Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,407 members, 7,878,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:22 AM

Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial (7459 Views)

Shocking Revelations Of Lagos #EndSARS Report - Punch Editorial / Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land / Rivers Is Not A Christian State, Wike - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by casualobserver: 10:38am On Jul 01
Only the intellectually deficient can think the impact of reforms that have been overdue for decades will be seen in a year.

If it were that easy previous governments would have embarked on it. It’s not like they did’t know the problems and the solutions to the problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Smartcitizen: 10:38am On Jul 01
Hmmm
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Smartcitizen: 10:39am On Jul 01
casualobserver:
Only the intellectually deficient can think the impact of reforms that have been overdue for decades will be seen in a year.

If it were that easy previous governments would have embarked on it. It’s. It like they did t know the problems and the solutions to the problems.

If other government not supported by you and your likes had involved in this project, you would not have written this stuff here.

You know it's called hypocrisy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by casualobserver: 10:46am On Jul 01
Smartcitizen:

If other government not supported by you and your likes had involved in this project, you would not have written this stuff here.

You know it's called hypocrisy.

What you just wrote is called stupidity. Change your handle to “stupidcitizen”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by able20(m): 10:47am On Jul 01
Nigerians are now speaking up against useless candidates as President.
Tinubu supporters are irritating, they claim that since Buhari was Clueless, Tinubu’s incompetence and stupidity should also be tolerated also.
The era of Olodos parading themselves as presidential candidates should be over now.
You don't come to Aso Rock villa just to occupy space.

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by AfeezShomorin(m): 10:51am On Jul 01
This economy sef na wah
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by opeldavid: 10:58am On Jul 01
It's all about propaganda. No positive impact from this clueless govt.
Nothing to offer.
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by IyaTola: 11:11am On Jul 01
Adefererra01:
Spent 2000 on food alone this morning
I spent 3150 this morning
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Smartcitizen: 11:19am On Jul 01
casualobserver:

Before you resolve to attacking me please kindly show me what you were writing here in 2014 during PDP's government let's see how patriotic you have always been.

I know I touched you at the most sensitive part when I said hypocrisy, if you are not please kindly prove me wrong and I will apologize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Focusmind: 11:25am On Jul 01
As everyday passes, I become more skeptical about any rebound of the economy. The level of poverty is unbearable and income is shrinking fast. Time will come when some middle class people would be unable to pay rent and the default rate will spike. The current food and groceries inflation is worrisome and the challenges to the economy are becoming even more challenging. I don't know if any of the other presidential candidates would have done anything differently . Truly, Buhari finished this economy and he laid the foundation for the current mess we are seeing. My problem with the current government is profligacy and the opaque nature in award of contracts and management of public finances, even in the midst of overwhelming poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Blazetrailer: 11:33am On Jul 01
What reforms
You call this kalokalo economics reforms?

The guy gambled and he failed woefully, right now he is confused and clueless

I dont know what some fo you smoke to expect anything out of what this fake accountant seems to be doing. Subsidy is back and the devaluation they thought will bounce back to 700 in few months has remained at 1500ish. They are confused and lost now

casualobserver:

If it were that easy previous governments would have embarked on it. It’s not like they did’t know the problems and the solutions to the problems.

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Bluntemperor: 11:36am On Jul 01
casualobserver:

God bless your deep assessment of things in Nigeria.
Since Independence,we have been living on borrowed time:
• On Food Productions - where are the -Groundnuts Pyramids of the North?
- where are the Cocoa Production of the Southwest - that Chief Obafemi Awolowo was able to build Cocoa House, Ibadan?
- where is the Pain Production Oil Production of the South - South?
• What happens to the Refineries - that even Obasanjo came 2nd Term,none was working,yet the the Nigerian govt was Exporting Crude and Importing Refined Fuels!
Are we jazzed?
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by casualobserver: 11:40am On Jul 01
Smartcitizen:

Before you resolve to attacking me please kindly show me what you were writing here in 2014 during PDP's government let's see how patriotic you have always been.

I know I touched you at the most sensitive part when I said hypocrisy, if you are not please kindly prove me wrong and I will apologize.

I don’t need the apologies of a m0ron. I made a time tested statement that basically translates into it is easier to destroy than to fix and that the deeper the damage the harder the repair and immediately you come in from a partisan angle. This is the real problem with Nigeria…….Nigerians themselves!!!!

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Blazetrailer: 11:40am On Jul 01
Lol!!

Look at this buffon trying to put the ineptitude of the senile fake reformer on Buhari?? Imagine the goal post shifting??

Focusmind:
As everyday passes, I become more skeptical about any rebound of the economy. The level of poverty is unbearable and income is shrinking fast. Time will come when some middle class people would be unable to pay rent and the default rate will spike. The current food and groceries inflation is worrisome and the challenges to the economy are becoming even more challenging. I don't know if any of the other presidential candidates would have done anything differently . Truly, Buhari finished this economy and he laid the foundation for the current mess we are seeing. My problem with the current government is profligacy and the opaque nature in award of contracts and management of public finances, even in the midst of overwhelming poverty.

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by luckyz4rea(m): 11:43am On Jul 01
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Smartcitizen: 11:47am On Jul 01
casualobserver:

I don’t need the apologies of a m0ron. I made a time tested statement that basically translates into it is easier to destroy than to fix and that the deeper the damage the harder the repair and immediately you come in from a partisan angle. This is the real problem with Nigeria…….Nigerians themselves!!!!

AND I SAID YOU MADE THAT STATEMENT BECAUSE OF TRIBAL INTERESTS AND I ONLY ASKED YOU WHAT YOU WERE SAYING WHEN PEOPLE FROM SOUTH SOUTH WERE IN POWER AND YOU LOST YOUR COOL.

IT SHOWS YOU ARE A VERY BIG HYPOCRITE.
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by casualobserver: 11:51am On Jul 01
Smartcitizen:

AND I SAID YOU MADE THAT STATEMENT BECAUSE OF TRIBAL INTERESTS AND I ONLY ASKED YOU WHAT YOU WERE SAYING WHEN PEOPLE FROM SOUTH SOUTH WERE IN POWER AND YOU LOST YOUR COOL.

IT SHOWS YOU ARE A VERY BIG HYPOCRITE.

Is the statement I made right or wrong? You know it is right and you are the one who is a hypocrite which is why you ignored the substance and resorted to bringing the matter into the partisan or tribal or religious realm.

That’s what you people do and that’s why Nigeria will never make it. Again the problem with Nigeria are Nigerians!

Nincompoop!

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Freestar: 11:53am On Jul 01
casualobserver:

And your own statements are meaningless because you have failed to acknowledge, or maybe just conveniently forgotten that the past governments that tried to implement said policies were thwarted by your own Messiah. But Right-thinking Nigerians haven't.

So you, sir, should change your own name to 'blind-as-BAT apologist'

Frigging hypocrites. Sheesh...
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Smartcitizen: 11:55am On Jul 01
casualobserver:

Is the statement I made right or wrong? You know it is right and you are the one who is a hypocrite which is why you ignored the substance and resorted to bringing the matter into the partisan or tribal or religious realm.

That’s what you people do and that’s why Nigeria will never make it. Again the problem with Nigeria are Nigerians!

Nincompoop!

I'm a hypocrite because I told you that YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MADE THIS STATEMENT IF PDP WAS HANDLING THIS REFORMING OF THE ECONOMY AND WE ARE SUFFERING LIKE THIS?

WHEN SUBSIDY WAS REMOVED IN 2012 YOU AND YOUR LIKES CAMPAIGNED AGAINST IT AS IF YOU WILL DIE.

BUT YOU WANT US TO UNDERSTAND NOW.

ABEG SHIFT WITH YOUR WICKED DOUBLE STANDARD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Freestar: 11:57am On Jul 01
casualobserver:

Nincompoop!

😆 Just look at you pontificating. You guys never cease to amaze 😂.

Oh so now it is right because your rent-seeker-in-chief is the one doing it.

But it was wrong when someone else tried to do it more than a decade ago, and the system would long have stabilized by now.

And you call someone else a nincompoop? Really? 😂 😂
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by wallrichy: 12:12pm On Jul 01
You said it all. How do you plan for people you don't know? Corruption, Insecurity, Bad Leadership, Unpleasant business environment, lack of adequate Infrastructures, Lack of Electricity, etc.........These wahalas are too much on the neck of just one country. If Nigeria is a private company, I believe, or rather, let's say Nigeria is my company with all these troubles. I would have dissolved the company many years ago and opened departments in all our comparative advantage areas. I would not continue wasting money on growing the company again. Put up departments and get HODs responsible for your members. All the Units will be self-dependent and always ready to give accounts of your departments' tasks after a definite and mutually acceptable time. You fail in your department by not meeting up to target, you get fired and get debriefed, by investigation, etc........

DrTee1:
I empathise with the President. This job must be very tough, and a lot tougher than he knew before he hot into office to "hit the ground running from Day 1".

I however know that NO JUPITER can turn Nigeria around as Punch seems to be suggesting, as against waiting "forever" in 12 months.

We are talking about a country with such porous borders, no acceptable census figures, no dependable database of ALL citizens. How do you effectively plan for a population that YOU DO NOT KNOW?

That's the first problem. We must be realistic in our expectations. We are in a mess, but we are still the hope of SubSaharan Africa. Let's give some more time, and if it doesn't work, we vote in ideals at the next elections, regardless of political party.

To do that, to have an effective electioneering system, we need citizens data. It is why I am worried about Minister Bosun Tijani's seeming silence in office. If Bosun cannot fix this data problem, so much so that his own data is sold on the dark web for 100naira, then we are in problems of such monumental proportions than what we perceive!
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Imma624(m): 12:38pm On Jul 01
Nigeria is in for a long ride
Suicide bombing has started again in borno. The elite in Nigeria are only concern about their personal interest but the endemic primordial sentiment will never allow a common man to make good choices..
The metropoles don't make choices for delicate position like presidency's as a joke because when there's a mistake,it will backfire and the people will suffer.
Nigerian needs orientation on what good governance is all about, because w even the political leaders still social amenities i.e roads, flyover, decapitated hospitals used for campaign as an achievement
We need orientation both the leaders and the led
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by DeepSight(m): 12:41pm On Jul 01
CrownedPhoenix:

What a joke!

One of the things I hate most is the dishonest move of government giving 'palliative' to the masses.

One wonders how these policies come about though.

Out of the blues, you just decide to float the Naira as a solution to a problem the country is facing.

Then suddenly the struggling man who had $3000 equivalent in his account suddenly wakes up to realise he now has 1000. Three times poorer.

When you add that to the hyper inflationary effect triggered by the ghetto style removal of subsidies, everyone is actually about five to six times poorer. Everyone with 100 naira last year has only about N20 naira of the value of same now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by DeepSight(m): 12:42pm On Jul 01
DrTee1:
I empathise with the President. This job must be very tough, and a lot tougher than he knew before he hot into office to "hit the ground running from Day 1".

I however know that NO JUPITER can turn Nigeria around as Punch seems to be suggesting, as against waiting "forever" in 12 months.

We are talking about a country with such porous borders, no acceptable census figures, no dependable database of ALL citizens. How do you effectively plan for a population that YOU DO NOT KNOW?

That's the first problem. We must be realistic in our expectations. We are in a mess, but we are still the hope of SubSaharan Africa. Let's give some more time, and if it doesn't work, we vote in ideals at the next elections, regardless of political party.

To do that, to have an effective electioneering system, we need citizens data. It is why I am worried about Minister Bosun Tijani's seeming silence in office. If Bosun cannot fix this data problem, so much so that his own data is sold on the dark web for 100naira, then we are in problems of such monumental proportions than what we perceive!

Day dreamer.

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by grandstar(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01
Punch editorial should keep shut!

Was Rome built in a day? If I have any angst is that Tinubu should do more in terms of reforms.

1 Like

Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by tnerro1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 01
Just like Wike building beautiful roads in Abuja without any impact on the human capital in the FCT. No be only roads makes up a city oo
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by year2013: 1:05pm On Jul 01
DrTee1:

Thank God you accepted your very costly mistake you made in 2023 General election. Your voice is gradually changing. Wonder shall never end.
Re: Economic Revamp Without Impact - Punch Editorial by Zaheertyler(m): 4:03pm On Jul 01
Nigeria problem is more of mentality and accountability than reforms
Morality should be brought back at least to balance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. / Anambra Central Re-run: INEC Postpones Polls Indefinitely / Kwara State Governor, Deputy Take COVID-19 Vaccine

Viewing this topic: frog12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.