Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,064 members, 7,973,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:12 PM

Jesus: The Heart Of Holiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus: The Heart Of Holiness (71 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Reacts To Claim Of Lowering Church’s Standard Of Holiness | VIDEO / From The DNA Of The Flesh To The DNA Of Holiness Inside Jesus Christ Crucified / Wearing Seductive Clothes To Deposit Lust In The Heart Of Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus: The Heart Of Holiness by topshore(f): 8:07pm On Jul 09
Scripture Text: Ephesians 3:16–19

To understand what it means to be holy, all we have to do is look at Jesus. He is the source of all holiness in at least three ways:

Jesus lived a holy life and showed others how to live a holy life. The main things in His life that showed how holy He was were:
First, Jesus loved God. He wanted to do everything His Father told Him to do (John 14:31). God gave him all the power He needed every day, and He tried to show others God (vs. 9).
Jesus felt bad for hurting people; sin had no power over His life (vs. 30). He was devoted to the ideas of being good. He worked hard all through His life to stay close to God. Christ also cared about other people; He came to die for sins (John 10:15–17; 15:13–15). His life and death showed how much He wanted to help and save sinners. The way Christ engaged with people showed how holy He was.

The second thing is that we can't be holy today without Christ. It is impossible for us to live a holy life on our own, both before and after we are saved. We can only become holy by walking with Christ every day and being close to him. (Romans 12:1; 2 Timothy 1:9; Philppians 2:5, 14, 16a). "Seek to live like Jesus" is the best thing to do. So, ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?" Then do it!
One thing is wrong: being holy doesn't mean trying to be like Jesus and do what He did. As the Holy Spirit lives in you and guides your thoughts, words, and actions, you become holy by sharing in the life and character of Jesus. When you give your life to Christ, you get His mind. The growth of your mind rests on how willingly you follow Christ's instructions and lead through the Bible and the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 1:16).

Third, He makes our hearts holy and full of His presence. God told us in Ezekiel 36:25–27 that He would clean us, give us a new heart made of flesh, and put His Spirit inside us. This leads to a life of submission (vs. 27). In John 14:16–20, Christ promised that the Holy Spirit would be another Comforter. He also said, "On that day you will know that I know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." (vs 20). Take note of the promise that Christ will be in us when the Holy Spirit comes.

Paul made this clearer in Ephesians 3:16–19: "That he would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God."

It's not the world around us that makes it hard to live a holy life; it's our own sinful nature and satan's constant temptations. Instead, the biggest problem we face today with being holy is that we don't accept who we are in Christ. We become new people when we accept Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). We are holy because Christ lives inside us. This makes us new people and gives us the power to start living a new life in Him. Being aware of who and what we are in Christ is very important. We belong to Him! We are holy! We have to learn how to live our new lives, which changes everything else.

God bless you in Jesus Mighty Name, amen.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, atke control of my life; and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil; I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus. In Jesus' Mighty Name I pray, amen."

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Reference
Dr. D.K. Olukoya: The Way of Holiness, 2023.

(1) (Reply)

Through The Door / Art Of The False Preacher #7 / Lateness To Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.