Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,091 members, 7,896,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children (551 Views)

Katsina Bandits Kill Alhaji Lado During Ramadan Prayers, Kidnap Wife, Daughters / Katsina Bandits Kidnap 20 Women Attending Naming Ceremony / Musa Mante: Gunmen Kill Bauchi Lawmaker, Kidnap His 2 Wives And Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by treesun: 3:57pm On Jul 02
Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children
A lecturer with the Federal University Dutsinma (FUDMA) in Katsina State, Dr. Tiri Gyan David, has been killed by bandits. Dr David, who was the…

A lecturer with the Federal University Dutsinma (FUDMA) in Katsina State, Dr. Tiri Gyan David, has been killed by bandits.

Dr David, who was the Head of the Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension, and Rural Development of the university, was killed in the early hours of Tuesday.

A resident said the assailants abducted two of the late lecturer’s children after killing him.
The deceased resided at Yarima Quarters, Low-Cost Estate, Dutsinma Local Government Area of Katsina State.

The source added that the bandits invaded the community with sophisticated weapons, shooting sporadically to scare the residents.

Gov Fintiri, Northeast Counterparts lead study tour to Pakistan for post-insurgency disaster management

The Katsina Police Command spokesman, Abubakar Sadiq Aliyu, confirmed the incident but said the command would release a detailed statement about it later.

Recall that in the recent past, some students of the University, who were living off campus, were abducted and later released following negotiations, although authorities said no ransom was paid.

Dutsinma is one of the local government areas grappling with banditry, although there has been a reduction in the rate of attacks in recent times due to the efforts by both the state government and security agencies in tackling the menace.

https://dailytrust.com/katsina-bandits-kill-lecturer-kidnap-his-children/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by shortgun(m): 3:58pm On Jul 02
Sad
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Finegirl734(f): 3:59pm On Jul 02
I'm not supporting the bandits ooo but some lecturers are somehow... Now good ones falls victim

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Enemiesmasquera: 4:15pm On Jul 02
Apc have destroyed Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Blood01Diamond: 4:17pm On Jul 02
Enemiesmasquera:
Apc have destroyed Nigeria..

APC and Islam

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by GanagiBitrus: 4:26pm On Jul 02
Remember those days when North used to be so peaceful. Not anymore now.

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by madridguy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 02
This is another sad news. Just last week a professor was killed in Sokoto.

Well, the FG are the major problem here, by the time the Army/Police arrest the beasts, same government will be taking them to court instead to use sledge hammer to scatter their head.

33 Likes

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Wade501: 6:10pm On Jul 02
Why not shut up if u don't have anything meaningful to say. That man happens to be one of the nicest men on earth, he wasn't killed cous he was wicked. No, not at all.

I'm not supporting the bandits ooo but some lecturers are wicked.. Like very wicked
Who knows what he did before they planned against him

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by SensetionalGoal(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02
You will never see Helinues and yarimo here... They are fixated on Nnamdi Kanu
Any ways I ve stopped exchanging words with idiots...fools

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by DMerciful(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02
Obi would have protected Nigerians better if his mandate wasn't stolen
madridguy:
This is another sad news. Just last week a professor was killed in Sokoto.

Well, the FG are the major problem here, by the time the Army/Police arrest the beasts, same government will be taking them to court instead to use sledge hammer to scatter their head.

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Minime10(m): 6:47pm On Jul 02
treesun:

Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children
A lecturer with the Federal University Dutsinma (FUDMA) in Katsina State, Dr. Tiri Gyan David, has been killed by bandits. Dr David, who was the…

A lecturer with the Federal University Dutsinma (FUDMA) in Katsina State, Dr. Tiri Gyan David, has been killed by bandits.

Dr David, who was the Head of the Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension, and Rural Development of the university, was killed in the early hours of Tuesday.

A resident said the assailants abducted two of the late lecturer’s children after killing him.
The deceased resided at Yarima Quarters, Low-Cost Estate, Dutsinma Local Government Area of Katsina State.

The source added that the bandits invaded the community with sophisticated weapons, shooting sporadically to scare the residents.

Gov Fintiri, Northeast Counterparts lead study tour to Pakistan for post-insurgency disaster management

The Katsina Police Command spokesman, Abubakar Sadiq Aliyu, confirmed the incident but said the command would release a detailed statement about it later.

Recall that in the recent past, some students of the University, who were living off campus, were abducted and later released following negotiations, although authorities said no ransom was paid.

Dutsinma is one of the local government areas grappling with banditry, although there has been a reduction in the rate of attacks in recent times due to the efforts by both the state government and security agencies in tackling the menace.

https://dailytrust.com/katsina-bandits-kill-lecturer-kidnap-his-children/

As I see David for his name, I know his killers would never have spared him bcuz he bears David as one of his names and not Umar 😭

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Minime10(m): 6:53pm On Jul 02
Finegirl734:
I'm not supporting the bandits ooo but some lecturers are wicked.. Like very wicked
Who knows what he did before they planned against him?

What is your point Is there anywhere u read in the story that those that killed the lecturer were students.
Common sense is truly not common

2 Likes

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Finegirl734(f): 6:55pm On Jul 02
Minime10:

What is your point Is there anywhere u read in the story that those that killed the lecturer were students.
Common sense is truly not common
It's your mentality for not getting my message. I never said they were. I was hitting from a different angle concerning lecturers.
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by EmeeNaka: 7:28pm On Jul 02
Finegirl734:
What a foolish response!
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Finegirl734(f): 8:19pm On Jul 02
EmeeNaka:
What a foolish response!
Coming from a responsible fellow?
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:23pm On Jul 02
Minime10:

As I see David for his name, I know his killers would never have spared him bcuz he bears David as one of his names and not Umar 😭

Lol 😂. You are funny. That's why till date, not a single 'Umar' has been killed by bandits. All nah dem 'David'. You funny Nobi small. 😂

28 Likes

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02
I thought Shettima said he will handle security

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Galinton(m): 8:55pm On Jul 02
Finegirl734:
you lack sense seriously
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by LOVEALAIGBO: 9:37pm On Jul 02
Nigeria is one big mess!

21 Likes

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Finegirl734(f): 9:39pm On Jul 02
Galinton:
you lack sense seriously
Your business.
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by rejoice4eva(m): 9:46pm On Jul 02
Until you people start calling ISLAMIC TERRORISTS by their name and not the manipulative names, like bandits or herdsmen or kidnappers, we still have a lot of way to go.

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by madridguy(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02
No one stole your Obi mandate and stop kidding yourself up and down.
Meanwhile, obi should take care of Monday sit at home first.

DMerciful:
Obi would have protected Nigerians better if his mandate wasn't stolen
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by DMerciful(m): 9:59pm On Jul 02
Some of these people being killed said Obi will never be their president, it would be over their dead bodies. And yes, it will be over their dead bodies
madridguy:
No one stole your Obi mandate and stop kidding yourself up and down.
Meanwhile, obi should take care of Monday sit at home first.

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Minime10(m): 10:10pm On Jul 02
Finegirl734:

It's your mentality for not getting my message. I never said they were. I was hitting from a different angle concerning lecturers.

Your kind of hitting, whether it was from angle 360° or angle 90° was rather warp, foolhardy, bereft of any logic and outright senseless
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by Gondonu: 10:17pm On Jul 02
And Buhari that technically defeat Bokos is also in the same Kastina state?

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by madridguy(m): 10:25pm On Jul 02
Stop shifting goal post, your obi never won the election.

DMerciful:
Some of these people being killed said Obi will never be their president, it would be over their dead bodies. And yes, it will be over their dead bodies
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by WhizdomXX(m): 10:33pm On Jul 02
Minime10:

I just tire
Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by AcadaWriter: 11:10pm On Jul 02
Nigeria is one big mess!

1 Like

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by DMerciful(m): 11:25pm On Jul 02
Obi had more votes than Tinubu. They saw Obi winning and shutdown IREV
madridguy:
Stop shifting goal post, your obi never won the election.

Re: Katsina: Bandits Kill Lecturer, Kidnap His Children by alezzy13: 11:45pm On Jul 02
What a sad news.

Yet the army say the kill about 26 of these animals every freaking day!! Over 2000+ since beginning of the year, yet these attacks continue. Them no dey finish?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Glo Caf Award In Ghana Today 03/11/10 / Why Industrial Actions Will Work / Akunyili Honoured In Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.