Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,806 members, 7,889,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 04:54 PM

We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG (12418 Views)

Minister Of Works, Umahi, Compares The Price Of Imported & Local Cement / We’ll Regulate Social Media Despite Criticism – FG / We’ll Regulate Social Media Despite Criticism – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Hanndye: 3:17pm On Jul 11
sIfioksq:
Looks like the FG is finally putting their foot down on overpriced imported food. Anyone else think they're taking a page out of mom's book on regulating our snack budget?
The question is what are they going to do about fuel and power overprice? Parambulators they are running the economic helter sceter with inhuman and stupid policies.

I guess palliatives has not worked.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Ganjafama(m): 3:28pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
Tinubu really need to do something. Nigerians are really suffering . Peter Obi will be happy things ain't going well
I don't see any need for you to bring Obi into this.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Ganjafama(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11
Capernum:
I don't understand... Why are they juat talking about maize? Only maize? Are we chickens? What about rice and beans? What about yam and tomatoes?
They are not talking about rice, beans, tomatoes etc because they lack the ability to reason. Nigeria is on a wrongly programmed autopilot.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by lexy2014: 3:38pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
Tinubu really need to do something. Nigerians are really suffering . Peter Obi will be happy things ain't going well

who is making nigerians suffer?

what exactly is it that you want tinubu to do?

is obi's happiness the reason for nigerians suffering?
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Blazetrailer: 3:58pm On Jul 11
Honestly, it's appearing like Nigeria selected its worst idiots among the nation of 200m idiots, to be their leaders.
How can you regulate the prices of items you never raised capital to import?

The importers go to the banks to get loans at deregulated rates(30-40%)

.... buy a "deregulated" forex to import

....pay deregulated shipping fees

...pay a deregulated import duties

....pay deregulated in country transport fees(buoyed by a "deregulated" fuel price, according to a loudmouthed leader) to move the food items to the market...

...but then the prices they sell to the market must be "regulated" by the govt"

LOL!!! These people are confused...completely. Nigeria is in terrible hands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by omoredia: 4:12pm On Jul 11
he that willeth. mad people
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by highbee02: 4:24pm On Jul 11
Do we still import COWPEAS?
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by frlday2: 5:06pm On Jul 11
Government of
We will !
We will !!
We will !!!
And they never will
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by themanderon: 5:11pm On Jul 11
The. People that will be in charge of the imports will still corner it and sell at profit abi no be Nigeria again? Everyone is there for his or her own interest.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by sirchim(m): 5:27pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
You mean Just the way BULLHARI and THIEFNIBU Baban Baban BARAWOO, were happy, when things were going wrong in GEJ govt?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by specialmati(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
grin grin grin grin grin grin what of Atiku

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by IbeOkehie: 5:44pm On Jul 11
Price controls on food or agricultural produce has been a favorite Tinubu policy proposal for many years now. I've written about it many times on this forum.

Those who wish Nigeria well should tell this government NOT to do this. The result will be food scarcity everywhere. You've been warned.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by WeirdAlien: 5:56pm On Jul 11
After collecting customs duties calculated in dollars.
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by okoroemeka(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11
EreluRoz:
this is not a matter of Mr Peter obi,this administration took severa economic l decisions that are the direct cause of the current high price of food stuffs,I am a farmer and I know from reliable sources that northern farmers are selling majority of what they produce to other west African countries,WHY?because the currency of most of those countries now are more valuable than our own,does it make no sense to sell a bag of pepper #25k when you can sell it for #60-70k in Burkina Faso or mali,the economic policies that was rushed to implement supposed to be carefully studied with serious impact accesment considered,the government is now just doing damage control first aid and not focusing on the long run,it is funny if you carefully look at their plans you will agree that they are simply running around in circles,that same dollar they want to stabilize will still be used to import food,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Tayorshd87: 7:55pm On Jul 11
Bobloco:
We will....
We will....
We will....

Is what we keep hearing while the economy is in comatose

As in ehn all are future promise g impossible tenses
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Tayorshd87: 7:57pm On Jul 11
okoroemeka:
this is not a matter of Mr Peter obi,this administration took severa economic l decisions that are the direct cause of the current high price of food stuffs,I am a farmer and I know from reliable sources that northern farmers are selling majority of what they produce to other west African countries,WHY?because the currency of most of those countries now are more valuable than our own,does it make no sense to sell a bag of pepper #25k when you can sell it for #60-70k in Burkina Faso or mali,the economic policies that was rushed to implement supposed to be carefully studied with serious impact accesment considered,the government is now just doing damage control first aid and not focusing on the long run,it is funny if you carefully look at their plans you will agree that they are simply running around in circles,that same dollar they want to stabilize will still be used to import food,

You have said it all meaning the dollar will still rise and become higher again with the initiative of food importation again 🤔.

I love this man but this his trial and error policies has misplaced his administration
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Tayorshd87: 8:02pm On Jul 11
Blazetrailer:
Honestly, it's appearing like Nigeria selected its worst idiots among the nation of 200m idiots, to be their leaders.
How can you regulate the prices of items you never raised capital to import?

The importers go to the banks to get loans at a deregulated rates(30-40%)

....the importers buy a "deregulated" forex to import

....pay deregulated shipping fees

...pay a deregulated import duties

....pay deregulated in country transport fees(buoyed by a "deregulated" fuel price, according to a loudmouthed leader) to move the food items to the market...

...but then the prices they sell to the market must be "regulated" by the govt"

LOL!!! These people are confused...completely. Nigeria is in terrible hands

My brother I think u are just too smart for this .

How can u regulate what I bought with money and what I labourd for or rather what I only have my effort and funds to start 😢😭

We are lost in the hands of these leaders .

NIGERIA MAY TRULY BE BLESSED
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by loswhite(m): 3:17am On Jul 12
EreluRoz:
Nigeria citizens are just something else. What has Peter obi got to do with this? Buhari destroyed Nigeria and Tinubu campaigned to continue in his legacy and you voted for him… lol and now you are saying Peter obi is happy about your foolish choices…smh
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Teymanhenry(f): 6:56am On Jul 12
But it'll be easier and better to support local Farmers and control price of locally produced commodities nw. When will the masses feel the effect of this temporary policy?
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by Fearurcreeator: 10:12am On Jul 12
EreluRoz:
Then Obi is not a good person be that
Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by kasim155: 5:51pm On Jul 12
Bobloco:
We will....
We will....
We will....

Is what we keep hearing while the economy is in comatose

That is great difference between Nigeria and the US.

Nig. We will do this
US. We have done this (and you will see the evidence).

1 Like

Re: We’ll Regulate Price Of Imported Foodstuffs — FG by MomohMrMoore: 1:12pm On Jul 13
You cant regulate prices and at the same time preaching free-market economy. Thats contradictory. Try to increase local production. All your policies so far are killing local productions so prices will continue to go up. Any attempt to regulate price will worsen the situation. You can only regulate what you produce. You are jerking up prices of your products like fuel, electricity so others will go up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Member Arrested In Ex-rep’s House / IMO State Pensioners Protest In Owerri Today - Pictures / Maikanti Baru Emerges Chairman NGA Advisory Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.