Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,368 members, 7,940,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

King Of Gods - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / King Of Gods (367 Views)

Emi(spirit): Lineage Of Gods / African Demigods (story Of Gods And Men. Series 1) / A Tale of Gods And Monsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Of Gods by Manixnar: 8:20pm On Jun 30
His will is tough and he is unwilling to be normal. However, his pathway was destined to be that way, being born in a small sect’s branch.

However, one day, his left eye merges with the eye of an Ancient God in an accident. From that moment on, he turns from a fish into a dragon.

He rises up like a star, walking the path of a legendary cultivator.

From being a tiny, small ant at the bottom of the world, he rises step by step, into a place full of powerful sects, strong ancient clans and countless geniuses.

This is an era of legends.

------------

Chapter 1 – Young youth Zhao Feng

Morning. Just as the sky lit up, while the whole of Sun Feather City was still hidden in the darkness before dawn……

Sun Feather City, Zhao Family Clan

“Flash!”

A young juvenile reacted on instinct, threw off his warm, comfortable covers, jumped up from his bed and put his clothes on. All of this was done in one breath.

At this time most of the family sect disciples and even some of the servants, still slept……

This young person was around 13 to 14 years of age, with a slim body and a childish face. He wasn’t super handsome, but he was still good-looking.

Especially his eyes, they were clear and full of fighting will.

“Just a bit longer and I can reach the 2nd rank of the Martial Path, then I’ll have all those other Zhao family sect disciples shut up.”

This young person’s name was Zhao Feng. Half a year ago, he came from the Green Leaf Village’s Zhao family (side branch family) to the Sun Feather Zhao family sect, relying on his superb performance.

At the Green Leaf Branch, he was a genius for his age and was the first to reach the 1st rank of the Martial Pathway. From then on, he left the life of mortals and stepped into the gateway of cultivation.

At that time, every old person in the village praised him for his talent, saying his future could not be measured…..

His family sect, parents, they all had high hopes for him…..

However, only Zhao Feng knew how many more times the effort he put in compared to his peers, allowing him to become the genius of Green Leaf Village……

Green Leaf Village family…. was one of the main Zhao family sects’ side branch. Every 5 years, there would be 2 people recommended into the main sect.

The person who came with Zhao Feng was “Zhao Xue”, a girl who reached the 1st rank of the Martial Pathway only 2 months after him.

After leaving Green Leaf Village, Zhao Feng was full of fighting will, determined to go to the main Zhao family sect and show off his skills.

However, only after he went to the main Zhao family sect did he realize that he was just a frog at the bottom of a well……

In terms of population, Green Leaf Village Zhao family only had 100 people, with only 7 to 8 people around his own age.

At the main Zhao family however, there were tens of thousands of people, and they controlled large portions of land, mines and resources. Compared to the Zhao family of Green Leaf Village, this family was over a 100 times larger!!!

In the side branch in Green Leaf Village, he was considered a talent, even a genius for some….. Here at the Zhao sect however, he was considered to be one of the lowest level of cultivators for his age, a lowly outer disciple.

In the Zhao sect, there were many youths his age who had broken through to the 2nd rank of the Martial Path. There were even some who were talented, having broken into the 3rd rank. And according to some rumours, some of the families’ geniuses had already broken through to the 4th rank…..

Confronted with this reality, Zhao Feng started to realize that he was nothing compared to them. He was innocently ignorant and small in comparison.

Also, “Zhao Xue”, the beautiful girl who came with him from Green Leaf Village, she slowly became distant from him after entering the Zhao sect. She also interacted more and more with one of the top 3 disciples amongst the outer disciples.

Looking back, when “Zhao Xue” was still at Green Leaf village, she looked up to him in awe and even adored him. However, at that time, Zhao Feng only focused on cultivating, and ignored her

From then on, he became more and more desperate and put in more effort into his cultivation after feeling despair.

He made an oath: that he would take a spot at the top at Sun Feather City in the Zhao sect.

Otherwise, he would never go back to Green Leaf Village!

After washing up, Zhao Feng took a deep breath and then ran towards the family sect’s martial arts field.

“Hah! Hah!” ……..

Zhao Feng took a half step with both fists carrying the wind, and practiced the Zhao sect’s “Flaming Metal Fists”.

“Flaming Metal Fists” was only a core martial art, but Zhao Feng practiced it carefully, polishing it beautifully.

In laymen’s terms, normal martial arts were put into 5 categories: Core, Low, Middle, High, and Peak.

Core martial arts, the lowest of martial arts, were used to strengthen one’s body and blood, the damage dealt by them was very restricted.

Normally, the higher the rank of a martial art, the higher the damage dealt by it would be and the better it would be for cultivating.

However, with Zhao Feng’s side branch identity, as well as having no exceptional talent, it was very hard for him to learn martials arts of a higher rank.

“I have been staying at the 1st rank of the Martial Path for a long time. However, to break through to the 2nd rank, I still lack some time.”

After practicing for a while, Zhao Feng’s face was raining with sweat, and his breathing rate was quick.

Zhao Feng’s talent wasn’t considered bad, the reason why he couldn’t catch up to the others was because he didn’t have martial skills of a higher rank. He also wasn’t rich, like the main family disciples who could buy precious pills to increase their cultivation speed.

Some say a few disciples of the Zhao sect would use these precious pills from birth to strengthen their bodies. Before reaching 10 years of age, they had already broken through the 1st rank of the Martial Path, gaining a certain advantage compared to others.

At the starting line, Zhao Feng was already separated too far from them. Half an hour later, the sun slowly rose into view.

At the martial arts field, some of the Zhao sect disciples slowly but steadily came, and some laughed and played with one another.

However, when their visions landed on Zhao Feng, their eyes suddenly became cold, and some even showed disdain.

This attitude wasn’t just pointed at Zhao Feng alone. The Zhao sect disciples looked down upon everyone who came from the side branches. In front of those who came from the side branches, they felt a certain amount of power!

When Zhao Feng was lost in his thoughts, a sound came whistling from this back: “Little broomstick! Stop there!”

“Pah!”

A hand as strong as metal hit him hard on the shoulder.

“It’s you….”

Zhao Feng was caught off balance and almost fell. Luckily, his core skills were good so he steadied himself.

The guy who came was a youth dressed in black. His body was fit and muscular, and he had thick eyebrows. His eyes had a tinge of playfulness inside of them as he looked down upon Zhao Feng who had just steadied himself.

“Zhao Kun! What is the meaning of this?” Zhao Feng had a face full of anger and wanted to hit Zhao Kun.

When Zhao Feng first came to the Zhao sect, the two of them had a little conflict. This was because Zhao Kun was mocking those who came from the side branches and Zhao Feng was dissatisfied with him.

Zhao Kun was a person who took revenge at every possible opportunity, and from then on, when he found Zhao Feng he would humiliate him in every way.

“Zhao Kun! With your strength, if you cannot take this side branch disciple in ten moves, then it would not be cool!”

“Ten moves? Zhao Kun is already at the peak of the 2nd rank of the Martial Path, to fight that kid, I think three moves will be enough!”

“Three moves? If they fight straight on, it will not be that easy!” The disciples nearby said, ready to watch the show. Most people did not care about what happened, so they spoke without restraint.

“Three moves? Hahaha……” Zhao Kun raised his head and laughed with a look of disdain on his face, “You are all looking down on me, Zhao Kun! To beat this kid, I will only need one move!”

Only need one move!

The disciples who were present had looks of shock on their faces.

“One move?”

Zhao Feng’s eyebrows crunched up and his face changed. The anger in his heart also rose again.

He and Zhao Kun only had 1 rank in difference between them. If Zhao Kun did well, maybe he could win in 3 moves. That was true.

However, just 1 move…..

This was a humiliation!

Facing Zhao Kun‘s provocative eyes, Zhao Feng calmed down soon and thought, “I cannot fall into this trap. Even if I live through this one move, he will still humiliate me after.”

Having been at the Zhao sect for half a year, Zhao Feng had been beaten a few times and had learned to bear with it.

“I am quite tired from training today. Let me rest a few days, and then I will fight you.”

Zhao Feng’s face was expressionless and he then left without another word.

His performance gave Zhao Kun who was the same age, a pause.

“Ok, kiddo, I will let you off the hook today, but the next time we see each other, do not forget about today’s ‘1-move battle’.” Zhao Kun’s eyes gave off a cold and cunning feel.

1-move battle?

Zhao Feng’s heart sped up once more, and thought: “It looks like Zhao Kun isn’t going letting me off the hook.”

“I must reach the 2nd rank of the Martial Path soon. Only then can I fight Zhao Kun.” Zhao Feng’s heart tensed up once more.

After leaving the martial arts field, Zhao Feng returned home.

Since Zhao Feng managed to enter the Zhao main family sect, his parents also gained a bit of his “fame” and entered the Zhao sect.

This was supposed to be his parents’ fame.

Zhao Feng however only felt ashamed because his performance at the Zhao sect might make his parents feel disappointed. He might also disappoint those of the older generation who had high expectations of him at the village.

“I am back.”

A deep, calm man walked out. It was Zhao Feng’s father. Zhao Tianyang.

“Feng’er, come quick and have some food!” This was his mother, Zhao Shi, who had a caring look on her face as she brought out some food from the kitchen.

Every time Zhao Feng came home, he was able to feel the warmth and love here.

“Thanks mom….. This tastes so good!” Zhao Feng mumbled through his mouth, which was full of food.

When they ate, Zhao Tianyang and Zhao Shi didn’t speak, as if there was something on their mind.

“Father, Mother, what are you….” Zhao Feng saw that his parents had solemn expressions and looked as if they had something to say. Zhao Tianyang and Zhao Shi looked at one another, and then they took a long sigh.

“Let me say it. Just not long ago, the sect’s higher level sent some people over with a letter.” Zhao Tianyang paused for a moment.

“The sect’s higher level?” Zhao Feng didn’t understand.

Zhao Tianyang had a solemn face and said: “The sect has now made some new rules. If the side branch’s youths cannot break through to the 2nd rank, they will have no right to participate in the ‘family sparring contest’. If…. before the age of fifteen, they cannot reach the 3rd rank, they will be sent back to their branches.”

What!

Zhao Feng’s heart stopped for a second and his face changed dramatically.

The family sparring competition was where all the youths fought to show off their skills. The ones who won would get rich rewards and have a chance to become an inner disciple, who would be fully trained by the family.

Thus, the family sparring competition was a chance to turn into a dragon from a fish for the outer disciples.

If they lost the chance to enter, it was considered to be the same as being thrown away by the sect!

And the rule that made Zhao Feng’s heart cold was the last one – Before the age of 15, those who are not able to achieve the 3rd rank of the martial path, will be sent back to the branch families.

“No, no, this cannot be true….” Zhao Feng’s voice was soft, and both his hands clenched together.

He and his parents wouldn’t have the face to be sent back to the Green Leaf Village.

“This rule is only set towards the side branch disciples.” His mother Zhao Qi had a look of dissatisfaction on her face.

“Mother, Father, it is ok. I will train even harder and reach the 2nd rank of the Martial Path before the family sparring competition.” Zhao Feng clenched his teeth and said while trembling.

“There are still two months left, and to register, you need to sign up a month earlier. To break through to the 2nd rank in a month is probably not easy.”

Zhao Tian Tang shook his head.

Only a month’s time?

Zhao Feng’s eyes were dim as if he fell into darkness.

If there were 2 months left, and he doubled his efforts, there was a 20 to 30 percent chance of success. To breakthrough in a month however, he didn’t have any confidence at all!

After staying silent for a long time, Zhao Shi wiped the corner of her eyes and spoke softly: “Feng’er, it doesn’t matter if you fail…… you still make us proud…. The most that will happen is us returning to Green Leaf village and living a normal life.”

“Yeah! If we return to Green Leaf Village, you will still be the most talented one there – I would rather have you be the head of a chicken than the tail of a phoenix!”

Zhao Tianyang nodded his head in agreement.

Being parents, they would rather have their children be safe, even if their lives would be normal..

Return to Green Leaf village?

“No!”

Zhao Feng shook his head furiously, “I am not going back to Green Leaf Village to lead a normal life!”

He once swore an oath. To perform well, earn a spot in the Zhao sect and in Sun Feather City, and own his own land.

His heart yearned towards the 9th rank of the Martial Path and the land that lies beyond in the outer world….

How could I be willing to lose and return in this manner?

Zhao Feng restrained himself from crying, screamed, and merely ran out of the house.

“Feng’er! Don’t be stubborn……”

His parents called out.

“Boom!”

Suddenly, thunder and lightning howled in the sky and it started raining outside. Zhao Feng kept the despair in his heart, howled back at the sky and ran into the rain. At this time, the lightning shone everywhere, making Zhao Feng’s face light up.

“Not good!”

Zhao Feng felt a pressure bearing towards him, and so, as he looked up he was shocked by what he saw.

From birth, he had never seen such lightning, closely packed together, like a spider’s web.

At that short moment, the lightning above seemed to be under some kind of power, which caused the dimension to crack.

“Sheeeeeeew ——————-”

A black streak came from outer space. It passed through the lightning and caused beautiful ripples to appear that seemed like a dream.

It was impossible to imagine what that “black line” was, it was even able to ignore the power of lightning.

“Pah! Pah!”

Zhao Feng felt his feet go numb, his hair and clothes turn black, and thunder rang in his ears nonstop.

The whole world suddenly went dead silent.

“This is……”

His face was white, looking down at his feet he saw a weird black marble, like an eyeball. It was this item that caused the black line.

“Peng! Peng!”

The eye-like marble seemed like it had life, giving off a thumping sound as it “stared” Zhao Feng right in the eye.

However, the eyeball’s thumping seemed to thump in sync with his own heart, giving Zhao Feng a friendly feeling.

At this moment, he felt some kind of summoning.

“Does this item have life?” He held his breath, ready for any signs of danger. However, before he could move.

“Poom!”

The eyeball-like marble turned into an afterimage as it shot into Zhao Feng’s left eye.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!………………………..” Zhao Feng screamed and then fainted.

Before he fainted, he only had one thought: “I’m screwed……… my eye has been blinded!”
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 8:22pm On Jun 30
Chapter 2 – The battle of one move

Not knowing how much time had passed, Zhao Feng started to regain his consciousness, but he was not able to feel his body.

The only thing he felt was the pain coming from his left eye.

Left eye?

Zhao Feng turned cold, and suddenly remembered what happened. Before he fainted, the weird eyeball shaped marble stabbed straight into his left eye.

If there wasn’t any accidents, my left eye might’ve been blinded and can probably be compared with those ugly and berserk “One-eyed dragons”.

When he thought up to here, Zhao Feng had the urge to cry.

Peh!Peh!Peh!Peh!……

There was a sound similar to that of a heartbeat, giving off a familiar and kind feel, resonating from the left eye, which had been punctured.

Shoosh!

He thought about his left eye and in that moment, his consciousness merged with his left eye.

Boom!

His brain suddenly shook and Zhao Feng consciousness went into a pitch black dimension.

“This place is…..”

Zhao Feng had fear for the unknown, and seeing such a weird place was completely outside of his knowledge.

His consciousness was attracted by the faint green light given off from the centre of the pitch black place.

That faint green light seemed so mysterious, and infinitely deep. It slowly spun, as if it had survived from the Ancient times till now, giving people both a feeling of life and eternity.

Zhao Feng consciousness was fully absorbed by it, and was so absorbed that he would not awaken, not until the sky turn old or when the dimension was destroyed.

“The Ancient is broken, and the Ancient Gods slain will turn into a trillion dust…..”

The sigh that came with it seemed so ancient and sad. It reverberated around the pitch black area, as if it came from the Ancient times itself.

“Who’s there!?”

Zhao Feng consciousness swayed, and his whole body turned cold. He surveyed the area but could not see anyone.

That sound seemed to come from the space itself.

“There is a soul in the universe that is perfectly in sync with me? Is this destiny?”

The mysterious voice said to itself.

“Who’s there sneaking around!”

Zhao Feng suppressed his fear and shouted.

“To continue my bloodline of the Eye, you will Rule everyone, control every race. You lucky youngster, do not disappoint me….”

The pitch black area suddenly poured out an Ancient consciousness, which then faded away.

Everything remained calm…….

Hah!

Zhao Feng took a long breath, but before he could think more, a painful feeling came from his left eye.

Within the room.

The burning sun came through the window.

“Ahhhhh….. My eye.”

Zhao Feng screamed and clutched his left eye which was now swollen red and burned with pain.

At this time, Zhao Feng suddenly woke back up into reality.

This was his room.

Zhao Feng laid on the bed, and his body still had charred pieces from when he was struck by lightning.

At this time, the pain coming from his left eye made him sweat and toss around in the room.

It was good that, as time went, the pain eventually faded away.

“My eye……”

Zhao Feng had a face full of worry, and slowly loosened the grip around his left eye.

He was certain that his left eye could still see the light.

However, when his left eye saw the first ray of sunlight, the strong burn in his eye made him squint, but it still made Zhao Feng let out his breath.

His left eye eventually adapted to the sunlight and could finally see the outside world.

However, the thing that came after made Zhao Feng go into shock.

At that moment, the whole world seemed to have become one of tens of thousands of different colours.

The vision of his left eye made everything seem perfectly clear and beautiful.

Zhao Feng even saw the particles in the air, which certainly wasn’t what normal vision could see.

He even clearly saw ants on a tree 100 metres away, and the veins on a leaf.

“What is going on? My left eye can even……”

Zhao Feng thought about it after the shock passed and revealed some happiness on his face.

He was certain that his left eye had undergone a series of changes and was at least 10 times, or more, stronger than the original eye.

Zhao Feng took out a mirror and looked at it closely, the left eye’s size was the same as before.

The only difference was that the centre of his eye was darker than the original.

And when he fully used his left eye, the eyeball would give off a faint glow of green light.

These changes, although not very obvious, sped up Zhao Feng’s heartbeat.

“Did….. did that mysterious eye merge with my left eye?”

Zhao Feng’s heart was happy but also worried at the same time.

After a while he took a deep breath and walked out his room.

“Feng’er, you did not wake up for one day and one night, do not make me feel worried.”

Zhao Shi saw that her son was all right and was super happy.

“Mother, I am all right! I might even have gotten lucky from this disaster.”

Zhao Feng laughed.

However, his face soon turned, “Wait! Mother, did you say…. That I was unconscious for one day and one night?”

“Yes, that day you were hit by lightning, but the alchemist said that you were just unconscious.”

Zhao Shi wiped her eyes and felt scared by what might have happened.

When they talked, Zhao Feng’s stomach growled, only then did he feel the hunger.

“Come! I will make you some food to eat.”

Zhao Shi went to the kitchen and busied around.

At this time, Zhao Feng kept on using his left eye to observe everything and felt that his body also went through some changes.

The most obvious change was his reaction speed.

“Mmmmmm…..”

When they were eating, Zhao Feng eyes landed upon a fly.

His left eye saw the fly’s flying route, he could even differentiate the gender and he also saw the stripes on its wings.

Shoosh!

He waved his chopsticks on instinct.

Suddenly, the humming stopped.

Hahaha….

Zhao Feng looked at the fly killed by his chopsticks and laughed deep in his heart.

That felt good!

That felt damn nice!

Because of his left eye, Zhao Feng’s reaction speed and senses had far surpassed that of normal people.

After eating, Zhao Feng felt full of energy so he walked towards the martial arts field.

He had a feeling, that the change in his left eye could possibly change his life……

His left eye gave off sizzles of heat and after that, also gave off a “peh!peh!” heartbeat sound.

He didn’t know that as the mysterious eyeball merged with him, his bloodline and body was slowly changing.

Martial Arts Field.

Zhao Feng was the same as normal and started to practise his fist core martial arts.

“Hahaha! Zhao Feng, you’re finally here, I thought you’d be a turtle hiding in your shell…..”

A laugh came from the other side of the martial arts field.

Damn it!

Zhao Feng said damn in his heart and then looked at the muscular Zhao Kun, who was taking big strides while coming over.

He then remembered the “1 move battle” with Zhao Kun.

With Zhao Kun’s laugh, many sect disciples in the martial arts field came gathering around.

“Looks like it cannot be avoided……”

Zhao Feng could only walk over.

“Zhao Feng, get ready. One move! I’ll only need one move to make you go down!”

Zhao Kun’s massive body seemed like a tiger and pressured towards Zhao Feng.

As soon as his words finished.

Using a weird stance, his two hands and body contracted, then like a poisonous snake, gave a dark and creepy feeling.

Zhao Feng felt a chill, as if he was locked onto by a poisonous snake.

“Whoa, it is the high ranked martial art Thirteen changes of the Poisonous Snake!”

From the crowd came an excited shout from someone who recognising Zhao Kun’s move.

“High ranked martial art, how is this possible! Most 2nd rank disciples can only go to the “Martial Arts Library” and get middle rank martial arts, how could Zhao Kun get a high ranked one?”

“You might not know this but Zhao Kun’s grandfather is one of the sect elders……”

“No wonder Zhao Kun has confidence in winning with one move, it is because he’s learned the Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake!”

The disciples around the area all felt chilly, even some of those whose cultivation exceeded Zhao Kun gave him a solemn look.

“It is a high rank martial arts skill.”

Zhao Feng took a cold breath.

At the Zhao sect, disciples under the 4th rank of the Martial Path could only learn low or middle ranked martial arts.

As for Zhao Feng, since he had not even achieved the 2nd rank of the Martial Path yet, he could not enter the sect’s “Martial Arts Library”, so he could not even learn low rank martial arts.

Thirteen Change of the Poisonous Snake was a high rank martial arts skill, and the damage dealt by it was way higher compared to low and middle ranked martial arts, not to mention core rank martial arts.

At this moment, Zhao Kun’s moving hand even gave Zhao Feng a huge pressure, as if he just needed to move and the poisonous snake would attack.

“No wonder Zhao Kun has confidence to take me down in a single move!”

Zhao Feng’s heart sped up, as he knew that, under normal circumstances, he couldn’t take one move from a high rank martial art skill.

And even then, Zhao Kun’s cultivation was higher than his own by 1 rank.

Peh!Peh!……

Under the pressure, Zhao Feng felt his left eye move, this gave him an excited feeling.

Zhao Feng now put all of his power into the left eye and set the target on Zhao Kun.

Not one realised that, at this moment, Zhao Feng’s left eye gave off a faint green glow……

Shoosh!

Zhao Feng felt like he had gone into super-vision mode. In his vision, Zhao Kun’s body was enlarged, and every change, including his breathing rate, heartbeat, the body’s muscles, veins, they were all seen with his left eye.

And at that moment, the world seemed to slow down by many times.

However, the speed of the world didn’t slow down.

The change was Zhao Feng’s own reaction speed!

Under the pressure, Zhao Feng’s heart felt extremely peaceful and calm.

His opponent, Zhao Kun, got an unknown shiver and had a feeling as if all of his secrets had been seen.

“3rd Change of the Poisonous Snake!”

Zhao Kun had a face full of dimness and used his strongest strike without hesitation. His body was like a poisonous snake, and like lightning, had both extreme speed and power.

Shoosh!

In a flash, Zhao Kun 2 fingers were together, and like a poisonous snake’s teeth, slashed through the air as they stabbed towards Zhao Feng.

So fast!

Many of the sects disciples thought.

Many youths of the 2nds rank of the Martial Path did not even manage to see how Zhao Kun moved.

Just as Zhao Kun’s teeth like fingers were about to to hit Zhao Feng.

Pah!

Suddenly, a strong fist punched through the air, hitting Zhao Kun’s arm, making him fall.

“What happened?”

Zhao Kun felt his mind shudder as his body turned stiff due to shock, his arm turning numb.

His fingers, which were only half an inch away from Zhao Feng’s chest, could not move forward another bit.

Whoosh——

Zhao Kun’s stomach suddenly felt pain as he was sent flying out with a scream.

“What happened!?”

All of the disciples shouted in shock.

“One move, you’ve lost……”

TBC...
Source: King of Gods - NovelSprout.com
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 1:02pm On Jul 05
Chapter 3 – Breaking through to the 2nd Rank of the Martial Path

“One move, you’ve lost….”

Zhao Feng had an expression of shock and excitement which was hard to cover up.

I won? And I won in one move?

Before the battle, because of the changes in the left eye, Zhao Feng was confident that by relying on his reaction speed and vision, he would be able to block one of Zhao Kun’s moves, and if used well, he could be able to block more than 10 moves.

The result however, was well out of his expectations.

Zhao Kun’s attack was very fast for some of the bystanders, but under his left eye, all of his movements were as clear as day.

And when the left eye was activated to its fullest capabilities, Zhao Feng felt that the opponent’s moves seemed slow and clumsy.

He was stunned because he saw faults in Zhao Kun’s skill.

Faults!

Faults in a high ranked martial art!

Zhao Feng didn’t understand it either, how could he see the opponent’s faults so easily? Maybe it was because the opponent hadn’t fully polished the skill.

At last, Zhao Feng reacted on instinct, just like how he had with the fly, and gave the opponent a deadly hit, which allowed him to win in one move.

Hua!

All the disciples on the martial arts field were shocked.

“Did I see wrong!? The one that lost was Zhao Kun!”

“You are right! The person who lost was Zhao Kun!”

All the Zhao disciples opened their eyes wide and had weird faces on.

…….

“How is this possible………. How could I lose to this guy?”

Zhao Kun had a questioning face.

Yep!

He lost so suddenly he didn’t understand.

At this time, the expressions on Zhao Feng and Zhao Kun’s faces were comparable.

“It was by accident!”

When the Zhao disciples saw the expression on Zhao Kun’s face, they understood.

After this was said, all of them started agreeing.

“You are right! This kids luck must be too good, he won by accident.”

“His luck must be too good……”

The crowd agreed on the reason for Zhao Feng’s victory.

“Luck? Maybe.”

Zhao Feng gave a faint smile and turned to leave.

“Kid! Stay there!”

Zhao Kun clutched his stomach as he slowly stood up before he, in a dark manner, said, “Zhao Feng! You were just lucky before, that’s why you won. Let’s fight again!”

“Fight again?”

Zhao Feng scrunched up his eyebrows and looked at Zhao Kun, “Firstly, you’re hurt. Secondly, I don’t have time.”

After saying this he turned towards a corner in the martial arts field and left behind a group of disciples with stunned faces.

“Bastard! After I’m healed, I’ll perfect my Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake, then I’ll fight you.”

Zhao Kun had a face of anger as he then left without another word.

Looking back on the fight, Zhao Kun had his own reasons of why he lost, and there were 3 main reasons:

Firstly, he looked down on his opponent.

Secondly, he had only learnt the first 3 moves of the Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake, and there were still many faults as it was yet to be perfected.

Thirdly, Zhao Feng had too much luck.

……

On the other side of the martial arts field, Zhao Feng started to practise.

“The reason I was able to win the last fight is mainly because Zhao Kun looked down on me too much, as well as the fact that he have yet to perfect the high ranked martial art skill, which allowed for me to the faults……”

Zhao Feng knew the answer in his heart.

Zhao Kun would definitely not go easy on him in the next fight, and if he perfects the Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake’s first 3 moves faults, then Zhao Feng doesn’t have any confidence in winning again.

That was because the difference between the 1st rank and the 2nd rank of the martial path was too big.

The Martial Path had 9 ranks in total, the first three ranks were known as “Power ranks”.

The “Power ranks” were about gaining more strength and increasing one’s foundation.

So the 1st rank and the 2nd rank of the martial path had a difference of around 100kg’s in terms of strength.

That’s why, under normal conditions, to be a 1st rank and beat the 2nd rank of the martial path was so surprising, even more so to win by 1 move.

“The key point is still to increase my strength!”

Zhao Feng took a deep breath and started to practise “Flaming Metal Fist” again.

The first move… The second move….. The third move……

The “Flaming Metal Fist” seemed to be as smooth as water, smoother than it had ever been.

Hah!

As Zhao Feng finished his moves, he had an excited look on his face. The “Flaming Metal Fist” had a total of 32 moves, and he could now finish them in one breath, a much faster speed than previously, the power of the moves had also increased.

After finishing the moves, he felt that his blood flowed better and faster than before, as if it was burning.

Peh!Peh!…..

At the same time, the beat coming from his left eye became even more obvious.

Zhao Feng closed his eyes and his consciousness interacted with the pitch black dimension.

At the centre of the dimension, there was a faint green light.

At first, the faint green light had a radius of around 60cm, and was especially faint.

Now however, the faint green light’s length and brightness seemed to have increased.

“Could it be? Is the left eye’s abilities directly linked to my own strength?”

Zhao Feng guessed in his heart.

The changes in his left eye gave him the chance to change his destiny. Firstly, it let him beat Zhao Kun, secondly, when he practised his moves, they became super smooth.

“Again!”

Zhao Feng eyes became sharp as he started to practise “Flaming Metal Fist” again.

Hu Hu Hu…….

Zhao Feng’s movement speed became faster and faster, and the moves started to perfectly link with one another.

After practising it for the 3rd time, the speed had already become 2 times faster than before, and the damage had also increased by heaps.

Through his breathing, he felt his blood circulate better and the parts of his body that could not be toughened before had also started to become stronger.

“At this speed, I will just need a few more days to break through to the 2nd rank of the Martial Path.”

Zhao Feng felt that his increase was very obvious.

He practised until night and then wiped his sweat and headed back towards his home.

After arriving home, he still was thinking about the change in his left eye.

“To continue my bloodline of the Eye, you will Rule everyone, control every race. You lucky youngster, do not disappoint me….”

He remembered the voice that came from the pitch black dimension before he fainted.

“This eye might have come from an Ancient God-like existence, and in an accident, merged with my own eye.” Zhao Feng assumed.

Even at night, when he opened his eye, he could still see everything outside.

The darkness of night had almost zero influence on Zhao Feng. His eye still saw the birds that were a few miles away.

Zhao Feng lay on his bed at night and felt his left eye releasing sizzles of heat, which merged with his blood.

Under this weird feeling, Zhao Feng fell asleep.

The second morning.

Zhao Feng woke up, extended his 4 limbs and went to practise in the small courtyard.

“This yards too old, and the environment is bad, When I am stronger, I am definitely going to let my parents live inside a big yard.”

Zhao Feng thought in his heart.

Quickly, he began to practise the 32 moves of the “Flaming Metal Fist.”

Hu Hu Hu…..

The fists carried the wind and now contained extreme power.

As soon as Zhao Feng threw a few punches, he felt that something was wrong.

Between his breaths, his blood was raging and gave off an aura of power, every punch contained at least 200-250 kg’s of force.

“What!”

Zhao Feng was shocked, and his two fists burned in 2 patches of red light.

Ka Ka Ka ——

One of the punches hit the big tree in front of him, and a branch, as thick as a fist, snapped into pieces.

“No! This definitely is not the power of a 1st rank, could it be……”

Zhao Feng’s heart jumped.

To prove his thoughts, he took a deep breath and put all of his power into one stomp.

Peh!

The ground shook and the layers of earth crumbled, leaving Zhao Feng’s footprint half an inch deep into the ground.

His expression turned happy, then one of his palms hit a stone that was at least 30 kg’s , and broke it into pieces.

This kind of power wasn’t something that the 1st rank of the martial path could do.

“2nd rank of the martial path….. I’ve broken through to the 2nd rank of the martial path!”

Zhao Feng closed his eyes and began to feel the power coursing through his body.

He first thought that breaking through to the 2nd rank would at least take a few days, but didn’t realise that he broke through just after one night’s sleep.

His consciousness went inside his left eye, there, Zhao Feng found that the faint green light had now extended from around 60cm to 67cm.

He felt that his energy was better than before and that it also had different changes which could not be explained…….
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 1:03pm On Jul 05
Chapter 4 – Zhao Yijian

“After breaking through to the 2nd rank of the Martial Path, I won’t be at the bottom anymore, and I’ll also have the right to participate in the “Family Sparring Contest”.

Zhao Feng was very excited, but soon calmed down.

The martial path had 9 ranks, and every rank was harder to achieve than the previous one, similar to a pyramid.

Everyone knew that the first 3 ranks were known as the “Power Ranks”, they were also known as Martial Learner!

Martial Learners used force to strengthen their bodies to provide a strong foundation for later realms.

Although Martial Learner were very low, as it was only considered to have entered the gateway of Martial Arts, to cultivate to the peak of the 3rd rank was not to be looked down upon as one would have at least 400 kg of strength, those born with better talent could even have over 500 kg’s of strength. They could rip apart tigers and destroy bears with their bare hands.

Although Zhao Feng had only broken through to the 2nd rank, he had around 250-300 kg’s of strength, which was well outside the capabilities of normal people. If it was accompanied by strong martial skills, tens of normal people wouldn’t even be able to reach him.

“If I can reach the 3rd rank of the Martial Path, and have around 350-400 kg’s of strength, my overall strength will at least double.”

Zhao Feng thought in his heart.

Of course, the thing that he yearned for was the 4th rank of the Martial Path.

The 4th to 6th rank of the Martial Path were known as the “Accumulation Ranks”, they were also known as Martial Artists, those who were real Martial Artists!

After entering this realm, the Martial Artist wouldn’t just have a strong body and blood. They could also strengthen their organs and use the power of “Inner strength”, which surpassed that of pure muscle attacks.

Once they reached Martial Artist, they would leave the realms of mundane people and entered a higher level.

Back at Green Leaf Village, Zhao Feng had the urge to become a true Martial Artist, and entering the Zhao sect had made this dream come one step closer.

……

After he entered the 2nd rank of the martial path, Zhao Feng immediately told his parents.

2nd Rank of the martial path?

His father Zhao Tianyang and his mother Zhao Shi were both surprised but let out deep breaths.

As Zhao Feng was able to reach the 2nd rank at this age without the use of outside help, his talent could be said to be better than some people.

“All you have to do next for the next two months is to prepare for the “Family Sparring Contest”. We do not need you to do extremely well, just do not lose face.”

Zhao Tianyang revealed a happy smile.

Zhao Shi also had a pleased smile.

For Zhao Feng to reach this step, they were very pleased and did not have higher expectations.

However, Zhao Feng’s target wasn’t restricted to just this. He wanted to become a true Martial Artist, maybe even reach the pinnacle of Martial Arts.

“After breaking through to the 2nd rank, my status within the sect is now higher and I have the right to enter the first floor of the “Martial Arts Library”.”

The sects “Martial Arts library” contained many different martial arts skills.

Thinking about this, Zhao Feng immediately went towards the Martial Arts Library.

“Brother Feng!”

Halfway, a slightly shocked voice from a girl stopped him.

The young girl’s voice had a familiar sound and felt comfortable to listen to.

Zhao Feng’s body turned stiff.

From his side came a boy and girl whose ages weren’t very old.

The male was purple clothed, had thick eyebrows, a straight tall back and sharpness in his eyes. His cultivation had reached the peak of the 3rd rank, the other disciples around them felt the pressure he emitted.

“He is the sects 3rd ranking disciple of the outer disciples “Zhao Yijian”!”

The people around them exclaimed, with faces full of worry and fear.

The one that came with Zhao Yijian was a young woman wearing white, whose age was the same as Zhao Feng, around 13 or 14, she had a clear beautiful face.

“Little Sister Xue.”

Zhao Feng looked at the white clothed girl and his mouth subconsciously curled into a mocking smile.

The girl in front of him was the one who entered the sect with him half a year ago, “Zhao Xue”.

Back at Green Leaf Village, Zhao Xue was a huge fan of his. However, after they entered the Zhao sect they became distant from one another, they were almost total strangers now.

After Zhao Xue entered the Zhao sect, using her beauty, she quickly became good friends with Zhao Yijian, who was ranked 3rd of the outer disciples, and then, by using her connections, she achieved the 2nd of the martial path half a month ago.

At this moment, Zhao Xue said something to Zhao Yijian.

“Ok, but just do not take too long.”

Zhao Yijian nodded his head and leaned aside, not even bothering to look at Zhao Feng.

Zhao Xue walked in front of Zhao Feng and,in a complex manner, and with a little sigh, said, “Brother Feng, you have finally broken through to the 2nd rank. However, Xue’er is going to give you some advice, do not be too stubborn. After entering the sect, I have realised that the place we started at is too low compared to the ones here.”

“What do you want to say?”

Zhao Feng broke off her sentence and responded with a cold face.

Zhao Xue had a bit of anger of her face, but she still bit her teeth and said, “Brother Feng, Xue’er is going to advice you one more time, go to brother Yijian and pledge yourself to him. With his help, only then will you merge with the main Zhao sect, that way you can avoid problems……”

Pledge?

Zhao Feng made a cold laugh. He won’t pledge to anyone in his whole life.

Zhao Yijian had a cold aura and was extremely arrogant. Every time he saw Zhao Feng, it was with his nostrils, as if he was too high up compared to him.

Seeing Zhao Feng’s expression, Zhao Xue immediately knew, as they grew up together she understood Zhao Feng very well.

Zhao Xue walk back to Zhao Yijian’s side and murmured something.

“Hmph! He doesn’t know what’s good for him, this useless garbage.”

Zhao Yijian said in a cold voice.

“Useless garbage?”

Zhao Feng’s eyebrows scrunched.

Maybe it because he saw Zhao Feng so unwilling, but Zhao Yijian took a pause and coldly said, “I’ve heard that you’re the genius of Green Leaf village? However, at the Zhao sect, you’re just a little bug! We’ll meet at the “Family Sparring contest” and I’ll beat you in just one move.”

“Just like what I would say, we’ll meet at the contest.”

Zhao Feng spat bitterly and then turned towards the Martial Arts library.

He didn’t want to keep on talking, since they were bound to fight 2 months later, and the one with greater strength would win.

As Zhao Xue’s eyesight passed by Zhao Feng, it flashed ever so slightly.

At this point, she felt a strange feeling from Zhao Feng. A feeling that she couldn’t understand.

“He sure thinks he’s good.”

Zhao Yijian snorted.

He didn’t even think of Zhao Feng as a serious opponent!

At the sects outer disciples, those that had entered the 3rd rank of the martial path didn’t exceed 60 people, and to rank 3rd out of these… It could be seen that he had some great skills up his sleeve.

Zhao Xue gave off a deep sigh in her heart, Zhao Feng was just finding trouble for himself.

Zhao Xue understood Zhao Yijian’s strength very well. Some of the 3rd ranks couldn’t even block one move of his.

……..

After a while, Zhao Feng came to the sect’s important grounds, the Martial Arts Library.

The Martial Arts Library was very important to the sect, and therefore had elders guarding it.

“Branch disciple?”

The white-clothed elder inside the Martial Arts library looked at Zhao Feng’s identity plate, and scrunched up his eyebrows.

“Great elder.”

Zhao Feng had a polite face on, he knew the elders strength.

From his left eye, he felt a mysterious force coming from the elder. It was a layer of red aura, which was between their blood and skin, but was constantly moving through their veins, and could attack at any time. It could also attack through the air and crush metal into powder.

Zhao Feng knew that the white-clothed elder had already cultivated “inner strength” to a high degree, it could destroy one hundred of him in an instant.

Only those that were at the 4th rank of the martial path or higher could have inner strength.

Zhao Xue, Zhao Kun, these martial learners wouldn’t have inner strength.

Zhao Feng took a bow and said: “Elder, I want to go into the second floor of the martial arts library.”

“Achieving the 2nd rank at 14 years of age is average. However, before you become an inner disciple, I must tell you that branch disciples and main disciples have different treatments in the martial arts library.”

The white-robed elder said.

When Zhao Feng heard this, he paused a second, but then thought about the new rules of the sect and immediately understood.

“Elder, please go on.”

Zhao Feng knew that before having absolute power, he didn’t have any right to discuss the rules.

The white-clothed elder said with an expressionless face: “those with the 2nd rank of the martial path can only enter the first floor of the martial arts library. The first floor of the martial arts library have a lot of low ranked martial arts, and a few middle ranked ones. Main sect disciples can choose two middle ranked martial arts, or four low ranked martial arts at max, and the limit for borrowing these is two months. Side branch disciples can only choose one middle ranked martial art, or two low ranked martial arts, and the time limit is one month.”

After listening to the rules, Zhao Feng took a deep breath and said, “This junior understands.”

The branch disciples had only half of the quantity and time compared to the main branch disciples.

“Ok! You can go in now, but the time limit is half an hour.”

Under the white-robed elder’s guidance, Zhao Feng slowly stepped into the martial arts library, a place he’d dreamed of coming to.

TBC...
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 9:01pm On Jul 05
Chapter 5 – Choosing Martial Arts Skills (1)

The martial arts library was an important ground in the sect, it had a collections of different martial skills collected over hundreds of years. They were used to help those of the later generation hoping that they could expand the family.

Usually, a sect’s number and quality of martial arts determined how strong the sect would be. Zhao Feng remembered that at the Green Leaf village Zhao family, there wasn’t even a martial arts library.

The martial arts library was divided into 3 floors.

In the first floor there was a large quantity of martial arts, but most of them were low ranked, with a few middle ranked ones there as well.

The second floor apparently had the sects secret and traditional techniques. Most of them were of the high rank, there were even some peak ranked ones there!

However, to enter the second floor one needed one to be at least at the 4th rank of the martial path.

And the 3rd floor was just a rumour, as it had never been opened….

However, for Zhao Feng, the 2nd and 3rd floors were just too far away, even the 1st floor’s martial arts were something that he yearned for.

He had no background in the sect, and a person with no background or exceptional talent could not access higher ranked martial arts. The Flaming Metal Fists he had was only a core rank martial art, and it was even weaker than a low ranked martial art.

However, after breaking through to the 2nd rank of the martial path, he had the right to enter the 1st floor and choose a martial art.

“The Zhao sect, it is no wonder that it is one of the 3 big families of the Sun Feather city, which rides on top of several hundreds of other families.”

Zhao Feng stepped into the first floor, his breathing quickening.

At the first floor, he could see a few other Zhao disciples, but all of them were using their time to choose their own martial art skills.

According to the rules, those that entered the martial arts library only had half an hour to select.

So everyone that entered the martial arts library didn’t waste any time.

“I’ve got half an hour and I need to choose a middle rank martial art, or two low ranked martial arts.”

Zhao Feng took a deep breath, and scanned along the bookshelves.

The 1st floor of the martial arts library had several thousand books, and every book was half an inch thick. To find one or two martial arts from such a high amount was not easy.

“Rock Breaking Palm, Angered Dragon Fist, Leaf Picking Sword, Wind like foot……”

Different kinds of martial art skills made Zhao Feng’s eyes turn colourful.

Shuah! Shuah! …..

Zhao Feng flipped the pages of these martial art skills quickly to the 1st page.

These martial arts usually had their summaries on the first page.

Crazy Wing Blade Blade like the wind, powerful like lightning, uses speed to win. Minimum requirement is 1st rank of the Martial Path, to train this skill is average. Rank: Low.

Angered Dragon Fists Can increase the strength of the cultivator, can put all the power into one attack. Minimum requirement is 2nd rank of the martial path, to train this skill is quite hard. Rank: Peak of the Middle rank.

Wind like foot A close combat skill which uses speed to win. When trained to fullest potential, can fight against many people and not lose. Minimum requirements is 1st rank of the martial path, but needs high level of understanding. Rank: Middle.

Metal Sand: Increases the defence of the body. Under fully activation can go head to head with same rank opponent. Someone who can train it to a high level can use their body and fight against swords and blades. Minimum requirements is 2nd rank of the martial path and needs high will power. Rank: Middle.

………

“The martial arts library’s skills are stronger than the core ranked skills by far, just as expected…..”

Zhang Feng was extremely pleased, and the skills he saw were mainly middle rank ones.

After only looking through tens of books, his heart had already been moved several times.

However, the martial arts library had restrictions. He could only take out 1 middle rank martial art.

If I could only take out a few then that would be great…..

Zhao Feng felt unwilling and thought it was unfair, “Branch disciples can only choose one middle martial art whereas the main disciples can choose two.”

To increase his speed in choosing, Zhao Feng started to use his left eye.

With his left eye, his speed increased more than 10 times….

Shuah shuah shuah …..

Zhao Feng’s left eye used an incredible speed to look through these martial arts.

He only needed one look to understand it all.

Looking at over thirty books, Zhao Feng fully memorised the contents of them and compared them with one another.

When he had scanned over 50, Zhao Feng suddenly realised something…….

Not right!

Zhao Feng suddenly froze.

He went back to his memories of other books.

In his mind the contents of the book’s appeared and not a single word was wrong.

“This…..”

Zhao Feng felt himself tremble with excitement.

After merging with the left eye, Zhao Feng’s memory had increased as well, it could be said that he only needed to look at something once and would never forget it.

Especially when he activated his left eye, the contents of the books were as if they were burned into his mind.

Zhao Feng never thought that he would achieve the power of “never forgetting”.

There were many rumours about geniuses on Azure Flower Continent, and “never forgetting” was one of the attributes they had…..

However, “never forgetting” for most people was that their memory was good, they only needed to read it once and would remember 80-90 percent of the contents.

However, compared with Zhao Feng’s “never forgetting”, his was clearly much stronger; he was literally not able to forget.

With this power, at the martial arts library, it meant that Zhao Feng could take a “few more” books out.

“Fast, fast, fast!”

Zhao Feng had a look of excitement and started to memorise all the books he could.

Shuah shuah shuah ……

His concentration was put to max as he flipped through the pages as soon as he read them.

As long as the contents were looked at by his left eye, it didn’t matter if it was words or drawings, he memorised all of them.

It only took Zhao Feng 20 breaths of time to fully remember a book with 50 pages.

“Hahaha ……. Never forget! Good!”

Zhao Feng felt nice, but he seemed more insane as he ripped through the books.

His actions obviously caused some of the other disciples to look over.

“I think this guy’s gone crazy…”

“Maybe it is his first time going in and he is too excited…”

Some of the disciples looked at Zhao Feng’s actions and shook their heads.

Time passed by in a flash……

¾ of half an hour had already passed.

Hu!

Zhao Feng let out a long breath. He felt tired, but it still couldn’t stop the excitement in him.

At this point, he had “stolen” over 100 books of martial arts.

These martial arts were mainly middle ranked martial arts. It included Fists skills, Palm skills, Sword skills, Breathing skills, Footwork skills, Defence skills and many more.

Because Zhao Feng kept on using his left eye, his mind became tired.

Next, Zhao Feng’s left eye scanned around the area and landed upon an old martial art book.

The reason why he stopped here was because Zhao Feng felt that the materials this book was mode of were different from the rest.

Zhao Feng picked up this book and on the top were 3 words: Lightly Floating Ferry.

He flipped to the first page.

Lightly Floating Ferry High Rank martial art, can make the cultivator move through the snow without leaving marks, can drift across the river and make the person feel like a bird….. When trained high enough, the person can double jump and even fly for short moments! Minimum requirements is 2nd rank of the martial path and to train in this skill is very hard. In addition, inner strength will increase the force. Achieving the highest realm will let a person be the quickest out of everyone under the 7th rank of the martial path.

Zhao Feng fist thought that this was just an ordinary footwork skill, but after he saw “double jump”, and “added with Inner Strength”, his eyes twinkled.

“Double jump” exceeded the limits of Middle rank martial arts, even some High ranked ones cannot do that!

“In addition, inner Strength” meant that this skill was suited for martial artists above or at the 4th rank of the martial path.

And the most incredible part was: Achieving the highest realm will allow the person to have the fastest speed of all under the 7th rank of the martial path.

“What an exaggeration! Even some peak rank martial arts won’t have the courage to say this.”

Zhao Feng’s eyes shone and without hesitation, he started reading the contents of Lightly Floating Ferry.

He had a question in his heart though, why would such a strong skill be put at the bottom floor? And why would no one learn it?

Soon, Zhao Feng found the reason.

After flipping to ¼ of the book, the words started to blur out. The main reason was that the book was too old, and the book started to mould.

That meant that this book only had ¼ of its original contents.

“So unfortunate…..”

Zhao Feng was severely disappointed.

However, he did not give up and continued to use his left eye on the blurred out words.

Using all of his power on his left eye, Zhao Feng could just about see the words under the mould, this already exceeded a normal human’s eyesight by at least 20-30 times.

After reading 1-2 pages, Zhao Feng felt his mind go tired and his left eye felt as if they was no power left in it.

“If I take this back I can slowly read all of it’s later contents.”

Zhao Feng thought up to here, and then took Lightly Floating Ferry out of the 1st floor of the martial arts library.

“Lightly Floating Ferry? You want this book?”

The white-robed elder asked with scrunched eyebrows.

“Yes.”

Zhao Feng politely said.

“This book has been around for a thousand years and there are parts in it which exceed high rank martial arts by far.” After talking up to here, the white-robed elder’s voice turned: “However, only ¼ of this book can be seen. An important note: to fully train this in skill is super hard, even some geniuses cannot do it. Even if they do it….. Under the 4th rank of the martial path, the potential is restricted.

At last, the white-robed elder warned: “I’d advise you to change a book, or else you will never break through to the 4th rank of the martial path and become a true martial artist.”

“Thank you elder for your warning, but my heart is decided.”

Zhao Feng had a calm look on his face.

Looking at the Zhao Feng leave, the white-robed elder shook his head and said, “These youths nowadays all take the highest ranked book possible.”

He believed that Zhao Feng would not be able to fully learn Lightly Floating Ferry, and taking a step back, even if he could, what could a partially martial art book do?

Leaving the martial arts library, Zhao Feng returned home.

Sitting on his bed, he closed his eyes, and on inside of his mind the contents of around 100 martial art books quickly surfaced……
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 9:02pm On Jul 05
Chapter 6 – Choosing Martial Arts Skills (2)

Having such a big supply of martial arts gave Zhao Feng endless excitement. He couldn’t hold in his happiness and laughed with his head raised. Quite a period of time passed until he calmed down.

In Cloud Country, a middle rankmartial arts skill was worth a couple hundreds of silver, and the money Zhao Feng received per month was only 10 silver.

Of course he couldn’t take the sects skills out and sell them, if he did he would get punished, they would destroy his cultivation and then kick him out of the sect.

Zhao Feng “took” a hundred books out from the martial arts library; most of them were high class and all of them had at least a past person train it so he could use their experience.

However, to choose a few martial art skills from these books wasn’t easy.

It was good that all of these books were fully imprinted in his mind, because he only needed one thought to compare them against one another and choose the one most suitable for him.

A single martial art could increase his strength; with the combination of many martial arts, it could increase his cultivation.

Zhao Feng only used half an hour to choose 4 skills from the hundred books. They were:

Lightly Floating Ferry, Angry Dragon Fists, Air Pushing Breathing Technique and Continuous Meteorite Arrows.

Lightly Floating Ferry was definitely the highest rank skill out of them all, and Zhao Feng had a high chance of solving the missing words out after all.

After that came Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique, these skills also compensated with one another.

Angry Dragon Fists was one of the peak books of the middle rank, and the damage dealt by it was high. It compressed one’s strength all into one and the power was so incredible that it wasn’t weaker than some of the high ranked martial arts.

Zhao Feng had high expectations for Angry Dragon Fists because it increased one’s body strength.

Strong body strength was the foundation and minimum requirements for “Martial Path Inner Strength”.

Martial Path Inner Strength was something that made someone a true martial artist.

Air Pushing Breathing Technique was also a peak middle rank martial art. It increased one body strength, blood and body. When trained to a high level, there was a chance to understand “Martial Path Inner Strength”.

“Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique worked perfectly well together, and when used together the power of it is at least comparable to high ranked martial arts, and there was an increase in chance to understand “Martial Path inner strength”.”

Zhao Feng was overjoyed in his heart.

As for the last one, Continuous Meteorite Arrows, it was a skill close to high rank.

Why did he choose an arrow skill?

This was because it worked well with Zhao Feng’s left eye.

“If I do not learn an arrow skill, then I’d be sorry for my left eye…..”

Zhao Feng had a smile curl upon his lips.

It could be imagined, that with his left eye’s abilities, he’d be a natural “godly archer”, and if he perfected the arrows skill…….

After choosing the martial arts skills, Zhao Feng started to cultivate.

He first started with the Air Pushing Breathing Technique, as strong body and blood was the foundation of cultivation. The stronger one’s blood was, the damage from Angry Dragon Fists’s at close combat would be stronger.

Closing his eyes, Zhao Feng mind entered the contents of Air Pushing Breathing Technique.

A while later, his body’s blood started to move slowly……

“This easy?”

Zhao Feng was shocked.

According to the contents of Air Pushing Breathing Technique, most people that could move their blood needed at least 4-5 days, or even up to 10-15 days.

Could it be that I am a genius?

Zhao Feng thought a bit, and then disagreed with himself. Because if he was a genius, then it wouldn’t have been so hard for him to break into the 2nd rank of the martial path.

He realised that after merging with his mysterious left eye, his mind’s energy had increased…… His reaction speed, understanding and analysing speed all now exceeded that of normal people.

When he was learning the Air Pushing Breathing Technique, a “peh peh” sound came from Zhao Feng’s eyes.

At the same time, in the pitch black dimension, the 67 cm radius faint, green light was spinning at an increased rate.

Half a day later.

Zhao Feng had trained the Air Pushing Breathing Technique to the first level and his body gave off a faint disgusting smell of sweat.

He felt that his body’s strength had become stronger by 30%.

I did it?

Zhao Feng felt somewhat incredible.

Air Pushing Breathing Technique was divided into 3 levels, and once one trained to the peak of the third level, there was a chance to under “Martial Path Inner Strength”.

After another half day, Zhao Feng had already trained Air Pushing Breathing Technique to the peak of the first level and it was then the speed started slowing down.

He changed his mind and started training in Angry Dragon Fists which paired up with Air Pushing Breathing Technique.

As expected, with the foundation of Air Pushing Breathing Technique the speed of learning Angry Dragon Fists was very fast.

In only half a day’s’ time, Zhao Feng learnt all of the 81 moves to a beginning level.

Angry Dragon Fists had extreme power, especially when used with Air Pushing Breathing Technique, the exploding strength was incredible.

Zhao Feng secretly clicked his tongue.

The most surprising part was that after learning Angry Dragon Fists, the Air Pushing Breathing Technique broke through to the second level and even went a bit further…. The two skills accompanying each other had an incredible effect.

No wonder they’re perfect for each other!

Zhao Feng laughed in his heart.

For the next 4-5 days, Zhao Feng kept on learning Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Pushing Technique, and both of the skills trained at an incredible speed.

At this time, Zhao Feng’s cultivation was closing to the peak of the 2nd rank of the martial path.

“Just a bit longer and I can reach the peak of the 2nd rank…… then the 3rd rank won’t be far away either.”

Zhao Feng was full of expectations.

The next day, Zhao Feng left home and headed towards the martial arts library.

This was because “Lightly Floating Ferry” and “Continuous Meteorite Arrows” needed open space to practise.

…….

Soon, Zhao Feng arrived in a corner of the martial arts field.

This was a place where they practised with bows and arrows.

Shoosh!

An arrow left an afterimage in the air, and shot straight into the centre of the target 50 meters away.

“Great arrow skill! It is no wonder that Brother Zhao Yui is one of the sect’s top 3 godly archers”

“This arrow could probably break straight through the defence of a 3rd rank, and even kill muscular wild beasts.”

Excited shouting came from the side.

“Formidable!”

Zhao Feng just came in time and exclaimed.

He knew that the youth who was called “Zhao Yui” was famous for being a godly archer in the sect.

Shoosh shoosh shoosh ………

Zhao Yui pulled the string and shot out 5-6 arrows at lightning speed, which formed a ring around the centre’s red dot.

“Good! Great!”

The disciples around started cheering.

Zhao Feng didn’t pay any more attention because he felt that if he tried, he could also become a godly archer.

He went to an open space and picked up a random bow. He then squinted his eyes, as if he was aiming.

As soon as he picked up the bow the disciples around the field focused on him.

“Look…. Who’s that? He looks new.”

A disciple saw him and his eyes shone.

“Heh heh, this kid is called Zhao Feng and he came from a branch sect half a year ago. Not long ago, I heard that he offended Zhao Yijian who is ranked 3rd amongst the outer disciples. I also heard that his girl even left him now…..

There were some though who recognised Zhao Feng.

“Branch family disciple? Let us take a bet and see how many rings he can hit.”

A few disciples looked mockingly at Zhao Feng.

Even the goldly archer “Zhao Yui” was disturbed by this.

“Arrow skills needs talent and integrity. It is not something anyone who wants to learn it can learn.”

Zhao Yui was arrogant and faintly looked at Zhao Feng.

Zhao Feng did not bother with these people.

He barely used his left eye and the target 50 metres away in his vision became bigger and bigger…..

Shoosh—

The arrow string trembled and the arrow flew through the air, barely landing on the target but then fell off onto the ground.

If floated…..

Zhao Feng started sweating as this was his first time using a bow.

“Hahaha……”

The disciples around the field raised their heads and laughed.

Again.

Zhao Feng was calm. Missing on the first arrow was normal.

Next, he used more energy on his left arrow and merged the Continuous Meteorite Arrow skill into his heart.

Shoosh—

The second arrow went straight to the target and was one ring away from the middle.

9th Ring!

The field turned silent.

Those that were laughing had their faces freeze.

Even Zhao Yui’s eyebrows pushed together.

9th Ring, this was already very close to the centre.

To shoot 50 metres away and hit this was even good for some old archers.

“Luck! This must be luck!”

“You’re right! A beginner cannot shoot this accurately. His first arrow did not even hit the target.”

The disciples started laughing again and looked at Zhao Feng.

However, just before they finished their words the 3rd arrow shot through the air.

Shooosh—

The arrow shot out like lighting and hit the target.

Ta!

Dead centre!

The field turned silent once more.

Even Zhao Yui was shocked. They all had faces of confusion and stood there frozen.

“My luck is not bad.”

Zhao Feng gave a little smile

His lips curled once again into a smile as it was proven that he had an exceptional talent for the bow.

“Luck? What’s up with this guy?”

Most of the archers had queer faces on.

Any archer was a beginner from the start. However, it was their first time seeing someone with such luck.

“Kid! Take another shot!”

A few disciples said unwillingly.

“Yes! Take another shot!”

Most of them had excited looks on and started shouting.

Zhao Feng wanted to leave, but these people were unwilling to let him leave.

There were a few disciples that were the 3rd rank of the martial path, and most here were older than him.

“Fine.”

Zhao Feng shrugged his shoulders and then picked up the bow again.

TBC...
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 10:15pm On Jul 06
Chapter 7 – Luck Again?

Helpless, Zhao Feng picked up the bow again and slowly pulled the string.

“Looks at this kid’s stance, it is obvious that he is a newbie!”

“Hmph! If he hits the centre this time, I will write my name backwards.”

The archers on the field had excited faces and looked down upon Zhao Feng.

The person in the crowd who had the highest skill was Zhao Yui. He had a face full of confidence, “Archery skills are only improved by shooting infinite times. Only then will you become a peak archer.”

His words made those archers around nod in agreement.

Zhao Feng squinted his eyes, but did not use his left eye this time.

If he used his left eye, it would obviously hit dead centre.

Zhao Feng decided to go low key, so he just barely used his left eye.

At the same time, the Continuous Meteorite Arrows skill in his mind merged into his heart and became a part of him.

Every part of Zhao Feng’s body, even his breathing, started to have a small change.

These changes weren’t watched closely by the people.

However, being an exceptional archer, Zhao Yui’s eyes flashed.

Shoosh-

The bow shot out an arrow that whipped through the air, and like a meteorite, landed on the target.

Dead Centre!

“Another 10th ring!”

Zhao Feng had a wronged expression.

This time he didn’t even fully use his left eye, but only the skills of Continuous Meteorite Arrows

He thought that it was hard to get a good result, but did not know that he would still hit dead centre.

Ah!

He shook his head and sighed.

His actions made the disciples face’s go tense.

“Another dead centre, what is this guy!?”

“He’s got two dead centres now, how can someone be so lucky?”

These archers had confused expressions and were unwilling to believe.

“Ok, I have finished shooting, I am going to go now.”

Zhao Feng patted his clothes, then put down his bow and got ready to leave.

Looking at his back, all the archers around felt angry.

“Kid! Stop right there!”

A cold voice came from behind.

Zhao Feng stopped his footsteps and turned around.

The person who called him was Zhao Yui.

Zhao Yui had a face full of anger and his 3rd rank of the martial path made the people around him feel pressure.

Zhao Yui was 17-18 years old. The fact that he had higher cultivation (3rd rank) and was also bigger in size than Zhao Feng added some ferocity.

“I have already shot my arrow, what else do you want me to do?”

Although Zhao Yui was strong, and Zhao Feng didn’t have any confidence in winning. However, it did not mean he was scared of him.

“You are still acting!” Zhao Feng snorted: “You are not a beginner, you are just here to play us!”

After this was said, the archers around him all came to a realisation and nodded in agreement.

“No wonder this kid had so much luck, he was just a tiger pretending to be a pig!”

“Hmph, this guy dares to play us!”

The disciples around believed Zhao Yui’s words and started shouting at Zhao Feng with angry faces.

“Calm down everyone, this was indeed my first time shooting.”

Zhao Feng shook his head; he really wasn’t a tiger pretending to be a pig.

To get such a good result was not something that he expected.

Zhao Yui stared at him and twinkled his eyes: “Even I got tricked by the first two arrows. However, the 3rd arrow…. Your hand stance has obviously reached a high level. To shoot 50 metres and hit the centre twice in a row. What kind of beginner has this kind of luck?”

He had reason for his words. It did not matter if Zhao Feng had one hundred mouths, because he still wouldn’t be able to explain.

“What do you guys want?”

Zhao Feng’s face turned cold, if he could not explain then there was no point in explaining.

“Heheh kiddo, you have the nerve to play us. So we’re not gonna let you leave so easily.”

The disciples around all touched their fists and more and more people came crowding over.

…..

“Sister Yufei, that place seems popular, let us go over and see.”

Some of the sect’s girls’ were attracted by the attention given.

These girls’ ages were between 12 and 16.

One of them wore a purple dress. She had a face as white as snow and seemed fragile, but her beauty was incomparable.

“Too beautiful…. Who is she?”

One youth the same age as Zhao Feng stood dazzled and his eyes locked on to the girl.

“That’s the sect new genius “Zhao Yufei”!”

Most of the sect’s disciples knew the girl’s identity.

“She is only fourteen-fifteen years old and she is already at the peak of the 3rd rank of the martial path. She will be at the 4th rank soon and will then become a true martial artist.”

“This Zhao Yufei is not only pretty, but she also has exceptional talent.”

Some youths took back their eyesight and felt ashamed, as if they felt like they were not worthy of Zhao Yufei.

Zhao Yufei wasn’t only pretty, but also had a refreshing aura. She was like a flower.

Even Zhao Yui’s eye shone when he saw Zhao Yufei.

“It’s her……”

Zhao Feng also knew Zhao Yufei.

Zhao Yufei was also a branch disciple that came over half a year ago.

She had the same cultivation as Zhao Yijian, but she was younger!

It was hard to believe that someone from the branch family, under the resources she had, could achieve such a realm.

Maybe, this was a genius!

Some things couldn’t happen to normal people. For a genius however, they could with ease.

When Zhao Feng previously saw Zhao Yufei, he thought that she was beautiful. Being a normal youth of the same age, it was hard not to be attracted. However, at that time, Zhao Feng knew that with his cultivation and status, he and Zhao Yu Fei were 2 people from different worlds.

Seeing Zhao Yufei come over, Zhao Yui went over to warmly greet her.

Zhao Feng was composed, and looked straight at Zhao Yufei.

If it was before, and Zhao Feng was in front of this beautiful girl genius, he would think of himself as unworthy and would even be scared to look her in the eye.

Today however, he looked straight at her.

When he looked at her, Zhao Feng’s left eye subconsciously started to move.

Through his left eye, Zhao Yufei’s stunning figure was even clearer than before.

Yi!

Through this, Zhao Feng was shocked.

Slowly, Zhao Yufei’s clothes started to fade and he almost saw the snow white skin inside….

Obviously, his left eye did not have see-through abilities. Even if it did, it would be incredibly weak.

It was only because he had super-vision that he could see things more clearly.

The difference was that normal people’s vision stayed on something far away, whereas Zhao Feng’s vision could pull it closer and look at it under “zero distance”. That is why there was a certain “see-through” effect.

At this time, Zhao Feng’s left eye was pushed to its full capabilities and inside the pitch black dimension, the faint green glow spun faster.

Suddenly, Zhao Yu Fei’s clothes completely disappeared, even her body was almost fully see-through.

Zhao Feng’s left eye saw her blood circulating, he even saw the faint purple aura inside her veins.

“Zhao Yufei’s talent is so strong! She is going to have “Martial Path Inner Strength” soon……”

Zhao Feng was very surprised by this and took a long breath.

In terms of age, she was only older than him by a year, but she had already had achievements of some height. At the Azure Flower Continent, most of the “Martial Learners” stayed in the 3rd rank of the martial path forever as they were unable to understand “Martial Path Inner Strength” and become 4th rankers.

Zhao Yufei however, at the age of 14-15 had almost completely understood the concept of “Martial Path Inner Strength”. The days until she becomes a true martial artist were not far away.

“My left eye does not have a fully see-through ability, but I can still sense the blood and inner strength of those I look at.”

Zhao Feng’s eye jumped and this was the conclusion he gave after some thought.

At this time, the key focus, Zhao Yufei seemed to feel something and looked towards Zhao Feng. Zhao Feng did not hide but closed the ability of his left eye.

Zhao Yu Fei felt weird inside her heart as she a feeling of being stripped and having all her secrets seen.

“What happened here?”

Zhao Yufei took back her gaze and asked.

“Little sister Yu Fei, this is what happened…..”

Zhao Yui and the others exaggerated the whole incident.

“I see.”

Zhao Yufei looked at Zhao Feng.

Zhao Feng knew that under these conditions he would not be able to explain.

“Kid! Because of your past actions, you have caused a crowd outrage. I will give you a chance to apologise to everyone.”

Zhao Yui said arrogantly.

Apologise?

“I did not do anything wrong so why would I need to apologise?”

Zhao Feng clicked his tongue.

“If you apologise to us, then we will let this pass.”

Zhao Yui said like a gentlemen.

He was obviously going to perform well in front of this beauty.

“Apologise? Not possible.” Zhao Feng said: “Everything you said before was just what you thought yourselves.”

When he said this, everyone, even including Zhao Yu Fei, pushed their eyebrows together.

“This Zhao Feng is a bit too arrogant.”

Zhao Yufei now had a bad impression of Zhao Feng.

“You can argue well can’t you?”

Zhao Yui laughed instead of getting angry.

“If you do not apologise, then do not think that you will be able to leave.”

The disciples around started to close in on Zhao Feng.

“Using more to fight less?”

Zhao Feng had a face of mockery and glanced at Zhao Yufei.

Zhao Yui and his cronies all had their faces change.

In front of this genius and beautiful girl, they would obviously act as gentlemen, and using more to beat up less was not very good looking.

“Fine!”

Zhao Yui’s eyes twirled and had a trick up his heart: “We won’t use more to beat less…. You won’t need to apologise, but only if you can beat me in arrow skills.”

“That’s right! Since you are both archers, use your strength to talk.”

“Little sister Yufei can be the judge.”

Everyone agreed and started shouting.

Zhao Yui laughed in his heart, this was like shooting 2 birds with 1 arrow.

Through an arrow contest, he could make Zhao Feng apologise and not lose demeanour.

He could also show off his skills in front of Zhao Yufei, maybe even win her heart!

“Archery skills contest?”

Zhao Feng felt it was helpless to say anymore, “Fine, we talk with our strengths.”
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 10:16pm On Jul 06
Chapter 8 – Overpowered Archery Skills

Zhao Feng had caused a crowd outrage, so he did not even bother to explain what happened.

“Good! At least you have some guts.”

Zhao Yui was so happy since his plan succeeded this easily.

He first thought that Zhao Feng would fight back and need some encouragement, he didn’t know that he would accepted so easily.

And when Zhao Feng lost, all he needed to do was apologise, that left some space for him to back down.

“Little sister Yufei, how about you be the judge?”

Zhao Yui said as he smiled at Zhao Yufei.

In terms of talent and cultivation, Zhao Yufei was one of the top in the crowd, so she had the right to judge.

“Ok.”

Zhao Yufei nodded her head, but did not show much interest.

In her opinion, Zhao Yui was ranked 3rd for archery so Zhao Feng could not beat him.

Soon, the field had an open space.

The people who wanted to watch had increased to 30 people.

“We have little sister Yufei here today, so Zhao Yui is obviously going to use all of his skills.”

All the archers were full of anticipation.

Everyone had no doubt that Zhao Yui was going to win.

Instead of a contest, this would rather be a performance by Zhao Yui.

“Come!”

Zhao Yui called some youths over and they carried 4 targets over.

Soon, the 4 targets were arranged in a straight line, place in front of him.

Every target had a distance of 10 metres between them.

“Since there are so many people here today, I will show off my special move “Continuous Eagle Arrows”.

Zhao Yui had a face full of smiles.

Continuous Eagle Arrows?

The disciples around all had excited faces on.

Even Zhao Yufei showed a little interest.

In front of the crowd, Zhao Yui walked in front of the 4 targets.

Since there were 4 targets arranged in a straight line, using normal archery skills they could only hit the one at the front.

Zhao Yui took a deep breath and took out 4 arrows at once.

Is he going to….

Everyone was in shock.

At this time, Zhao Yui’s bow was pulled to the max, which formed a full moon that faced upwards.

4 arrows were all placed on the string.

Si!

Everyone took a cold breath.

At that moment.

Shoosh! Shoosh! Shoosh! Shoosh! —–

4 arrows rode through the air, formed 4 perfect arcs, and like eagles, pounced towards their targets.

Pah! Pah! Pah! …..

Almost at the same time, the 4 arrows hit the dead centre on the 4 targets.

Oh my god!

Everyone screamed at the sight.

“So arrows can be shot this way! They do not have to fly straight, they can curve! And due to gravity, they will fall on their targets…..”

Zhao Feng’s left eye recorded the routes perfectly.

The end result made his heart shook.

Continuous Eagle Arrows!

It took a long time before everyone finally calmed down.

“What high level of archery skill!”

Zhao Yufei’s eyes showed some shock.

“Thanks for watching.”

Zhao Yui saw Zhao Yufei’s reaction and laughed to himself.

“Kid! It is your turn!”

After Zhao Yui finished, all of their gazes turned towards Zhao Feng with eyes full of mockery.

No one believed that Zhao Feng’s archery skill would compare to Zhao Yui’s.

“Hmmm…. Let me think a bit….”

Zhao Feng picked up a bow and in his mind, Continuous Meteorite Arrows once again merged with his heart.

He analysed that for him to beat Zhao Yui was impossible, unless he had an extra few days of time.

So he couldn’t use normal ways to beat Zhao Yui.

Zhao Feng’s eyes scanned across the skies and then over the archery field as he decided on what he was going to do.

“Ok, I am going to start now.”

Zhao Feng slowly took out an arrow.

“The first arrow.”

He pulled back an arrow and shot carelessly into the sky.

What is this guy doing……

Everyone paused.

However, just at this time, a sound came from the sky.

Peh!

A black shadow dropped from the sky.

Everyone’s eyes turned wide because it was an eagle.

“This kid’s archery skills aren’t bad since he can shoot down the birds from the sky so easily.”

“Hmph…. Just little tricks.”

Zhao Yui had a face of disdain.

Indeed, although Zhao Feng did good, it was nothing compared to his “Continuous Eagle Arrows”.

Peng! Peng!

Zhao Feng shot out 2 more arrows…..

Every arrow he shot killed a bird.

“Kid! Do not show off your crappy skills, just hurry up and admit defeat.”

One archer said impatiently.

“Hmmm…. My hand feels it is good now.”

Zhao Feng did not bother with him, because he found the feeling just then.

Right after, he took a deep breath, and used all of his power on his left eye.

At that moment, his left eye glowed faint green.

Shoosh ——

Another arrow shot through the skies, fast as lightning.

Tah!

From the sky dropped another black shadow.

Zhao Yui laughed coldly but did not speak.

“Oh my god! This arrow shot down 2 birds.”

An archer exclaimed.

Zhao Yui heard that and looked over. Indeed there were 2 birds there.

One arrow, two birds!

Zhao Yui’s heart leapt; he never thought that Zhao Feng had such high archery skills.

Even Zhao Yui did not have much confidence in this, it depended on luck for him.

“The sparrows body is small and flies super fast. To shoot one arrow and kill both sparrows is on par with Zhao Yui’s “Continuous Eagle Arrows”.”

One archer said.

“This is just an appetiser.”

Zhao Feng gave a faint smile.

The crowd’s heart lept.

Could Zhao Feng still have higher skills?

Zhao Feng did not explain, but slowly lifted his bow and shot at a target 50 metres away.

What does this mean?

No one understood what that meant.

50 metres was 100 steps.

To shoot a target 100 steps away, even the centre, was nowhere near able to be compared with Continuous Eagle Arrows or One arrow, two birds.

Shoosh!

Zhao Feng’s arrows sliced through the air and landed on the target 50 metres out.

Peng!

The arrow didn’t even hit the centre; it only hit the outer edges.

Zhao Feng wiped his sweat and let out a long breath.

“Hahaha…. This arrow almost missed the target…”

The disciples all started laughing.

Zhao Yui also laughed.

Did Zhao Feng accidentally miss?

However, when they looked at Zhao Feng, he had a face full of confidence.

Being the judge, Zhao Yufei also had a questioning face.

She felt that Zhao Feng’s arrow wasn’t as easy as it looked.

“You go over and look.”

Zhao Feng said full of confidence.

The crowd walked over to see the arrow.

On the outer edges of a target lay an arrow; it still trembled.

Zhao Feng made an archer to pull the arrow.

Everyone stared at the arrow.

Soon, the arrow head was pulled out.

At the arrowhead was a pea-sized dead body with traces of blood…..

What is this!

“Oh my god…. This is a fly! A fly!”

One of the disciples screamed, shocked.

What!

Many archers eyeballs almost popped out from shock.

“Oh my god! To have a hundred step difference and kill a fly, how did he do this?”

“To see a fly 100 steps away is already so hard. The fly also flies randomly….”

“How…. how is this possible!?”

Zhao Yui’s face turned white and stared at the fly’s body, as if his soul was lost.

If he was lucky he would be able to shoot 2 birds with 1 arrow, but to kill a fly from a hundred steps away was impossible for him.

The fly was too small. Normal people could not even see the fly from a hundred steps away.

The archery contest ended here.

The winner was decided.

“The winner of this archery contest is Zhao Feng.”

Zhao Yufei quickly recovered from the shock and looked complexly at Zhao Feng.

This was her first time seriously sizing up Zhao Feng. The youth she saw was confident and had an appeal that surpassed many people of the same age.

“I can leave now, no?”

Zhao Feng walked towards the outside.

The crowd automatically opened a path for him.

Most people in the archery field learned how to shoot arrows. Zhao Feng’s archery skills subdued them, even Zhao Yui could not say anything.

After he walked out of the archery field, Zhao Feng let out a long breath. Today’s archery session benefitted him a lot.

As soon as Zhao Feng walked out of the archery field.

“Hahaha…. Zhao Feng, I finally found you!”

A cruel laughter sounded in front of him.

As soon as the words finished, three youths blocked Zhao Feng’s way.

The youth at the front had thick eyebrows and had a face of success.

It was Zhao Kun!

“Little bastard, last time I lost to you. This time however I am going to make you lose and beg for forgiveness.”

Zhao Kun licked his lips and his eyes had a certain amount of deadliness in them.

This time he was going to beat Zhao Feng fair and square, and also humiliate him.

Only because he lost to Zhao Feng in one move last time and felt humiliated…..

Zhao Feng found that the 2 helpers Zhao Kun brought were both at the 2nd rank of the Martial Path and were there to stop him from escaping.

“Sister Yufei, that Zhao Feng seems to have some trouble.”

One of the girls at Zhao Yufei’s side said.

At this time, most of the people from the archery field found the change that occurred here.

Zhao Yui had a gloating expression on his face…..

However, in front of these matters, Zhao Feng felt no fear and swiftly said: “Make your move.”

TBC...
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 1:32pm On Jul 07
Chapter 9 – Peak of the Second Rank

“Make your move.”

Zhao Kun felt like he had heard wrong, was this the same Zhao Feng as before?

Yi!

The moment his vision landed on Zhao Feng, his expressed changed. “No wonder you’re so confident…. It looks like you’ve broken through to the second rank of the Martial Path…. However, if that’s all you’ve got, then you’d better start begging for forgiveness now.”

Zhao Kun felt a little surprised by Zhao Feng’s 2nd rank of the Martial Path, but it didn’t affect his plans.

That was because Zhao Feng had reached the 2nd rank not long ago, and Zhao Kun himself had reached the peak of the 2nd rank a year or two ago.

He also had high ranked martial art skills.

“Please stop chattering, my time is limited.”

Zhao Feng coldly said.

“Kid! Don’t be arrogant!”

Zhao Kun suddenly turned his four limbs and body into a weird stance, and like a poisonous snake, bit towards Zhao Feng.

In a flash, Zhao Kun’s used his Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake . In terms of speed and power, it far exceeded that of Zhao Feng

“Zhao Kun has probably already trained the Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake to a low level.”

On the archery field, Zhao Yufei had a moved and slightly shocked face.

Being one of the sects’ genius, she obviously had major support from the sect and so, naturally, had access to high rank martial art skills.

The higher the rank of a skill was, the harder it was to train in it.

Once a high rank skill had been trained to the low level, the power would be stronger than when one trained a middle ranked skill to a high level.

“What speed! The damage is at least 50% higher than before!”

Zhao Feng was also surprised by Zhao Kun, but his left eye’s reaction speed could still see the route of Zhao Kun’s move.

“Angry Dragon flipping the River!”

Zhao Feng shouted aloud and stomped both feet downwards. Under the Air Pushing Breathing Technique, he put his power into both of his arms.

Zhao Kun suddenly realised that the opponents power was rapidly increased.

And then he became more shocked as Zhao Feng put even more power into “Angry Dragon flipping the River”.

The 3rd stance of Angry Dragon Fists – Angry Dragon flipping the Rivers!

At that moment, Zhao Feng was like a dragon as his fists punched downwards.

Peh!

The first punch made Zhao Kun’s body shudder and almost caused him to spit out blood.

His Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake was about cunningness and flexibility. It’s forte wasn’t in fighting straight on.

Zhao Feng’s fists however felt like they knew where he was going to move and always hit his weak spots.

Peh peh peh ——

Using Air Pushing Breathing Technique, Zhao Feng had already trained “Angry Dragon flipping the River” to a high degree.

“Ahhhhh……….”

Zhao Kun was hit by the outstanding power and landed on the ground, kneeling. His arms felt numb and blood was leaking from his mouth.

“You’ve lost.”

Zhao Feng exited the fighting ring.

As they fought, Zhao Feng had used his left eye and clearly saw Zhao Kun’s attacking routes. He had also seen some errors in Zhao Kun’s high rank martial art, which meant that it was yet to be perfected.

Zhao Feng felt that Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique co-ordinated together to an unimaginable degree, it could already beat some 3rd rank people.

“How is this possible….. My skill is a high ranked one!”

Zhao Kun crawled on the ground and screamed.

The whole fight only lasted for two breaths.

One move!

Zhao Kun lost!

The disciples in the archery field looked on in shock.

Although they had the same rank, to win in one move was too exaggerating, especially when the loser had used a high rank skill.

As she sent Zhao Feng away with her eyes, Zhao Yufei murmured: “I knowAngry Dragon Fists, it’s a powerful move within the sect and could be comparable to high ranked skills, but it is very hard to learn. I think he also trains in another skill and use it with Angry Dragon Fists, which allowed the power to almost double.”

“Sister Yufei, how did Zhao Kun lose when his cultivation and skill were both higher?”

A girl next to her asked.

“Moves are dead, but people are alive. Zhao Kun’s use of the Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake was extremely bad and he has only learned the first three moves, which is far off from his older brother “Zhao Gan”. Also, his battle consciousness is nowhere near that of Zhao Feng’s.” Zhao Yufei then paused for a bit before she said: “Also, Zhao Feng has learned two skill that are very close to being high ranked ones, and trained them to a very high level. Under the usage of these two skills, his strength exceeded that of Zhao Kun.”

After the girl listened to Zhao Yu Fei’s analysis, she exclaimed: “Zhao Feng is so strong!”

“Haha… apparently Zhao Kun’s brother “Zhao Gan” is ranked 5th amongst the outer disciples. We just do not know if he will help his brother take revenge.”

……

“So much trouble!”

Zhao Feng shook his head and left the martial arts field, later on he arrived at an open forest in the sect.

He came here to train in the most mysterious footwork skill – Lightly Floating Ferry.

Lightly Floating Ferry was, without a doubt, the skill with the highest rank amongst those he had. The problem was that it was partially ruined and was very hard to learn.

“When Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique are used together the damage is awesome. I just do not know how Lightly Floating Ferry will be.”

Zhao Feng was full of expectations.

The same day, he started to ponder about Lightly Floating Ferry.

When he concentrated, the faint green glow inside his left eye’s pitch black dimension spun faster and faster.

Zhao Feng felt that although some of Lightly Floating Ferry’s moves were burned into his mind, which made it easier for him to understand, it was not as simple to learn as Angry Dragon Fists or Air Pushing Breathing Technique.

“Lightly Floating Ferry is harder to learn than a peak middle ranked skill by at least two to three times….”

This was the conclusion given after he compared the skills.

Although it was hard, it did not stump him.

Zhao Feng only used 2-3 days to understand the first ¼ of of Light Floating Ferry at a beginner standard.

He only used 6 days to achieve the “beginning level”.

Normal skills had 4 ranks that depended on how well trained one was in it.

These were: Beginner, Low, High and Peak level.

Beginner level equaled 30% of the max skill

Low level equaled 50%.

High level equaled 70%.

Peak level equaled 90% or higher.

Like Angry Dragon Fists, Zhao Feng easily trained it to High level.

Lightly Floating Ferry had also been trained to beginner level in the same amount of time, but it was only the first ¼ of the skill.

Sou!

Zhao Feng’s body flashed, his body as light as a bird as he floated 4-5 metres on air.

Teng! Teng!

His feet pushed off the branches and felt fabulous as he flew.

At that moment, Zhao Feng was like a bird that happily flew through the forest.

“I have only trained Lightly Floating Ferry to the beginner level, but the speed of it far surpasses most middle ranked skills that have been trained to a high level.”

It could be seen that Lightly Floating Ferry far exceeded most high ranked martial art skills.

When there was extra time, Zhao Feng did not forget to slowly decipher the rest of the book. Now he had deciphered one-third of the last ¾. (Aka, another quarter of it)

The only problem was that it took a lot of mental energy to do so.

This meant that ½ of Lightly Floating Ferry could now be learned.

After Lightly Floating Ferry reached a beginner level, Zhao Feng started to train in Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique again.

This was because, although Lightly Floating Ferry was a high rank martial art skill, it only helped with his footwork and didn’t increase his cultivation much.

After training in a high rank skill such as Lightly Floating Ferry and then going back to training Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique, Zhao Feng felt that it had become easier and smoother.

After two days.

Air Pushing Breathing Technique had broken through to the 3rd level.

Angry Dragon Fists had reached the peak level.

At this time, Zhao Feng closed his eyes and felt the power that coursed through his body. His strength was stronger than when he first reached the 2nd rank by more than 50%.

Inside his left eye’s dimension, the faint green glow radius had extended from 67cm to 98cm.

“It looks like my cultivation has reached the peak of the 2nd rank. I just need one more step to breakthrough into the third rank.”

Zhao Feng took a deep breath and controlled his excitement.

It had only been half a month since he reached the 2nd rank.

This cultivation speed was just too surprising!

The thing that made him most surprised was that the Air Pushing Breathing Technique as it reached the 3rd level.

Once Air Pushing Breathing Technique reached the peak of the 3rd level there was a chance to understand Martial Path Inner Strength and that was the key point for becoming a true martial artist.

Zhao Feng never thought that he would reach the 3rd level of Air Pushing Breathing Technique this fast.

This made his strength far surpass the others who were also at the 2nd rank. He could now be compared to a 3rd rank!

By only using half a month, Zhao Feng’s strength had doubled.

All of this was due to the mysterious eye.

Zhao Feng believed that his once normal destiny was changing…..

That night, Zhao Feng started to set his life goals.

His first goal was to perform well at the family sparring contest one and a half month later.

At that time he would fairly and squarely beat Zhao Yijian and spar with the true genius’ of Sun Feather City.

“The change in my left eye allows for me to have a high level of understanding, and the only thing stopping me from becoming a genius in the sect is…… cultivation resources.”

Zhao Feng analysed.

Since he merged with his left eye, his mental energy and analysis speed had increased. He also became more calm.

The only problem was, how to gain cultivation resources?

Zhao Feng’s cultivation speed was fast, but it was still hard to break past the peak of the 2nd rank.

However, if he had enough resources, this barrier could be easily broken through.

“Got it!”

Zhao Feng’s eyes twinkled and soon he had an idea. His lips curled into a confident smile.
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 1:33pm On Jul 07
Chapter 10 – Sky Cloud Forest

Night.

Inside a fancy building at the Zhao Sect.

“Elder brother! You’ve got to help me! Zhao Feng made me lose face and he is just a lowly branch disciple!”

Zhao Kun bit his teeth and said with murderous intent.

He had lost twice in a row to a branch disciple, he did not have the face to leave his house.

“Trash!”

Inside the room sat a slim, leopard like, short-haired youth.

This was Zhao Kun’s older brother, Zhao Gan.

“Elder brother, I am begging you. You have got to help me.”

Zhao Kun was full of fear and hatred.

He was afraid of his brother.

Ever since he was born, Zhao Gan had bullied him.

He felt useless as Zhao Gan was always better than him at everything.

Zhao Gan had now reached the peak of the 3rd rank of the Martial Path and had already trained the Thirteen Changes of the Poisonous Snake to the 6th change, which allowed for him to rank top 5 out of the outer sect disciples.

Even three or five of Zhao Kun weren’t his brother’s opponent.

…….

The morning of the second day.

Zhao Feng got out of bed early and started to practice Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique.

These two martial art skills were the ones that Zhao Feng mainly trained in.

“I still have some way until I reach the 3rd rank of the Martial Path.”

Zhao Feng practiced for half an hour and acted on yesterday’s “plans”, walking towards the money room of the sect.

According to the rules, Zhao Feng could get ten pieces of silver per month.

“I haven’t taken this month’s money yet.”

Zhao Feng soon arrived at the money room.

“Zhao Feng, second rank of the Martial Path, branch disciple, monthly money of twenty silver.”

The accountant said expressionlessly.

Twenty pieces of silver?

Zhao Feng took over the money and exchanged his thanks.

After reaching the second rank, his monthly allowance had doubled.

Although a monthly allowance of twenty silver could let a whole family eat and sleep without worrying, it was nothing for martial artists.

Some expensive cultivation resources that could increase one’s cultivation speed and help breakthrough realms easily exceeded thousands of pieces of silver.

Any of the resources rich disciples ate casually exceeded thirty years of normal disciples’ allowances.

“Twenty pieces of silver…..”

Zhao Feng took a deep breath and holding his silver, left the Zhao sects territory and headed towards the market of Sun Feather City.

He used to give the money he got to his parents to help them out.

This time however, he did not do that. Instead he took the silver and left.

Soon after, Zhao Feng stepped into Sun Feather’s City’s largest market.

A weapon’s shop in the city.

“Shopkeeper, how much is this “Heavy Metal Bow”?”

Zhao Feng finally decided after taking a long time.

“This Heavy Metal Bow is extremely powerful. It can shoot up to one hundred and fifty metres. Twenty pieces of silver, no bargaining.”

The shopkeeper said as he smiled.

He had seen the “Zhao sect” symbol on Zhao Feng’s clothes.

At Sun Feather City, the Zhao sect, Qiu sect, and the Xin sect were the three largest families and had total dominance within the city.

“Twenty pieces of silver?”

Zhao Feng crossed his eyebrow and deeply said, “Can it be a little cheaper?”

The shopkeeper smiled faintly: “Fine, I will give you the lowest price, eighteen pieces of silver.”

“Fifteen! I am low on money, but when I get more I will double the money and give it to you.”

Zhao Feng said with honesty.

“Fifteen pieces? That’s probably a bit low, there is almost no profit……”

The shopkeeper seemed to have a little difficulty, but maybe seeing the honesty in Zhao Feng’s eyes, he bit his lips: “Fine, hopefully you keep your promise because this shop is also under the Zhao sect’s territory.”

“Thank you.”

Zhao Feng said gratefully.

He never realised that this shop was under the Zhao sect.

Soon, Zhao Feng bought the bow at a price of fifteen silver and also bought some arrows and food.

Now, Zhao Feng had no money left.

“Hopefully it won’t fail….”

Zhao Feng murmured to himself and soon left Sun Feather City.

Teng!

As soon as he left Sun Feather City, Zhao Feng used Lightly Floating Ferry to move. His speed was even faster than most normal horses.

Two hours later, Zhao Feng finally arrived at his destination, the Sky Cloud Forest.

“Sky Cloud Forest” was the County of Cloud’s biggest forest. It’s area even spanned across over ten other countries.

Being the largest forest of the surrounding countries, “Sky Cloud Forest” had many dangerous wild beasts, and near the centre of it there were high level “deadly beasts”.

Deadly beasts were far stronger than wild beasts. They had been affected by spiritual energy, and had therefore slowly changed into powerful beings.

A few strong deadly beasts could easily destroy a village. Only true martial artists could fight them.

Zhao Feng came to the Sky Cloud Forest, obviously not to try finding deadly beasts as he still wanted to live.

His goal was simple, hunting to earn money!

Some strong wild beasts inside the Sky Cloud Forest had expensive furs and other materials.

E.g, a fully-grown bear could sell for two to three hundred silver.

However, a fully-grown bear’s strength far exceed normal second rankers. Only third rankers could win against it.

Obviously, Zhao Feng’s target wasn’t a bear or a large sized wild beast.

“Although large sized wild beasts are worth a lot of money, their mass is too big. I cannot carry many back and forth.”

Zhao Feng had already made his plans.

Teng!

His body was like a feather as he used the branches to propel himself forward.

Soon, Zhao Feng landed on top of a hundred meter tall tree.

This tree was higher than it’s surroundings, giving Zhao Feng dominant vision.

If he hadn’t learnt Lightly Floating Ferry then being at this height would make his heart beat rapidly.

As he stood on the tree, Zhao Feng used his left eye to survey his surroundings.

Shuah!

That moment, his left eye went into super-vision mode. Everything within five or six miles was clearly seen by him.

Zhao Feng first had to confirm whether there were any dangerous wild or deadly beasts around.

Soon Zhao Feng understood the situation within five to six miles.

There were twenty beasts that threatened him, and only one of them were close to him. Luckily, there weren’t any deadly beasts.

“I am starting now.”

Zhao Feng took a deep breath then slowly pulled out his heavy metal bow.

Shou—–

As the bow string trembled, the arrow hit a golden-spotted snake one hundred metres away.

Si!

The golden-spotted snake jumped up and spat out snake language in a fearsome manner.

However, Zhao Feng’s arrow skills were perfect, and directly hit its vitalities.

The golden-spotted snake thrashed slightly but soon died.

“Golden Striped Snake, super poisonous beasts that can threaten even third rankers.”

Zhao Feng slightly let out a breath and wiped his sweat.

If they were fighting straight on, the golden striped snake had a high chance of kill him as it was extremely fast and poisonous.”

However, Zhao Feng had also gained a lot.

The golden striped snake’s teeth and liver parts were extremely expensive.

After killing the “golden striped snake”, Zhao Feng used his left eye to find new targets.

Shou ———-

Suddenly, Zhao Feng heard a screech in mid air.

A metal-mouthed eagle, with a wingspan of one meter, easily killed a wolf that was of the second rank.

Zhao Feng had a solemn face. The metal-mouthed eagle was called “Metal Pecking Eagle”, and was extremely famous in the Sky Cloud Forest. Its strength easily exceeded that of normal second rankers and flew freely in the air. It almost had no natural enemies.

“Metal Pecking Eagles are extremely fast. Its feathers and defense are also strong. It is almost a deadly beast. One would be worth seven to eight hundred pieces of silver.”

Zhao Feng thought as he used his left eye to target the metal pecking eagle.

This time, he took out an arrow coated with poison.

Zhi~

The heavy metal bow was soon pulled to the max…

TBC...
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 10:02pm On Jul 07
Chapter 11 – Green Headed Tiger King

Shoosh—–

An afterimage was left behind as the arrow pierced through the air, heading towards the “Metal Pecker Eagle” that was in midair. This arrow contained the Continuous Meteorite Arrows skill and followed the route set by his left eye.

“Screeeeech——-”

An angry screech was heard coming from the eagle. Zhao Feng then saw the eagle charge towards him, with the arrow still lodged in its stomach.

“Not good!”

Seeing this, Zhao Feng’s expression changed and he quickly used Lightly Floating Ferry to escape towards the hedges.

Although Zhao Feng’s arrow had hit the target, it did not hit any vital parts.

The Metal Pecker Eagle’s reaction, flying speed and defense all far surpassed that of normal beasts. It was on par with deadly beasts. So this arrow did not cause any life threatening damage.

Teng!

Zhao Feng was like an agile bird as he flew through the forest.

Nevertheless, his left eye did not forget to lock onto the the eagle.

Shou——-

Soon, another arrow was shot out. However, although this arrow hit the eagle in the throat, it did not manage to pierce through its feathers.

“The throat is usually the weakness of normal beasts. From the fact that it did not pierce through, it can be seen that the defense of this eagle is insane.”

Zhao Feng stalled for a little while and then saw the Metal Pecker Eagle fall towards the ground. This was because the arrows that Zhao Feng had shot contained poison, and now the poison had spread, killing the eagle.

Zhao Feng let out a deep breath and revealed happiness on his face. This Metal Pecker Eagle was worth seven to eight hundred silver.

Adding in the Golden Striped Snake, Zhao Feng’s wealth now exceeded over a thousand pieces of silver.

He had never come across such wealth in his entire life.

“However, the silver I have is still not enough for me to buy precious resources.”

Although Zhao Feng was excited, he quickly calmed down.

For the next three days, Zhao Feng’s body could be seen travelling around inside the Sky Cloud Forest.

Every time Zhao Feng pulled his bow, a scream of pain would soon follow.

“Five Poison Centipede, extremely poisonous. Can be used to make wine and strengthen one’s body. Worth two-hundred silver……..”

“Green Wind Bird, strength is around the peak of the third rank. Worth nine-hundred silver…..”

“Black-spotted Wild Pig, strength approaching the third rank. Worth four-hundred silver……”

To kill as many beasts as possible, Zhao Feng used Lightly Floating Ferry and Continuous Meteorite Arrows to the highest degree possible.

Through these efforts, Lightly Floating Ferry had been trained to the low level.

His speed probably exceeded all the sects third rankers and was now close to the fourth rankers.

Continuous Meteorite Arrows had easily been trained to the peak of the high level.

Zhao Feng could not help but think that he was a born archer.

If he were to face the Metal Pecker Eagle again, he would only needed one hit to kill it.

For the last three days, he had gained a lot. He had killed another two Metal Pecker Eagles, as well as seven to eight other different beasts.

“The beasts I now have are, in total, worth around three to four thousand silver.”

Zhao Feng had a satisfied expression on his face as he organised his two big bags.

On the way back he still used his left eye to hunt prey.

This was because his vision was blocked by trees so he could not guarantee that there weren’t any targets that he would miss.

Roar————

At this moment, a powerful roar came from the north side of Sky Cloud Forest. This roar made Zhao Feng ear’s burst with pain.

“What kind of beast is this? It’s so powerful.”

Zhao Feng quickly used his left eye and saw that, four or five miles away, there was a five metre long Green Headed Tiger.

The Green Headed Tiger was bigger than normal tigers by half its size and gave off a devastating aura. Its roar caused all the animals within a ten kilometre radius to tremble with fear.

Five or six youths, who had cultivations between the second and third rank of the Martial Path, were running away in fear.

“Everyone run in different directions!”

The leader of the group was a youth who had a scarred face. He seemed to be fifteen or sixteen years of age and had reached the peak of the third rank. He held a long sword that could easily cut a tree in half in order to stall the tiger.

Boom!

The tiger waved his paws and the tree shattered.

“The strength of deadly beasts is so dangerous.”

Zhao Feng thought.

Once a wild beast entered the ranks of a deadly beast, only martial artists of the fourth rank or higher could fight them.

The strength of the tiger king could flatten two or three Zhao Feng’s in one paw.

“Xin Fei! Watch out!” Some of the youths yelled.

The Green Headed Tiger King was heading straight towards the scarred face youth, who had the strongest strength.

“They’re surnamed Xin? Are they disciples of the Xin family, which is also one of the top three families of Sun Feather City?”

Zhao Feng then saw the symbols on their clothes which confirmed his guess.

Boom——

Everywhere the Green Headed Tiger King passed, destruction soon followed, as if nothing could withstand its might.

Normal martial learners would probably have died due to fear. Zhao Feng however realised that this “Xin Fei” was extremely strong. He had learned a knife throwing skill as well as a footwork skill and they were both high rank martial arts.

“This Xin Fei’s knife can easily slice through trees. His strength is probably double that of normal third rank cultivators. He is probably even stronger than Zhao Yijian.”

“Quickly! Save Xin Fei!”

Two other disciples of the Xin family took out their bows and attacked the Green Headed Tiger.

However, all their attacks did was stall and disperse the tiger’s concentration.

The tiger’s defense was stronger than the Metal Pecker Eagle’s by two or three time, so all the attacks that came from cultivators beneath the fourth rank only felt like a tickle.

“If I can kill this Green Headed Tiger King, it will probably be worth around twenty to thirty thousand silver, which is the worth of around forty beasts.”

Zhao Feng thought out a dangerous plan.

Teng! Teng! …..

He immediately used Lightly Floating Ferry and closed in towards the place of the incident. As Zhao Feng arrived, the six disciples of the Xin family were under great pressure.

“Cracking Wind Sword!”

Xin Fei eye’s flashed as he used his long sword to stab towards the forehead of the tiger.

What a dangerous sword!

Zhao Feng saw the entire process of the sword, it power could instantly kill two normal cultivators of the third rank. Not even he would be able to block it.

He also felt the faint green aura inside of Xin Fei’s body. This was the sign that Inner Strength would soon be formed.

Shuah——

The sword was able to cut half an inch into the Green Headed Tiger’s head, but the forced of it made Xin Fei vomit blood.

That sword’s strength came close to the damage dealt by a fourth ranker. It was even able to hurt a deadly beast!

Roar——

The Green Headed Tiger howled and then moved towards Xin Fei at an even greater speed.

Xin Fei had reached the peak of the third rank and, by using his high rank martial art skill, he dodged the attack.

However, his sword attack also used up a lot of energy, almost falling victim to the tiger’s counterattack.

“Cracking Wind Sword!”

Covered with blood, Xin Fei once again used the same move and left another bloody mark on the tiger’s forehead.

His body was once again sent flying.

Roar!

The green headed tiger king opened its jaws and leapt towards Xin Fei. The latter was exhausted and could not dodge.

“Xin Fei!”

The other disciples screamed, but just at this moment.

Sou—–

Suddenly, an arrows whipped through the air, straight through the branches and leaves, hitting the tiger.

Roar——–

The tiger mournfully howled. At that moment, every living thing trembled.

The Xin disciples looked on in a daze as one of its eyes had been shot by an arrow…..

Although the defense of the tiger was strong, its eyes were its weakest part.

Because the tiger turned around to find the “culprit” Xin Fei was able to escape.

However, as it surveyed its surrounding, where was the sign of the culprit?

“So close!”

Zhao Feng hid behind a towering, ancient tree, which was only one hundred metres away from the tiger.

As the tiger was trying to find the culprit, the Xin family disciples started to run.

However, since the tiger could not find its target, it started to attack in a more frenzied manner.

“Ahhhhhh………”

There was a scream as one of the youths of the second rank was ripped into shreds. This view made Zhao Feng, who wasn’t far away, feel cold.

Just as another of the Xin family disciples were in danger..

Sou———-

Another arrow came flying through the air, piercing towards the tiger’s other eye.

Roar!

The tiger roared and then closed its eyes, the arrow was barely able to scratch its eyelids.

“Ai…”

Zhao Feng sighed as he shook his head.

It wasn’t that his archery skills weren’t high enough, it was because the tiger was on guard, making it hard for the same trick to succeed again.

“Cracking Wind Sword!”

Using the short time gap, Xin Fei quickly powered another sword attack and hit the same spot as before.

“Good chance.”

Zhao Feng’s eyes flashed as he drew more arrows and fired them. Every time he shot an arrow, it would hit the injury on the tiger’s forehead.

Eventually, the tiger’s attack rate slowed down. Firstly, it was because it was severely injured. Secondly, there was poison in the arrows.

At this point, the tiger turned and ran towards the deep sections of Sky Cloud Forest.

“Follow!”

The Xin disciples bit their teeth and vowed to kill the tiger in order to avenge their peers.

Although the tiger was severely injured, its speed was not something that cultivators of the second and third rank could catch up to.

Only Xin Fei was barely able to catch up, but as he was exhausted he did not have much spare energy.

“Hahaha! What a good chance……. Where are you going to run?”

Zhao Feng laughed as he used Lightly Floating Ferry to easily catch up to the tiger.

In his eyes, the tiger represented an enormous wealth of twenty to thirty thousand silver…
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 10:04pm On Jul 07
Chapter 12 – Splitting the money

“Look! That person seems to be one of the Zhao family disciples!”

The other Xin disciples looked at Zhao Feng who was following the tiger. Xin Fei looked at Zhao Feng’s back and murmured, “What a high level of footwork! His speed is not even slower than mine when I go full out! His archery skills are not bad either……”

“Hmph! He’s just a guy who fires cold arrows! He better not let us catch up, or else……”

A youth, who was at the third rank, coldly said. This youth’s strength was placed after Xin Fei’s.

His words were immediately agreed upon by the others, “You are right! That kid let us be the bait and fired his own arrows while hiding!”

“Xin Gang, that person saved our lives.”

Xin Fei shook his head.

Just at this moment, a few miles out, the last roar of the “Green Headed Tigers” sounded…..

The expressions of the Xin family disciples changed. Without even thinking about it, they knew that the tiger must have died.

“Quick!”

The youth named Xin Gang charged towards the direction of the sound.

At the same time, three or four miles out in the east direction.

Hu!

Zhao Feng leaned against a tree and breathed heavily. Downwards, the five metre long tiger had a few arrows stuck in its forehead. Not long ago, the tiger was a ferocious being. Now however, it had no life left…..

Zhao Feng on instinct tried to take out another arrow but then realised that there were none left.

Teng!

Zhao Feng floated towards the corpse and went into deep thought.

Shua!

His left eye locked in on the Xin disciples who were two miles out. Zhao Feng stood still and did not move to touch the corpse. It wasn’t that he did not want to, it was just a bit hard for him to do so.

The tiger’s body weighed around three tons and was hard to move. Also, the tiger king’s skin was tough to cut.

Soon the five Xin disciples arrived.

“Kid! Move quickly! This is ours!”

Xin Gang, who was at the front, arrogantly said.

He was wary of Zhao Feng’s strength at first, but when he saw that Zhao Feng was only a second ranker, he obviously didn’t put Zhao Feng in his eyes anymore.

Although they had lost one person, and Xin Fei was exhausted, they still had two people of the second rank and two more of the third.

Zhao Feng stood his ground and mockingly looked at Xin Gang.

He was only wary of Xin Fei.

“Xin Gang! He saved our lives! We can discuss how to split the tiger.”

Xin Fei said slowly as he arrived.

Zhao Feng looked at him praisingly, “Just as I thought. The tigers corpse is this big, and I do not have to tools to cut it, nor the strength to carry it away.”

Xin Fei had put a lot of power into killing this tiger. They had also lost one person. Although Xin Gang was somewhat unwilling, he still agreed. Soon they started discussing how to split the tiger.

“Two-eight. The Xin family will take eight.”

Xin Gang said with an iron tone.

“Hmph! Twenty percent is already too much for this kid!”

The rest of the Xin family all had faces full of disdain.

“Two-eight? Hahaha……”

Zhao Feng laughed immediately.

“Kid! What are you laughing about? I want to hear how much you want to take!”

“Two-eight. I get eight….. You get two!”

Zhao Feng said. At first he wanted to split it five-five, but he did not think that the Xin family would have such an attitude.

“Don’t be arrogant! I’ll see how strong you are!”

Xin Gang laughed and pulled out his sword.

“Stop!”

Xin Fei tried to stop him but it was too late.

“Illusion Wind After-Image!”

Xin Fei was like a wind that whirled towards Zhao Feng.

“It is the high rank martial art Broken Wind Sword!”

“That kid is dead now. Xin Gang had already trained the first six moves of Broken Wind Sword to the low level.”

The Xin disciples had sympathetic expressions.

“Small tricks!”

Zhao Feng didn’t retreat but instead moved forward.

What speed!

Everyone, including Xin Fei, only saw Zhao Feng turn into a blur.

Not good!

Xin Gang’s Illusion Wind After-Image missed and Zhao Feng was closing in on him at an insane speed.

“Angry Wind After-Image!”

Xin Gang shouted as he used another attack.

“Angry Dragon Breaking the Sky!”

Zhao Feng put all of his strength into his fists. The moment he merged Angry Dragon Fists and Air Pushing Breathing Technique together, his power increased by more than double.

“What strength!”

Xin Gang felt as if a volcano was erupting. Zhao Feng’s strength almost surpassed the strength of third rankers.

Peh!

A loud explosion sounded as Xin Gang and Zhao Feng clashed.

Wah!

Xin Gang spit blood as he was hit by the first punch.

The second punch.

Bang!

His silver sword was knocked flying.

The third punch.

Boom———

His whole body flew out and left an imprint of him on a tree.

What power!

So strong!

The other Xin disciples stood there dazed. They never thought that someone who had the power of the peak of the third rank would lose in one move to a second rank Zhao sect disciple.

“Strong.”

Xin Fei, who wasn’t far away, asked, “May I know your name?”

“Zhao Feng.”

Zhao Feng casually took back his fists.

“Kid! You were just lucky this time!”

Xin Gang crawled up from the ground, “I’ve been fighting the tiger and am exhausted. Next time you won’t have such luck.”

“Luck?”

Zhao Feng gave off a faint smile. Although Xin Gang was injured, Zhao Feng believed that he could still beat him at his peak. The only one he was wary of was Xin Fei.

Xin Fei’s strength had almost reached the fourth rank. When he used all of his strength it could even damage the Green Headed Tiger King, not to mention third rankers.

“Xin Gang! You are not his opponent! Do you not think that you have already lost enough face?”

Xin Fei slowly turned towards Zhao Feng. Suddenly, his body gave off a frightening fighting will. Zhao Feng’s heart jumped, “Did Xin Fei already recover?”

Of course, if Xin Fei did not have sixty-percent of his strength, then Zhao Feng wasn’t afraid of him. After being in such a state, it was obvious that Xin Fei had yet to fully recovered.

“Your fist skill has almost reached the peak level and your footwork is incredible. Next time I would like to spar with you.”

Xin Fei faced Zhao Feng in the eye full of praise.

“Sure, we will spar next time.”

Although Zhao Feng was wary of him, it did not mean that he was scared. Xin Fei’s strength was at least on par with Zhao Yijian, who was ranked third amongst the outer disciples.

If Zhao Feng could beat Zhao Yijian, then he would have the ability to fight Xin Fei.

Soon they finished discussing how to split their rewards.

“Six-four. Me six, you guys four.”

Zhao Feng said.

“Ok.”

Xin Fei was the one that answered as the other Xin disciples did not have the courage to respond. They were wary of Zhao Feng’s strength.

Zhao Feng nodded to himself, giving 40% away was like shooting two birds with one arrow. Firstly, he did not have any tool to cut or move the corpse, so he just let the others do the work. Secondly, he did not want to make that many enemies before he had enough strength.

Imagine if he took it all of it for himself. Would that not cause the eyes of the others to go red?

The tiger was dissected one hour later.

Zhao Feng took the most expensive parts and left all of the meat to the Xin disciples. After confirming that he took sixty percent he casually left.

“Hmmm….. The Zhao sect seems to have a new genius. Even Zhao Linlong wasn’t as strong as him at the same level of cultivation.” Xin Fei said as his eyes followed Zhao Feng.

“Zhao Linlong!”

Xin Gang had an expression of awe, “He is one of the four genius’ of Sun Feather City! He already reached the fourth rank two years ago and became a true martial artist! How can this kid be compared to him?”

The four great genius’ were the top youths of Sun Feather City. Any one of them were true martial artists and they were stronger than other martial artists by far.

“Do not even mention Zhao Linlong, even brother Fei could kill that kid in one blow”

TBC...
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 8:42am On Jul 08
Chapter 13 – Third Rank of the Martial Path

Half a day later, Zhao Feng carried three massive bags on him as he entered Sun Feather City.

At a shop in Sun Feather City that sold beast skins.

“Black-spotted Wild Pig, teeth, paws….. Worth a total of three hundred and fifty nine silver.”

“Gold-spotted Snake…… Worth four hundred and twenty silver.”

“Five Poison Centipede….. Worth two hundred and ten silver.”

The shopkeeper expressionlessly said as he calculated the prices.

“Metal Pecker Eagle…. Yi!”

Speaking up to here, the face of the shopkeeper changed. The Metal Pecker Eagle was a beast that had almost entered the ranks of deadly beasts. It defense was strong and it was hard to catch. Even some cultivators of the fourth rank could not catch them.

Due to this, the price of Metal Pecker Eagles exceeded that of other beasts of the same rank.

“Metal Pecker Eagle….. Three of them….. Worth one thousand one hundred silver.” The shopkeeper said after pausing for a second.

One thousand one hundred silver? Zhao Feng was a little shocked as the eagle was worth more than he thought. Soon, apart from Zhao Feng’s Green Headed Tiger King, the rest was totaled up.

“A total of five thousand eight hundred and fifty silver!” The shopkeeper said.

Five thousand eight hundred and fifty silver! Zhao Feng’s heart sped up. His monthly allowance was only twenty silver! He never had a time when he carried more than one hundred silver on him.

Even then, the most expensive materials, that of the Green Headed Tiger King, had yet to be added in.

“How about this, I will give you a total of five thousand nine hundred silver.” The shopkeeper had a cunning face.

“Sure.” Zhao Feng couldn’t be bothered to talk so he agreed.

Soon Zhao Feng received his money, all in silver notes.

“Oh yea, do you guys take parts from deadly beasts?” Zhao Feng didn’t leave immediately after exchanging.

“Could it be that you have deadly beast parts?” The shopkeeper’s eyes floated towards the last bag in Zhao Feng’s hands.

“Yep.” Zhao Feng slowly opened his bag, showing the parts of the Green Headed Tiger King.

Immediately a powerful aura came from the bag.

“Green Headed Tiger King!” The shopkeeper exclaimed as he looked disbelievingly at Zhao Feng.

He couldn’t imagine how a measly second ranker was able to kill a deadly beast. It was known that a deadly beast could fight against true martial artists. There were even rumours of deadly beasts destroying whole villages.

“We had a total of seven people. It took us a while to kill it and even then we lost someone.”

Zhao Feng’s words seemed to comfort the shocked shopkeeper.

Facing the materials, the shopkeeper’s eyesight looked at the “Zhao” symbol on Zhao Feng’s clothes and finally gave a price, “Sixteen thousand silver!”

As he gave the price, the workers in the shop took a cold breath. It was their first time hearing such a high price.

The shopkeeper did not dare to trick Zhao Feng as he came from the Zhao sect.

The Zhao, Xin, and Qiu families were the three biggest powers in Sun Feather City. No shop could open up without their permission.

“Deal!” Zhao Feng smiled. He seemed calm but was laughing inside.

Soon Zhao Feng took his twenty thousand silver and left the shop.

“I can now go buy some resources to help me break through to the third rank.” Zhao Feng headed towards the weapons shop that he went to a few days ago.

“Kid, you’re here again?” A few days ago Zhao Feng was low on money and technically half borrowed and half paid for the heavy metal bow.

Pah!

Zhao Feng put his hand on the table: “Here’s one hundred silver. Thank you for your help that day.”

One hundred silver? The shopkeeper was surprised as he never thought that Zhao Feng would be so honest. Zhao Feng had said he would pay back double, but this was over ten times the amount!

The shopkeeper smiled as he took the silver. Although he was the shopkeeper, he did not own the shop. One hundred silver was half his year’s income.

After paying back the money Zhao Feng didn’t leave but looked around more.

“My heavy metal bow’s strength is too low.” Zhao Feng wanted a new bow. He used his left eye to inspect the weapons on the wall. Soon his eyes stopped on a silver longbow.

The silver long bow gave off a cold aura while also giving off a deep calm feeling.

“How much is it for this bow?” Zhao Feng asked.

“You have good eyes! This bow is called “Mysterious Silver Bow” and is one of the shops most powerful weapons. Only true martial artists that are proficient in archery can use it to its fullest potential…… Its price is one thousand and eighty silver.” He did not think that Zhao Feng could afford it but still acted politely.

“One thousand and eighty silver? That’s not very expensive. I will buy it.” Zhao Feng said.

The Mysterious Silver bow was made out of great materials and was better than his heavy metal bow by at least a few times. It also needed martial artists of the fourth rank or higher to use it to its fullest potential.

“Are you sure you want it……..? Not borrow it?”

Pah!

Zhao Feng stacked up a heap of silver and pushed it towards the shopkeeper, “Quick, I do not have much time.”

What?

The shopkeeper never thought that Zhao Feng was so “rich”…. A few days ago he had only bought a bow worth fifteen silver…..

“Sure, sure!” The shopkeeper nodded as he took down the bow down and put it in a beautifully carved box. Zhao Feng also bought one hundred arrows that were worth three silver each.

After exiting the weapons shop, Zhao Feng went to the City’s biggest medicine shop.

“The medicine pavilion is this City’s largest medicine shop. The owner is very mysterious and it has chain stores in the thirteen countries around here. Even the three big families of Sun Feather City are afraid of its strength.”

As soon as he came to the store he heard a familiar guy’s voice.

Yi!

Zhao Feng found a male and female not far away. The one speaking was a youth clothed in purple who gave off a frightening aura.

“It’s them…….” Zhao Feng sighed.

The male and female duo was Zhao Yijian and Zhao Xue.

“Brother Feng.”

Zhao Xue said surprisingly as she saw Zhao Feng .

Zhao Feng nodded his head as a response and then walked into the Medicine Pavilion.

“Hmph, just him? He has the right to enter the medicine pavilion? Any item from the medicine pavilion is worth a few years of his income.” Zhao Yijian said disdainfully as he looked at Zhao Feng.

Although Zhao Xue did not speak, she knew that with Zhao Feng’s background it would be very hard to take out a few hundred silver.

Compared to Zhao Yijian, whose father and grandfather were both cultivators higher than the fourth rank held middle-high positions in the sect, their wealths were not comparable.

Ignoring the two, Zhao Feng walked into the Medicine Pavilion and started to search for resources that would help his cultivation increase.

“Third rank of the Martial Path……… is when the body becomes stronger. In this direction, the blood plant use is incredibly good. It can consolidate one’s foundation and even help some cultivators understand Inner strength…..”

Zhao Feng thought about it and then confirmed his needs.

Out of all the plants, the blood plant was of the biggest use for martial learners.

Blood plants were split into many categories. The ones that were older had better use, but were also more expensive.

“One hundred year old blood plant, five hundred silver. Two hundred year old blood plant, one thousand two hundred silver. Three hundred year old blood plant…. Three thousand silver….. Five hundred year old blood plant…… ten thousand silver.”

Zhao Feng’s eyes scanned through the price list.

Obviously, the older it was the better it was. Of course, the limits of martial learners were blood plants that were five hundred years old.

“Brother Yijian, if I had a two hundred year old blood plant, I might be able to reach the peak of the second rank in half a year.” Zhao Xue’s voice came wandering through.

“That is not possible. At most I can only buy you a one hundred year old one. I have been trying to learn Inner Strength and need expensive materials to help me.” Zhao Yijian said. Although he was rich, he could not spend his money recklessly.

“A one hundred year old one is ok as well.” Zhao Xue smiled faintly.

Just at this moment, a voice expressionlessly said, “Shopkeeper, give me two two-hundred year old blood plants and a three hundred year old one.”

This voice gained the attention of many people.

It’s him!

Zhao Xue saw Zhao Feng who was not far away and her heart leapt.

“A three hundred year old blood plant? He is probably boasting.” Zhao Yijian gave a cold laugh. He would not believe that a normal branch disciple could afford a three hundred year old blood plant.

“Two two-hundred year old blood plant and a three-hundred year old blood plant. A total of five thousand four hundred silver.” The shopkeeper gave his price.

Soon, in front of their eyes, Zhao Feng took out his silver and successfully exchanged it with the shopkeeper.

This scene made Zhao Yijian’s smile freeze.

“How…. how is this possible?” Zhao Xue had an disbelieving, dazed look.

“Shopkeeper, can I also get three bottles of high level healing pills as well as three bottles of high level blood recovery pills?”

Zhao Feng bought some other medicine which were all high level and spent another thousand silver.

After the exchange, Zhao Feng waved at Zhao Xue and left in a cool manner. When replying, Zhao Xue had a forced smile and did not look Zhao Feng in the eye….

After leaving the Medicine Pavilion, Zhao Feng didn’t return to the Zhao sect. Instead he went to an inn.

He first calculated the silver he had left, it was a total of twelve thousand silver.

“I will leave this silver for later use.” Zhao Feng understood that a cultivators path needed a huge amount of resources.

That night, he closed his eyes and slowly used the Air Pushing Breathing Technique.

Inside of his left eye, the faint green glow had increased from two feet to two feet-five.

Zhao Feng confirmed that he had reached the peak of the second rank and just needed half a step more to reach the third rank.

“I wonder how strong this medicine will be.”

Zhao Feng was full of expectations as he ate a blood plant that was two hundred years old.

Soon, Zhao Feng felt an enormous amount of strength appear in his body that was chaotic.

“What a strong herb!”

Zhao Feng fully used the Air Pushing Breathing Technique and absorbed the medicine.

Maybe it was because Zhao Feng had never used such precious herbs before that he thought that it was extremely strong.

In the morning of the second day.

“Could this be….” Zhao Feng felt himself burst with energy. All of his muscles and bones were full of power.

Peh!

He casually waved his fist and hit out with a force of seven hundred kilograms! Breaking through to the third rank was easier than Zhao Feng thought……
Re: King Of Gods by Manixnar: 8:43am On Jul 08
Chapter 14 – Strength of a Quasi Martial Artist

“The effect of the blood plant is so good.” Zhao Feng felt incredible. He first thought that, with the help of the two hundred year blood plant, it would still take him at least two days to break through.

Zhao Feng thought that if everyone had the same effect, then cultivators at the fourth rank or higher would be worth nothing.

Soon he found the reasons:

Firstly, he had never taken any herbs before therefore he could absorb the herb to a high degree. Secondly, the Air Pushing Breathing Technique had reached the third level, which made Zhao Feng’s strength reach the third rank even while he was at the second rank. Thirdly, Zhao Feng felt that his body was slowly changing after it merging with the left eye.

Zhao Feng calmed down soon as he realised that many others in the Zhao sect had already reached the third rank at his age. He could only be considered talented, not a genius.

Taking Zhao Yufei for example, she had reached the peak of the third rank two months ago and had already almost learned Inner Strength, which meant that she had the strength of a quasi martial artist.

“I am probably at the same level as Xin Fei and Zhao Yijian. However, I do not have confidence in winning against them.”

After all, Xin Fei and Zhao Yijian had learnt high rank martial arts skills, and had at least trained them to the low level.

For the next two days, Zhao Feng consolidated his cultivation.

While he was training in the Air Pushing Breathing Technique he realised that there was a low humming sound. Zhao Feng emboldened his left eye and realised that there was a faint green and red glow forming between his blood and skin.

“Air Pushing Breathing Technique is nearing the peak of the third level. My strength is not any weaker than Zhao Yufei or Xin Fei who have quasi martial artist strength.”

Once Air Pushing Breathing Technique reached the peak of the third level he would have the chance at understanding Inner Strength.

Most had to be half-step martial artists to reach this step. Even most peak third rankers could not do this.

After he consolidated his foundation Zhao Feng left the inn and headed towards the Zhao sect. As for the other two blood plants, he did not plan to use them any time soon.

As soon as Zhao Feng left the inn, a beggar wearing torn clothes turned and ran not far away from him.

“Master Xin, he has come out!” The beggar arrived at a restaurant and reported to a youth clad in silver.

“Ok, here’s your promised silver.” The youth had a cold smile.

…….

As Zhao Feng turned into an alleyway, he heard footsteps thundering from behind.

Teng sou sou ———-

Two or three shadows flipped over the wall and pursued him from behind.

“Who’s there!?”

Zhao Feng immediately turned around.

“Kid! Leave ten thousand silver and we’ll let you go.” Three disciples of the Xin family said as they surrounded Zhao Feng. The one that talked was the youth in silver.

Xin Gang!

Zhao Feng immediately recognised the youth.

The three disciples in front of him had all reached the third rank and Xin Gang had reached the peak of the third rank.

“Ten thousand silver? Just you three?” Zhao Feng said indifferently as he stood straight.

He had spent near ten thousand silver in Sun Feather City and still had ten thousand left. These people obviously planned to take it all for themselves.

“Kid! I’m warning you, do not be too arrogant! I was injured the last time, that’s why you won. Today we’re going to have payback for the “losses” we had back in Sky Cloud Forest.”

“Hmph…… that day you took sixty percent of the tiger’s worth while one person from our sect died.” One of the Xin disciples had greed and unwillingness in his eyes.

“Stop speaking such nonsense! We’ll take him down quickly in case some accidents happen.” The youth on the left said as he kicked towards Zhao Feng. Immediately after the two others followed suit.

“Hahaha, a bunch of trash.” Zhao Feng laughed as he jumped seven metres off the ground and landed on top of the wall of a mansion.

He had easily dodged the three frenzied attacks.

“Don’t let him run away!” Xin Gang roared and was the first to leap towards Zhao Feng.

“Run?” Zhao Feng looked mockingly at Xin Gang as he immediately used the Air Pushing Breathing Technique and Lightly Floating Ferry, leaving behind an afterimage in the air.

Not good!

Xin Gang felt an unbearable pressure coming from his side.

Pah—-

Xin Gang, who was in mid-air, barely managed to block one punch.

Wah!

Although he blocked it, the forced still made him smash into a stone wall which made him cough out blood.

“This kid’s strength has probably reached the quasi fourth rank. I cannot even take one of his hits.” Xin Gang felt his eyes go black and immediately warned his peers: “Xin Yu, Xin Chen watch out!” However, before he finished warning them there was a scream coming from his left.

“Ahhhhhh……….” Another youth had his bones broken.

“Run!” The last Xin disciples was scared out of his wits and tried to run. However, before he could escape, a whistling sound came from behind.

Peh!

He felt his eyes turn black before he could even see the attack…..

In terms of speed, Zhao Feng had learnt a high rank martial art skill and when used, could be compared to martial artists of the fourth rank.

“I will let you off the hook this time, but if you anger me again…..” Zhao Feng looked coldly at Xin Gang and then, like a bird, floated away.

“What incredible strength and speed…….” The youth next to Xin Gang said dazed.

“This Zhao Feng has just reached the third rank and already has the strength of a ‘quasi martial artist’.” Zhao Feng’s strength right now could be compared with Xin Fei’s.

After finishing off Xin Gang and company, Zhao Feng returned to the Zhao sect.

A few disciples that were familiar with Zhao Feng were surprised by his cultivation.

“When did Zhao Feng reach the third rank of the Martial Path?” They all knew that Zhao Feng’s strength was only at the first rank twenty days ago!

“I heard that Zhao Feng and some Xin family disciples killed a “Green Headed Tiger King” yesterday and he then stole over half of the spoils….” One well-informed Zhao disciple said.

“One deadly beast is worth around twenty to thirty thousand silver. This kid’s definitely bought some super expensive herb that increased his cultivation.”

“What is so amazing about using outer help to increase one’s cultivation? Those people usually have lower strength.”

……

These disciples were all either envious or disdainful.

Zhao Feng never thought that the information would reach the sect so fast. Not bothering with these people, Zhao Feng walked straight ahead. Soon he arrived at home.

He first saw his mother Zhao Shi sewing clothes.

“Father, mother, here is one thousand silver.” Zhao Feng walked inside the room and took out a stack of silver.

“One thousand silver?” Zhao Shi stared as she picked up the notes.

“How did you get so much money?” Zhao Tianyang said in surprise. When he saw that his son’s cultivation had reached the third rank, a strange glimmer passed through his eyes.

“It happened like this…..” Zhao Feng then told them a simplistic story of what had happened in Sky Cloud Forest. After listening to the story, Zhao Tianyang and Zhao Shi had a tinge of questioning apart from their excitement. After all, Zhao Feng did not use to have such a superb performance. However, being parents, they obviously wanted their children to be successful.

Zhao Feng sat crossed legged in his room and surveyed the worn out room, “There is still one more month until the family sparring contest. If I can become an inner disciple…. My parents’ status and treatment should become a bit higher…..”

Closing his eyes, Zhao Feng’s consciousness entered the pitch black dimension inside his left eye. The faint green ring had extended to three feet.

When Zhao Feng was at the first rank, the green ring’s length was one feet, and it was two feet when his cultivation reached the second rank. Now, it was three feet as he reached the third rank.

As the green ring extended, Zhao Feng found that the power of his left eye increased. He could see every item in detail in a range of ten miles. His mind’s energy and reaction speed had also significantly increased.

Thinking up to here, Zhao Feng started to “decipher” Lightly Floating Ferry once more.

Soon there was less and less of Lightly Floating Ferry left undeciphered.

One-third left….. One-quarter left….. One-fifth left……

Night. Just as Zhao Feng was exhausted, the last bit of Lightly Floating Ferry was deciphered. At this moment Zhao Feng held his breath as he viewed its contents.

“This footwork skill can even…….”

Suddenly, his expression was replaced by ecstasy!

TBC...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Of My Dream / The Inhumane Child. / Write Up By Dindy: Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 333
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.