Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,014 members, 7,880,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:30 PM

Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor (12409 Views)

Moment A Pastor Revealed To A Lady That Her Husband Is Her Dead Brother / Modele Fatoyinbo: I Am Not Your Friend If You Don’t Celebrate Biodun Fatoyinbo / "My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by AdeCityzen(m): 9:27am
Botragelad:

A wedding gift is a symbolic gesture, not a transactional exchange. It's akin to a graduation present, not a purchase.

Again, your market analogy is a straw man argument. In a market transaction, ownership is transferred through a mutually agreed-upon exchange. In a wedding, the "gift" is a token of celebration, not a purchase agreement. Apples and oranges, my dear fellow!

To be sincere, your reliance on simplistic "rules" and analogies betrays a lack of intellectual curiosity. The world is not reducible to binary platitudes. Context, nuance, and cultural understanding are essential to meaningful discourse.

By the way, you are incoherent. Work on your vocabulary.
Sir, i want to be your student as from today. Your views and knowledge are so unreal to shy away from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by lexy2014: 9:28am
PortHarcourtcit:
oboy,, your wife is not your slave, is it your children that will be your slave? Please use your own head small and stop asking silly Questions...

how is what you responded to a comment?

when did questions become comments?

dont you know the difference?

If you own children, does that mean they are your slaves?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by heniford2: 9:29am
Calitoscassius:
I see your point, you are not backwards afterall. grin your views do sound backward though.
depends on how low your sense of reasoning is mate.so if you want to have a partner ensure she contribute to her marriage rite that's if she agrees to it.😂🤌🏿

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by lexy2014: 9:30am
Winnin009:

You own properties. Kids aren’t properties.

People have kids.

If you own children, does that mean they are your slaves? yes or no

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Badexx: 9:31am
Winnin009:

What’s crazy is that it’s men like you that type these online that are the simps in reality. I know your type very well.

Lol.

Your next reply will be a weak defense or a poorly constructed insult; like I said, I know your type very well.

Lol it's all love from here because you have done me no wrong, but my perception still remains my perception, and yours too remains yours

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Bluffly: 9:31am
Mumu Pastor.
He should go back to the beginning, directly to the word of God.
Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him......Helper, supporter, lifter, succour......
How does this.
Yes Sarah called Abraham my Lord. It is a sign of respect for the husband because God designated him as the head and overseer of the marriage and not the owner. Both are joint heirs 1 Peter 3:7.

If they call themselves baby, they are only being romantic to each other and not derogatory. With all thy settings get understanding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Winnin009: 9:32am
NairalandGOAT1:
Unfortunately, this is the annoying truth!

It takes extra grace, maturity and the love of God for you not to see and treat your wife in this perspective.

If you're single stay out of my mention but if you're married and was physically present during the payment of your wife's bride price where you witnessed all the negotiations from top to bottom to see how a human being is being priced like a common product then you'd understand what this post is all about!!

Again, It takes extra grace, maturity and the love of God for you not to see and treat your wife as possession.

Anything to justify crap as always. The pastor was making reference to the Bible; you’re making reference to your lame traditional rites as your justification.

Kindly show us where the Bible gives you the permission to “buy” your wife and treat her as your what?!

The Bible says two become one; where is the room for owner and property in 1?!

Moreso, if bride price is a justifiable reason to see your wife as a property, what of nations where men are seen as the prize and women have to pay a groom price?!

The man has automatically become her property too; I mean, she and her family must have seen all the deliberation and bargaining hence, she can treat him as she wants; I mean, she rightfully paid and bought him, is it not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Kizzygentle: 9:35am
vowiski:

He was talking to Worshipers , he wasn’t talking to the whole world ..

It’s like saying you don’t like to hear preachers asking for money, when the Holy book emphasizes giving.

If you ain’t a Christian , it’s not for you.
Take a seat
Them why broadcast it,why not just do a manual preaching were there would be no recording. Hissss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by jedisco(m): 9:36am
Antoeni:
Ladies f you are not ready to be LOYAL AND SUBMISSIVE to a man, stay single and be m!ser@ble.

If a man can't tell you what to do, stay in your father's house and suffer with a Love Machine every night for the rest of your life

Being single does not equate to being miserable. There are loads of miserable families in Nigeria.

Women are not your punching bag. If you want to feel 'alpha' you start with fellow men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Vulcan24(m): 9:36am
Botragelad:
Do people actually give credence to what these individuals say? How laughable!

Marriage is intended to be a partnership, distinct from the ownership and control inherent in slavery, I believe. Yet, individuals like this perpetuate sexist ideologies that blur these lines.

If someone finds themselves in a volatile and abusive relationship, where they feel 'owned' or controlled by their spouse, how can they possibly escape? Does he not comprehend the fundamental human rights that are violated by 'owning' another person?

Did u read the gibberish you just typed! Let me analyse it for you: this is what is called vain argument! What is your qualifications and have you ever made any headline with your vanity? The personality speaking am sure is more knowledgeable than your assumed wokeness here!
He cited an example from the scripture and he was exact and contextual but on your vain pride and ITK you diverted the argument to FHR! Read wife and understand the rites in marriage and see if you are told you are going into partnership or show me the contract papers signed at weddings!

Marriage is a divine institution and all it's tenets are drawn from religious books ! The idiuts that tries to coexist it with human laws are the ones preaching your school of thought and eventually introducing same sex shit and feminisms etc!

I wish we could meet in person and I will underline how marriage is absolutely diff from human rights to u!

Meanwhile your response is absolutely vain
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Kizzygentle: 9:36am
Badexx:

Bro I don't fucking care how many men wants to worship you or lick your feet, you mess up I discard you like a spoilt TV in my house, that's the point
Lols.. you will learn my bro.. no be by gra gra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Winnin009: 9:36am
Botragelad:

This statement is really silly! Paying bride price is a cultural tradition, not a way to buy a person. It's like a wedding gift, not a purchase.

When parents accept gifts or money, it doesn't mean they're giving up their child's freedom. It's a kind gesture, not a contract. And with goats and chickens being mentioned, do you really think the number of animals traded decides how much control someone has? That's ridiculous! Get rid of such outdated way of thinking.

Na poor man dey get that mindset. Person weh dey count meat for soup go definitely think say he fit use goat and drinks take exchange human beings.

Same persons are fond of seeing bride price as poverty alleviation; I mean, he paid through his nose to marry; his potential son in law too will pay through the nose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Kizzygentle: 9:37am
Pimine:

You didn't call him. Make your point but don't cross the line.
Na God call am to dey yarn okpat abi.. dey play my fans.. Pastors will finish all your brains very soon. Don't wake up to reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Calitoscassius(m): 9:37am
heniford2:
depends on how low your sense of reasoning is mate.so if you want to have a partner ensure she contribute to her marriage rite that's if she agrees to it.😂🤌🏿
Absolutely! grin I didn't see it from this point before.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by EreluRoz: 9:38am
He's right, make he own all the bills too.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by descarado: 9:38am
Winnin009:

Another angle. I like your type of person.
When you show them reality they will totally ignore the comment.

Running mouth chochocho like parrot.

See as their heads dey swell up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by lexy2014: 9:38am
Winnin009:

You own properties. Kids aren’t properties.

People have kids.

so if you "own" properties and not kids, does that mean that you dont "have" properties?
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Kizzygentle: 9:39am
Entanglement:
na your wife pay your groom price?

As far you pay bride price, you own that bitch
U sound like an evil dude... just look at such response.Hope your mum was controlled and colonised by your dad because he paid bride price and hope your sis too will be done same way like wise your daughter and they all would be called bitches

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Winnin009: 9:40am
lexy2014:

If you own children, does that mean they are your slaves? yes or no

You don’t own kids; you have kids.
You don’t have property; you own property.

Property can be traded in later time.
Kids can’t be traded at anytime.

If you can trade your kid, then you own them.

If you can’t trade your kid, then you have them.

It’s a very simple concept.

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by descarado: 9:41am
heniford2:
yo mehn if you pay for my daughter bridal price you own my daughter if she doesn't want anymore I will return ur money back and have her back
In india, women pay their bride price.
So they own their husbands ni?

This place is just what it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by travelzcruix: 9:41am
Anguldi:
Nigerian ladies get offended from this kind of statement tongue

That's why she's your rider 😁

Meanwhile

When I marry pocohantas, am changing her name, status, location, looks, orientation.

Full ownership grin
full option, hahaha

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by AdeCityzen(m): 9:41am
Winnin009:

Anything to justify crap as always. The pastor was making reference to the Bible; you’re making reference to your lame traditional rites as your justification.

Kindly show us where the Bible gives you the permission to “buy” your wife and treat her as your what?!

The Bible says two become one; where is the room for owner and property in 1?!

Moreso, if bride price is a justifiable reason to see your wife as a property, what of nations where men are seen as the prize and women have to pay a groom price?!

The man has automatically become her property too; I mean, she and her family must have seen all the deliberation and bargaining hence, she can treat him as she wants; I mean, she rightfully paid and bought him, is it not?
Boss, tiyin po.. Leave them
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Winnin009: 9:44am
Badexx:

You might keep deceiving yourself Mr man and you can twist my comments however it pleases you but we all know it not easy to get married in this part of the world especially when you meet someone greedy hungry family, so me using that phrase wasn't wrong

I didn’t twist your words; I simply mirrored it back to you and I’m sure you can see how distasteful it is.

Yeah; you see those greedy parents you spoke about; that’s you in years to come if you keep up with this mindset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by travelzcruix: 9:44am
Marriage in Nigeria should be outlawed and made illegal. Since many say it's a partnership, go to court, get the Constitution or agreement, rent an office where u meet to conduct daily transactions, but definitely not in my house!
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by SSpeter(m): 9:46am
phemmie06:

Looking at what the Bible says.... The two shall become one...
Though after the eating of the fruit... God's verdict says he will be your head...
Wife respect your husband, husband love your wife.
You can respect without love but you can't love without respect.

If you're claiming no equal right which I don't love to, they don't truly but your wife is your help meet... Majority of the work is on you
I am the Lord of my house and my wife and I understand this. You can choose whatever style you want in your house
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by lexy2014: 9:46am
Winnin009:

You don’t own kids; you have kids.
You don’t have property; you own property.

Property can be traded in later time.
Kids can’t be traded at anytime.

If you can trade your kid, then you own them.

If you can’t trade your kid, then you have them.

It’s a very simple concept.

thats true. its very simple.

pls give me the dictionary meanings of "own" and "have" and tell me the difference
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Winnin009: 9:47am
heniford2:
like you so said wedding is a gift so, you use your own earn money to pay for gifts abi if your not told when you pay for something you own it that's the rule, is like going to the market to buy a cloth after paying for it someone is saying it's a gift and culture does that make sense to you at all 🤔 hope ur normal.

You that is comparing a full adult human to clothing, are you normal?

Smh!

Maybe the females in your family can be quantified by a piece of clothing or some goats and chicken. Clearly, the person you’re replying knows the worth of the females in his family and knows that those goats and whatever are simply a show of goodwill.

Na poverty normally go make you think say you fit swap human being for goats and drinks. Brideprice na poverty alleviation for most of you and that’s why you see brideprice as purchasing price.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:50am
My wife is my best friend

I'm my wife's best friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by ObalendeCMS: 9:52am
Well, I see 'em as "Toys".
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Adakintroy: 9:53am
No be lie. All this are rising because many women don see men finsih.

You go office and see respect men get from labour exchange. But a woman whom you provide for free off charge will struggle to greet you in the morning.

I no condone absolute dominance of women. But many of them don see men finish.
Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by Tijani009: 9:53am
Technically hes right, owning something does not mean you will maltreat it, ask people wen own diamond, you will understand better

1 Like

Re: Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor by PissInside: 9:54am
He's very right but woke nitwits will disagree.

How can i pay your bride price,take care of you and you say i don't own you?

The fact that i own you don't mean you a slave or something....A man will always be the head and shining crown of his wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol Song? / Osun River Worshippers With Austrian Woman As Priestess (pictures) / 6 Awesome Bible Applications for Android Phones and Tablet Devices

Viewing this topic: Christmasbun, olaJako(m), timbs001(m), Lovestrong(m), absolutefrag, Trust22(m), Electdbahdguy(m), sammiewrite(m), Iyanuoluwa27(f), Graxie(f), Yames70(m), ola4gud and 29 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.