Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,175 members, 7,913,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 02:13 AM

Arise! Oh Ikwerres. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arise! Oh Ikwerres. (2076 Views)

Dear Ikwerres & Ikas / Ikwerre Are Not Igbos, BRACED Counters Amaechi's Claim That Ikwerres Are Igbos / Wike To Ikwerres, Let No One Intimidate You, we’re Not 2nd Class Citizens(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by chrisxxx(m): 10:10am On Jul 07
It is quite unfortunate that Nigerians are not seeing to this. The Ikwerres have lived with the Kalabaris, Okrikans, Ogonis and others. These people know who the Igbos are and who ikwerres are. They don't know them as Owerri man or Umuahia man. Once you mention you come from any of these mentioned places they call them Igbo. They know the boundary between them and the Ikwerres. Ikwerres joined with other minorities to fight for a separate state from the old east.
In 1963 ikwerre formed Ogbakor Ikwerre. This was before the civil war. In 1965 ikwerres had a declaration of self realisation that they are neither Ijaw, Ogoni nor Igbos but Ikwerres. It is today known as Rumuomasi Declaration. It is online.
If my language sounds similar with yours must I be you? Have you not reasoned you might be me? At best will it not be reasonable to say we are brothers? Will there not be some similarities between children of Esau and Jacob?
Igbos have traveled all over the world and have come across people who speak similar language but different people. This could be found among the Ukraine and Poland. Also with Sweden and Denmark similarly with Finland and Norway. You can also see this with Malaysia and Indonesia. Spain and Portugal. In Nigeria here it is found even among the Yoruba and Itsekiri. Urhobo and Isoko. Igbos see these people as different people but won't accept the same phenomenon in their backyard. This phenomenon is called mutual intelligibility in linguistics. They want to be left alone but won't leave others alone. Americans left Britain, today America is more populated and powerful than Britain.
If it weren't documented who would have believed that today considering the size of the UK and America?
They claim Rotimi Amaechi said he was Igbo. Amaechi never said this anywhere. Amaechi only said no one could deny him of his Igbo heritage just as no one can deny me of my English heritage. When Amechi visited the Deji of Akure during his presidential campaign he told him in a clear terms where he comes from. He told him he had come to seek for his support not as a Yoruba man, or Hausa man or Igbo man or Ikwerre where he comes from.
https://onepageafrica.com/2022/04/25/presidential-race-2023-i-will-be-president-for-all-amaechi-assures-as-he-visits-south-west-states/
Some scientists cane together in Uniport to carry out a scientific study to establish a link between the ikwerres and Igbos and ended up with a result of wide disparity between the Igbos and the ikwerres.
Some times in the past some Ethiopians claimed to be Jews test were done to conclude that.
Recently a test was carried out to establish if there were Jews in Nigeria as claimed the results came out negative.
These test were conducted by Igbos scientists. See attached.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1155/2014/123925

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Curious345: 11:25am On Jul 07
Who be this one 🤣🤣🤣.

You don't know your history ....

4 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Medipharm: 11:31am On Jul 07
Oga go and rest jooo....if they are brothers what does that tell you?

Meanwhile, I don't know why this is bringing problem especially to you people of the west. If ikweres say they are not Igbos, does it mean that Igbos don't exist? If they are denying they are not Igbos, that's their own headache, I am just seeing shear self-centeredness

9 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by CyrusVI(m): 11:51am On Jul 07
Medipharm:
Oga go and rest jooo....if they are brothers what does that tell you?

Meanwhile, I don't know why this is bringing problem especially to you people of the west. If ikweres say they are not Igbos, does it mean that Igbos don't exist? If they are denying they are not Igbos, that's their own headache, I am just seeing shear self-centeredness

He's Ikwerre actually and since you're not Igbo, just let the two group settle it out between themselves

You dnt always have to delve into what u don't know much about

5 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by chrisxxx(m): 12:19pm On Jul 07
CyrusVI:

He's Ikwerre actually and since you're not Igbo, just let the two group settle it out between themselves

You dnt always have to delve into what u don't know much about
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by MasterJayJay: 12:24pm On Jul 07
English is your heritage? I love how people decide to sound stupid when promoting their stupidity.

11 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by chrisxxx(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07
MasterJayJay:
English is your heritage? I love how people decide to sound stupid when promoting their stupidity.
Daft. So you don't know you inherited the English Language from the British colonization of Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Paraman: 12:31pm On Jul 07
Curious345:
Who be this one 🤣🤣🤣.

You don't know your history ....
An Ikwerre man from Rivers does not know Ikwerre history, but you from far away Agulu in Anambra state knows Ikwerre history even though you don't know the history of Agulu or Akwa grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Paraman: 12:33pm On Jul 07
Agboola Ajayi, the PDP candidate in the Ondo election is an Ijaw man from Kiribo. Agboola Ajayi has a Yoruba name, dress like a Yoruba man and speak Yoruba fluently, but that does not mean he's a Yoruba man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by MasterJayJay: 12:33pm On Jul 07
chrisxxx:

Daft. So you don't know you inherited the English Language from the British colonization of Nigeria?
Shut that dustbin!!

You are next in line to the throne in England. Prepare to be their next king in your babablu heritage.

1 Like

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Curious345: 12:34pm On Jul 07
Paraman:
An Ikwerre man from Rivers does not know Ikwerre history, but you from far away Agulu in Anambra state knows Ikwerre history even though you don't know the history of Agulu or Akwa grin

I'm not from Agulu.. 🤣🤣🤣 ewuuuu

3 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Curious345: 12:36pm On Jul 07
Ikwerri are Igbo minorities .. that's why they speak Igbo ,have their villages names in Ibo, give their children Ibo names , cook and eat Ibo dishes ,marry Ibo girls..

Any other story are tales emanating from trading their brains to the Fulani who entered portharcourt in 1969

13 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:45pm On Jul 07
This argument will result to something else cos I know how children of the west love causing problem. If you are ikwerre no problem no one is taking that from you. But if you say you inherited Igbo and you don't belong to them, in my best knowledge for you not to associate with this Igbo tribe the best thing for you to do is:

1. Stop speaking there language
2. Stop practicing there culture
3. Stop answering there names.

Once you start doing these three things I listed above we can categorically say oh ikwerre's are truly not Igbo. Please stop the mumbojumbo it's very annoying instead do these three things listed above thank you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by NaMe4: 12:45pm On Jul 07
It's well known the Ikweres are a distinct ethnic group. No argument.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Curious345: 12:56pm On Jul 07
NaMe4:
It's well known the Ikweres are a distinct ethnic group. No argument.
🤣🤣🤣Dey play

3 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by chrisxxx(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07
MasterJayJay:

Shut that dustbin!!

You are next in line to the throne in England. Prepare to be their next king in your babablu heritage.
Una no dey learn.

4 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by chrisxxx(m): 1:08pm On Jul 07
Funkyswagzz:
This argument will result to something else cos I know how children of the west love causing problem. If you are ikwerre no problem no one is taking that from you. But if you say you inherited Igbo and you don't belong to them, in my best knowledge for you not to associate with this Igbo tribe the best thing for you to do is:

Once you start doing these three things I listed above we can categorically say oh ikwerre's are truly not Igbo. Please stop the mumbojumbo it's very annoying instead do these three things listed above thank you.
It is on record that you left your home to ikwerre land. You never met them without a language. If there is anyone speaking the language of the other it is you who migrated to ikwerre land to steal out language.

5 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Tjra: 1:14pm On Jul 07
Paraman:
Agboola Ajayi, the PDP candidate in the Ondo election is an Ijaw man from Kiribo. Agboola Ajayi has a Yoruba name, dress like a Yoruba man and speak Yoruba fluently, but that does not mean he's a Yoruba man.
You can easily replace this Agboola with Olumide Akpata, the Edo state labour party candidate.

Olumide is an Edo man not Yoruba. That's what these guys don't understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by chrisxxx(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07
Funkyswagzz:

Igbos by their way of life have also inherited other cultures.

3 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by gidgiddy: 1:18pm On Jul 07
What's with all these Ikwerre threads lately?

4 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Paraman: 1:19pm On Jul 07
gidgiddy:
What's with all these Ikwerre threads lately?
Your people needs to stop attaching themselves with the Ikwerres

4 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by gidgiddy: 1:22pm On Jul 07
Paraman:

We are all attached in Nigeria anyway
Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Paraman: 1:25pm On Jul 07
gidgiddy:

We are all attached in Nigeria anyway
Sure, but everyone should know their boundary, Igbos should stop attaching themselves with the Ikwerres

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:25pm On Jul 07
Paraman:

Yoruba man, what’s your own in the matter!? Why this desperation to try and see Ikwerre distanced/separated from the wider Igbo ethnicity!? Is there something you’re not telling us!?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Paraman: 1:29pm On Jul 07
LOVEALAIGBO:

Yoruba man, what’s your own in the matter!? Why this desperation to try and see Ikwerre distanced/separated from the wider Igbo ethnicity!? Is there something you’re not telling us!?
Ikwerres are Nigerians, I have the right to speak on their behalf... Ikwerre no b igbo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07
chrisxxx:

It is on record that you left your home to ikwerre land. You never met them without a language. If there is anyone speaking the language of the other it is you who migrated to ikwerre land to steal out language.

Oh that explains why you seized our property after the civil war and denied you are not igbo in oputa panel. Please show us the place were you read Igbos stole ikwerre language. Kindly drop the link below

2 Likes

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07
Paraman:

It is a general belief in Ondo south that Ikale, Ilaje and Apoi (what you call Ijaw) are from the same root.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by gidgiddy: 1:34pm On Jul 07
Paraman:
Sure, but everyone should know their boundary, Igbos should stop attaching themselves with the Ikwerres

Then that means 'one Nigeria' is pointless and Igbos should be allowed to go their way as Biafra and there will be no more attachments

1 Like

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by MasterJayJay: 1:36pm On Jul 07
chrisxxx:
Una no dey learn.
Open mouth waaaa! London is your heritage? Una babablu never do.

1 Like

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07
Tjra:

You can easily replace this Agboola with Olumide Akpata, the Edo state labour party candidate.

Olumide is an Edo man not Yoruba. That's what these guys don't understand.

And Amaechi, the formal rivers state governor. How he adopted Rotimi is still mystery to me. The name is Yoruba but he has nothing to do with Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by tungamaje: 1:38pm On Jul 07
Paraman:
So are there no Yoruba towns in Edo State? What about Ibilo and Sobe? Do you mean people from there aren't Yoruba?
Re: Arise! Oh Ikwerres. by Skooltynz: 1:45pm On Jul 07
You English heritage? That one loud ooo so Igbo colonized ikwerre wooow I will like to read about that Igbo empire.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obedients Responsible For Planned Protest – FG, Sowore Responds / Nigerian Senator, Ifeanyi Ubah Dies In London / Igp Okiro Denies Threatening To Deal With Ehindero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.