Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,256 members, 7,936,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:39 AM

Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? (34604 Views)

You Will Fall In Love With Unripe Plantain Porridge After Using This Recipe! / If You Haven't Tried This Relish Indomie Then You Should Give It A Try Today / Indomie Relish Review: 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by dododawa1: 6:44pm On Jul 16
Inside Iife
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by freshvine(f): 6:45pm On Jul 16
Blueband margarine rival was planta
Omo rival was elephant detergent
Lux, joy soap and imperial leather
Bournvita, milo and ovaltine
Green sandy, multonic, maltina for malt
Parazona for bleach

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Benwallt(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16
That coin once removed my front tooth. I threw far up and I missed catching it, kohh! I had one of my incisors in my mouth with bleeding
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16
Normally3D:

The best breakfast for the season
Wetin naaa?

why bring dis pix out naa?

dem send u com?
angry
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 7:29pm On Jul 16
My book of bible stories lol... I no for forget

Last last everybody enter Street
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Thazard(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16
ClassicMan202:
Person wey steal that my Book of Bible stories for JSS 2,

Hope say you don become General Overseer now...

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Angelfrost(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16
Mariangeles:

And you don't purge? I think the combination is too much.

I bet you didn't think so then. cheesy

Probably what future generation will say about today.
In Nigeria, life is always hard, even when it wasn't so bad.

Dear Sister, I have lived across 3 generations, so I can say with all experience that life in the 80s and 90s were far sweeter and easier!

I honestly pity those born after year 2000!

Some haven't really enjoyed what we enjoyed in Naija back then!
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Mariangeles(f): 8:18pm On Jul 16
Angelfrost:

Dear Sister, I have lived across 3 generations, so I can say with all experience that life in the 80s and 90s were far sweeter and easier!

I honestly pity those born after year 2000!

Some haven't really enjoyed what we enjoyed in Naija back then!

Not according to what I heard. cheesy

Only that people of this present generation complain a whole lot.
Even when things were better, foods were cheap and in abundance.
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by billyG(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16
That was when beverages was beverages especially aromatic bongo with thick quality bread with fried eggs grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Winnin009: 9:27pm On Jul 16
Normally3D:

The best breakfast for the season

Omo, this moimoi na dead o. Wtf! I’m short of words! shocked shocked
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by rezzy: 9:42pm On Jul 16
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by imagrg(m): 9:55pm On Jul 16
I remember, 'Stellar Pomade'.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by armyofone(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16
sweetkev:
No more quality milk in this useless country called Nigeria. I remember this carnation milk in the 80s. Not the watery Peak milk and the rest that we have now. You can still find carnations milk in the UK.

I also remember a tea called Bongo. You can feel the aroma from 200km away. Not these less quality Lipton and top tea.

Those European countries producing quality items left Nigeria long ago and never looked back.

Dunlop left.
Micheline tyes left and many more
Unilever is shaking body already

It shall never be well with corrupt politicians and the military that brought this mess upon this nation.

Nigeria is cursed

I think it is only in Nigeria that carnation is missing. Carnation milk is plenty everywhere outside nig. Thick and with the usual taste. Maybe due to prices they left Nigeria.

Carnation is almost a dollar.

Great for steel cut or old fashioned oatmeal for longer throat people like me.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Lanretoye(m): 3:52am On Jul 17
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Omoh,these photos just brought back some fvcking memories cheesy

That blue band had a very Unique aroma then......The sugar cube was top-notch........
what is top notch about sugar?…mtcheew
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Konquest: 5:31am On Jul 17
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by zombieHUNTER: 7:07am On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
How can i relish what i do not know cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's why you support Tinubu

you know nothing
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:30am On Jul 17
Racoon:
And for the ladies especially my dear momma and sisters back then, Saturday night powder is a must-have hand bag acessory. I still remember with nostalgic feeling when the blue band margarine is one of the most relished item on the breakfast table. Those good old days wherein our parents provide us some bits of luxury without sweat or pain.

There are certain things, which you need not think about anymore in this country so that you won't go crazy! Why did they allow all of this to crumble on their watch in the first place? I always pity the present generation. Hummmn
I still love using St. Loius Cube-Sugar
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Loonyy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 17
Na that st Louis own dey pain me pass
1 or half cubes den u are good to go

Nowadays sugar Sef no come dey sweet again
5 cubes yet nothing come out
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by Padipadi: 10:44pm On Jul 17
ClassicMan202:
Person wey steal that my Book of Bible stories for JSS 2,

Hope say you don become General Overseer now...

😂

Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by richiemcgold: 7:12am On Jul 22
Victorious1000:
pls send

Sent.
Check your mail.
Have a good day.
Re: Do You Still Relish These Relics? Which One Are You Still In Love With? by meobizy(f): 12:10pm On Jul 29
Another millennial reminiscing about his childhood. Time don pass you by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Price Of A Bottle Of Heineken Is Too High In Nigeria. Protest Here !!. / How To Make Spicy Goat Meat Stew (video) / How Do You Slice Your Onion? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.