Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,133 members, 7,931,873 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:44 PM

10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes (63822 Views)

Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As / Inside Donald Trump's Multi-Million Dollar Mansions (Pictures) / Lord's Chosen Enugu Church Building’s Collapse Imminent As Flood Wreaks Havoc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Slytiger: 8:26pm On Jul 07
TONYE001:
Some of us can go to any extent just to appear right or validated.

How can you laugh at someone affected by a natural disaster?

What has happened to humanity sef?

I'm honestly ashamed at the extent we've fallen!
That's Ibo people for you. And when others push back, the mods starts hiding post of those calling out their bad behaviours.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by NewHe: 8:27pm On Jul 07
Not only Lekki or Ikoyi, please!
Is there any thing special about the place or the people?
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Alvin212(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07
Nature don provide free swimming pool

Still on Still
E-BOLA Tinubu Amoda is a Criminal
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by onajo2000(m): 8:30pm On Jul 07
[quote author=Tjra post=130838649]
You people always delight in the misfortune of others. Almost every single one of you. Na really follow come.

Don't worry, based on the weather advisory the flood go soon reach una side before month end.

Once it does, I no wan hear Federal government has no presence in the east oo.

Make I hear wetin una go talk then
[/quote
Before it gets to east, Lagos must have been
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by TableLeg(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07
Zooposki:
Our rondon o ti baje.

Sen gbo weyrey?

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by FatimaAbubakar(f): 8:32pm On Jul 07
helinues:
Rich man self dey cry because life is unfair to everyone

Ekperima

2 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by masseratti: 8:35pm On Jul 07
Angelfrost:
Coastal road or not, Las Las, nature will reclaim that Island!

Anyone buying and developing in that Island area is not smart or hates long-term thinking.

My last visit to the bar beach shocked me... I was incredibly shocked at how much the ocean had eaten so far that the beach is now so close to the road.

While at the beach, I could still see the water advancing further and further.
bar wetin?na for where you see bar beach?where is it located?

3 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Orch1981: 8:35pm On Jul 07
CJStarz:
So after demolishing Igbo people structures in Lagos after accusing then of building on drainages,water still swallow Lagos.
Don't mind them na envy

4 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Dalohad: 8:35pm On Jul 07
Zooposki:
Our rondon o ti baje.

You are a non-Ibo. But you are very keen on attracting insults to Ibos..
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Chetas81(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07
Curious345:
Nigeria is poor
mentally poor citizen
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by jaxxy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07
jjcena:
If most of the expensive neighbourhoods in the island was properly planned and built by a sane government just like they did to Festac, it won't be this bad.

Asides building in water ways and blocked drainages, the ground table floor which the island was developed on is very low.

Does festac have drainages? It's just lucky to be well above sea level and not water logged.

Most places in lekki are close to sea level or sandfilled without proper drainage channels hence they are prone to flooding.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by ourcrudeoil: 8:38pm On Jul 07
I hope they are not running to ikorodu...

2 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Orch1981: 8:39pm On Jul 07
TONYE001:
Some of us can go to any extent just to appear right or validated.

How can you laugh at someone affected by a natural disaster?

What has happened to humanity sef?

I'm honestly ashamed at the extent we've fallen!
But when this ronu people laugh at southeast erosion you have nothing to say

2 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by mozona(m): 8:39pm On Jul 07
Obainoman6:

i can imagine how life is for you in the under bridge, street urchin
Afterall the said person don have a house where his house will be flooded after little rain.

Island is over hype.. I stay in mainland if like make the rain fall for 24hrs.. I no fear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by JaskanFactor: 8:39pm On Jul 07
dont know why drainage is being blamed when everybody can see 10 hour rainfall is unusual.
The oyinbo people like bill gates that want to reduce world population have turned weather into a weapon.
Its nothing to do with illegal structures, the weather is now a weapon being used to depopulate the world

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by pikechukwu6(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07
One drug master spotted grin grin grin

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Chetas81(m): 8:40pm On Jul 07
FOOOOOOOOOOLISH CITIZEN, TRUMP CALLED NIGERIA SHITHOLE CITIZEN, BECAUSE THEIR NOT ASHAMED OF THEIR SELF, BY MAKE THINGS WORK OUT MORE THAN WHAT WE CAN SEE
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by descarado: 8:41pm On Jul 07
Sighs. People should stop building around that area. Who dey approve these building sef.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by TONYE001(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07
osazsky:
do u even know d meaning of flood and wat causes it...in a planed city a mere 10hrs rain can not cause a single flood..pls stop defending rubbish..this is a public forum

Kindly point out the rubbish I'm defending, please.

Whether this flooding is a product of poor governance or planning is secondary.

My worry here is that some people are actually laughing at victims of this natural disaster.

This is absurd and shocking, to say the least.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by OlujobaSamuel: 8:41pm On Jul 07
osazsky:
do u even know d meaning of flood and wat causes it...in a planed city a mere 10hrs rain can not cause a single flood..pls stop defending rubbish..this is a public forum
A mere 10hrs rain you say.
Even a 1hr rain can cause flash flood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Charley007: 8:42pm On Jul 07
OlujobaSamuel:

And they told you buildings on the island are not planned Or festac isn't flooded??
Seems you are not familiar with one or both places that you mentioned, btw, we are talking about flash flood, you don't have power over it, that's why it's classified as Act of God under disaster classification.
The current environmental planning abuse in festac isn't in anyway close to the abuse on the island
my friend festac is properly built with massive underground drain network....it can never experience this kind or any kind of flooding.....go and verify*
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Emman08: 8:43pm On Jul 07
When the waters recede, that's when another danger starts. It is well known that after floods, disease outbreaks are common.

This is because homes and drinking water sources - wells and even some boreholes are contaminated with overflown sewers, gutters and even toilets.

The state needs to work overtime to avert this, knowing there was already a cholera outbreak some few weeks ago.
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Maxtipulation(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07
Unless LASG tender apology to the victims of demolished buildings and do restitution floods will keep on submerging properties in Lagos

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by saveman91(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07
You can't see this kind flood in akwa ibom state
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by HilcomTech(m): 8:49pm On Jul 07
SensualMan:
I thought Jagaban tamed the Atlantic?
I remember vividly well on that faithful day Jagaban spoke to the Atlantic to be still and it did. What then is happening? Igbos in war propaganda circulating old videos of flooded lagos even before Tinubu became governor.
Bitter Obidients.

IP0B/0BIDIENTS are too D U M B

Is that water from the Atlantic?

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Blaze95: 8:49pm On Jul 07
May God almighty see them through, so sad 😥.

1 Like

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Meti99(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07
The rich also RUN
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by CoronaVirusPro: 8:56pm On Jul 07
The craze about the Lekki axis I seem not to understand.

Security =0 cultism and Toutism is a norm.
Road network=0 (one way in, one way out.)
Mosquito= Headquarters in Africa
Driainage=0 (understandable, it’s a coastal location)
Clean water=0 water hard like Aso rock

The worth and hype does not just correlate with the comfort.

Outside its appreciating value, area practically has nothing to offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by Artscollection: 8:59pm On Jul 07
And baba sold atlantic ocean to his lebanese friend so further worsen the flood matter. Eko atlantic will aid in submerging some part of island. Those guys blocke the ocean on that part so the water is finding another route
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by tete7000(m): 8:59pm On Jul 07
Lagos is one place in the world where people spend expensively to buy pain.

3 Likes

Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by dododawa1: 9:00pm On Jul 07
One tribe is happy

Na turn by turn
Re: 10-Hour Rainfall: Lekki, Ikoyi Residents Flee Mansions As Flood Ravages Homes by waice6571: 9:02pm On Jul 07
What do you expect after a continuous rainfall of about 10 hours in an area that is less than or equal to 2 meters above the sea level?

Flash floods are inevitable and such has nothing to do good governance. It is just a natural occurrence. We saw almighty Dubai under flood water recently.

Let nobody rejoice over the calamity of some other people, because you don't know dimensions, when and how yours would come but, it shall definitely come.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Building A Large Duplex In Enugu / Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Cost Of Soakaway(septic Tank)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.