Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,418 members, 7,894,777 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor (36479 Views)

Birmingham City University Appoints David Mba As Vice-chancellor / Former UNILAG VC, Prof Ibidapo Obe Dies At 71 Of COVID-19 Complications / Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Cassandraloius: 1:08pm On Jul 05
Congratulations mama
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by FatimaAbubakar(f): 1:09pm On Jul 05
Gbegiri people in the mud again

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Walllee: 1:09pm On Jul 05
Zwooks:
Igbos with chest beating to arrive on scene. Thank goodness the part of my family tree with igbo blood has been cleaned off by me and will never be talked about with that naughty igbos haughtyness

If na drugs you idiot will drag us through the mud,but if it a good thing you want us to still stay in the mud,you be pure fwalking,flying,and swimming evil.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by callmevirus(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05
EreluRoz:
Wow nice one igboamaka

Please mind your region leave us the Igbos alone
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Artscollection: 1:11pm On Jul 05
Zwooks:
Igbos with chest beating to arrive on scene. Thank goodness the part of my family tree with igbo blood has been cleaned off by me and will never be talked about with that naughty igbos haughtyness

Walking corpse!!!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by meobizy(f): 1:11pm On Jul 05
Doesn't strike me as a Nigerian-bred individual.
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by NothingDoMe: 1:13pm On Jul 05
What is happening today? A local man is amazed by all the news from the Igbo community.

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Chikel20000(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05
NdokwaNeKu:

Igbo Amaka..

God bless South-East
God bless Anioma

I'm a proud Igbo from Anioma, haters can only hate jhoor. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
dis post too sweet me

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by UselessBuharist: 1:14pm On Jul 05
Young and vibrant. In my country only those close to their graves are good for the job

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by blowjohn(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05
Bobbyjay001:
Each time I see Nigerians doing exceptionally well abroad, I marvel at the brains we allow to waste away.

Why not let's invite these people home and allow them take Mantle of leadership of our government and economy affairs. They are already exposed and are well grounded in modern day development.

The ones we have around have nothing upstairs and can never contribute something positive towards Nigeria's growth.

Wetin u wan use invite them?
Coke and fanta?

Let me tell u, the ones we have here have more brains than the ones outside

3 Likes

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Realtruth2023: 1:14pm On Jul 05
Zwooks:

Eyahhhh just take cold water, bath and meditate and expunge hatred and bigotry from your frustrated life. Laslas you will be alright.
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05
001Lagos:
God bless the Igbo race forever

Beautiful Igbo lady with brain

God will continue to bless the Igbo race forever and ever cool

We are proud of you our daughter even though I'm from Lagos .
My.mother is Igbo

Igbo Amaka

But there are more beautiful machines working in several factories and facilities across the east. Igboamaka
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by SmartPolician: 1:16pm On Jul 05
Quest7777:
When will I ever open this kind of thread and see a Northerner?

I am disappointed.

Please don't insult those people. Education isn't for everyone; everyone has their strength.

If Nigeria was a planned country, we would help them develop the area they are good at, which is agriculture.

Many countries are making trillions of dollars from agriculture every year.

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Realtruth2023: 1:16pm On Jul 05
NaMe4:
Congrats to her.

Nigerians are doing exceptionally well globally.

Also, recently, one of our illustrious Edos was inaugurated Chancellor, Glasgow Caledonian University.

Congratulations to the illustrious Edo people. We should always celebrate our own. No be only Yoruba dey do theirs.
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by FuckYeyeMods: 1:16pm On Jul 05
Quest7777:

I am disappointed.
Amina Muhammad is Igala or Igbo ...?
Jelani Aliyu is Osu exract, Idoma or Tiv..?
Put you myopic mind to work, study! Study!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by phorget(m): 1:17pm On Jul 05
Zwooks:

As if you or your family tree would ever be missed.

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Finegirl734(f): 1:17pm On Jul 05
Wow congratulations to you.
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Realtruth2023: 1:17pm On Jul 05
Benwallt:
This one did not grow in Igbo land otherwise Na powder she for dey swallow. I love the way that glasses matches her face though

So youvare tired of throwing insults now this is the latest format you want to throw. Bros rest this one don cast since. Go eat your loss abeg.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Baronthecelebri: 1:17pm On Jul 05
Good one
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Tflex01: 1:18pm On Jul 05
Kingsmeal:
nlfpmod

You don't need to call him. He actively source for threads like this himself and like to create one.
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by South343: 1:18pm On Jul 05
Quest7777:

I am disappointed.
you should hide your face in shame, I expected you to have a remorse on the behavior of you south east, the way you treat strangers that your people are enjoying another man,s home you are hear talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Realtruth2023: 1:18pm On Jul 05
Blazebond:
She is British born and bred and also her mother is Trinidad,una too like to they claim all these outside born people,her father is Nigerian I know but she ain't Nigerian in anything so leave all this famzing and grow your own people.

But when mixed blood Yorubas achieve something, you celebrate them and say Yoruba Lagba. Now it is an igbo person, you remember the mother is from Trinidad and she ain't Nigerian abi. Bros rest abeg stop hating.

4 Likes

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by phorget(m): 1:18pm On Jul 05
SmartPolician:

Please don't insult those people.

Education isn't for everyone; everyone has their strength.

If Nigeria was a planned country, we would help them develop the area they are good at, which is agriculture.

Many countries are making trillions of dollars from agriculture every year.

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05
001Lagos:
God bless the Igbo race forever

Beautiful Igbo lady with brain

God will continue to bless the Igbo race forever and ever cool

We are proud of you our daughter even though I'm from Lagos .
My.mother is Igbo

Igbo Amaka
In another thread you`ll call urself a northerner. The question is: are u ashamed of being Igbo? Do u have an infiriority complex problem, thus making u associate with other pple's tribe just for dubious reasons? U guys are always too loud.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by NothingDoMe: 1:19pm On Jul 05
NaMe4:
Congrats to her.

Nigerians are doing exceptionally well globally.

Also, recently, one of our illustrious Edos was inaugurated Chancellor, Glasgow Caledonian University.
Pretty single lady with brains.
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by DrAkpa(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05
Kingsmeal:

Unprovoked, you are hating on Igbos already.

Nawa oo. This Insecure oily soup tribe ehh

Honestly, this envy is demonic induced

1 Like

Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by IgOga(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05
she's British though grin grin
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Cmanforall: 1:20pm On Jul 05
She may be British-Nigerian
Kingsmeal:
Sandie Okoro OBE has been appointed as the first female Chancellor of the University of Birmingham! 🎉

Sandie is a preeminent lawyer and equality rights champion. Currently, she is the Group General Counsel of Standard Chartered.

She will succeed Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea CBE and is the University's eighth Chancellor since 1900.

Congratulations, Sandie

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/news/2024/sandie-okoro-obe-appointed-as-first-female-chancellor-of-the-university-of-birmingham
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Ttipsy(f): 1:20pm On Jul 05
Great !
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by muyico(m): 1:22pm On Jul 05
our neighbors pikin!
Re: University Of Birmingham Appoints Sandie Okoro OBE As First Female Chancellor by Mummyfour(f): 1:22pm On Jul 05
This is a place where tribalism and religion doesn't count, but meritocracy. She could be straight or gay or even a pagan, nobody cares as long as she can deliver that is what is important

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturer Slaps UNILORIN S.U President For Mediating On Behalf Of Students / Photo: School Without Walls In Abuja / Adekunle Ajasin University Ondo Shut Down Over Protest. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.