Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,665 members, 7,882,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air (6149 Views)

If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. / Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chatinent: 11:26am
I am quite acrophobic... I had to act up like I wasn't new to it but after it took off, I felt badly nauseous that to locate lavatory come bi problem for me. See sweat. I asked one member of the cabin crew and she giggled and guided me while staying outside the door. See me they struggle to reduce the volumn of the throwup with red eyes. Haha. Omo I finished, to come open door knob come bi problem for local man again. Had to knock a bit and she opened it trying to stifle her explosive laugher.

Trust me, I bone, and staggered to my space. Omo, another wahala of looking for my seat come bi problem o. I maintained steeze continuously falling my hands.

I think another time was going into the business class when I was economy. I no fit talk this one o.😅😅😅

What about you jare?

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Sonnobax15(m): 11:36am
lipsrsealed
Haven't had an experience of it yet,but I'm only here to cheer you up oga Chatinet..

I hope you didn't try to open the window so as to allow free flow of fresh air? cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by DMerciful01(m): 11:43am
LAGOS TO MARYLAND what a nice experience...
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Zonefree(m): 12:08pm
Should Edo airline passengers share their experience too? undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chatinent: 12:46pm
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Haven't had an experience of it yet,but I'm only here to cheer you up oga Chatinet..

I hope you didn't try to open the window so as to allow a free flow of fres air? cheesy

Welcome man

I no fit even look window twice lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chatinent: 12:46pm
Zonefree:
Should Edo airline passengers share their experience too? undecided

Yes. All na craft.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by immortalcrown(m): 12:47pm
Let me just copy it from one of my previous posts.

In my JSS1, my school took me and my schoolmates on an excursion to an airport. We were not allowed to enter an airplane because of 911 attack. But years later, I travelled by air.

The first flight I boarded was a local one. No family member or friend to guide me. I didn't know how and where to go when I entered the airport. I saw a place marked "Departure" (entrance) and took the route. I got to a scanning point and was searched and scanned. I asked a random worker on uniform a question and he pointed to the ticketing stand of the company I was to use. The rest was easy to detect and follow until boarding time. I saw my seat number on my ticket but didn't know how to locate the seat when I entered the plane. I didn't see number on any seat. I didn't know that the seat numbers are on the roof (should I call it ceiling?), not on the seats. I asked an air hostess who gave me a strange look before directing me to check the roof part above the seats. My first experience of turbulence (galloping in air 😀) scared me.

Another funny experience was when a hostess pushing trolley around to pack wastes after the passengers had had snacks got to my side, I myself trashed the wraps of my snacks into a waste container on the trolley and the hostess gave me a strange look. I then observed and noticed that other passengers were relaxed and she herself was picking the trashes from the trays, meaning I shouldn't have bothered myself to do the trashing myself. That was it. After then, I have travelled by air to 3 countries without difficulties in navigating through airports.

One of the things I have learnt from travelling by air is that the bigger an airplane is, the more comfort the airplane offers. For most small airplanes, no enough space for your legs, and you have to stretch your hands to the ceiling to adjust AC, turn light off or on and to press call button. But in most of bigger airplanes, you do the operations on a touchscreen in your front, and you have more space for your legs. You can't (or let me say you are not allowed to) recline your seat in some small airplanes.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by rowlandwhy: 2:44pm
on my first flight, i didn't know how to buckle the seat belt and the plane was already taxing off the tarmac, an elderly man seating next to me was like, "is this your first flight?" and i nodded sheepishly angry

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chatinent: 3:55pm
immortalcrown:

In my JSS1, my school took me and my schoolmates on an excursion to an airport. We were not allowed to enter an airplane because of 911 attack. But years later, I travelled by air.

The first flight I boarded was a local one. No family member or friend to guide me. I didn't know how and where to go when I entered the airport. I saw a place marked "Departure" (entrance) and took the route. I got to a scanning point and was searched and scanned. I asked a random worker on uniform a question and he pointed to the ticketing stand of the company I was to use. The rest was easy to detect and follow until boarding time. I saw my seat number on my ticket but didn't know how to locate the seat when I entered the plane. I didn't see number on any seat. I didn't know that the seat numbers are on the roof (should I call it ceiling?), not on the seats. I asked an air hostess who gave me a strange look before directing me to check the roof part above the seats. My first experience of turbulence (galloping in air 😀) scared me.

Another funny experience was when a hostess pushing trolley around to pack wastes after the passengers had had snacks got to my side, I myself trashed the wraps of my snacks into a waste container on the trolley and the hostess gave me a strange look. I then observed and noticed that other passengers were relaxed and she herself was picking the trashes from the trays, meaning I shouldn't have bothered myself to do the trashing myself. That was it. After then, I have travelled by air to 3 countries without difficulties in navigating through airports.

One of the things I have learnt from travelling by air is that the bigger an airplane is, the more comfort the airplane offers. For most small airplanes, no enough space for your legs, and you have to stretch your hands to the ceiling to adjust AC, turn light off or on and to press call button. But in most of bigger airplanes, you do the operations on a touchscreen in your front, and you have more space for your legs. You can't (or let me say you are not allowed to) recline your seat in some small airplanes.

Haha. I enjoyed this.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Nazgul: 4:26pm
Had my first experience over a decade ago from Lagos to asaba in an AERO Contractor aircraft. It was prayer galore. My seat was by the window, It was useless cos I had to shut off my eyes during take off and landing due to fear. The plane was so noisy that when we finally landed, I disembarked with blocked ear.

Flown several times after that, although with less prayers inflight. (had encountered storm inflight once Enugu-Lagos route, was really scary).

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by NwaNimo1(m): 4:26pm
Superman picked me up and we went on a cruise

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Dododudu(m): 4:26pm
Nothing serious about it abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by dawnomike(m): 4:27pm
DM me... will fly one of the top monickers that commented above for the first time just for the experience...
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Slytiger: 4:27pm
The first time was okay. it was Bellview air (owned by Tunde Yusuf) from Lagos to London Heathrow. Virgin Atlantic, virgin Nigeria and the others were too expensive. Aside the turbulence, it was all okay with Jollof rice and chicken served onboard.

Lots of turbulence on this flight and the couple beside me almost had hypertension. They were first time flyers as well and they kept praying in tongues. Out of fear, at some point the husband mistakenly grabbed my hand thinking it was that of his wife sat beside him.

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by aboki2000(m): 4:28pm
From Jupiter to Mars nice experience

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by StraightGaay: 4:28pm
immortalcrown:

Took I not me
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Anguldi(m): 4:29pm
tongue
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Ekpoma1: 4:29pm
Logos to Abuja...thank God it wasn't during raining season. It was a smooth journey. One of the best experiences

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by onadana: 4:30pm
it was a normal thing. Maybe I will respond well if you say share your experience flying 23hours to Australia. shocked
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Beremx(f): 4:30pm
My first flight was to Abuja courtesy of a great friend. It was equally my first time visiting Abuja. I was nervous initially but I became comfortable later. After that flight, I haven't traveled again by flight. Hope to travel and experience it soonest

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by HydraFeeds(m): 4:31pm
Till today my heart still races during takeoff,turbulence or course changing but I have a RBF.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Domaining101: 4:31pm
grin
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by ToteJesus: 4:31pm
First flight ever:

Lagos to Abuja (Max Air) 2022
I entered the plane excitedly. I was meant to seat on a Seat E. But was so carried away I sat on Seat F so I can have a window view. The original owner of the seat came and drew my attention to the fact that I have her seat. Within a second, she just waived - a signal that she was ok exchanging seat with me.

Time to buckle my belts, and I realised I couldn't figure it out. I had to turn to my neighbour again, who by now knew I was a first time flier by my anxiety over figuring the belt. She gestured to me on how to fix the belt and I did accordingly.

I was really excited to see just how beautiful abuja's landscape was from the air.

First International Flight.
Lagos to Atlanta USA. (Delta Airlines) 2022

I entered the massive Airbus A300 series double aisle plane and could not ignore the huge disparity between a local flight and Intl flight experience.
The plane was rugged, the air conditioning was perfect. Everything about the flight was beautiful.

I didn't get a window seat, so. after take off I searched out the hostesses and relocated myself to window seat. Even though I didn't see the lift off from Lagos. I couldn't imagine missing the touch down Atlanta.

It was soooo beautiful! The lightning, highways of Atlanta are so nice! Touching down, we hovered in the air for a while before we finally touched down. Exciting experience!

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by InventTech: 4:31pm
2022, Lagos to Abuja (Return Ticket)
Nearly missed the Flight as I thought I was boarding a regular bus grin. Flight was pretty fast, got some goose bumps when it the big bird was sliding up the air.

Looking back, all glory to God! 🙏

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Lovelydaisies: 4:32pm
Haha. The next time I travel in my dreams, I'll tell you.

For now, I've only been in a damaged aircraft. cheesy

I hope to fly someday too, and not experience so much discomfort or stress.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by GENES11S: 4:34pm
Let me put on my lie detector glasses and start taking readings..

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by BABANGBALI: 4:34pm
I will never forget the horrible sounds that rang in my ears throughout the flight and after the trip.

Waiting to read lies from people who have never been to the airport. Mannabbqgrils, ajepako, fatymore, folake4u, Mynd44, funkybabee, Sweetplum, odefagirl, Dpen11and Midehi3 i didn't call una names o grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by eliwa47(m): 4:35pm
That was in 2005 to South Africa, it was an awesome experience, though the airline I boarded was Cameronian Airline, people refer to it as Labalaba ( butterfly) grin🦋.

There's always an impact on the Airplane whenever there's turbulence, and me as first timer on the plane was very scared, but thereafter I was a master grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by PlasmaTV: 4:35pm
Nigeria to Rwanda.
Very amazing experience.

1) The in flight food was awesome.
2) You eventually get used to the buzzing noise.
3) Always take your entertainment. Mine was my tablet (for movies) , and a hard copy book.
4) I always prefer night flight to day flight.
5) Get ready for change in climate.
6) Keep your eyes off the hair hostesses, especially Rwanda ladies. They are beautiful 😍.
7) Jetlag is a real thing. Your body would have to adjust with the differing time zones

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Biglittlelois(f): 4:35pm
It was a funny experience anytime I remember, I'm claustrophobic so it was a big issue for me being in a confined space with no fresh air, I had to listen to loud music to tune down my anxiety and fear, but I pulled through.
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Offpoint1: 4:36pm
I don't travel by air because if God wanted me to fly e for give me wings grin

I only travel by land or water and water being my favorite. Nothing sweeter than being on the open water on high speed boat and the waves crashing on it having it flapping on the water

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do You Guys Now Send Money To Nigeria From The USA? / I Want To Return Back To Nigeria. The Weather Over Here Is So Cold. (photos) / Can 12m Enough For My Wife And Two Children

Viewing this topic: Emblj, Praktikals1000, doggedfighter(f), Kasalagoburst, Balateef2, ThothHermes, rukyboy(m), Youpele52, itzvictor219(m), Dangote010(m), joiyke89, StrongandMighty, Emmyjb(m), Prinxx(m), YoungLionken(m), Kanshi1(m), Bobbyjay001(m), Caleb15(m), Damitrippin(m), Gboy5050, Edoziesmart(m), Izzyboy19 and 39 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.