Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,725 members, 7,892,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan (10958 Views)

Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal To Court Of Arbitration For Sports / Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport / UEFA Ban: Court of Arbitration for Sports registers Manchester City's appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Michael547(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28
Nice

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Afonja007: 10:32pm On Jun 28
Dpharisee:
These Oyinbo people really want to frustrate and distract her from winning the Olympic gold and holding the world record, if she had decided to run for Britain I don't think they would be harrassing her like this
oga if you know you know, everyone dey take stop pretending ,na person dem catch dey go prison
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Judolisco(m): 10:42pm On Jun 28
Nobody is touching that her record

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by udemzyudex(m): 10:49pm On Jun 28
Lol.. Clowns.
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Ulogwe1: 11:19pm On Jun 28
Thank God for our star girl.
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Eriokanmi: 11:22pm On Jun 28
Melagros:
COMRADES, congratulations to her, the girl is a very good athlete
Her race is really scary. Amazingly, she doesn't train so hard as her contemporaries. That's enough to suspect her. They'd wait taya. Tobi, despite the allegations has been the only athlete in history to be so tested. I think I know why...she's from africa where they don't expect any meaningful thing to come out of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by frog12: 11:59pm On Jun 28
she dey dope !

why she get 2 ? grin
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by PHAYOL81: 12:01am On Jun 29
Congrats to her and Nigeria. Those !d!ots just gun for her for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by bentenny(m): 12:07am On Jun 29
Finally!
When it's an African that is excelling or outwitting their favourite and breaking new records,they get envious and start doing plenty of tests just to disqualify the athlete!
They already know Amusan is a huge threat at the Olympics....a possible gold medal or three for nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by oloriooko(m): 12:12am On Jun 29
Oluwatobiloba Ayomide omo Amusan OON
The more they try to make your path dark the brighter you shine
Unstoppable Tobi Express
This will strike fear in them all; competitors and officials alike
Congrats sis!

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Iamdboss: 12:12am On Jun 29
Victory at last... #stargirl

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by ReubenE(m): 1:47am On Jun 29
Luckysbab:

So which white athlete have been suspended under such circumstances all these decades?
You sef, the list is endless na. But let me give similar ones (whereabout failures) that got suspension.
While racism is real, it is normal for any athlete to get suspension for whereabout failure with the threshold being (3). It is good that Tobi's own has now been confirmed to be 2 against the initial suspicion of 3.

Jarrod Bannister - Australia - Javelin throw - whereabout failure - 20 months suspension

Damien Broothaerts - Belgium - Hurdling - whereabout failure - 2 years suspension

Shawn Crawford - United States - Sprinting - 3 whereabouts failures - 2 years suspension

Attila Szabó - Hungary - Decathlon - 3 whereabouts failures - 1 year suspension

Like I said the list is endless. I deliberately filtered both white and black non Africans in case you come back with the argument that some are blacks.

Athletes get suspended for even Biological Passport Anomalies without actually testing positive for a particular banned substance.
They even get banned for urine substitution etc
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by ReubenE(m): 1:50am On Jun 29
dipsx:
It is not an equal playing ground for black African athletes, they will do everything to pull them down.

She lost her world championship title to that useless suspension.
Multiple champions and world record holders for 3000, 5000, 10000, marathon and other track and field events are black Africans
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by GodHimself: 1:50am On Jun 29
Truly happy for her.

fergie001:
The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) charged World Record holder in the women's 100m hurdles, Tobiloba Amusan for three whereabouts failures. She was subsequently provisionally suspended but cleared by a disciplinary tribunal in a 2-1 verdict.

However, the AIU expressed its disappointment at the verdict and vowed to appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sports, the highest authority for Sports in the World.

The Court of Arbitration for Sports have now cleared Amusan. The Panel unanimously struck down the appeal, holding that Amusan had two not three whereabouts violations and should not have been suspended.

Athletics Integrity Unit

Previous Threads:
Tobi Amusan charged for missing 3 doping tests

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations

Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Eecho(m): 2:20am On Jun 29
Solituide:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVx8TD80d6I?si=L_yxWIJo8-qFTYB2

Access Bank
Kelly Monday
Go Hk ! So you go learn better work .
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by supereagle(m): 4:10am On Jun 29
Some people just want to bring her down.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Lifestone(m): 4:29am On Jun 29
RavenMaster:
I knew you wouldn't resist the temptation to ask. wink wink

Knock yourself out!

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/olympic-hopeful-javelin-thrower-dp-manu-suspended-for-doping-offence-set-to-miss-paris-2024-article-111347768.

https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/disciplinary-process/global-list-of-ineligible-persons
The name in the your link is Asian. The second list is dominated by Non European.
The observation of the guy you quoted is very correct 💯

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Lifestone(m): 4:32am On Jun 29
ReubenE:

You sef, the list is endless na. But let me give similar ones (whereabout failures) that got suspension.
While racism is real, it is normal for any athlete to get suspension for whereabout failure with the threshold being (3). It is good that Tobi's own has now been confirmed to be 2 against the initial suspicion of 3.

Jarrod Bannister - Australia - Javelin throw - whereabout failure - 20 months suspension

Damien Broothaerts - Belgium - Hurdling - whereabout failure - 2 years suspension

Shawn Crawford - United States - Sprinting - 3 whereabouts failures - 2 years suspension

Attila Szabó - Hungary - Decathlon - 3 whereabouts failures - 1 year suspension

Like I said the list is endless. I deliberately filtered both white and black non Africans in case you come back with the argument that some are blacks.

Athletes get suspended for even Biological Passport Anomalies without actually testing positive for a particular band substance.
They even get banned for urine substitution etc
What are the pedigree of those athletes you named above? Are they world Champion like Tobi.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Calylove: 4:34am On Jun 29
Good news. She should be careful.
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Lifestone(m): 4:38am On Jun 29
frog12:
she dey dope !

why she get 2 ? grin
I don't even know how to start educating you.
It was alleged that she has missed 3 doping test. The rules is that you will be suspended upon missing the 3rd doping test. But she claimed it's only 2 she missed. Not that she failed doping test.
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Asiri1991: 5:01am On Jun 29
Doesn't change the fact she is Tinubu's sister.

It was mere civil doping.

Let her not dope again.
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Passionnn: 5:56am On Jun 29
fergie001:
The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) charged World Record holder in the women's 100m hurdles, Tobiloba Amusan for three whereabouts failures. She was subsequently provisionally suspended but cleared by a disciplinary tribunal in a 2-1 verdict.

However, the AIU expressed its disappointment at the verdict and vowed to appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sports, the highest authority for Sports in the World.

The Court of Arbitration for Sports have now cleared Amusan. The Panel unanimously struck down the appeal, holding that Amusan had two not three whereabouts violations and should not have been suspended.

Athletics Integrity Unit

Previous Threads:
Tobi Amusan charged for missing 3 doping tests

Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations

Disciplinary tribunal clears Amusan of doping violations, AIU vows to appeal

in clear terms, what does the
whereabout violation entails?
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Frankt2024: 6:05am On Jun 29
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by ReubenE(m): 6:28am On Jun 29
Lifestone:

What are the pedigree of those athletes you named above? Are they world Champion like Tobi.
You have now moved from situation to pedigree.

I am not doing this bro. Thanks for the time
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Jonjam269: 6:43am On Jun 29
Congratulations to the Omoluabi not like our drug infested brothers.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by betwise2024(m): 6:51am On Jun 29
So they just used the accusations to stop her from participating in the competition just after.

“I tink ah teh you; dese people dey corrupt”

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Treasure17(m): 7:53am On Jun 29
Congratulations tobi

1 Like

Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by OniyideAmplify(m): 8:15am On Jun 29
RavenMaster:
From the way you type, I think anyone with half a brain cell can tell which region you hail from. Always claiming to be witch hunted. cheesy cheesy cheesy

So, if a "white athlete" too was suspended just as Tobi was, he/she should scream racism abi? cheesy cheesy

Una go still carry these una "victim mentality" enter world stage. Negodu!
I didn't see anything wrong in that comment you just bullsh!t
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by GmoreG: 8:33am On Jun 29
Sour to Victory again our dear Tobi .....
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Raph82(m): 9:08am On Jun 29
Fear of the unknown!!! They're so scared that she might break old records again and set new records. She can never be so careless to engage herself in doping, knowing full well that all eyes are on her. Too much enemies here and there.
Re: Court Of Arbitration Clears Tobi Amusan by Tflex01: 9:10am On Jun 29
Lol this page is still on second page.

I remember few months ago, some losers that call themselves Ipo.bidients were mocking her here and wishing her evil because she's not from their tribe.

Now they are hiding, I know this page would have been up to 10 now if she was found guilty. Nigerians self! 😂

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid Defeat Dortmund 2 - 0, Clinch 15th Title / Messi Becomes A Father / President Jonathan Visits Super Eagles At Training Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.