I simply went on the new system and I was able to book a new appointment date for Sep 11. She already submitted her passport and her visa is issued already.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by primusmaximus: 10:00am On Sep 27
OyoTunjiUSA:

🤠

1. The date assigned to you by the US embassy is of utmost importance, because that is when they expect you to appear or go and drop your VISA application. OIS date should not be more relevant than that of the USA embassy, except , if the USA embassy has entered into an agreement with OIS, thereby accepting OIS dates to override.

PS: Call both organisations to verify.

PS: The sending of IW qualification email applies to especially , new applicants, and since the embassy says, those with previous appointments still have their appointments recognised, then you may go ahead without waiting for the qualification email.

PS: All IW VISA applicants should also note that, the USA embassy can summon them for physical interviews, despite having qualified for IW, IF NEED BE.

🙏

Thanks, OyoTunjiUSA, for all the support. One final question please: How long does it usually take for a passport to appear on the OIS website for pick-up? My status on Ceac.state.gov changed to 'issued' some days back.

I have not received a single email from Avits, Ceac, or OIS since I started this visa renewal process two weeks ago. There is also nothing in my spam folder.
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by heartlove(m): 10:56am On Sep 27
Good day to the boss Oga all
1 my interview appointment is December 2024

2. What is the next thing to do
Do I need to Sign up On OIS for Pickup

3 am I expecting any Email from the Embassy

Ps : B2 Visa.

Thanks all Sir/Ma
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27
Hello Bosses,

This talks about OIS/DHL please I don't understand, can someone please explain to me?

Is it meant for those who are first timers or those with IW or for all? I have an interview in a few months and I'm a first timer, do I need OIS?

I'll appreciate.
Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by naivasha: 12:40pm On Sep 27
Since you are going to have an interview, that interview will take place at the US consulate. If at the interview your application is successful, they will take your passport in order to print the visa. Once your passport is ready, collection will be at OIS.

sanyaolurilwan:
Hello Bosses,

This talks about OIS/DHL please I don't understand, can someone please explain to me?

Is it meant for those who are first timers or those with IW or for all? I have an interview in a few months and I'm a first timer, do I need OIS?

I'll appreciate.
Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by hawfarnah: 1:01pm On Sep 27
Hi house, how do I track my passport? I have not gotten any email about collection. Thank you
Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27
primusmaximus:

Thanks, OyoTunjiUSA, for all the support. One final question please: How long does it usually take for a passport to appear on the OIS website for pick-up? My status on Ceac.state.gov changed to 'issued' some days back.

I have not received a single email from Avits, Ceac, or OIS since I started this visa renewal process two weeks ago. There is also nothing in my spam folder.

Hey 🤠

1. FIRST - Tract your VISA status

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

2. SECOND - Sign-in to your AVITS account

https://www.usvisaappt.com/visaapplicantui/login

and click on the Courier Shipping Number link under Status.

The page will open to the delivery status. If no Courier Shipping Number appears on your status, that means your passport has not been processed by the courier and may still be processed.

3. THIRD visit OIS website and sign up for pick up :

https://www.oisservices.com/services

* You will understand the pick up requirements when navigating the OIS webpage.
The USA embassy writes, that if, after 5 - days do not collect your VISA (passport), you should reach out to them.

* @heartlove, @hawfanah, pls follow this info.

Best Wishes 🙏

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by dasayo: 3:21pm On Sep 27
naivasha:
Thank you for this step-by-step guide. Really informative.

For #8 below, is dropoff at the embassy or at OIS? I am referring to IW by the way.

Hello, For interview waiver, your passport will be submitted at OIS.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 3:52pm On Sep 27
Okay Sir/Ma.

Thanks.
naivasha:
Since you are going to have an interview, that interview will take place at the US consulate. If at the interview your application is successful, they will take your passport in order to print the visa. Once your passport is ready, collection will be at OIS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (Reply)

Abeokuta Paradise Nature Park in Jamaica / Photos From The Accident Along Lekki Ajah Road This Evening / Abuja Residents Storm Accident Scene With Buckets, Others For Free Beer

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.