Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,492 members, 7,878,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware (109 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings? / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:35am On Jun 30
The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware

It's not today that I first heard so much fuss being made about a lavish wedding.

I remember a long time ago when arguably the most promising female preacher around then, prophetess Juanita Bynum just got married, and an invited pastor in the church I attended was speaking so favourably about the wedding, also the wedding gown worn by the bride, and asked how many singles in the church would love to have that kind of lavish wedding?

At the time, even though I hadn't yet watched the video of the wedding, I didn't buy the idea of making such a big deal about a lavish wedding especially in the church, when the most important thing is the marriage proper.

My concerns were later vindicated as that marriage proved to be the undoing of the prophetess who I had much respect for at the time. Her marriage (that started with a lavish wedding) didn't last long but ended up in a bitter divorce a few years later, after the preacher herself had received a lot of beating and damaging blows to both her physical and spiritual body from the innocent looking husband who also held the title of a bishop.

Although it's been over a decade ago since that happened, up til now the preacher woman and her ministry have not still shown signs of fully recovering from the trauma and damaging effects of the disaster of a marriage.

So do not be deceived by what the world makes of a lavish wedding that takes place in just a day of the couple's life.

What is most important is that after (the day of) their wedding, that their marriage is successful and lasts as long as they (the couple) remain alive and til death do them part.

God bless.

Re: The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:35am On Jun 30
So lavish weddings is a highly misplaced priority by many, including Christians, especially those who can't afford such luxuries.

That's how many of them would borrow so much and spend way beyond their means just to make their weddings a huge spectacle, but after all the fuss of the day, and everyone had gone their separate ways, the couples are left alone to bear the brunt of the expenses made just because of a wedding day for the rest of their marriage life.

Worst still, if the marriage is not able to survive the trying period in its early stages, brought upon it by the unwarranted burden carried over from the day of the wedding, but eventually breaks or falls apart as a result of the consequent pressure, by then the foolishness of making the proper marriage suffer just because of one's dream to have a lavish wedding would be beyond glaring, however by then it will be too late to do anything about it.

So it's better to avoid making such costly mistakes of marriage just because of the wedding day.

It's not wise for those about to tie the knot to get ahead of themselves and bite much more than they can chew, trying to impress people beyond their means on their wedding day because that could prove to be the biggest undoing of their marriage life.

Be wise.
Re: The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:36am On Jun 30
We can all remember the wedding of the century, the royal wedding between Princess Diana and Prince Charles and how it panned out.

All the glamour and riches of the British empire couldn't save the marriage from crashing.

That alone should suffice to show us that lavish weddings doesn't equate to successful marriages.

God bless.
Re: The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware by Odin13: 9:34am On Jun 30
This op has a dirty and negative mindset...

He has never seen any good in anything God crested always negative

Tell me how many lavished wedding that crash.. and I will give you millions that has lasted beyond your age..

Very careless being that call himself Christian.

Yet filled with demonic statements from his evil soul and will tag it Christian POV. Bible.

Do you know how many lavished wedding Jesus Christ attended on earth?

I pity souls being deceived by this self righteous being

Same being that tried dividing Christianity with his Jesus and Paul gibberish.
Then came online to say God “ told him”

This man need deliverance. That’s the truth.

May God help you
Re: The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware by Treasure17(m): 10:06am On Jun 30
Having a lavish wedding is not a prerequisite for a marriage to crash. Many factors could have been responsible for that and I understand your point op but the premise was wrongly laid. However, one thing I will never do is to borrow or ask for donations in the name of wedding. Everything is going to be within the context of my earning and if my babe is not cool with it then she can fly away. Don't let anyone set you up for failures cause when the chips are down, you will face the consequences alone.
Re: The Deception Of Lavish Weddings: Why Christians Must Beware by hilertali: 10:37am On Jun 30
All is vanity crew. Do your big wedding if you have the money and be enjoy your day to the fullest. Forget all these "overighteousness".

(1) (Reply)

Odm / The Truth About Jesus(messiah)death Part 11 / Daily Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.