Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,489 members, 7,944,422 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:06 PM

Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni (25435 Views)

Nigeria Man Loses On Yoruba Party Election In Peckham UK / Nicolas Okoye: I Founded Transcorp, Soludo Never Took Part In Our Meetings / I Founded APC, Have Sacked Oshiomhole For Anti-party Activities - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Anatolia: 11:28am On Jul 06
The southwest and southeast have always been at loggerheads since independence despite the so-called brilliance of these people. The North used the ibos in the past and are now using the southwest. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

1 Like

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:28am On Jul 06
Aldol:

Have you seen any Yoruba in Uk insulting the British people at will,or calling British a no mans land or misbehaving to their host?

Oga stop pretending. Is it because the insults have not made front page headlines? Dude his opening statement home away from home is the igbo mantra for Lagos. And for the record it was Jakande that referred to Lagos as No man's land in his 1979 speech.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:32am On Jul 06
DMerciful:
He has an agenda and its driven out of blame for the British.

Why can't some Yorubas take responsibility? Awolowo had the opportunity of pulling his people out of Nigeria when Biafra seceded but what did he do? Join the Hausa-Fulanis to fight to bring Igbos back when he should be leaving with his people.

So shortsighted!

Achebe stated it clearly in this book there was a country. Awo saw the Biafra secession as an opportunity to achieve the power he always wanted as PM. So since his biggest obstacle are at war he can use this opportunity to position the Yoruba and himself at pole position. Hence he and Nigeria missed the golden opportunity to ensure that all regions are treated equally and keep the north in check. Because if Awo had kept to his side of the bargain which he declared in Enugu that if the East secede the west will follow, it would have made the north and Gowon decide to bring all parties to the negotiation table and implement sections of Aburi accord and even Awo would have still gotten the power he always craved for. But his shortsightedness made that opportunity slip.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by maasoap(m): 11:33am On Jul 06
Forkthiefnubu:
Because you all are natural tribalists, your political philosophy is tribalism, see tinubu see awo see obasanjo see wole Soyinka, the lens these ppl look at everything and every situation is a tribal one , I will love to see them in a country of their own

You do know he's talking about Yoruba nation in Nigeria? So, what brings tribalism in his comment? Don't we have Biafra agitation as well?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by EleventhWeirdo: 11:33am On Jul 06
DMerciful:
Show evidence of one Igbo elected official since 1999 that said Lagos is no man's land?

Lagos is Nigerian land

This is same mentality that made them to amend you people's bongo sk0lls during the election. Lagos is YORUBA LAND. Simple!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:33am On Jul 06
yommen:

His points are valid. Respond to it properly instead of showing frustration.

Dude there is no validity in his points.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by maasoap(m): 11:34am On Jul 06
001Lagos:
werey did GRV call lagos a no mans land before you people insult him

Are you even an Indigine of Lagos ?

And didn't he contest? Must he win before you can agree that he was free to do what he wanted?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:35am On Jul 06
flokii:

This is UK.. there is no correlation with what you posted.

If Igbos form Igbo political party in Lagos, be ready to see Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani etc. political parties formed in Anambra, Abia, Enugu and co.

Oga stop being stupid. You cannot eat your cake and have it. You cannot allow igbos form an igbo party in Lagos, so how would you expect us to allow you form a Yoruba party in Anambra? It is tit for tat, do me and I do you. Once again you cannot eat your cake and have it. That selfish and crafty behavior cannot stand. I am glad the folly of yoruba tribalism has been exposed for the world to see.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Sirhush(m): 11:35am On Jul 06
Olusola oni omoluabi gidi

5 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:36am On Jul 06
Lanre1st:

Try to learn, Lagos refuse to join SW does not imply they are Igbo or not Yoruba!

Their stance is clear, they were never part of SW region that Awolowo or Akintola governed, they were independent City of Yoruba

Oga no one is disputing that, but you guys crave to drag Lagos into SW. The point is clear you cannot eat your cake and have it. What you don't allow other to do, you should not do it to others.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Tflex01: 11:38am On Jul 06
DMerciful:
He has an agenda and its driven out of blame for the British.

Why can't some Yorubas take responsibility? Awolowo had the opportunity of pulling his people out of Nigeria when Biafra seceded but what did he do? Join the Hausa-Fulanis to fight to bring Igbos back when he should be leaving with his people.

So shortsighted!

Awolowo fought on the floor of the house that secession should be included in our constitution so that every region can leave peacefully but what did Nnamdi Azikiwe do? He vehemently stood against it and even suggested that Awolowo should be tried for treason.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:39am On Jul 06
Lanre1st:

They can not allow it in their land, Igbo can die for that. Igbo that refuse to sell land to other tribes and keep terrorizing other tribes in their region.
Though they wish they can buy other regions land finish

Okay let me ask you one question. Can you show me a documented case where a non-igbo wanted to buy land in the south east and he was refused. We have so many Yorubas who own Lands in Owerri, Rotibi family is one example. Also Salami Street in Enugu has most houses owned by Alhaji Salami, but you guys keep coming here to spread lies and bigotry. You should be ashamed and try to do better, but you are desperately trying to rationalise crap.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Tflex01: 11:40am On Jul 06
Lanre1st:

Try to learn, Lagos refuse to join SW does not imply they are Igbo or not Yoruba!

Their stance is clear, they were never part of SW region that Awolowo or Akintola governed, they were independent City of Yoruba

Lagos never refused to join SW, 4 unknown persons were hired by Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour to cause confusion. The former "Lagos" land mass was just the Island area while the current Lagos state is 90% of the old western region land. Governor of Lagos is the current chairman of South West governors so who is saying Lagos does not belong to SW again? πŸ˜†

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:41am On Jul 06
Tflex01:

Awolowo fought on the floor of the house that secession should be included in our constitution so that every region can leave peacefully but what did Nnamdi Azikiwe did? He vehemently stood against it and even suggested that Awolowo should be tried for treason.

Another lie. In Lancaster where the independence talks was made. All the delegates including Awo signed that as precondition of independence all the borders of colonial Nigeria must not be redrawn. Which means Awo signed that secession was not allowed. Now I want to ask you a question. If Zik had ceremonial titular powers how can he overrule Awo's suggestion if it was supported by Majority?
This lies has since never been challenged, I need to explain how one man can overrule a majority on a decision.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:41am On Jul 06
Tflex01:

Lagos never refused to join SW, 4 unknown persons were hired by Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour to cause confusion.

Who were the 4 unknown persons?
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by WINON1: 11:42am On Jul 06
Slytiger:

The man never called UK no man's land or insult the British people which you ibos are fond of.

Latif Jekende the former of Lagos state was the 1st to call Lagos no man's land not Igbos or Hausas.

1 Like

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Engen(m): 11:44am On Jul 06
Forkthiefnubu:

They got no cause and don’t deserve any special representations , they are bigots and don’t respect the culture and traditions of the ppl where they inhabit , imagine exporting their puerile politics to a morden western world , I will campaign against them vehemently

This one must be filled with bitterness...so much hate and anger....sorry you haven't see anything yet

2 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by OredoPikin: 11:45am On Jul 06
Judolisco:
no na igbo people get am
Lagos belongs to Edo
When the time comes, we will come for our city
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Tflex01: 11:45am On Jul 06
Realtruth2023:

Another lie. In Lancaster where the independence talks was made. All the delegates including Awo signed that as precondition of independence all the borders of colonial Nigeria must not be redrawn. Which means Awo signed that secession was not allowed. Now I want to ask you a question. If Zik had ceremonial titular powers how can he overrule Awo's suggestion if it was supported by Majority?
This lies has since never been challenged, I need to explain how one man can overrule a majority on a decision.

🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

The same story made front page few days ago you can go and check it up again, the original transcripts of Nnamdi Azikiwe's words in 1958 oh

Why una dey always twist story like this ? πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by OredoPikin: 11:45am On Jul 06
ALTERNATEID:

Yes. πŸ’― Yoruba state.
Dey deceive yourself
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Tflex01: 11:48am On Jul 06
OredoPikin:

Lagos belongs to Edo
When the time comes, we will come for our city

Lol after you have been busted here that you are from Nnewi you still dey shout Edo.

Let Edo come and carry Lagos , move through Ogun state, part of Oyo state and Ondo state and plant Lagos inside Edo state na. πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Dwightventures(m): 11:48am On Jul 06
We know why. You people can't help yourselves. Biafra also had their own justification. People with basic sense can see the end result of African "wisdom" and not even our people will put their money on it.

What a sorry people
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by ednut1(m): 11:49am On Jul 06
Realtruth2023:

He was talking about the two faced, playing Ostrich behavior of Yorubas. I have seen Yorubas berate their people on such behavior, I also berate igbos on their behavior so it is no big deal.
like i said do not attempt to rewrite history. Is an half igbo half hausa politician contesting for a position in the South east tries such he will likely be exiled. This is also GRV here using his name Chinedu to try and get igbo votes in a Yoruba state o. Lets be objective here. Na the guy don himself

4 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:49am On Jul 06
Tflex01:

🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

The same story made front page few days ago you can go and check it up again, the original transcripts of Nnamdi Azikiwe's words in 1958 oh

Oga please bring it. Zik aired his own opinion against it not that Zik ruled against Awolowo in 1958. The final decision was taken by the British. It is not possible for one man to overrule most people who have agreed on decision when the British are not in support.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:51am On Jul 06
Tflex01:

🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Awo made his submission and so did Zik also so there's really no big deal in what Zik did. The British were the final Arbiter in the matter and it is not possible for one man to overrule everyone who supported a particular decision, when he is not Idi Amin.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Tflex01: 11:52am On Jul 06
Engen:

This one must be filled with bitterness...so much hate and anger....sorry you haven't see anything yet

Lol they exist to antagonize Yorubas by default because of envy and bitterness πŸ˜‚

But when the Yorubas eventually defeat them or even do it without them they start crying "betrayal". πŸ˜†

2 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:52am On Jul 06
ednut1:
like i said do not attempt to rewrite history. Is an half igbo half hausa politician contesting for a position in the South east tries such he will likely be exiled. This is also GRV here using his name Chinedu to try and get igbo votes in a Yoruba state o. Lets be objective here. Na the guy don himself

But Sanwo Olu also wore Isiagu when he campaigned for election. TINUBU also wore Isiagi so this thing you are saying is just not a sensible argument. He has every right to use Chinedu because that is also his name. And he is appealing to igbo voters in Lagos, so there's no big deal here. This just shows how shallow and small minded you are.
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by rainluv: 11:53am On Jul 06
Difrent:

Stupid FOOL, I'm not igbo that wake their fathers up with a kick
In yorubaland we respect our parents and other people's parents too, so if you insult my parents I won't insult yours back , it's you that's a stupid child.

Now is it wrong to love your tribe ? Hell no
If that's tribalism so be it.
What's wrong is love another tribe more than yours

Look at this buffoon.... even your great grandfather's heads have all been mined for a paltry #500

Idiot!!
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:53am On Jul 06
Tflex01:

Lol

Oga you have not answered my questions oooo
Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by HisaacPlus: 11:57am On Jul 06
LadyExcellency:
Imagine forming the Igbo political party in Lagos State. All hail hell will be let loose.

This stewpid igboticism even flows from your pronunciation to your writing.
Hail ko, Hall ni

4 Likes

Re: Why I Founded Yoruba Party In UK - Dr Olusola Oni by Realtruth2023: 11:57am On Jul 06
Tflex01:

Lol they exist to antagonize Yorubas by default because of envy and bitterness πŸ˜‚

But when the Yorubas eventually defeat them or even do it without them they start crying "betrayal". πŸ˜†

Oga stop trying to deflect. The issue here is you guys have been the envious ones and always acting from a point of inferiority complex, you cannot compete on a level playing field so you bring in tribalism, who are always the first antagonizers? It is most of your yoruba people, once igbos start you will start the gaslighting and shouting that we are insulting.
It is because of people like you guys that there's no unity in the south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Osun Election... / Doyin Okupe Shines At The PDP National Convention / IPOB Bans Nigerian National Anthems In South-East Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.