Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,109 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi (3385 Views)

Join Me To Thank Peter Obi And Sen Yusuf Ahmed -WATCH This / Tinubu Should Thank Peter Obi / Femi Fani-kayode Blasts Tinubu For Failing To Stand Up To Greet Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by NLCreator: 11:14am On Jul 06
Britain's Labour Party leader Keir Starmer has come under fire for failing to publicly thank his Nigerian counterpart, Mr. Peter Obi, whose tweet of endorsement ended 14 years of right-wing conservative rule. This supernatural feat has left many scratching their heads, especially since Obi couldn't help himself win the 2023 Nigerian presidential election, though supporters blame election rigging.

"This is sad. After all that Peter Obi has done for him, he couldn't even say 'thank you'," said an angry-looking Chukwudi, sipping a cup of garri in his 2-by-2 shop in Abia. "For 14 years, they couldn't achieve anything. It took Obi a single tweet to end the conservative run. But what did Obi get in return? Such an ungrateful fellow!" Chukwudi continued, as he updated his Twitter bio to "Expert at Installing Governments."

Meanwhile, local tomato hawker Chimamanda found the situation even more tragic for democracy. "I supported Starmer's Labour because Peter Obi instructed us to. I campaigned for the party with all my strength here in Awka. I gave away free tomatoes to the people of Anambra with Starmer's picture on them to show my support. Nothing says 'Vote Labour' like a juicy tomato with a British politician's face on it!. They won because of our support. The least they could do after emerging victorious was to appreciate our efforts and thank Peter Obi. But because we're black, they didn't find us worthy. Bunch of racist betrayers!"

However, some observers suggested that it might be too early to draw conclusions, speculating that Starmer could have thanked Obi privately. "Guys, I don't think it's right to conclude Obi was betrayed just yet," said Pastor Ogbu. "It's true Obi endorsed him publicly, and Starmer ought to appreciate and thank Obi publicly as well, but it's possible he already did that in private and Obi is fine with it. Obi hasn't even complained. Let's wait for instructions and avoid the temptation of premature conclusions," he added, while checking his phone for any new secret endorsement deals on Twitter.

In an unexpected twist, reports have emerged that supporters of North Korea's supreme leader, Kim Jong-un, are now wooing Peter Obi for an endorsement to help the dictator win his next "election." "We have seen the power of Obi's tweets," said a North Korean spokesperson. "If he can end 14 years of conservative rule in the UK with one tweet, imagine what he can do for our Supreme Leader. We are willing to pay him in nuclear warheads or unlimited bottles of Hero beer, whichever he prefers."

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by chatinent: 11:16am On Jul 06
Una dey give this Peter Obi too much importance. Dude aren't even better.

He is like any other politician.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by madridguy(m): 11:20am On Jul 06
The price for been an Obidients is to donate their sense of reasoning and start reasoning like a clown. grin

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by helinues: 11:23am On Jul 06
Abeg Obidients should stop disgracing Nigerian youths

What's even this over doing of everything self?

Obi knows the way but couldn't used it to his own advantage to win the Nigeria election and before talking about election was rigged, no be those who sabi way dey rig in an election?

Nonsense and ingredients

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Sonyboom: 11:25am On Jul 06
The OP is a comedian, a whole British prime minister will be thanking a nonentity like the Pandora criminal Peter Obi who was locked up in UK which day ago.

You want the foolish Peter Pandora bastard to stain his white. Person no see beta person to thank na foolish religious bigot that declare an election a war na him Oyinbo go thank.

You people joke too much I swear.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by nedu666: 11:26am On Jul 06
NLCreator:
Britain's Labour Party leader Keir Starmer has come under fire for failing to publicly thank his Nigerian counterpart, Mr. Peter Obi, whose tweet of endorsement ended 14 years of right-wing conservative rule. This supernatural feat has left many scratching their heads, especially since Obi couldn't help himself win the 2023 Nigerian presidential election, though supporters blame election rigging.

"This is sad. After all that Peter Obi has done for him, he couldn't even say 'thank you'," said an angry-looking Chukwudi, sipping a cup of garri in his 2-by-2 shop in Abia. "For 14 years, they couldn't achieve anything. It took Obi a single tweet to end the conservative run. But what did Obi get in return? Such an ungrateful fellow!" Chukwudi continued, as he updated his Twitter bio to "Expert at Installing Governments."

Meanwhile, local tomato hawker Chimamanda found the situation even more tragic for democracy. "I supported Starmer's Labour because Peter Obi instructed us to. I campaigned for the party with all my strength here in Awka. I gave away free tomatoes to the people of Anambra with Starmer's picture on them to show my support. Nothing says 'Vote Labour' like a juicy tomato with a British politician's face on it!. They won because of our support. The least they could do after emerging victorious was to appreciate our efforts and thank Peter Obi. But because we're black, they didn't find us worthy. Bunch of racist betrayers!"

However, some observers suggested that it might be too early to draw conclusions, speculating that Starmer could have thanked Obi privately. "Guys, I don't think it's right to conclude Obi was betrayed just yet," said Pastor Ogbu. "It's true Obi endorsed him publicly, and Starmer ought to appreciate and thank Obi publicly as well, but it's possible he already did that in private and Obi is fine with it. Obi hasn't even complained. Let's wait for instructions and avoid the temptation of premature conclusions," he added, while checking his phone for any new secret endorsement deals on Twitter.

In an unexpected twist, reports have emerged that supporters of North Korea's supreme leader, Kim Jong-un, are now wooing Peter Obi for an endorsement to help the dictator win his next "election." "We have seen the power of Obi's tweets," said a North Korean spokesperson. "If he can end 14 years of conservative rule in the UK with one tweet, imagine what he can do for our Supreme Leader. We are willing to pay him in nuclear warheads or unlimited bottles of Hero beer, whichever he prefers."

You really sat down to type this rubbish. Obviously you're jobless and bitter. Take this 3 times a day

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by CrushObituaries: 11:27am On Jul 06
Bitter grievingory OBItuaries again

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by mightyhaze: 11:27am On Jul 06
Unfortunately all the commenters above me except the 66 guy didt read or couldn't comprehend the ops bollocks

Tells you the poor stuff obi haters are made of.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by GreenxGreen: 11:28am On Jul 06
Stop Assuming RUBBISH 😾 please πŸ™
Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by helinues: 11:28am On Jul 06
Sonyboom:
The OP is a comedian, a while British prime minister will be thanking a nonentity like the Pandora criminal Peter Obi who was locked up in UK which day ago.

You want the foolish Peter Pandora bastard to stain his white.

Na Obi's supporters dey make people dragged him unnecessarily. Even Peter Obi can't talk to his supporters, how many are they and yet him dey think him fit win election in Nigeria

I no dey give shishi wasn't made by Peter Obi, it was his supporters who forced it on his throats to adopt it by force.

I no dey give shishi but he ported to LP and gave all the pary executives dirty slap to get the LP presidential ticket

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Shadomaan7: 11:28am On Jul 06
Looks like Peter Obis economic advice is too valuable and the UK Prime Minister cant handle the pressure of gratitude. Poor guy.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Sonyboom: 11:29am On Jul 06
But we see your Igbo tribesmen sit down for years creating more foolish thread daily here on Nairaland n we see you celebrate such in Alaigbo so what senseless point are you making.

nedu666:

You really sat down to type this rubbish. Obviously you're jobless and bitter. Take this 3 times a day

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Chinkoalhaji34: 11:34am On Jul 06
Peter Obis lack of recognition from the UK Prime Minister is nothing short of expected from someone who has repeatedly failed to deliver on his promises and has a history of ingratitude.

26 Likes

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by osuofia2(m): 11:34am On Jul 06
Obidients are running mad. Taking their madness from Nigeria to the UK is the height of it all

4 Likes

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by anonymous1759(m): 11:46am On Jul 06
You can’t Shame the shameless grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by nedu666: 11:48am On Jul 06
Sonyboom:
But we see your Igbo tribesmen sit down for years creating more foolish thread daily here on Nairaland n we see you celebrate such in Alaigbo so what senseless point are you making.

I don talk my own. If you don't like it, go suck a fat dick.
Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by sIfioksq: 11:51am On Jul 06
Maybe hes just too busy counting his blessings from Obis failed leadership to remember his manners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by WINON1: 11:52am On Jul 06
NLCreator:

Stop this Cheap propaganda chameleon, Obiedients are ahead of you. Do away with this Coconut brain you use at Lagos Ibadan express. No body send you, you want to play indirect free kick.

5 Likes

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by confusedlady(f): 11:53am On Jul 06
The sarcasm in the original post would be funny and amusing if not for the actual fact that certain Nigerians from a part of this country really believe that Keir Starmer became British prime minister because Peter Obi instructed Nigerians in Britain to campaign and vote for him. undecided
The same people even claim Rishi Sunak lost the election to Starmer because Sunak was foolish enough to officially congratulate Bola Tinubu for winning the Nigeria presidential election last year. These people will choose to believe anything, no matter how ludicrous and ridiculous as long as it suits their demented agenda.

These same people believed Muhamadu Buhari was dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi and had been replaced by Jubril Al Sudani. undecided
These people believed that Nnamdi Kanu had procured recognition for Biafra from the United Nations and as such was issuing out Biafra passports and identity cards.
These same people believe that a person who came third in an election is the winner of that election with NO evidence. undecided

Taking gullibility to the highest levels. πŸ˜πŸ˜„

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Whalis: 12:00pm On Jul 06
Who is Obi to form an opinion?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Isaacc729l: 12:01pm On Jul 06
Looks like the PM is not willing to pay Obis price for political support, must have blown his budget on designer suits!
Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by WINON1: 12:04pm On Jul 06
confusedlady:
The sarcasm in the original post would be funny and amusing if not for the actual fact that certain Nigerians from a part of this country really believe that Keir Starmer became British prime minister because Peter Obi instructed Nigerians in Britain to campaign and vote for him. undecided
The same people even claim Rishi Sunak lost the election to Starmer because Sunak was foolish enough to officially congratulate Bola Tinubu for winning the Nigeria presidential election last year. These people will choose to believe anything, no matter how ludicrous and ridiculous as long as it suits their demented agenda.

These same people believed Muhamadu Buhari was dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi and had been replaced by Jubril Al Sudani. undecided
These people believed that Nnamdi Kanu had procured recognition for Biafra from the United Nations and as such was issuing out Biafra passports and identity cards.
These same people believe that a person who came third in an election is the winner of that election with NO evidence. undecided

Taking gullibility to the highest levels. πŸ˜πŸ˜„

You people wrote the nonsense, thinking that you are smart, smart by half. Went to the Bush and sound a gong and then ran out to ask who sounded the gong.

3 Likes

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by ElSudani: 12:06pm On Jul 06
Lol grin grin grin grin
I bet Obidients are scratching their heads wondering if they should like the post or not.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Tjra: 12:07pm On Jul 06
Obidients and their master keep embarrassing us.

PitObi that can't even win a Presidential primary election in Nigeria but look always shop for parties to buy ticket.

Same person that came a distant third in the last elections in Nigeria is seeing himself as a Messiah in faraway UK?

No wonder his sheeps are the most gullible set of blind followers.

Just imagine their over bloated sense of self worth shocked

What sort of fckery is this?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Benwallt(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06
Does the voters know if Obi exit? Obi is defined in Agulu and obidients backyard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Malawian(m): 12:39pm On Jul 06
All these Baterias creating issues where there was none.

4 Likes

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Irupetepete: 1:13pm On Jul 06
Una Don start

1 Like

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by chiiraq802(m): 1:24pm On Jul 06
Normally Obidafts dey take Colorado every morning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Dalohad: 1:28pm On Jul 06
The funny thing is that some hateful agbado mongrels like helinues will believe the thrash this zombie OP wrote while taking a dump in his pit toilet in Ogbomosho.. grin

They will swallow this watery shittt hook, line and sinker, because their brains have a lower I.Q than Alumajiri's diseased cow. grin

Agbado buffoons, who swear for una? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by Noblechykk(m): 1:34pm On Jul 06
WINON1:

You people wrote the nonsense, thinking that you are smart, smart by half. Went to the Bush and sound a gong and then ran out to ask who sounded the gong.
There is no post that attracts reaction more than any post in which Obi is mentioned. So since Obi has not officially made a news in the past few days, the nitwit had to creat one just to feel relevant.

1 Like

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by aswani(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06
NLCreator:

You no well Walahi, you no go make heaven for dis tin you right do.

We have some seriously talented people in this Nigeria sha.

This is excellent stuff, you have done well and should be paid for stuff like this.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ungrateful UK Prime Minister Under Fire For Failing To Thank Peter Obi by ToyinDipo(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06
aswani:

You no well Walahi, you no go make heaven for dis tin you right do.

We have some seriously talented people in this Nigeria sha.

This is excellent stuff, you have done well and should be paid for stuff like this.

grin
Aswear, what a satire

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Don’t Know About This Man, Mike Adenuga (w Soyinka, Ibb And Kufuor) / 27 N-delta Militants Arrested In Ghana / Nigeria Governorship Election Final Results 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.