Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,772 members, 7,889,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:24 PM

We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG (12406 Views)

Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement / We’ll Regulate Social Media Despite Criticism – FG / We’ll Regulate Social Media Despite Criticism – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by GanagiBitrus: 2:15pm On Jul 11
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Dshocker(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11
Mudafucking government, how on earth do you intend to do that?

I swear with my life that Nigerian government cannot regulate food price, because the department created to checkmate such policy will end up embezzling funds earmarked for it.

I hate Nigeria
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by onatisi(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11
Philipponzaghi:
Looks like FG is bringing some muchneeded balance to the import game, they're like the Iron Chef of government!
This food importation policy will be the final nail on Nigeria economy . It is then highest height of economic policy ineptitude. These people absolutely know nothing about economy,or governance.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Macphenson: 2:15pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
Tinubu really need to do something. Nigerians are really suffering

So uptill now u dont know Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigerians?

It will only get worse because he has no solution to the present challenges bedevilling the country.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by AcadaWriter2: 2:16pm On Jul 11
Nah maize we go chop no rice
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by autodevice(m): 2:16pm On Jul 11
The we shall, we will, we are going to, we are ready to govt.

I have long give up you you people.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Sapasenator: 2:16pm On Jul 11
A recipe for disaster. Allow market forces to determine equilibrium price. If too expensive, buyers should object and seek for cheaper alternatives.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by frog12: 2:18pm On Jul 11
this na reverse turn from feed your self buhari
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
Tinubu really need to do something. Nigerians are really suffering . Peter Obi will be happy things ain't going well

What a nonsense comment. If you don't really have something encouraging to say just shut your mouth

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by EreluRoz: 2:22pm On Jul 11
Funkyswagzz:

What a nonsense comment. If you don't really have something encouraging to say just shut your mouth
Don't let me tell you that you aremad because I'm avoiding fights these days
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Tareq1105: 2:25pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
Tinubu really need to do something. Nigerians are really suffering . Peter Obi will be happy things ain't going well

That's typical of him but I can tell you that things would pick very soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:25pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
Don't let me tell you that you aremad because I'm avoiding fights these days

Oh so you tired of fight and you are saying Peter obi should be happy things are going bad. Honestly I don't know which part of Yoruba you are from but most of you have shown how dark minded you really are.. I never knew you people are very dangerous people to be around. Whatever happens to you, you deserve it
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by kiddkash(m): 2:31pm On Jul 11
mrvitalis:
It seems APC took a book on developmental economics... Listed out everything a country needs to do to achieve development

Then decide to always do the direct opposite

You want to regulate price of imported goods? How exactly? You want to create another bottle neck that would bring more corruption

I once here analyzed how we can make 1 trillion a year by rice import by reducing the price n supporting local farmers too.. Now u want to just open boarders for rice?

I'm tired but let me use rice as an example

1) why can't Nigerian rice farmers compete with imported rice

a) we use primitive seeds to plant - rice farming has become so advanced thst seeds are developed to fit a locality

b) we plant rice rice in farms instead of rice fields, making multiple farm per cycle very very difficult

The above takes money a lot of money but that's where government comes in... We can get 1 trillion from rice import easily and use this money to support rice farmers to stand up

1) average price of rice imported is maximum of ₦35k rice is sold at ₦90k because it's smuggled in
2) allow rice import from our ports, all ports please... Slap a 50% import duty on it

Nigerian imports 3 million tons of rige average legal and smuggled

That should give us over 1 trillion per year in rice tax

3) use this money 30% goes to seedlings development companies as interest free loans
70% goes to rice farmerd coopratuves with 500 hectares to construct rice fields and dams

You would drop price of imported rice to 60k
Improve productivity of local rice making the cost of producing a back to go below 15k

Then allow market forces work
Where our leaders Looters haven't looted money that you expect them to work selflessly for the good of the people
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by EreluRoz: 2:31pm On Jul 11
Funkyswagzz:

Oh so you tired of fight and you are saying Peter obi should be happy things are going bad. Honestly I don't know which part of Yoruba you are from but most of you have shown how dark minded you really are.. I never knew you people are very dangerous people to be around. Whatever happens to you, you deserve it
You will be fine. Too chilled to be fighting
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by OmotolaDiego(f): 2:31pm On Jul 11
Ebimpawa ooooo Tinubu

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by jaxxy(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11
When people stop importing u will u know u shouldn't interfere with somethings.

Clueless government
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by spiSeyi: 2:39pm On Jul 11
If PBAT should succeed in reducing the price of food items by 50-60%, I can boldly tell you that opposition parties will have nothing to campaign against bcs that is the only thing they are capping on. And every political observant knew that PBAT has their joker and will checkout before the general market cool grin
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by JuanDeDios: 2:41pm On Jul 11
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/well-regulate-price-of-imported-foodstuffs-fg/
They've started again. No be only regulate price. You want to float naira but fix the price of rice. Dey play.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Jul 11
Ojuntana:
What happened to the strategic grain reserve that you're now importing food in the middle of the rainy season?
“The Federal Government will import 250,000 metric tons of wheat and 250,000 metric tons of maize. These semi-processed commodities will be supplied to small-scale processors and millers across the country.’’
Right here will end up being a scam. You want to control retail price but you will first hand over imported grains to local processors and millers who will now factor high cost of diesel and machines into the final price. Why are these people like these? Are these the best Nigeria can offer?
Strategic grain reserves have been depleted. You no dey watch TV? undecided
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Theoarhics: 2:42pm On Jul 11
Na only mumu dey support APC

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by guideman: 2:43pm On Jul 11
Food importation will never bring down food prices but will rather encourage massive corruption as it happened in the ministries of Humanitarian affairs and Women development. The economy needs to be stabilized with pragmatic socio-economic policies that will bring down inflation, reverse the spiraling exchange rate and bring down the high cost of petroleum products. The high rate of insecurity, banditry and terrorism need to be addressed. These are necessary conditions for a stable economy. Scores of farmers are killed on daily basis in their farms and government appears helpless. Security personnel are murdered and it's reported as if chickens and goats are the ones slaughtered.. I think it's high time someone turns in his resignation letter before it becomes too late.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by shankara7: 2:43pm On Jul 11
The government should be properly advised

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Jul 11
Beremx:
We will wait after three months to see the effect. Meanwhile, Tinubu should allow food pass through our borders. Nigerians are hungry.
Even if dem bring food, how many go fit afford am at this point? Na scarcity and affordability be the problem wey Nigerians dey deal with. undecided

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Jul 11
spiSeyi:
If PBAT should succeed in reducing the price of food items by 50-60%, I can boldly tell you that opposition parties will have nothing to campaign against bcs that is the only thing they are capping on. And every political observant knew that PBAT has their joker and will checkout before the general market cool grin
Reduce the price of food by using loans and maybe even your forex reserves? Una kain sense dey always flabberwhelm me. grin
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by spiSeyi: 2:49pm On Jul 11
Kobojunkie:
Reduce the price of food by using loans and maybe even your forex reserves? Una kain sense dey always flabberwhelm me. grin
Anything to kill hunger is welcome and what's the essence of huge foreign reserves while masses are dieing of hunger. Laslas foreign reserves are ment for the rainy days like this
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jul 11
spiSeyi:
■ Anything to kill hunger is welcome and what's the essence of huge foreign reserves while masses are dieing of hunger. Laslas foreign reserves are ment for the rainy days like this
Like I said, Una kain sense dey always flabberwhelm me. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:52pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
You will be fine. Too chilled to be fighting

Oh so e don choke you abi.. una never see anytin. No let's be patient mumu people
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Riskymarvelous(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
you mean your nightmare?
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by dododawa1: 3:04pm On Jul 11
We will

We will

We will

We will

Government
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Capernum: 3:10pm On Jul 11
I don't understand... Why are they juat talking about maize? Only maize? Are we chickens? What about rice and beans? What about yam and tomatoes?
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Ojuntana: 3:11pm On Jul 11
Kobojunkie:
Strategic grain reserves have been depleted. You no dey watch TV? undecided
Sadly so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria The Most Corrupt Nation In Africa? / Gunmen Attacked A Church In Biu, Borno / Justice James Omo-Agege Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.