Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest (909 Views)

I Have Been Able To Quit 2 Out These 3 Dangerous Addictions / What Qualities Do You Look Out For Before Agreeing On A Date? / 9 Questions You Need To Ask Yourself Before Agreeing To Unprotected Sex - Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by AyemafugeILAJE: 11:28pm On Jul 09
I noticed if a Nigerian ever promised to send u cash, and you know quite alright that they have it and can send it, but many times they will rather delay delay until u have to remind them again and again ......and beg ..before they may finally send it.
I think it's more honourable to say you don't have. There's closure.
See I give people money...I'm a giver, and occasions when I desperately need little help, help seems to be so scarce, and because u find it difficult to ask as someone accustomed to giving,but when u ask, U are met with people who want to send but will rather delay and delay till they make all your honour and humanity vanish if you decide to beg and pester them...my God....Why do we do this...someone asking is already down, especially someone u know will hardly ask....Why delay when u actualllly have in mind to send....Why not say you don't have
For me, once u ask me money and I said I will give, or i say send ur acct, my heart will never rest for a minute till I send it...infact I usually feel good that i send it quickly and relieve them of pain. Most time if I will give, I usually don't like listening to long supplications, I just say okay, send ur acct, I can afford to give so so so..that's all
if it will take time, I usually give them time interval in case I'm not opportuned, and if unintented delay come, I will tell them and even apologize...So why is this a big deal among Nigerians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Obierika(m): 5:09am On Jul 10
Well I don't really ask for financial help so I wouldn't know

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Mistral(m): 5:39am On Jul 10
There could be several reasons for that, but a major one might be that they are very narrow-minded, narcissistic, or just plain selfish. They might also string you along because they don’t want to outright refuse you but are waiting until they have enough money. All in all, it's a shame. Honestly, it's best to avoid being broke altogether, as most people today seem to be walking bags of disappointment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Sonnobax15(m): 5:55am On Jul 10
grin
All na wash.....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by zed7: 6:23am On Jul 10
Most people want to feel like gods whenever the opportunity arises. That's why when someone has a little opportunity, maybe put in charge of something, you see a different nature from them.

The best thing a person can do for himself is to try and live within his means as much as possible. When you turn to a beggar -I mean, that's how people will see you- they treat you with disdain as if you're at their mercy.

May God help us to avoid being in a place of reliance on others. It's not funny at all.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by MackIV(m): 8:37am On Jul 10
Mistral:
There could be several reasons for that, but a major one might be that they are very narrow-minded, narcissistic or just plain selfish. They might also just tend to drag you along because they do not want to outrightly refuse you but to hold till they acquire some money due time. All in all, it is such a shame. Really it is best to just avoid being broke altogether as most people today are just walking
zed7 post=130880533:
Most people want to feel like gods whenever the opportunity arises. That's why when someone have a little opportunity, maybe put in charge of something, you see a different nature from them.

The best thing a person can do for himself is to try and live within his means as much as possible. When you turn to a beggar -I mean, that's how people will see you- they treat you with disdain as if you're at their mercy.

May God help us to avoid being in a place of reliance on others. It's not funny at all.
bag
Sonnobax15:
grin
All na wash.....

s of disappointment.

See them!!!

Talking about being entitled to people’s money!

Mtchewww!!! Why don’t you have it in the first place?

To the OP
Even if there’s surplus of the money.

1. It is their money, they have the right to give or not.

2. It’s not easy for person to debit him/herself to credit you. They’d have to inconvenience their self to let go of that cash.

3. In the case of borrowing/loan, you and I know that Nigerians don’t pay back, it’s either the money is gone, the friendship is gone or both. So they give the one they can afford to lose 😂😂

You can add more!

For instance: When Heritage bank collapsed, I was stranded to the last. I called on people that owe me, friends I could get loan from o not dash. Everybody didn’t seem to have.
I have a business colleague that won’t give you money, but goods on credit. I sold them goods, returned money and survived by myself. I haven’t gotten my money back from the bank, but I’m better off unlike the time it happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by edicied: 9:12am On Jul 10
MackIV:

2. It’s not easy for person to debit him/herself to credit you. They’d have to inconvenience their self to let go of that cash.

3. In the case of borrowing/loan, you and I know that Nigerians don’t pay back, it’s either the money is gone, the friendship is gone or both. So they give the one they can afford to lose 😂😂
Did you read what the Op wrote at all?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by AyemafugeILAJE: 9:20am On Jul 10
MackIV:

See them!!!

Talking about being entitled to people’s money!

Mtchewww!!! Why don’t you have it in the first place?

To the OP
Even if there’s surplus of the money.

You can add more!

For instance: When Heritage bank collapsed, I was stranded to the last. I called on people that owe me, friends I could get loan from o not dash. Everybody didn’t seem to have.
I have a business colleague that won’t give you money, but goods on credit. I sold them goods, returned money and survived by myself. I haven’t gotten my money back from the bank, but I’m better off unlike the time it happened.
You have a point, but the truth about myself is that I have never had entitlement in my life....only less than one year ago have I ever have reason to pester someone just to feed when it seemed my life was crashing....You see, I'm used to giving, and I have never ever exhibited this unnecessary attitude of delay when I tell people to send acct number...if I don't have i say im sorry, I don't have...or i say; im sorry, I don't have enough to spare...., simple! Why will I say alright, okay send ur number, I will send something and then keep delay delay delay.......Just tell me you don't have. Simple, I won't even feel offended cos for me, I will only regret my situation or mistakes instead of hating on people who don't give me....so this is my frame of reference...and that's why i don't understand this attitude

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by MackIV(m): 9:32am On Jul 10
edicied:

Did you read what the Op wrote at all?

Prof Chike obi, you that read. Drop your 2 cents
Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Epositive(m): 10:09am On Jul 10
I can resonate with your point. Most times, it stems from afterthought of other plans for the money. You're a just a mere disturbance, sorry.

If you're a constant giver, just work, pray and hope your "giver doesn't end up lacking" because I kid you not, you will hate yourself and almost regret your giving days. I'm speaking from experience.

Most people are used to receiving and won't reciprocate your kind gesture if they picture you as the 'bigger man'. Lol. Carry out an experiment; gently request an amount of money from those that constantly bill you and watch their feedbacks. Most of them will not chat you again. angry It's a win-win for you. 🙂

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Number1benue: 3:18pm On Jul 10
AyemafugeILAJE:

Sorry I don't have to spare....the small wey enter my hand today, I still dash one friend urgent 2k today...may God send u help...the hunger no be joke

Thanks Baba. No Wahala🙏🙏🙏….
Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Elegantspiker(m): 4:01pm On Jul 10
Number1benue:

Thanks Baba. No Wahala🙏🙏🙏….
Number1benue, isn't a paradox you are in this situation with your kind of moniker?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Number1benue: 3:23pm On Aug 11
Elegantspiker:
Number1benue, isn't a paradox you are in this situation with your kind of moniker?

Good evening and I hope this mentions meets you fine. I would have replied you earlier buh a mod gave me a one month ban that ended yesterday.

As for the paradox about my Monica I didn’t grow up in my place neither do I have the power or the freewill to effect any change at this stage of my life that I can end the food shortage or the food insecurity my country is currently facing.

Sapa still hold me ransom like this by the way sha sir
Re: Why Do Nigerians Delay To Send Cash After Agreeing And Able To Send It Soonest by Blaxie: 7:43pm On Aug 11
Anybody that promises to send you cash immediately after asking for your account number, and doesn’t do it instantly doesn’t want to give you the cash in the first place, just forget about it if you don’t get alert in the next 5min.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Please, Im Confused / Thanks but No Thanks. / He Is As,and She Is As,should They Marry Eachother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.