Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,007 members, 7,880,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor (12208 Views)

Moment A Pastor Revealed To A Lady That Her Husband Is Her Dead Brother / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo / "My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by tunjijones(m): 8:37am
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Badexx: 8:37am
Botragelad:
Do people actually give credence to what these individuals say? How laughable!

Marriage is intended to be a partnership, distinct from the ownership and control inherent in slavery, I believe. Yet, individuals like this perpetuate sexist ideologies that blur these lines.

If someone finds themselves in a volatile and abusive relationship, where they feel 'owned' or controlled by their spouse, how can they possibly escape? Does he not comprehend the fundamental human rights that are violated by 'owning' another person?

Always trying to sound smart and civilised but keep deceiving yourself with your illusions. Why do men sweat through their anus to pay exorbitant pride price then?

7 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by GloriousGbola: 8:38am
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWhPaSoIyuA

Man is asserting his Christian right.
Misguided Westernized women better recognize angry
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by DeepSight(m): 8:38am
God1000:
I think the bible made that clear but men should treat their wives with utmost respect

The bible (and the Quoran) are f.....ked up barbaric books.

4 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by BABANGBALI: 8:38am
Mynd44 I hope you don hear?

This weather 🌧️ will make people in long distance relationship understand why Banks have branches nation wide 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by lexy2014: 8:39am
PortHarcourtcit:
Unperturbedpota, please tell this man that your wife is not your slave too, because you married her does not automatically make her your slave, she is your Queen and the mother of your children... I thank God almighty for creating women, such a lovely creature he made ... 💞

If you own children, does that mean they are your slaves?

6 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Badexx: 8:40am
Kizzygentle:
I don't support this in every form. This man should be stripped from been a pastor abeg. I'm a guy and this is the worst thing I have heard his year. Women may want equality with men which is wrong but u saying women are owned by theor husband and should not be friends with the husband is totally unacceptable. Please drop the mic and never climb a pulpit again..

That's how its supposed to be, women need to be tamed all the time, little freedom and they will start to misbehave, go ask our forefathers how they managed to marry so many wives without stress, even bible said it too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by heniford2: 8:40am
Botragelad:

Marriage is intended to be a partnership, distinct from the ownership and control inherent in slavery, I believe. Yet, individuals like this perpetuate sexist ideologies that blur these lines.

If someone finds themselves in a volatile and abusive relationship, where they feel 'owned' or controlled by their spouse, how can they possibly escape? Does he not comprehend the fundamental human rights that are violated by 'owning' another person?

when someone pays your parents bridal price what does it mean he pays money to your father and mother to your community and elders with goat chicken and all that and you say he doesn't own you, why then did ur parents agree to accept money 🤔 he owns you mdfker

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by iamtoofan: 8:41am
Kizzygentle:
I don't support this in every form. This mam should be stripped from been a pastor abeg. I'm a guy and this is the worst thing I have heard his year. Women may want equality with men which is wrong but u saying women are owned and should not be friends with the husband is totally unacceptable. Please drop the mic and never climb a pulpit again..

The pastor is right, the Man owns his wife lets just add what he forgot to mention, the Wife owns the Man tew, if not why do the wife inherit the husband's property, that is one rare/unavailable privilege for anyone purporting slave

Ownership does not negate friendship

2 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by spencekat(m): 8:41am
Husband is the head of every family. No doubt about that.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Elly1(m): 8:41am
[quote author=Botragelad post=130786849]Do people actually give credence to what these individuals say? How laughable!

Then
What’s brides price?
By the word owned
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by saddler: 8:42am
Botragelad:

African Marriage unfortunately isnt any sugar-coated partnership. If it were partnership, then there wouldn't be rites where a man is expected to pay a bride price as well as meet other obligations before he is given a bride.

Women who dont want to be owned should stop getting married. Just have a boyfriend and get pregnant if you desire a baby.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:42am
lexy2014:

please read what typed again... You just rushed to comment without reading it first...
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by TheSuperX(m): 8:43am
Cococandy, pocohantas won't agree with the pastor's words.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by descarado: 8:43am
[quote author=Elly1 post=130787085][/quote]
In other words, Indian ladies own their husbands.

This forum is filled with very low iq people.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by StopTheBan: 8:44am
Namaster:
If you ever want to listen to UTTER folly being spewed with confidence, go to a church.
i just tire

Wetin be Own 🤦🏽‍♂️
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Badexx: 8:44am
Basildvalour:
She is a toy?

You can choose to call her that because I acquired her with my money and still provide for her, so

3 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by NairalandGOAT1: 8:44am
Unfortunately, this is the annoying truth!

It takes extra grace, maturity and the love of God for you not to see and treat your wife in this perspective.

If you're single stay out of my mention but if you're married and was physically present during the payment of your wife's bride price where you witnessed all the negotiations from top to bottom to see how a human being is being priced like a common product then you'd understand what this post is all about!!

Again, It takes extra grace, maturity and the love of God for you not to see and treat your wife as possession.

5 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Elvis2kay: 8:45am
Confusion everywhere with christianity. That's I return to Ifá Olókùn Aṣọ ọ̀rọ̀ di Ayọ
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by cococandy(f): 8:45am
GloriousGbola:

Man is asserting his Christian right.
Misguided Westernized women better recognize angry
grin
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by CaptainFM1: 8:45am
Botragelad:

The world will be better without religions. These so called men of god's are assuming or conferring unnecessary authority on themselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Lucifyre: 8:46am
Botragelad:

If someone finds themselves in a volatile and abusive relationship, where they feel 'owned' or controlled by their spouse, how[center][/center] can they possibly escape? Does he not comprehend the fundamental human rights that are violated by 'owning' another person?

But according to the bible he's right. Misogyny is no thing.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by spencekat(m): 8:46am
lexy2014:

Ask her ooo. If a girl won't submit to her husband,there is no need getting married.

2 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Botragelad: 8:47am
heniford2:
when someone pays your parents bridal price what does it mean he pays money to your father and mother to your community and elders with goat chicken and all that and you say he doesn't own you, why then did ur parents agree to accept money 🤔 he owns you mdfker
This statement is really silly! Paying bride price is a cultural tradition, not a way to buy a person. It's like a wedding gift, not a purchase.

When parents accept gifts or money, it doesn't mean they're giving up their child's freedom. It's a kind gesture, not a contract. And with goats and chickens being mentioned, do you really think the number of animals traded decides how much control someone has? That's ridiculous! Get rid of such outdated way of thinking.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by StopTheBan: 8:47am
descarado:

In other words, Indian ladies own their husbands.

This forum is filled with very low iq people.
Not just this forum!

It's actually the way the average Nigerian think and reason.

We're still living in the stone age.. Abi medieval period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Botragelad: 8:48am
Lucifyre:

But according to the bible he's right. Misogyny is no thing.
Yes, the Bible!
In your head you think everyone practice the same faith as yourself! Lol

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by tctrills: 8:48am
Botragelad:

While I believe that marriage should be a partnership, for many it's an ownership. And in many traditions and religious, marriage is more or less an ownership.
The question is, who is right? We who look to marriage as a partnership or those who see it as an ownership?
Who ends up with the more successful marriage?
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by lexy2014: 8:49am
PortHarcourtcit:
please read what typed again... You just rushed to comment without reading it first...

how is what you responded to a comment?

when did questions become comments?

dont you know the difference?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Botragelad: 8:49am
Badexx:

Always trying to sound smart and civilised but keep deceiving yourself with your illusions. Why do men sweat through their anus to pay exorbitant pride price then?
Were you forced? Simple sense. 😂

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by confydoedowaye(m): 8:50am
Basildvalour:
She is a toy?

Don't misquote the gentleman. Why sarcastically use "toy"?, why not use "the universe". Your husband owns u like humans own the universe. Humans protect the universe against global warming, invasion of aliens, technological obsolescence, animal and plant extinction etc and humans play superior role on the universe over other mammals and animals. Ownership is not for toys only. Husband own their wife because they want to completely provide for their wives all their needs, protect their wives with their lives, enjoy sexual pleasure and produce children with their wives. The man is the head and not the controller, the leader and not the ruler. THE STRENGTH OF A WOMAN LIES ON HER ABILITY TO USE HER WEAKNESS TO HER ADVANTAGE...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Kizzygentle: 8:51am
Badexx:

That's how its supposed to be, women need to be tamed all the time, little freedom and they will start to misbehave, go ask our forefathers how they managed to marry so many wives without stress, even bible said it too
Times have changed... Don't compare then and now. No woman want to be 100percent controlled again when there is SM and platforms were different specie of men dey disturb them. The ones wey ready to worship am,the ones wey dey spoil am with millions, the ones and a whole lot and one man wan come dominate her life. U go just get high blood pressure. So just relax man. Honestly eh, the bible needs to change as well.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by 7arrows: 8:51am
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWhPaSoIyuA

I don't get it, I just don't know what da FK is wrong with you guys calling yourselves pastors. When you want to thrend you just look for something obviously stupid to say and spill it out without a second thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Return Nigeria To God" - Pastor John Oluwadare Urges Buhari, Others / If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / Price Of TB Joshua Anointed Water #5000

Viewing this topic: niyo001(m), mekleelex200(m), queengift(f), Trust22(m), Ofemmanutosure, thomwell, Enbrain21(m), Jakasibo(m), Gbogbowa, Kamsiroyce, Davidgregs(m), tosyne2much(m), Winneepye and 35 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.