Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,587 members, 7,929,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 05:24 AM

Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South (4078 Views)

Eko Row: Benin People ‘Owned’ Lagos, Awori Paid Royalties To Them - Erelu Abiola / Benin People Found Lagos — Oba of Benin / Three Main Factors Stopping The Igbo Tribe From Getting The Presidential Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by freshkpomo(m): 10:50pm On Jul 10
DMerciful:
We have move on, that's why we're everywhere in Nigeria because we're Nigerians now.

However, some people want us to pay homage to them for staying in Nigeria. Not gonna happen!

Are your governors not getting their allocations? What about your senators? When python came to dance did Igbo are Igbo people not in the military? So who are those now wanting you to pay homage to them?
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by aswani(m): 11:07pm On Jul 10
DMerciful:
Igbos have no problems with Edo people, you just feel the need to join the gang up.

The Oba of Benin was part of the people that told Gowon not to honour the Aburi accord that led to the civil war.

If you guys gonna join the gang up against Igbos, why did you fight to bring Igbos back to Nigeria?

This is how you people twist things, he gave advice in his capacity as a Civil Servant and a member of the delegation of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He wasn't even the most senior delegate amongst the Civil servants that went. How do you know he didn't say Ndigbo should be allowed to leave and wasn't overruled.

We are of course talking about Ọba Erediawa, when he was in the Federal Civil Service and before he ascended to the throne, the father of the present Ọba (gha tọ kpere baba).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Thormentor: 11:08pm On Jul 10
freshkpomo:

Ogun go kill you for this word you talk, idiot. Do you people even know God? Stupid fool talking about God when all you do is abuse people online. If your stupid brothers and sisters did not pick in Benin continuously wetin for concern me and you, abi una get any benefit to me. This fool is mentioning God, why did you not mention God when your people where going on abusing my people or you blind and nor see wetin I post. Very bias people,yet always want to whip sentiment. A sensible person will know that the matter your people are abusing Benin over doesn't concern Benin make Ogun kill all of una when carry Benin matter matter for head.
You no ignore again grin grin

e pain am well well

no amount of slander will stop our progress

the earlier you realise this the better for you

One with God is majority wink

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by aswani(m): 11:09pm On Jul 10
freshkpomo:

But some tribes did not vote obi because he is Igbo, so who is the narrow mind?

Rubbish, people voted their choice because they believed he was more qualified than Peter Obi and not because of his tribe, stop being a professional victim.
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by igborilla: 11:13pm On Jul 10
Both benin and igbo can burn in hell.

1 Like

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by aswani(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10
DMerciful:
Supporting Obi is for your own good, you're not doing Obi nor Igbos a favor.

I'm Igbo but I'm not from SE so when you say 5 states, na you sabi.

Biafra left btw 1967-1970 but you guys forced us back into Nigeria with celebrations.

You have to now deal with us

Without the courtesy of a referendum, you forcefully drafted Eastern minorities with you despite Biafra being an Ndigbo republic in all but name.

Witness the joy and happiness of those minorities when the Nigerian Army liberated their towns. It's all on YouTube.

If Ikemba had only taken igbo speaking areas, and left the "oyeli" part of the eastern region alone, I bet you there would have been no civil war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Thormentor: 11:21pm On Jul 10
aswani:

Without the courtesy of a referendum, you forcefully drafted Eastern minorities with you despite Biafra being an Ndigbo republic in all but name.

Witness the joy and happiness of those minorities when the Nigerian Army liberated their towns. It's all on YouTube.

If Ikemba had only taken igbo speaking areas, and left the "oyeli" part of the eastern region alone, I bet you there would have been no civil war.

it's a lie

Federal forces were fighting Biafra because SE is Nigeria territory

Don't twist history

Every government will do same it has nothing to do with minority rubbish you people are cooking up

Igbo land including Anambra, Enugu, Abia Ebonyi imo are Nigeria territory and Must be purged pf Biafra REBELS

Nigeria faught Biafra to maintain Nigeria territorial integrity which includes SE

Anything you add to your Ibadan express gutter propaganda is just lies
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Makamatic: 11:22pm On Jul 10
See as owie Edo them they talk too much when we know say both azanomo and ibos é wa mé .. the only reason we vote Peter obi na because he be good leader . If naija break up I go miss opeyemi and tawa oo my youruba gf's them , what about chidiogo and sopuru my festac schlops
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by aswani(m): 11:28pm On Jul 10
Thormentor:

it's a lie

Federal forces were fighting Biafra because SE is Nigeria territory

Don't twist history

Every government will do same it has nothing to do with minority rubbish you people are cooking up

Igbo land including Anambra, Enugu, Abia Ebonyi imo are Nigeria territory and Must be purged pf Biafra REBELS

Nigeria faught Biafra to maintain Nigeria territorial integrity which includes SE

Anything you add to your Ibadan express gutter propaganda is just lies

You see your problem, you don't read to understand, you just read to lash out.

Where is the lie, did Biafra give Eastern Region minorities a referendum?

An opinion on what might have happened can't be a lie as it's not a factual claim that can be debunked or anything to do with twisting history, it's an opinion.

What has my post on here got to so with Ibadan anything?

You sure say you well so?

2 Likes

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Thormentor: 11:46pm On Jul 10
aswani:

You see your problem, you don't read to understand, you just read to lash out.

Where is the lie, did Biafra give Eastern Region minorities a referendum?

An opinion on what might have happened can't be a lie as it's not a factual claim that can be debunked or anything to do with twisting history, it's an opinion.

What has my post on here got to so with Ibadan anything?

You sure say you well so?

My point was ,

Nigeria didn't fight Biafra "rebels " because of they want to collect the " oil rich " areas no! they faught Biafra because as far as they're concerned they're just rebels who wants to control A portion of Nigeria territory which includes Igboland

Talking about minorities and referendum

Eastern region gave some eastern minorities freedom to join Cameroon it was through a referendum without a noise

Eastern region just like no Region will allow themselves to be a region where a breakaway country will come from which was what ijaws were after . and that's what patriotism is all about

Every single minority groups had people in Biafra rebel army 🪖 From ijaws , urhobos even to Yorubas all so they were well represented

let's not forget how quickly all these things happened

its not like Ojukwu had all the time in the world to meet anyone for negotiation

Things were escalating real fast

even Aguiyi Ironsi couldn't even carry out his unification decree before he was killed

Ojukwu met some of the minorities Infact the name "Biafra" was suggested by an Ijaw man which was the first name used to describe the bight of Bonny

Ijaws and other minorities chose what they thought was best for them

there's nothing personal about supporting the Nigerian force to punish those who didn't allow you to create your own country from thier Region

i personally am not offended by that.

Igbos are blamed for Unifying Nigeria (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Igbos are also hated for want to leave the Union grin
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Tflex01: 11:46pm On Jul 10
freshkpomo:

One of them is here already spreading hate towards Yoruba. Tomorrow it will be ijaw, next week it will be Fulani or Hausa and next month Benin or tsekiiri. Now take your 🏅, wear it proudly for unlocking hate and bitter soul level 100

Legendary 😆

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by aswani(m): 11:49pm On Jul 10
Thormentor:

My point was ,

Nigeria didn't fight Biafra "rebels " because of they want to collect the " oil rich " areas no! they faught Biafra because as far as they're concerned they're just rebels who wants to control A portion of Nigeria territory which includes Igboland

Talking about minorities and referendum

Eastern region gave some eastern minorities freedom to join Cameroon it was through a referendum without a noise

Eastern region just like no Region will allow themselves to be a region where a breakaway country will come from which was what ijaws were after . and that's what patriotism is all about

Every single minority groups had people in Biafra rebel army 🪖 From ijaws , urhobos even to Yorubas all so they were well represented

let's not forget how quickly all these things happened

its not like Ojukwu had all the time in the world to meet anyone for negotiation

Things were escalating real fast

even Aguiyi Ironsi couldn't even carry out his unification decree before he was killed

Ojukwu met some of the minorities Infact the name "Biafra" was suggested by an Ijaw man which was the first name used to describe the bight of Bonny

Ijaws and other minorities chose what they thought was best for them

there's nothing personal about supporting the Nigerian force to punish those who didn't allow you to create your own country from thier Region

i personally am not offended by that.

Igbos are blamed for Unifying Nigeria (Aguiyi Ironsi)

Igbos are also hated for want to leave the Union grin

Ọ ma!

I don't agree with aot of your assertions but I am mindful of derailing the thread.

My opinion differs to yours and that's OK.
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Thormentor: 11:57pm On Jul 10
aswani:

Ọ ma!

I don't agree with aot of your assertions but I am mindful of derailing the thread.

My opinion differs to yours and that's OK.

it's okay Chief. Gn

1 Like

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Abagworo(m): 1:25am On Jul 11
freshkpomo:

This is not the only Igbo page I have seen. There are thousands of them going around spreading hate and I used to assume maybe they were paid posters, but what about the thousands of hate filled comments on these posts. They all cannot be bots. Benin people are peace loving people, you come to our land and even abuse us just as you do in Lagos, call us lazy and all names but we still don't go about hating. Even after the Biafra war and what you did to our people, we still don't go about hating. Stop dragging our people.

Well that's an Ikwerre page.
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by DMerciful(m): 1:41am On Jul 11
Those parts has always been part of the eastern region before oil was discovered
aswani:

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by DMerciful(m): 1:43am On Jul 11
Some people if we stay in Lagos, we're not allowed to vote. We shouldn't do this, we shouldn't do that even though they're guaranteed under the constitution
freshkpomo:

Are your governors not getting their allocations? What about your senators? When python came to dance did Igbo are Igbo people not in the military? So who are those now wanting you to pay homage to them?
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Jamie248: 2:03am On Jul 11
Creamypie:
Igbo want phase out all southern tribes at all cost. No igboman recongnise smaller tribes in South. They keep saying we are igbos. Same way Fulani took much of North and parts of West.they are in forefront from east, championing break up of Delta. Such audacity. See see finish. Same way a visitor telling his hosts wife that he believes her husband can't sexually satisfy her.

Igbo man no dey gree, unless you worship him

Ask about, that's what led to the northern pogroms and the subsequent civil war...

Back then they dominated civil service, they dominated the officer cadre in the army, they dominated markets and trading nationwide; that's why what Nzeogwu did to the leaders up north, it became the last straw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:35am On Jul 11
freshkpomo:

I have spoken about the hate on Benin people multiple time, but instead of the moderator to find a solution, they go on to delete my post. I never really knew why a certain tribe sleep and wake up with hate. Firstly, if your hatred towards Benin is because of ikwerre then you should face those who said they are not your people and leave Benin out of it. Who knows if this hate is what they are trying to avoid? Benin is a minority tribe, why will anyone choose a minority over a majority? Don't this sound strange? Abeg my Igbo men and women, leave Benin alone as we have no interest in land grabbing or dragging other people's land. As a matter of fact, even Esan that speak similar language as us,we nor dey forcefully call them Benin and we live them to do their thing, not to talk of far away ikwerre.

Stop twisting history, stop attacking Benin people online because we don't care about your Biafra either, we are just minding our peace and we nor come una door come beg for food to chop. Everything must not be tribal conflict, some even had time to still rope Yoruba and Fulani in the topic, why so much hate?
Shey dem dey do the same thing to Yoruba, e dey funny to una that time. Y'all don't know how evil these guys are

2 Likes

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by aswani(m): 6:57am On Jul 11
DMerciful:
Those parts has always been part of the eastern region before oil was discovered

That does not give anyone the right to drag them into another country (or worse still, a war).

Their allegiance was to the Eastern Regional government in The Federal Republic of Nigeria, not to The Republic of Biafra.

Oil was discovered in 1956, a full 11 years before the attempted forceful secession. Biafra had eyes on that oil as did Nigeria too.

At the very least Non Ndigbo people's in the Easstern Region should have been promised and/or given a referendum. I suspect we alI know what the result would have been.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by freshkpomo(m): 7:06am On Jul 11
DMerciful:
Some people if we stay in Lagos, we're not allowed to vote. We shouldn't do this, we shouldn't do that even though they're guaranteed under the constitution

Is it because of the last election or it has been so since 1999 when democracy returned?
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by DMerciful(m): 7:22am On Jul 11
It started with Jimi Agbaje 2015 and peaked 2023 elections
freshkpomo:

Is it because of the last election or it has been so since 1999 when democracy returned?
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by DMerciful(m): 7:25am On Jul 11
The war wasnt just declared by Ojukwu. The constituents assembly authorized it
aswani:

That does not give anyone the right to drag them into another country (or worse still, a war).

Their allegiance was to the Eastern Regional government in The Federal Republic of Nigeria, not to The Republic of Biafra.

Oil was discovered in 1956, a full 11 years before the attempted forceful secession. Biafra had eyes on that oil as did Nigeria too.

At the very least Non Ndigbo people's in the Easstern Region should have been promised and/or given a referendum. I suspect we alI know what the result would have been.
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Shomek(m): 6:02pm On Jul 11
Gerhards:

Both of you just described Yoruba where you came from, Ewedu you can only deceive your fellow gullible, nothing good will ever come out of ewedu brains, fact grin
Why quote me ?
Your parents must be very stupid for them to gave birth to a foolish son like you
Re: Wetin Benin People Do This Tribe From The South by Shomek(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11
Makamatic:
See as owie Edo them they talk too much when we know say both azanomo and ibos é wa mé .. the only reason we vote Peter obi na because he be good leader . If naija break up I go miss opeyemi and tawa oo my youruba gf's them , what about chidiogo and sopuru my festac schlops
you're a nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Anambra Women End Up Being A Housewife Despite Their Education? / Southeast Governors Have Mortgaged Ndiigbo Future—max Gbanite / Boko Haram Leader's Speech: Translated To English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.