Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,680 members, 7,882,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:25 PM

Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air (7673 Views)

If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. / Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Sapasenator: 6:56pm
I despise flying.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chaiks: 6:57pm
chatinent:

Thanks for sharing this.

uwc.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by shamsin6300(m): 6:57pm
Anatolia:

Apply for American Schools.

Alright sir.
Incase you come across anyone I will gladly appreciate it if you can share with me through this mail: shamsin6300@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chaiks: 6:57pm
Honestly, try Asian countries especially Japan and South Korea . Then applying for direct PhD in USA is another good option.
shamsin6300:

I almost secured a fully funded scholarship at UK having gotten the admission but lose out on the sponsor.

Apart from the UK scholarship, I have applied for like 9 different scholarships but couldn't succeed in any.

Any motivation for me? Because I don't loose hope in any scholarship like this.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chaiks: 6:59pm
Thank you. I have been thinking about the options honestly. In California, it's another masters and rent is almost the money I will be paid for TA. But in Japan, three years boom, PhD is done. Thanks for your input.
Equity15:
wow nice read!! Your story is similar to mine but mine wasn't in the academics line. God bless you. I'd advise you continue with your PhD, you can always move to the U.S or any country you wish with it. Best of luck!!
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Bobage16(m): 7:03pm
Na big big tins yu de like 😂
chatinent:
I am quite acrophobic... I had to act up like I wasn't new to it but after it took off, I felt badly nauseous that to locate lavatory come bi problem for me. See sweat. I asked one member of the cabin crew and she giggled and guided me while staying outside the door. See me they struggle to reduce the volumn of the throwup with red eyes. Haha. Omo I finished, to come open door knob come bi problem for local man again. Had to knock a bit and she opened it trying to stifle her explosive laugher.

Trust me, I bone, and staggered to my space. Omo, another wahala of looking for my seat come bi problem o. I maintained steeze continuously falling my hands.

I think another time was going into the business class when I was economy. I no fit talk this one o.😅😅😅

What about you jare?
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Amayabor1: 7:11pm
Beremx:
no I go wedding on invite from my great friend

Okay. Cool
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Caleb15(m): 7:25pm
I will come and modify this post once i get to the U.S of A
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by TallnSexyBabe(f): 7:32pm
I was 5 and very excited. It was fun.
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Zealag(m): 7:33pm
Air planes sit belt
Take off and landing vibration
The small food they serve is from Lagos - Qatar - maldives🤣
The experience was what it
Didn’t forget the clouds ☁️
It’s crazy mehn
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by TallnSexyBabe(f): 7:35pm
chaiks:
First time was October 10, 2022. I was traveling to Japan, Tokyo precisely to do my masters having won the Japanese MEXT scholarship. It was an all-expenses paid trip. I took off from Abuja via Turkish airways by 11 pm in the night direct to Istanbul (about 6:30min) flight. When we were undergoing check at the Abuja airport, it was like as if it's a film. I could remember all the scholarship rejections I have been getting since finishing nysc in 2015, including the construction sites in Onitsha where I used to do labour work despite being the best graduating student of my cohort. Everything seemed like a movie when after the check, we kept on being told to move from one location to another to wait for flight time. While seating down with other travellers, I was full of thanksgiving in my mind, and I knew it was just grace. When I entered the plane, my god, I nearly cried. But the multitude of people coming in made me realise it's a normal thing. I sat beside the window with one guy travelling to Turkey with his father. When the plane moved, I didn't know that it was going up in the air untill the whole buildings begin to look so tiny while I looked down. I said in my mind good bye naija. I remembered my mother, my brother and friends who probably will be waiting for the morning to set out for hustling. As the plane kept on moving, the beautiful air hostess began to move something and my guy told me they will be serving us food. I laughed and was so happy. I ate all the things and said yest when the air hostess asked if I still care for more drink. Suddenly we began to see only clouds. We got to Istanbul very early in the morning. I laid over for 17 hrs before boarding from Istanbul to Tokyo. While in the Turkish airport, I was hopping from one restaurant to another, trying to finish 100usd I brought out from the money with me but it refused to finish. When we finally set off to Tokyo, they served us food twice. It was a long journey and while people beside me slept many times, I was awake and watching the clouds. I saw from the small screen places we have crossed and getting to(Bhutan, Azerbaijan, South Korea, china etc) when we finally landed in Tokyo, I nearly shout seeing the magnificence if the Haneda airport. I began to remember all those who ruled Nigeria and the depth of wickedness in them. At the airport, I also went through thorough check being a Nigerian. They told me to empty all the food stuffs and clothes. I gladly did and was eager to do more for them. They finished their checking and thanked me for cooperating with them. They asked if I want work permit. I said yes and they directed me to an office where I got it immediately. I slept in the airport instead of wasting money lodging hotel since Tokyo is one of the safest cities. In the morning, I asked for direction and followed instructions on how to get to my school via train. I got to my school around 10:30 in the morning. The student exchange division received me and said they have been expecting my arrival. They led me to my room in the school dorm. I began to thank God and remembered all the experiences I went through in Nigeria.
Right now, I am in the process of finishing my masters and have been admitted for PhD in same school and scholarship. Also, I got another masters admission and scholarship in California and now, am confused as to which choice to follow.
May God bless the effort of every Nigerian trying to become better in life.

You would spend years in Nigeria before you can achieve this
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by chieni(f): 7:58pm
chaiks:
First time was October 10, 2022. I was traveling to Japan, Tokyo precisely to do my masters having won the Japanese MEXT scholarship. It was an all-expenses paid trip. I took off from Abuja via Turkish airways by 11 pm in the night direct to Istanbul (about 6:30min) flight. When we were undergoing check at the Abuja airport, it was like as if it's a film. I could remember all the scholarship rejections I have been getting since finishing nysc in 2015, including the construction sites in Onitsha where I used to do labour work despite being the best graduating student of my cohort. Everything seemed like a movie when after the check, we kept on being told to move from one location to another to wait for flight time. While seating down with other travellers, I was full of thanksgiving in my mind, and I knew it was just grace. When I entered the plane, my god, I nearly cried. But the multitude of people coming in made me realise it's a normal thing. I sat beside the window with one guy travelling to Turkey with his father. When the plane moved, I didn't know that it was going up in the air untill the whole buildings begin to look so tiny while I looked down. I said in my mind good bye naija. I remembered my mother, my brother and friends who probably will be waiting for the morning to set out for hustling. As the plane kept on moving, the beautiful air hostess began to move something and my guy told me they will be serving us food. I laughed and was so happy. I ate all the things and said yest when the air hostess asked if I still care for more drink. Suddenly we began to see only clouds. We got to Istanbul very early in the morning. I laid over for 17 hrs before boarding from Istanbul to Tokyo. While in the Turkish airport, I was hopping from one restaurant to another, trying to finish 100usd I brought out from the money with me but it refused to finish. When we finally set off to Tokyo, they served us food twice. It was a long journey and while people beside me slept many times, I was awake and watching the clouds. I saw from the small screen places we have crossed and getting to(Bhutan, Azerbaijan, South Korea, china etc) when we finally landed in Tokyo, I nearly shout seeing the magnificence if the Haneda airport. I began to remember all those who ruled Nigeria and the depth of wickedness in them. At the airport, I also went through thorough check being a Nigerian. They told me to empty all the food stuffs and clothes. I gladly did and was eager to do more for them. They finished their checking and thanked me for cooperating with them. They asked if I want work permit. I said yes and they directed me to an office where I got it immediately. I slept in the airport instead of wasting money lodging hotel since Tokyo is one of the safest cities. In the morning, I asked for direction and followed instructions on how to get to my school via train. I got to my school around 10:30 in the morning. The student exchange division received me and said they have been expecting my arrival. They led me to my room in the school dorm. I began to thank God and remembered all the experiences I went through in Nigeria.
Right now, I am in the process of finishing my masters and have been admitted for PhD in same school and scholarship. Also, I got another masters admission and scholarship in California and now, am confused as to which choice to follow.

Hello good day. Please I have few questions to ask with respect to the schorlarhip.

1. Is the funding enough to sustain beneficiaries throughout the program, especially if they are not working.

2. Does the schorlarhip also give room for beneficiaries to work while schooling?
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Truthbites: 8:36pm
I hate flying with a passion. I always say my last prayers. Flying the first time for me , is the same as flying second or third time. I de fear say e go crash. I hate it very very well
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by shamsin6300(m): 8:36pm
chaiks:
Honestly, try Asian countries especially Japan and South Korea . Then applying for direct PhD in USA is another good option.

I will look into that
Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by Truthbites: 8:41pm
chaiks:

To de win scholarship up and down,u must be very clever. Dull person nor de win o
Re: Share Your Experience First Time You Travelled By Air by kwaso2: 9:07pm
Yeah, nice experience, i can help recreate the experience for you ...are you interested?
Beremx:
My first flight was to Abuja courtesy of a great friend. It was equally my first time visiting Abuja. I was nervous initially but I became comfortable later. After that flight, I haven't traveled again by flight. Hope to travel and experience it soonest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turkish Airline. / Inside Morrocco / Cost Of Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana

Viewing this topic: Oyifiodadodu, Sbsrules, Kasalagoburst, Urgent10M, Thephilosopher1, BlueOrion, DiskJokeyManic, MathsMathsMaths, Ademidd, immanuelsize and 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.