Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim (23970 Views)

Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Appoints 100 Special Assistants / Jimoh Ibrahim Wins Ondo South Senatorial Seat / Jimoh Ibrahim Visits Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Bobloco: 5:22am
"As I am here, I check my phone regularly and I know the number of guns that are very close to me here. This is just less than one thousand installations. Within us now, there are over 277 guns around here just because an armoury is close to this place."

The senator representing Ondo South Senatorial District, Jimoh Ibrahim, has said there are over 277 guns within the National Assembly and the Presidential Villa.

Mr Ibrahim disclosed this during the plenary on Wednesday when he was contributing to a motion sponsored by the Senate Chief Whip, Ali Ndume, on the recent bombings in Gwoza town of Borno State.

The senator explained that he has an application on his mobile phone which can detect the number of guns within his jurisdictions.

He did not, however, mention those bearing the guns.

“I don’t want to take much of your time but I will say clearly it costs nothing for the intelligent army to get devices in their phone to know where these notorious criminals live.

“As I am here, I check my phone regularly and I know the number of guns that are very close to me here. This is just less than one thousand installations. Within us now, there are over 277 guns around here just because an armoury is close to this place,”
he said.

He advised the Nigerian military to adopt the use of technology rather than deploying officers to crime scenes.

“So, what I am saying is, with technology, just like distinguished Senator Ndume had said, to deploy technology rather than using soldiers.”

How to track guns with bullets
While Mr Ibrahim was speaking, the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, interrupted him and asked how one could determine whether the detected guns had bullets.

“Do you know out of the 277 guns around you here now, do you know how many of them have bullets inside?” Mr Akpabio asked.

The senator laughed and said there was a probability that half of the guns would be equipped with bullets.

“Mr Senate President, we can actually do a probability, if we have 277 guns close to you within the radius of one kilometre, there is a probability that half of them have bullets and that is dangerous and we need to find out the source of those guns but because I can locate that the armoury close to us and very close to the villa , then I can understand that we are safe,” he said.

Conventional war
Mr Ibrahim, a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) urged the military to prioritise the use of technology in tracking criminals and their hideouts.

“I want to say very clearly that the military should stop using unconventional strategies to fight insurgency in Nigeria. There is a distinction between unconventional and conventional strategy. We need to use conventional strategy to fight unconventional war. Boko Haram is an unconventional war.

“We are all aware of what happened in Kenya. We cannot close our eyes, we need to wake up. So, I will finally suggest to you, Mr Senate President and my distinguished colleagues that this Senate under your leadership must have a closed-door meeting for one day and then use that whole day to discuss security matters.

“Our lives are very important. Living with insecurity cannot be the only way to understand security, we should not get to that.

“How can you be going for a wedding and somebody just put a bomb to attack you and people started dying. It is uncalled for, it is rejected in totality of its formulation.”

The proliferation, circulation and trafficking of small arms and light weapons in the country in recent years are alarming. There have been killings in different regions of the country. Civilians and security operatives have been victims of these killings.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/709408-there-are-over-277-guns-around-national-assembly-senator.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by helinues: 5:24am
It's for preparation for those who might want to invade NA.

Na shoot at sight things

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by gistray: 5:27am
No peace for the wicked.

Inside your own country too?

9 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Bobloco: 5:30am
Is Mr. Senator afraid?

But he should know that all political power comes from the barrel of a gun.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Holyfic: 5:45am
Weda na 1 million kala de around 500m radius the day when masses go change am for una to say enough is enough nothing go fit stop dem, so nor use that one threaten anybody punk a**

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Bamss1: 5:55am
Fear catch Akpabio, he dey ask if bullets dey the guns.
Mr Senator also get an app that will notify you of hungry people around you

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Freestainworld(m): 6:02am
Them no go get app wey go tell them if nigerians are suffering

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Standing5(m): 6:05am
helinues:

Na shoot at sight things
at least you admit invasion of the NA is a possibility.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by RighteousDemon: 6:11am
Akpabio is a nuisance. How can someone this dull head the senate?

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by NorthernersSuck: 6:14am
helinues:

Na shoot at sight things

This guy get work at all? Commenting on every thread here and there. Anybody wey dey feed you dey try I swear. Akpa Amu grin grin grin grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Gadafii: 6:44am
Mr senator, please tell us how many guns are around you for your own personal security from DSS and NPF,

3 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by GanagiBitrus: 7:08am
Is there really any app that detects number of guns in a vicinity?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by bigdammyj: 7:48am
Noted.
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Stephaniegold(f): 7:49am
Sebi senators na 109...make Dem dey shot themselves with one one shot naaaa....so dat Nig go get peace

1 Like

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by adioolayi(m): 7:49am
This Senator is well read..

And that's why he drops lamba confidently .. thinking everyone else na fo*l

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by tommy589(m): 7:49am
Interesting
Our defence managers has no use for apps or anything cost saving that makes crime fighting easy. Sen. Ibrahim should just tell us if the apps is on playstore

2 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by tunjijones(m): 7:49am
The guns shd be used to kill all of you so that Nigeria can move forward.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by MartinsD12(m): 7:50am
RighteousDemon:
Akpabio is a nuisance. How can someone this dull head the senate?
Tinubu put am there

8 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by PheelzAlmighty: 7:50am
Wow...
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Lovenorth: 7:51am
One day the hunter would become the hunted
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by akanbiaa(m): 7:51am
Okay
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by ChizzyBuna(m): 7:51am
Translation :
If una try that rubbish wey Kenya people do
We go massacre una like chicken
We get over 200 guns
If you know say Dem born you well, try and do what Kenya gen z youths do.

Normally, Nigerian youths are Cowards

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Nairalander248: 7:51am
To kill Nigerians during protest?

2 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by theophorus(m): 7:52am
Uncle Jimoh,
Abeg update us on the App wen dey do the tracking of the number of Guns around you.

We know say corruption na the major reason why Insecurity dey this Country but who will be the cat?

3 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by 1gbdata: 7:52am
Nawa
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Tallesty1(m): 7:52am
Bamss1:
Fear catch Akpabio, he dey ask if bullets dey the guns.
Mr Senator also get an app that will notify you of hungry people around you
Man always asks stupid questions

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Michael547(m): 7:52am
Na wa
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by delzbaba(m): 7:52am
Stupid lies, this man should never govern any person or state.

9 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Antoeni(m): 7:53am
Nigeria Military Still Operate With Analog Tactics in Tackling Insecurity. challenges

2 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by shortgun(m): 7:53am
The cowards said they are aware of what happened in Kenya and will become more vigilantgrin grin grin

They need not worry, Nigerians are too devided and too docile to replicate what happened in Kenya. We all saw how one ethnic group was singled out and blamed for End Sars.

11 Likes

Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by Cj4charles(m): 7:54am
helinues:

Na shoot at sight things
angry
Re: There Are Over 277 Guns Around National Assembly – Senator Jimoh Ibrahim by XXXsearch: 7:54am
Anytime I see Tinimbum, I remember Darken Rahl, the famous character in Legend of the seeker who's mission on earth was to deceitfully suffocate mankind and bring hell to them on earth playing the devil's wish

Tinimbum represents evil and wickedness while pretending to be God's sent, this was exactly how Darken Rahl played it.

Deceiving only gullible followers

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamido Names Streets After ‘G7-Governors’ / Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari / Buhari Will Lose Power In 2019 — Dino Melaye (Throwback Video)

Viewing this topic: orledaj(m), oairhunmwunde, collins07(m), smoke9910(m), LawalTaye1, D5484(m), Fatherson, ferdvict2(m), emrino(m), Dejavu111, sbashir10(m) and 26 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.