Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,018 members, 7,896,288 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) (40656 Views)

Mercedes Benz E Class Evolution, 1953 – Present In Pictures / Mercedes Benz Car Deals On Zoeweiautosng / The Mercedes Benz Biome. Best Car In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Theama(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10
Never really been a fan of Benz (vehicle front) design.

I guess that's their signature look.
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Evidenx(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10
Deelinks:
Omo, the matter get as e be
we need to wake up and take our destiny in our hands...

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Alexiiydon: 7:40pm On Jul 10
I no sure say that 1965 come Nigeria even till now I love it and I would like to have it as vintage

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by FitCorper: 7:41pm On Jul 10
The 1998 model that’s my ultimate dream car. Prof Rahaman really made me fall in love with that car. Not for kids

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by MrJames007: 7:41pm On Jul 10
iyke109:
I love V Boot
Thought V Boot belongs to the E class. Those pix there are S class Benz, I think.

3 Likes

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Pootle: 7:41pm On Jul 10
1972 to 1979 where the best
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Vulcan24(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10
Chop well before u buy this car

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Pacesetter123(m): 7:48pm On Jul 10
Among all of them,nah Mercedes 230 strong pass.
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Rechargeam247(f): 7:51pm On Jul 10
Very ugly looking.
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by CartelKenneth: 7:54pm On Jul 10
AfahaAbia:
I have driven all Benz models from 90s to date. Its better than Ferrari

Have you driven Ferrari?

3 Likes

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by CartelKenneth: 7:55pm On Jul 10
Alexiiydon:
I no sure say that 1965 come Nigeria even till now I love it and I would like to have it as vintage

Nigeria was still under the British that time na
Who go fit afford Benz then?

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by CartelKenneth: 7:56pm On Jul 10
Rechargeam247:
Very ugly looking.

Coming from someone that is probably still driving 1986 Corolla🤣🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by maxiuc(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10
Racoon:
The 1970s series really rocked my world. Concorde mehn!
i swear concorde is definitely a warrior

Missed that ride
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Anguldi(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10
NwaNimo1:
Its like they skipped the 80's....

V boot made perfect sense; Also the 'Baby Benz' aka 190e
They are talking of luxury cars, can't you see it's head of state/Presidents, creme de la creme that use those cars. S-Class bro

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Knightred(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10
Rechargeam247:
Very ugly looking.
so u saying u so uglyundecided
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Franking: 7:58pm On Jul 10
You should have specified. This is not E Class.
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Alexiiydon: 7:59pm On Jul 10
CartelKenneth:

Nigeria was still under the British that time na
Who go fit afford Benz then?
am talking about after at least they could have shipped it over
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Greatinanout: 8:01pm On Jul 10
I spot the 1965
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by RightChannel: 8:08pm On Jul 10
Yoruba people especially their herbalists and traditional chiefs are still using the old Benz for cruising

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by tnerro1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 10
I remember when I nearly drive my uncle concord inside swimming pool, chai, no God save me that day😁

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by MightySparrow: 8:14pm On Jul 10
Treasure17:
Average looking cars

Really?
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by MightySparrow: 8:17pm On Jul 10
What about Maybach series. Some are more costly than some Rolls Royce.
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by spiSeyi: 8:25pm On Jul 10
AfahaAbia:
I have driven all Benz models from 90s to date. Its better than Ferrari
Shey you don ride Ferari undecided
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Lithiumite: 8:26pm On Jul 10
NwaNimo1:
Its like they skipped the 80's....

V boot made perfect sense; Also the 'Baby Benz' aka 190e

It's the s class model you see there.....v- boot is e class and 190e is the c class model
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Lithiumite: 8:29pm On Jul 10
RoadMozart:
You see that 1993 model, na confirm iron them use.
Be Like Left over iron from the salvaged world war tanks put together to build that body.
E too strong

That was the poorest selling w series in a long time......intact it was the beginning of the decline for the high end s class mercedes models.....the e class does far better in sales
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Lithiumite: 8:30pm On Jul 10
iyke109:
I love V Boot

V boot is e class....the op only posted a class models
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by nedekid: 8:37pm On Jul 10
TTPAAR:
That 1993 is the beast n best of all.

My father still cruises his!
Mine got his streight from the factory. The 1979 one. MB 280 SEL.
Infact his was the second into naija. The first was shehu shagaris own. It was held at the port for a while, when allowed in, the amount of duty paid was crazy.
Many years later I used the car for few years before selling it off year 2000.
That your pops own was a solid one too. Called the beast. . I remember my paddy firing that car to 200kmph on our way from ibadan to Lagos to pick up his bro from the airport. Omo, at 200 it was as if we were driving at 80. Very very smooth. S500 it was ie v8. I also cruised on the v 12 s600. Real man moto.. grin
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Jangbajantis: 8:40pm On Jul 10
1979 cool cool
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by DeeScan: 8:47pm On Jul 10
bid4rich:
Some generation such as from 1997, 1998.... model of individuals will not relate

Hope I never shake table like this cheesy cheesy
omoh .. I no fit relate thru thru .
Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by nedekid: 8:50pm On Jul 10
Lithiumite:

It's the s class model you see there.....v- boot is e class and 190e is the c class model
That boot had wahala sha.
Brand new, picked up from Stuttgart, trailered to London. Picked up from the dealership, to go home, fan belt cut. Towed to nearest mechanic, ordinary belt could not be changed. Wahala.
When finally shipped and used in naija ie 1985, gearbox packed up at 50k km.
Finally passed down to my Egbon in the late 90s. The final story of that vboot was when he got home late after boozing, parked the car a street away as gate was locked. Next morning the car was totally vandalised. From steering to dashboard, brain box, mirror, engine parts etc. Omo, na malam him call come buy am. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Incredible Evolution Of The Mercedes Benz Car Series(photo) by Lithiumite: 9:04pm On Jul 10
nedekid:

That boot had wahala sha.
Brand new, picked up from Stuttgart, trailered to London. Picked up from the dealership, to go home, fan belt cut. Towed to nearest mechanic, ordinary belt could not be changed. Wahala.
When finally shipped and used in naija ie 1985, gearbox packed up at 50k km.
Finally passed down to my Egbon in the late 90s. The final story of that vboot was when he got home late after boozing, parked the car a street away as gate was locked. Next morning the car was totally vandalised. From steering to dashboard, brain box, mirror, engine parts etc. Omo, na malam him call come buy am. Lol

V boot was a classic that ruled Nigerian roads in the 90s......it was adored and it had the presence any where it was parked......your experience must have been quite peculiar

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / �(40 Free Carfax Premium Vin Reports)Sponsored / How To Bid For Cars On Nigerian Customs Service E-Auction Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.