Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,347 members, 7,910,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 04:27 PM

Who Is Jesus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Jesus (679 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Why Haile Selassie I Is Jesus Christ Of Nazareth... / Jon Snow Is Jesus! 100% Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:06pm On Jul 04
Let's leave the book Bible for a moment to see how you can convince your neighbour who doesn't know nor believe in the Bible why he or she must believe in Jesus of Nazareth.

You can't mention the name of someone and say "he is this, he is that" and when you're asked to prove what you're saying you open the book in your hand to justify your claim.
Is it everyone that believes in what's written inside the book in your hand? undecided
Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 5:10pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible says:

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Are you saying that believing in Jesus is not the only way to salvation? John 14:6

Had it been you read the Bible verses I added to my write up above, you won't ask such a question. The answer to your question is below here

Rom 2:12-16
12. For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

Had it been you read the Bible verses I added to my write up above, you won't ask such a question. The answer to your question is below here
Rom 2:12-16
12. For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Jesus didn't tell the man who told him he has kept all what the law says that he is OK o instead Jesus said the man must become his follower! Luke 18:18-23

So i don't think you understood what apostle Paul is saying there! undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

Believers and unbelievers need Jesus, that is the simplest thing the guy said in which you are mocking and do you think you get sense at all?

I want to see how sensible you are in dealing with what we Jehovah's Witnesses often meet while preaching about the Kingdom of God! Matthew 10:7
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

Believers and unbelievers need Jesus, that is the simplest thing the guy said in which you are mocking and do you think you get sense at all?
I'm waiting for you to prove that what the OP said is the SIMPLEST THING Madam Sharon.
When experienced evangelizers wants to deal with a situation that's difficult you just jump in with insults claiming it's the "simplest thing" the person i quoted doesn't believe in the Bible so how can convince him that he needs Jesus of Nazareth?

Please Madam Sharon i'm waiting!smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

They are just too weak in JWs, I see them as enemies of Christ

Should i give you the whole weekend to prove how sensible you are in handling the situation with an atheist who doesn't believe in the Bible convincing him that he needs Jesus or you need help?
Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 6:03pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus didn't tell the man who told him he has kept all what the law says that he is OK o instead Jesus said the man must become his follower! Luke 18:18-23

So i don't think you understood what apostle Paul is saying there! undecided

What is Apostle Paul saying in Rom 2:12-16?
Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 6:04pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

I'm waiting for you to prove that what the OP said is the SIMPLEST THING Madam Sharon.
When experienced evangelizers wants to deal with a situation that's difficult you just jump in with insults claiming it's the "simplest thing" the person i quoted doesn't believe in the Bible so how can convince him that he needs Jesus of Nazareth?

Please Madam Sharon i'm waiting!smiley

One at a time, finish the one you started before jumping here. What is Apostle Paul saying in Rom 2:12-16?
Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 6:18pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

Should i give you the whole weekend to prove how sensible you are in handling the situation with an atheist who doesn't believe in the Bible convincing him that he needs Jesus or you need help?

I can give you a whole year to prove how sensible you are in handling the situation with atheist who doesn't believe in God not to talk of Bible and Jesus
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

What is Apostle Paul saying in Rom 2:12-16?
Paul was expatiating on Jesus' teachings as he was chosen by Jesus so what did Jesus tell the man who has kept all the laws from his youth? Luke 18:18-23 undecided
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

One at a time, finish the one you started before jumping here. What is Apostle Paul saying in Rom 2:12-16?

Why not address the case of the atheist if you think Paul's letter is enough to convince him?
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04
SharonLoveth:

I can give you a whole year to prove how sensible you are in handling the situation with atheist who doesn't believe in God not to talk of Bible and Jesus

If you knew in the first place why not address the case before my comment?

Oya face him let me step aside and prove how the OP's write up is the simplest thing.

You saw him mocking the whole thing but kept quiet as you don't know how to prove what the OP said without quoting the Bible a book the atheist see as a brainwashing tool but when i want to address the matter you began hauling insult claiming you're fighting for Jesus!
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04
Jesus gave his disciples the theme to preach which is the Kingdom of God {Matthew 10:7} so the preaching doesn't start with Jesus since the people to whom they want to preach don't know Jesus nor give a damn about him.

So what is the Kingdom of God and how does the preacher connect the theme of his message to Jesus of Nazareth?

This is how to catch anyone's attention be it Buddhists, Hindus, Traditionalists, Muslims or Atheists {Mark 1:17} the GOOD NEWS of God's kingdom will interest any right thinking person because we are all affected due to the result of bad government all over the earth! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9
Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 7:52pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

If you knew in the first place why not address the case before my comment?

Oya face him let me step aside and prove how the OP's write up is the simplest thing.

You saw him mocking the whole thing but kept quiet as you don't know how to prove what the OP said without quoting the Bible a book the atheist see as a brainwashing tool but when i want to address the matter you began hauling insult claiming you're fighting for Jesus!

You're the one mocking Christians in your previous write up but I understand your run away tactics while trying to shift it on someone else just because I've exposed your gullibility

MaxInDHouse:

The way members of Christendom churches present Jesus doesn't make sense that's why people like you take the matter as a joke.
Most of them only listen to what their pastors say and since they're not motivational speakers like their pastors they don't know how to convey what they heard to appeal to others that's why they only mimic few things and quote the same scriptures that everyone already knows.

Why is it compulsory to believe in Jesus?

I think that's the question you will like to know the answer without quoting what Jesus' own disciples said about him i will prove to you that there's nobody on this planet who doesn't need the TEACHINGS of Jesus if we must please the Almighty God.

Next question that may come to heart is since some have lived and died before Jesus' times and God has declared them righteous will such people also need his TEACHINGS to please Almighty God?

These two questions will be treated if you're willing to reason maturely.

Thanks! smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 7:53pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

Why not address the case of the atheist if you think Paul's letter is enough to convince him?

I don't have anything to do with atheist but with you for mocking the Christians

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 7:58pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:

Paul was expatiating on Jesus' teachings as he was chosen by Jesus so what did Jesus tell the man who has kept all the laws from his youth? Luke 18:18-23 undecided

And the expatiating word of Apostle Paul in Rom 2:12-16 regards Christ's teachings has answered your question, so stop arguing blindly

MaxInDHouse:

The Bible says:

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Are you saying that believing in Jesus is not the only way to salvation? John 14:6

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus by Renewedstrength(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04
MaxInDHouse:
Let's leave the book Bible for a moment to see how you can convince your neighbour who doesn't know nor believe in the Bible why he or she must believe in Jesus of Nazareth.

You can't mention the name of someone and say "he is this, he is that" and when you're asked to prove what you're saying you open the book in your hand to justify your claim.
Is it everyone that believes in what's written inside the book in your hand? undecided
You don't need the bible to know there is God.

People had faith in God before the coming of Christ and Christ himself is God, christ became a human to die so that anyone who believes in him would be saved regardless if they know him in the flesh or not.
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:08am On Jul 05
SharonLoveth:

You're the one mocking Christians in your previous write up but I understand your run away tactics while trying to shift it on someone else just because I've exposed your gullibility

Madam just admit you goofed because there has always been complaints on what people claiming Christians don't get right and that has not made the heavens fall!

Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:09am On Jul 05
SharonLoveth:

I don't have anything to do with atheist but with you for mocking the Christians

Because you don't know how to preach other than what your so called pastors told you just follow up and learn.
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:13am On Jul 05
Renewedstrength:
You don't need the bible to know there is God.

People had faith in God before the coming of Christ and Christ himself is God, christ became a human to die so that anyone who believes in him would be saved regardless if they know him in the flesh or not.

Thw first sentence will be taken by billions as truth but the second only works in the midst of people who takes the Bible seriously to others you're just a brainwashed woman carrying the white man's book in your head.

So leave all that story of someone came from heaven to die for sin and face reality nobody cares about what your religious book says if you don't have something tangible to say about what is affecting them presently.
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:47am On Jul 05
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus gave his disciples the theme to preach which is the Kingdom of God {Matthew 10:7} so the preaching doesn't start with Jesus since the people to whom they want to preach don't know Jesus nor give a damn about him.

So what is the Kingdom of God and how does the preacher connect the theme of his message to Jesus of Nazareth?

This is how to catch anyone's attention be it Buddhists, Hindus, Traditionalists, Muslims or Atheists {Mark 1:17} the GOOD NEWS of God's kingdom will interest any right thinking person because we are all affected due to the result of bad government all over the earth! Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9

In the Bible God promised a lot of goodies for those who will make it into the Kingdom reign of the Christ.
For instance there will be:

No more deaths! Isaiah 25:8
Abundance of food globally! Psalms 72:16
No sickness! Isaiah 33:24
No more crime! Psalms 37:9-11
No natural disaster! Psalms 67:6-7
Man and beasts friendship! Isaiah 11:6-7
Unity globally among humans! Zephaniah 3:9
No more wars! Psalms 46:9
No more oldage! Job 33:25
No more bad government! Daniel 2:44

This are the things Jesus' disciples will tell any individual who listens to them as they quote the Bible among their own people.

But how are they going to connect all these to Jesus as the long awaited Messiah (Christ) who will fulfill these?
And what about people who don't know what is written in the Jewish scriptures?
How will the Christians preach to such ones?

To be continued......
Re: Who Is Jesus by johnw47: 1:20am On Jul 05
Renewedstrength:
christ became a human to die so that anyone who believes in him would be saved

MaxInDHouse:

leave all that story of someone came from heaven to die for sin

lost mad max
the Word/Jesus Christ coming from heaven and dying for the sins of the world
is the main point of the Bible

false jw, your devil colours cannot be hidden, but then you also make the Lord Jesus Christ to be a deceiver:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 1:40am On Jul 05
MaxInDHouse:

Because you don't know how to preach other than what your so called pastors told you just follow up and learn.

Bible made it clear that they are a fool in Psalms 14:1 and went further by saying that I shouldn't answer them by their folly. But by the way it seems you're one of them.

The one I'm telling you here is even more than preaching rather than carrying one updated hand bag disturbing people's peace by knocking at their doors and gates with your nonsense teaching

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Jesus by SharonLoveth(f): 1:50am On Jul 05
MaxInDHouse:

Madam just admit you goofed because there has always been complaints on what people claiming Christians don't get right and that has not made the heavens fall!

Attention shifted to another man again. So what Christians don't get right is what you get right inside your hall right?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06am On Jul 05
SharonLoveth:

Bible made it clear that they are a fool in Psalms 14:1 and went further by saying that I shouldn't answer them by their folly. But by the way it seems you're one of them.
With this it's obvious you don't understand the Bible but let me answer for the benefit of other followers of this thread.
Psalms 14:1 says:

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

The verse isn't referring to someone who openly declared his stand regarding the existence of God but most people who have a form of godly devotion yet proving false to His powers! 2Timothy 3:5

So many religionists are atheists in their hearts but openly they are declaring they know God it's only God who can read hearts that knows they don't believe He exists!

SharonLoveth:

The one I'm telling you here is even more than preaching rather than carrying one updated hand bag disturbing people's peace by knocking at their doors and gates with your nonsense teaching
Since you don't know how to face the atheist i will stop responding to you and deliver my message before leaving the thread as for knocking on doors and gates that's Jesus' order {Matthew 10:11-13} and mind you most people in his time also believe he is teaching nonsense! John 10:20

Thanks for your time! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:18am On Jul 05
MaxInDHouse:

In the Bible God promised a lot of goodies for those who will make it into the Kingdom reign of the Christ.
For instance there will be:

No more deaths! Isaiah 25:8
Abundance of food globally! Psalms 72:16
No sickness! Isaiah 33:24
No more crime! Psalms 37:9-11
No natural disaster! Psalms 67:6-7
Man and beasts friendship! Isaiah 11:6-7
Unity globally among humans! Zephaniah 3:9
No more wars! Psalms 46:9
No more oldage! Job 33:25
No more bad government! Daniel 2:44

This are the things Jesus' disciples will tell any individual who listens to them as they quote the Bible among their own people.

But how are they going to connect all these to Jesus as the long awaited Messiah (Christ) who will fulfill these?

To be continued......

So Jesus' Jewish disciples will tell their own people that it's time to get themselves involved in the endtime works which their God has foretold will bring a blessing to all the inhabitants of the earth {Genesis 12:3 compare to Zechariah 8:23} of course faithful Jews will like to know how Jesus' disciples arrived at that conclusion that's why they must perform miracles in Jesus name {Matthew 10:8} the next question is:
"who is this Jesus the disciples are using his name to perform all the things their God has promised?" Joel 2:28-30
That's the time Jesus' disciples will reveal that he is the same person their people rejected but God has made him both Lord and Christ. Act 2:36
Surely no sincere and honest hearted Jew can hear that without trembling at the mention of that name! Act 2:37-41
So it's not the name Jesus that should start the message if so nobody would have listened to them in the first place.
Re: Who Is Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45am On Jul 05
The people of the nations don't need miracles to believe in gods because they are used to magic no supernatural gifts can make them leave their own former religion! Exodus 7:11
That is why they must start with the condition of things generally in the world, this conditions are tiring to all the inhabitants of planet earth {Romans 8:22} with that most people will love to listen to know how such things will come to an end therefore the Christians will teach their listeners that the problems is as a result of bad governance that humans established over themselves {1Samuel 8:10-18} so instead of supporting human governments and carrying weapons against our fellow humans why can't we stand out different to make the world a better place? Isaiah 2:2-4
No sane human will hear that and not ask the Christians:
Who brought this wonderful idea and what about other things like natural disasters that we can't solve by ourselves?
That's the time to bring in the name of Jesus the world's most wonderful counselor of all time {Isaiah 9:6} whose supernatural gifts has proved that he is capable of solving mankind's problems! John 21:25
But when misinformed churchgoers wants to start their messages they begin with Jesus as if people care to know someone whom they never knew his relevance in their lives that's what the demons in Jesus' time wanted to start by declaring Jesus as the Son of God instead of allowing people to reason themselves and see how Jesus is relevant to their lives {Luke 4:41} so Jesus silenced them {Mark 1:254} because he perfectly understood their motives that they're trying to bring in confusion {1Corinthians 14:34} God's message should be carried out decently, orderly and by arrangement! 1Corinthians 14:40

Today there is contradictions in all the places as different demons are initiating countless religions with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all in the name of Jesus! smiley
Re: Who Is Jesus by Janosky: 9:31am On Jul 05
SharonLoveth:

Attention shifted to another man again. So what Christians don't get right is what you get right inside your hall right?

What you claimed you get right in Christendom is in the screenshots.
*Sexual molestation of minors in Christendom.

*Christendom covering up Sexual molestation & abuse of minors.

*Your gods of men & sheeples serving jail terms for the crime you are WAILING about JW's.

MUMU Hypocrite.
grin grin

Re: Who Is Jesus by armchairscholar: 9:37am On Jul 05
The Bible presents Jesus as both divine and human.
Jesus is the eternal Word of God who became flesh (John 1:1, 14).
He is the promised Messiah, fulfilling Old Testament prophecies.
Titles such as Lamb of God, Good Shepherd, and Light of the World describe His roles.
Apostle Paul emphasizes Jesus’ humility and obedience (Philippians 2:6-7).
Re: Who Is Jesus by johnw47: 11:30am On Jul 05
Janosky:
What you claimed you get right in Christendom is in the screenshots.
Sexual molestation of minors in Christendom.
Christendom covering up Sexual molestation & abuse of minors.
Your gods of men & sheeples serving jail terms for the crime you are WAILING about JW's.
MUMU Hypocrite.
grin grin

ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

very dum and lost fraud jw janosky
that's terrible stuff, but glad you know that you are not part of Christianity:

Christendom

1. the collective body of Christians throughout the world or throughout history.
2. an obsolete word for Christianity.

quote my hypocrisy oh simpleton and liar
Re: Who Is Jesus by sonmvayina(m): 11:51am On Jul 05
Renewedstrength:
absolutely they need him.

For what?

Do you really know the meaning of idolatry ?
Re: Who Is Jesus by kppo(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05
@OP Your topic says "Who is Jesus?". I asked Meta AI and this is what I got:

Jesus of Nazareth, also known as Jesus Christ, is the central figure of Christianity and one of the most influential people in human history. He is believed by Christians to be:

1. The Son of God and the second person of the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
2. The Messiah (or Christ) prophesied in the Old Testament.
3. The savior of humanity, who came to Earth to save people from sin and its consequences.
4. The embodiment of God's love and grace.
5. A teacher, who preached about God's kingdom and taught valuable lessons through parables and sermons.
6. A healer, who performed miracles and wonders.
7. A sacrifice, who died on the cross to atone for the sins of humanity.
8. The risen Lord, who was resurrected on the third day and appeared to his disciples.

Jesus' life, teachings, death, and resurrection are described in the New Testament of the Bible, specifically in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. He is revered by billions of people around the world as a spiritual leader, a moral guide, and a symbol of hope and redemption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Guy I Met On Internet Wants Advice. Jesus Appeared In A Dream To Him. / Should Christians Judge? / Jesus Resurrection ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.