Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,376 members, 7,968,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 03:28 PM

EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills (12782 Views)

FG Allocates ₦2.8Bn To NICTM To Build Palaces, Police Stations In Edo, Osun / Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage / IGP Adamu Seeks N24.8bn To Fuel Vehicles, Motorcycles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by FireUpNow(m): 9:34am On Jul 09
They better meter every house with th excess.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by gudugudumeje: 9:36am On Jul 09
Igbayi l'arø.....
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Akenzua01: 9:37am On Jul 09
South-East don worry shege comot their body.

Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Yankee101: 9:38am On Jul 09
A nationwide strike needs to take place to address light bills and cost of living
They’re taking loans and stealing them an nearing their allowances
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by tunde1200(m): 9:41am On Jul 09
Honestly there's a big scam with ikedc too not only eedc how them want pay back with this huge money.

immortalcrown:
This amount is just for about 9 months. Imagine what they did for years.

You sure say dem go pay the money?

How dem go take distribute the money to customers?

EEDC is a big scam. It is said that prepaid meters are not the properties of the customers. But new customers pay for the meters. When a customer pays for the meter, EEDC creates an account for the person, gives the customer power supply with estimated billing for months before providing the person with the meter.

Why do new customers pay for the meters when they can't own the meters? And why must the customers suffer estimated billing for months before getting the meters?
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by dettolgel: 9:44am On Jul 09
Curious345:
Don't forget EEDC IS owned by Emeka offor.

Black on black crime

The dominant minority oppressing the docile majority with the help of the docile majority.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by higgs: 9:51am On Jul 09
The simple solution to all these issues is for the DISCOS to give every consumer a prepaid meter and gradually deduct the cost of the meter from bill payments. CBN can finance the scheme if necessary.If all the meters are supplied by local manufacturers, there will be a lot of trickle down economic benefits:increased employment, more tax revenue etc
The DISCOS don't want this because prepaid meters mean zero revenue during blackouts.

1 Like

Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by GenFunction: 9:56am On Jul 09
Another sector that needs auditing,and serious supervision.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:57am On Jul 09
Realtord43:
I'm more interested on how the intend paying back the money

From.the money they stole
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Elan83(m): 9:57am On Jul 09
They give us 70k-90k per flat here monthly in Enugu, emene area precisely
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Bluntemperor: 10:00am On Jul 09
All DISCOS are Fraudulent and can never refund anything to anybody.
1.they don't have any up to date data to man the Nigerian Populace.
2.they just seat in their Offices and allocate Naira Figure to any house, every Month- •Eyi- je,Eyi- ko- je- like a Ludo games.
3.So, instead of Prepaid Meters,they give Estimated Billings - Eyi- je,Eyi -ko je.,as they screwed the Masses,they leave other Corporate and Govt Institutions - from Paying their Bills- very Wicked sort of homo .
4.The Present DISCOS are too fraudulent and can Never take Nigeria to Industrialization - just Imagine the Chaos in the so called National Grid - breakdowns - just to make Money for the boys.
Very Shameful.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Omoboricash(m): 10:05am On Jul 09
Ray07:
nairaland1, these are the people you defend daily that they don't make profit as they should.

The electricity sector is the most corrupt in the country.
You have said it all. The most corrupt sector in Nigeria
Where i was living was estimated bill no prepaud meter .. Anytime they bill me, it's always around 20k monthly later it increases to 50k. I always pay range of 25 to 30k with pleading because they always insist i should pay whatever is given to me on the bill. Ikedc monthly bill was even more than house rent whrn it breakdown monthly
Lol and behold i changed my apartment and this new apartment has prepaid meter. What i use in a month is just 10k despite we have light often more in my new house than the former house.
Most of these distribution company are cooperate fraudster.
I wish the same sanction should be extended to Ikeja electric distribution company too.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Fiscus105(m): 10:13am On Jul 09
sonofsteven:
Can't the south east governors demand for this money and use it to generate power, for the south east alone?
Add money and build something like the geometric power in abia state and reduce cost of purchasing power for the residents??

11b naira cant do shishi" wen it comes to electricity issues, unless they want to contribute more to make it realistic.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by onez: 10:31am On Jul 09
PHED will vomit their own
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by GmoreG: 10:32am On Jul 09
The level of the impossibility is on d high side... Anyways it's good to be optimistic. They might pay it. This is Nigeria. Anything is possible.

Imagine....I enter bus from agbara to agboju....conductor say na 1K. Wetin I dey carry 700 to 800naira b4. It's a pity where Nigeria is heading to.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by PontiusPirate(m): 10:41am On Jul 09
Emeka Offor ji anyi akpa ego na east.
Person wey know person na em dey kill person now
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by sonofsteven: 10:42am On Jul 09
Fiscus105:

11b naira cant do shishi" wen it comes to electricity issues, unless they want to contribute more to make it realistic.

If you had read it slowly and completely, you'd see I mentioned adding to the money, which translates to IF E NO REACH MAKE THEM CONTRIBUTE OR BORROW TO MAKE IT REACH THEN FROM THE SALE THEY CAN PAY THE DEBT OFF
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Shantyken(m): 10:44am On Jul 09
Curious345:
Don't forget EEDC IS owned by Emeka offor.

Black on black crime
Also Ndigbo on Ndigbos
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by heniford2: 10:46am On Jul 09
Criminals big one everything in Nigeria runs on frude why just why??
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Joynodey: 10:47am On Jul 09
Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by fawaz050(m): 11:01am On Jul 09
Daniiel:
No wonder we wey dey pay 72k per flat a month Dem go dey use band A as excuse

No prepaid?
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by alexjhird: 11:08am On Jul 09
The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) has been ordered to refund N11.8 billion to Southeast customers due to over billing. This action follows the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission's (NERC) assessment of overestimation between January and September 2023. Also check the https://www.fascobill.pk/ for latest electricity bills.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by article1: 12:47pm On Jul 09
Nigeria is working
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by paramakina202: 1:05pm On Jul 09
Emekka Ofor is a rogue businessman I do not how he got EEDC at the expense of Prof Bath Nnaji.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by colonelwealth(m): 2:12pm On Jul 09
Everlastingson:

https://guardian.ng/crazy-bills-enugu-disco-to-refund-n11-8b-to-southeast-customers/

Very good.
Kudos to NERC and the officials behind this....others should emulate.

Southeast Nigeria is doing well.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Obaranje: 2:19pm On Jul 09
Realtord43:
I'm more interested on how the intend paying back the money
through the same bills, by dropping all incoming bills to accommodate over estimated bill until it's completed
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by Ubanz: 4:35pm On Jul 09
IPOB still allow the owners to be milking people.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by descarado: 6:27pm On Jul 09
immortalcrown:

EEDC is a big scam. It is said that prepaid meters are not the properties of the customers. But new customers pay for the meters. When a customer pays for the meter, EEDC creates an account for the person, gives the customer power supply with estimated billing for months before providing the person with the meter.

Why do new customers pay for the meters when they can't own the meters? And why must the customers suffer estimated billing for months before getting the meters?

When the major victims of the over-billing are those billed with estimation?

I bought prepaid meter when fashola started as minister of power. He was eager to work then and instructed nepa to pay everybody that prepaid meter at so so and so time. Then we paid 60k.
So anytime I go to buy unit, nepa will add an already programmed 2.5k unit to the one I bought.
Like that, my 60k was returned. But as all Nigerian systems, they did not programme it to stop immediately it reaches 60k. So it continued. I went and laid complaint as a good citizen, nothing. I went again and the manager( a friend pursued me from her office). That's the metre my tenants use for general stuff. Asked as I am no longer there and it's still the same.
Asked former colleagues and was told they don't even know how to stop it as it's complicated. Few of us in Abuja that bought that particular prepaid metre.
That's why I said allocation to those using prepaid meter.
Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by BALLOSKI: 6:54am On Jul 10
immortalcrown:

EEDC is a big scam. It is said that prepaid meters are not the properties of the customers. But new customers pay for the meters. When a customer pays for the meter, EEDC creates an account for the customer, gives the customer power supply with estimated billing for months before providing the customer with the meter.

When the major victims of the over-billing are those billed with estimation?
See

At the billing cycle for energy consumed in February 2024, NERC said EEDC shall credit the accounts for all customers that were over-billed between January to September 2023 based on the Commission’s assessment as contained in Schedule 1.

Re: EEDC To Refund ₦11.8bn To South-East Customers Over Crazy Bills by immortalcrown(m): 7:08am On Jul 10
BALLOSKI:
At the billing cycle for energy consumed in February 2024, NERC said EEDC shall credit the accounts for all customers that were over-billed between January to September 2023 based on the Commission’s assessment as contained in Schedule 1
Explain this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCT Dismisses Saraki’s Motion Seeking To Disqualify Justice umar / The World In 2050. Nigeria's GDP Projection / Atiku, PDP Seek Tribunal’s Permission To Inspect Inec’s Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.