Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,093 members, 7,896,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney (543 Views)

Oyo: Makinde Triumphs Against APC Sacked Council Chairmen At Appeal Court / Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani / Governor Akinwumi Ambode Defies All Odds, Submits Nomination Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by Great100000: 6:33am On Jul 01
Mayowa Gbenro, a determined and ambitious lawyer, has overcome numerous obstacles to achieve his dream of becoming a licensed attorney in the United States.

Despite the challenges, Gbenro persevered and successfully passed the Colorado Bar Exam, making him eligible to practice law in any UBE jurisdiction in the US.

Gbenro’s journey began in 2012 while attending the Nigerian Law School, Lagos Campus, where a guest speaker told his class of about 1500 students something that resonated with him: “You can sit for the bar exam in the U.S. and be qualified to practice as an attorney.”

This statement ignited two dreams: to obtain an LL.M. in the U.S. and qualify as an attorney there. But how?

Fast forward to November 2013, Gbenro was admitted to the Nigerian Bar and, thereafter, joined Afe Babalola and Co. in 2014 where he cut his legal teeth. Regardless, his dream of being an attorney in the U.S. never wavered.

In 2022, he discovered the University of Denver – Sturm College of Law’s International Business Transactions program, which perfectly aligned with his career aspirations. He applied, got admitted, and started in August 2022.

Those first few weeks felt like being a fish out of water—it had been a decade since he was last in a classroom! But thanks to the exceptional faculty and staff of the institution, he quickly found his footing.

By December 2023, Gbenro achieved his first dream: earning his LL.M. in International Business Transactions! On to the second dream—becoming an attorney! With uncertainty and a tight two-month prep window, he registered for the February 2024 Bar Exams. Despite the challenges—enormous workload, not attending a JD program, and a limited prep time—he persevered. To God’s glory, he passed the Bar exams. He took the Oath of Admission to the Colorado Bar on June 3rd, 2024, finally realizing his second dream!

“I am grateful for the incredible support system that helped me achieve my dreams,” said Gbenro. “I am excited to continue my legal career in the United States and look forward to the opportunities ahead.”

Gbenro’s achievement serves as an inspiration to others, demonstrating that with persistence and dedication, anyone can overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.

“I came, I saw, I’m conquering!” Gbenro exclaimed, reflecting on his journey.” These achievements wouldn’t have been possible without the unwavering support of so many incredible people, including his family, friends, spiritual fathers, professors, and mentors. While thanking everyone for being part of his incredible journey, he desires to take on even bigger dreams

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/mayowa-gbenro-triumphs-against-all-odds-becomes-u-s-attorney/

1 Share

Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:41am On Jul 01
Congratulations.
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by ayoolataiwo(m): 6:42am On Jul 01
Thank you for repping us well,,great mind and intelligent fellow
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by MightySparrow: 6:55am On Jul 01
Audacity conquering all
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by DevilsEqual(m): 7:23am On Jul 01
cheesy cheesy

When u are at peace with your host and u have no issues with them, then u can legally go through the process of voting/getting voted for and can be anything politically in their midst

That right there, is how it's been done in a foreign land

Congrats to him

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by pyyxxaro: 7:31am On Jul 01
Yoruba Amaka 🙆🏿‍♀️

1 Like

Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by YeyeGbami: 8:01am On Jul 01
Nice
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by chopnaira: 8:10am On Jul 01
DevilsEqual:
cheesy cheesy

When u are at peace with your host and u have no issues with them, then u can legally go through the process of voting/getting voted for and can be anything politically in their midst

Congrats to him
.yes ooo
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by Gbogbowa: 8:28am On Jul 01
DevilsEqual:
cheesy cheesy

When u are at peace with your host and u have no issues with them, then u can legally go through the process of voting/getting voted for and can be anything politically in their midst.Stop talking rubbish and go and learn what Democracy is all about. Tinubu son married Igbo and his using you people to fight Igbos. Slave like you

Congrats to him
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by NewDea4: 8:46am On Jul 01
Great100000:
Mayowa Gbenro, a determined and ambitious lawyer, has overcome numerous obstacles to achieve his dream of becoming a licensed attorney in the United States.

Despite the challenges, Gbenro persevered and successfully passed the Colorado Bar Exam, making him eligible to practice law in any UBE jurisdiction in the US.

Gbenro’s journey began in 2012 while attending the Nigerian Law School, Lagos Campus, where a guest speaker told his class of about 1500 students something that resonated with him: “You can sit for the bar exam in the U.S. and be qualified to practice as an attorney.”

This statement ignited two dreams: to obtain an LL.M. in the U.S. and qualify as an attorney there. But how?

Fast forward to November 2013, Gbenro was admitted to the Nigerian Bar and, thereafter, joined Afe Babalola and Co. in 2014 where he cut his legal teeth. Regardless, his dream of being an attorney in the U.S. never wavered.

In 2022, he discovered the University of Denver – Sturm College of Law’s International Business Transactions program, which perfectly aligned with his career aspirations. He applied, got admitted, and started in August 2022.

Those first few weeks felt like being a fish out of water—it had been a decade since he was last in a classroom! But thanks to the exceptional faculty and staff of the institution, he quickly found his footing.

By December 2023, Gbenro achieved his first dream: earning his LL.M. in International Business Transactions! On to the second dream—becoming an attorney! With uncertainty and a tight two-month prep window, he registered for the February 2024 Bar Exams. Despite the challenges—enormous workload, not attending a JD program, and a limited prep time—he persevered. To God’s glory, he passed the Bar exams. He took the Oath of Admission to the Colorado Bar on June 3rd, 2024, finally realizing his second dream!

“I am grateful for the incredible support system that helped me achieve my dreams,” said Gbenro. “I am excited to continue my legal career in the United States and look forward to the opportunities ahead.”

Gbenro’s achievement serves as an inspiration to others, demonstrating that with persistence and dedication, anyone can overcome obstacles and achieve their goals.

“I came, I saw, I’m conquering!” Gbenro exclaimed, reflecting on his journey.” These achievements wouldn’t have been possible without the unwavering support of so many incredible people, including his family, friends, spiritual fathers, professors, and mentors. While thanking everyone for being part of his incredible journey, he desires to take on even bigger dreams

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/mayowa-gbenro-triumphs-against-all-odds-becomes-u-s-attorney/

He is not a US Attorney
Re: Mayowa Gbenro Triumphs Against All Odds, Becomes U.S. Attorney by Great100000: 11:28am On Jul 01
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Congratulations.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Exit Won’t Affect Mega Party In 2011 – Utomi / English Premiership League And Massive Neco Failures (Part 2) / Akpoyibo-No Stress Over 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.