Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? (10733 Views)

How Can I Stop Debtors From Coming To My Shop? / How can I stop being broke in 2020? / How Can One Stop Betting Habit In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by AbokiWam: 11:30am
My Salary is a little above #100, 000 naira, My friends know I am working which brings enormous pressure on me, They think it is a high paying job because of the Corporate dressing and all.

I don't Know if it is the hardship from this era, but now 4 out of every phone calls someone receives is usually them asking you to lend them money. Currently self I am skeptical of answering phone calls. Work Colleagues also do not spare you in this regard.

My problem now is I am too soft hearted, Any small story and I am already heading to my bank app to do transfer for,

Beginning of June, money I lent to a total number of 7 different people was running into almost 60,000 naira.
At the start of July, Only two people have paid me back (5000 & 4000)

Because of that I promised myself not to lend anyone money again from my salary, but Just this morning I got a call from someone I know , he was crying to me of his salary being delayed at work.
He pleaded with me to lend him #10,000 which I obliged, Knowing fully well I wont get my money back (He has borrowed 8k from me before without paying back)

I think something is wrong with me, I can even go to loan app to borrow and gift a friend if I don't Have

Same borrowing habit almost ruined my Dad, it destroyed his friendship with a close pal, he borrowed his friend #800,000 back IN 2011 when money still had value, the friend refused paying and that crumbled his business for a while.

My Mom have warned me if I continue, I might experience same.

I really need to change...
If every one should pay me money they have owed me, I would be able to buy honda baby boy
This is a bad habit I need to stop.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by theophorus(m): 11:32am
Simple.
Rule 1: The person you borrowed 5k and has refuse to pay, na the last borrow be that, No ever borrow am any money again.

Rule 2: Any money you no fit dash person no ever borrow persin.

Rule 3: Have a Savings that can never be touched for anything or Collect a loan for capital project or investment and be deducting repayment immediately Salary comes in.

Rule 4: Any money you don't have don't borrow ANYBODY.

Bonus: Never Borrow to Borrow anybody cos people no dey gree pay back.

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Sandralight(f): 11:36am
It's good to give but always know when to set boundaries.
You can be dividing your monthly salary, like the one for savings, the one for rent.
You can keep a certain amount for charity and once it's finished you can say No

Anyway you have a good heart and been kind isn't bad

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Rita33(f): 11:36am
AbokiWam:
My Salary is a little above #100, 000 naira, My friends know I am working which brings enormous pressure on me, They think it is a high paying job because of the Corporate dressing and all.

I don't Know if it is the hardship from this era, but now 4 out of every phone calls someone receives is usually them asking you to lend them money. Currently self I am skeptical of answering phone calls. Work Colleagues also do not spare you in this regard.

My problem now is I am too soft hearted, Any small story and I am already heading to my bank app to do transfer for,

Beginning of June, money I lent to a total number of 7 different people was running into almost 60,000 naira.

Because of that I promised myself not to lend anyone money again from my salary, but Just this morning I got a call from someone I know , he was crying to me of his salary being delayed at work.
He pleaded with me to lend him #10,000 which I obliged

I think something is wrong with me, I can even go to loan app to borrow and gift a friend if I don't Have

Same borrowing habit almost ruined my Dad, it destroyed his friendship with a close pal, he borrowed his friend #800,000 back IN 2011 when money still had value, the friend refused paying and that crumbled his business for a while.

If every one should pay me money they have owed me, I would be able to buy honda baby boy

Givers always on top br

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Hollybratt(m): 11:37am
cool
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Zaheertyler(m): 11:37am
Where nice guy wise them go call am wicked
Keep like 20k every month for show love
If anybody begs you give am 2k make him chop with message of encouragement
Don't borrow but anybody way beg you dash am 2k make him use take chop continue to dey find way solve him problem

29 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Akpabio22(m): 11:45am
Bro you will regret this better change your sim and only your colleagues at your work place should have you current line open new WhatsApp with the current line and avoid those your setbacks friends whenever you see them tell them you're passing through a lot because if he red for you all those friends that you're killing yourself for will be the first to abandon you it's the true reality of life. You better focus on increasing your financial life before your friends ruin you. Being too nice makes you an idiot

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Cesarr1: 11:52am
Zaheertyler:
Where nice guy wise them go call am wicked
Keep like 20k every month for show love
If anybody begs you give am 2k make him chop with message of encouragement
Don't borrow but anybody way beg you dash am 2k make him use take chop continue to dey find way solve him problem
Na only this guy talk the solution to ur problem

Don't borrow tell them u use money for business and that na 2k dey ur acct sef but u fit dash am as per ur guy

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by AbokiWam: 11:53am
theophorus:
Simple.
Rule 1: The person you borrowed 5k and has refuse to pay, na the last borrow be that, No ever borrow am any money again.
Exactly what I said in June, say June salary go be the last I borrow but I still gba this July, That pain is what drove me to ask for advise on nairaland

Rule 2: Any money you no fit dash person no ever borrow persin.
All those 5k which you can dash each person conviniently would accumulate into 50,000 when accumulate it

Rule 3: Have a Savings that can never be touched for anything or Collect a loan for capital project or investment and be deducting repayment immediately Salary comes in.

Rule 4: Any money you don't have don't borrow ANYBODY.

Bonus: Never Borrow to Borrow anybody cos people no dey gree pay back.
Be like I will start redirecting people to loan apps
Some would ghost you like they never asked for anything
while some would make you feel bad and make you feel like a nuisance when asking for your money back

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by AbokiWam: 12:01pm
Akpabio22:
Bro you will regret this better change your sim and only your colleagues at your work place should have you current line open new WhatsApp with the current line and avoid those your setbacks friends whenever you see them tell them you're passing through a lot because if he red for you all those friends that you're killing yourself for will be the first to abandon you it's the true reality of life. You better focus on increasing your financial life before your friends ruin you. Being too nice makes you an idiot
I actually thought of this ,but then lots of people might try to reach me

I dont want to miss million naira life changing deals because i was running away from 5k, 10k

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by 2times2(m): 12:31pm
Change your sim card.
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by FaceTanke: 1:03pm
Are u ok?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by AbokiWam: 1:18pm
FaceTanke:
Are u ok?
lIke a curse or something right?
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Nonexisting: 1:22pm
They are always asking you to lend them money because they think you don't have responsibilities, at least that's the impression you give them. The more you start taking charge of your life and stop pleasing people, the less friends you will have and that's a good thing. It's my working theory now. I'll rather not have friends than harm myself by treating others good.

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by FaceTanke: 1:28pm
AbokiWam:
lIke a curse or something right?

Yes, sort of

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by weslay: 1:28pm
AbokiWam:

He pleaded with me to lend him #10,000 which I obliged, Knowing fully well I wont get my money back (He has borrowed 8k from me before without paying back)

You are a YES man. You lack the guts to say no

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Draxy(m): 1:56pm
This seems like a family generational problem, i will advise you to go into prayers about it too. You are destined to be rich, but the devil doesn't want that because of the good you will do. Kindly check on YouTube and watch "commanding the day" Prayers by Past Eneche of Dunamis Church. Pray along and join life when you can, and your testimony will find you in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Encyclosam: 2:16pm
Some of us humans need a hard reset.

I don't know about you, but some individuals shall only learn after they lost their job, couldn't get help from the people that made them go back to square zero, became homeless, and have to go find a labourer job of 30k or so per month.

When they go through these experiences or similar, then they become wise.

Until then, no amount of advice can help them.

Sad it has to be this way.

#peace

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by JasonNOTStatham: 2:36pm
If you don't give they will start looking at you somehow. I had to create some level of restrictions and some level of "I don't have" attitude.
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by theophorus(m): 2:46pm
AbokiWam:

All those 5k which you can dash each person conviniently would accumulate into 50,000 when accumulate it

Be like I will start redirecting people to loan apps
Some would ghost you like they never asked for anything
while some would make you feel bad and make you feel like a nuisance when asking for your money back

Anybody who become irresponsible after taking Loan, DONT EVER LOAN THEM ANYTHING AGAIN.

Anybody wen wan turn you to source of their Salary Abeg Ghost them and Regroup the people you call Friend into (Class mates; Acquaintances; Neighbors etc...) your real friends no suppose pass 2.

Even Jesus get 72 then 12 then 3 then 1. So regroup dem to avoid stories.
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by minasu190: 2:47pm
Choose PORTABLE as your role model.
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Starz825(m): 3:13pm
AbokiWam:

Listen to me....what happened to your dad will happen to you if you don't listen to me ..

Now...use this rule:
Do not lend money to anyone.... better still dash them.

You lend out money cos of the promise to pay back.... without preparing for a default...

And that's the reason I mentioned it that you should dash dem....

Someone came to borrow for 10k as a friend ...

Your response should be: I do not lend money to pple. But I will dash you 1k....

If u are kind enough to listen to people's pleas, then Always dash out at most 10% of whatever amount pple tend to borrow from you..

In fact 1k should be the highest you dash people in need...it's free they will accept nd friendship continues

YOU ARE NOT A MONEY LENDER.....pity pple but not at the detriment of your wellbeing....

Most of them will never do the same ... believe me...they won't...to them you are a fool...

Liste

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by sofeo(m): 3:16pm
Alright
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by SFSNIPER(m): 3:17pm
Pray about it
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Theama(m): 3:17pm
Hmmn

As someone stated try to give the percentage or amount you can let go of (especially if they are people who don't/can't pay back).

Also why are you going to loan app to borrow only to gift someone if you yourself don't have at that time?

You ought to have learned from past mistakes by now. Better don't wound yourself or wreck yourself because you want to help people. You're not Superman.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by sacajawea: 3:19pm
Start Stroking it
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by BABANGBALI: 3:20pm
No one can help you, but yourself. You'll surely learn in a hard way
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by Opiosko: 3:20pm
AbokiWam:

Continue your good work.
When you learn your lesson about human ingratitude and betrayal, you will stop.

I will leave you with this quote from William Shakespeare in Hamlet....

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be, For loan oft loses both itself and friend, And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by ChizzyBuna(m): 3:20pm
Chai
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by ZekeYeager: 3:20pm
grin
Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by PotatoSalad(m): 3:21pm
Nawa.
You're an adult, so learn to say NO without remorse. Grow a thick skin cos same people won't look your face if you had nothing.
If your circle constantly ask for money, it's time to change your circle.

Learn to say NO and never let anyone compel you to do what you're not comfortable with. You're an adult. Nobody will beat you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop This Bad Habit? by tete7000(m): 3:21pm
The boy is good, the boy is good, my people say "Apa lo n je be"
When people begins to say you are good, you are good, it is because they can reap you off.
it is ok to be good, but don't be gullible to allow people ruin you. The same people who ruin you will come around to scorn you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start A Profitable Mobile App Biz Without Learning Coding / Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years / How Lucrative Is Palm Oil Business

Viewing this topic: mycho4us, ife2ray, aliyuawwal(m), majestique(f), ope7000, nnekaike(f), Akacollins7, Mirallas, Nasri100(m), lawlex(m), Eagba(m), lomprico(m), Sacrosanct12(m), eleniyan2020, duduade, bidexolumanish(m), mekaw(m), kuma007(m), Chyolive(f), Childfree, Tokskob2008, lyday60(m), eniteden(m), Nuelojei38, Pogba12, eazye4u133(m), greatikena, much123456(m), Faslite(m), Mikeshausu(m), CLASSMAN, monarck, cremedelacreme, marketer100, Marianwao(f), Bluezy13(m), jubrilELsudan, Bassod(m), strawgirl(f), etcme(m), Nyelu, olaNL, Makamatic, 123Ray, Swanberry, Hollandia2030, Ameboperoo(m), Wizpa(m), BossKingRex(m), mikeapollo, Theynevercare, AMAUCHESKY(m), wilcoxz(m), OMEGA009(m), Thryphosa(m), TOM208 and 80 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.