Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,019 members, 7,896,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:31 AM

Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win (50744 Views)

How Super Eagles Celebrated Their Win Against Sudan (Video) / AFCON 2022: Super Eagles Break Record After Their Win Over Sudan / Branislav Ivanovic Dropped And Broke Trophy, The Russian Cup After Their Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by wirinet(m): 10:58am On Jul 17
HAD3S:
This's not good at all. I don't like racist and would not talk down on someone for who they are.

Their worst mistake was dragging Nigerians into this. Nobody dares to drag Nigerians into a troll match and wins. I trust my country men, dem go don unleash hell on this Argentines by now.

God bless this Federal Republic of Nigeria.
They dragged Nigeria into it due to their ignorance. They were actually trolling Mbappe and by extension the French national team. They don't exactly know Mbappe parent's roots outside they are Africans. They know his father is black African and so choose the most popular black nation - Nigeria, and they have played against Nigeria numerous times at the World Cup. They seem to have no idea or have forgotten of Cameroon. Also they mistake Algeria with is actually the roots of Mbappe's mother for Angola.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Adakintroy: 10:59am On Jul 17
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

No it isn't. What's pride got to do with it? undecided

Why would a key source of 'pride' or 'dignity' be the absence of black players in their squad? What happened to tactics, technique, skill, organization, psychology etc?

Why would a country's national football team define itself by its anti-blackness, (for want of a better term)? Who does that?

^^^
Ok.

Unlike your earlier argument, this one is an argument I can get behind.

National teams don't need diversity it why we have clubs. The French team is too diverse to claim nationhood. Mostly from other place. Their celebration may be as a white superior nation we can still dominate sport with no outside help. My interpretation.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by motionarena: 11:02am On Jul 17
Ceejay8:
then Egypt, Morroco , Algeria and tunisia should be playing copa America right ?

No
In Arab cup

1 Like

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Chicagograduate(m): 11:07am On Jul 17
7upnigeria:

Theyre saying the truth. Human hate the TRUTH. Thats why some of you are happy in churches where they tell you lies and collect your money instead of churches where they tell you the truth and make you think about heaven.
So you are happy being mocked by another race?

2 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Chicagograduate(m): 11:08am On Jul 17
kenex4ever:
penaldo fan calm down
Let's leave fan for now They are mocking africans

2 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by wirinet(m): 11:10am On Jul 17
Adakintroy:

National teams don't need diversity it why we have clubs. The French team is too diverse to claim nationhood. Mostly from other place. Their celebration may be as a white superior nation we can still dominate sport with no outside help. My interpretation.

A nation is not necessarily a geographical expression. Online Oxford dictionary defines a nation as "a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory."

Nation represent people and not location.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Hectore(m): 11:15am On Jul 17
Neimarjr:

You go cry tire
Nonsense black mentality grin

Slave you are, slave you'll remained.

3 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by mbos: 11:19am On Jul 17
na Britain wey like you abi

people that come to you pretending that they love, but instead are interested in enslaving u like britian and France are not like spainard and pretending that they love u yet manipulating your economy eternally

samwash:
Long time ago, after I read documened history books of how Argentina wipe out all black slaves from their land after slave trade was abolished.
Their plan was to wipe out the black race, I hated that country, na of recent I begin like the country small small,
Many pple don kwn that Argentinian Don't like blacks
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by goody234: 11:20am On Jul 17
Beverlyjean:
Argentines are hardcore racists... the only country in the whole of south america that dont have a single black player ... infact in the whole of the Americas , but north and south .... No black player could command a shirt in barca when Messi was captain... infact he made sure Eric abidal ,( first black sporting director of football for barca )was sacked , after Messi disrespected him in the media ... all the fools celebrating Argentina because of their love for messi... pls try to step foot in Buenos Aires and u will think that u are indeed an animal ... Argentina is the worst country on earth when it comes to racism and Antisemitism.... they were the only country that gave the Nazis asylum after WW2 and there are speculations that Hitler never committed suicide ...he was smuggled to Argentina were he died a natural death , alongside his top generals ... most people don't know history

Tell them Argentina had a programme in the 1930s to whiten their population as there were black people in that country from slavery ..they were bringing white people from all over europe to change the demographics of the country "to lighten it up they said"

Rancid racist place

3 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Neimarjr: 11:20am On Jul 17
Hectore:

Slave you are, slave you'll remained.

Kpele o
No go worry about your demented life.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by kenex4ever(m): 11:28am On Jul 17
Chicagograduate:
Let's leave fan for now They are mocking africans
I am not happy with them but the way he was attacking someone that was not in the scene and probably receiving treatment.

1 Like

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Adakintroy: 11:42am On Jul 17
wirinet:

A nation is not necessarily a geographical expression. Online Oxford dictionary defines a nation as "a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory."

Nation represent people and not location.

So were is the similarity in descent ( race) history or culture. The only United front there is one territory. Which is forced relocation. Never came about from origin.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by spartachico(m): 11:47am On Jul 17
Fifa should strip them off the title and give it to their opponent, to teach them a lesson
ALOBAM:
Singing racist chants like that is just not acceptable, especially in today's world where diversity and respect should be celebrated.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by wirinet(m): 11:54am On Jul 17
Adakintroy:

So were is the similarity in descent ( race) history or culture. The only United front there is one territory. Which is forced relocation. Never came about from origin.
Similarity in descent (race), history or culture depends on how far back you wish to go. If you go back 200,000 years, then we all have the same mother - mitochondrial Eve that lived in South Africa - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by SIRTee15: 11:55am On Jul 17
Adakintroy:

Everything. It's a white and black thing and it's a pride dignity thing. They have no black in their square yet they won the world cup and the cops. It a pride thing. At a time the whole world has mic themselves up in desperation. Let the black man for once learn to stand alone. Imagine if all blacks in Europe come back hope with knowledge and expertise. There isn't enough bad leaders to keep that wave of improvement down.

I don't understand, who told U a black player is needed to win a tournament.
Many teams won the world cup without a single black player.
What U need to win a tournament are good players.

Guy, stop setting yourself up against arguments that never existed.
Nobody ever said U need a black player to win the world cup.

If Argentines are happy they won the cup without a black player, they are the ones suffering from superiority racist complex.

1 Like

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Adakintroy: 12:11pm On Jul 17
wirinet:

Similarity in descent (race), history or culture depends on how far back you wish to go. If you go back 200,000 years, then we all have the same mother - mitochondrial Eve that lived in South Africa - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

So you don't think the white man who thought you this knows this before he start oppressing and blacks as practising racist?
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Adakintroy: 12:23pm On Jul 17
SIRTee15:

I don't understand, who told U a black player is needed to win a tournament.
Many teams won the world cup without a single black player.
What U need to win a tournament are good players.

Guy, stop setting yourself up against arguments that never existed.
Nobody ever said U need a black player to win the world cup.

If Argentines are happy they won the cup without a black player, they are the ones suffering from superiority racist complex.

How long have you been alive is the big question. You don't know all the contact combative/aggressive sport are mostly dominated by black. American football, basket basket ball, boxing, sprints, long and short distance. Mike Tyson, LeBron James, koby, Usain bolt, adesanya, Lenox Lewis. Mohamed Ali. Carl Lewis Ben Johnson and in football Pele.

agility, strength speed, reflex stamina are mostly plays well to the black man. That's not to say the white are not strong. But comparatively the blacks in this regards take. Intelligence may go to the white but cride strength for me is black
.it's why the French team uprising coinside with fusion of more black in the national team. I guess what the argentines are parading, is as white you can pull this off neatly without them. My best interpretation.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by whirlwind7(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17
Beverlyjean:
Argentines are hardcore racists... the only country in the whole of south america that dont have a single black player ... infact in the whole of the Americas , but north and south .... No black player could command a shirt in barca when Messi was captain... infact he made sure Eric abidal ,( first black sporting director of football for barca )was sacked , after Messi disrespected him in the media ... all the fools celebrating Argentina because of their love for messi... pls try to step foot in Buenos Aires and u will think that u are indeed an animal ... Argentina is the worst country on earth when it comes to racism and Antisemitism.... they were the only country that gave the Nazis asylum after WW2 and there are speculations that Hitler never committed suicide ...he was smuggled to Argentina were he died a natural death , alongside his top generals ... most people don't know history

I was about to make exact same comment.

The Argentinians killed off every single black slave imported to their country during that era.
The ones who made it are those who were in neighboring countries.
Yes, they are still Nazi sympathizers till this day.
Dark skinned people from their neighbors in Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia etc, avoid visiting Argentina.

3 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by SIRTee15: 1:07pm On Jul 17
Adakintroy:

How long have you been alive is the big question. You don't know all the contact combative/aggressive sport are mostly dominated by black. American football, basket basket ball, boxing, sprints, long and short distance. Mike Tyson, LeBron James, koby, Usain bolt, adesanya, Lenox Lewis. Mohamed Ali. Carl Lewis Ben Johnson and in football Pele.

agility, strength speed, reflex stamina are mostly plays well to the black man. That's not to say the white are not strong. But comparatively the blacks in this regards take. Intelligence may go to the white but cride strength for me is black
.it's why the French team uprising coinside with fusion of more black in the national team. I guess what the argentines are parading, is as white you can pull this off neatly without them. My best interpretation.

Their neighbours Brazil had fusion of both great black and white players who brought glory for the team.
So if that's argentine argument, it makes no sense.
They are just being racist

Not all sports are dominated by blacks. Swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, hockey, tennis, even combats sports like wrestling, karate, weight lifting, taekwondo, judo have poor black representations.

U need to research more into sports my guy.

3 Likes

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Adakintroy: 1:12pm On Jul 17
SIRTee15:

Their neighbours Brazil had fusion of both great black and white players who brought glory for the team.
So if that's argentine argument, it makes no sense.
They are just being racist

Not all sports are dominated by blacks. Swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, hockey, tennis, even combats sports like wrestling, karate, weight lifting, taekwondo, judo have poor black representations.

U need to research more into sports my guy.

It makes sense did you see any black man in argentina squad? Or can you lend me one black argentina player in history. No one called Brasil into the discuss. We are talking Argentina here.

And I never said sports in general are dominated by blacks I said most sport.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by 7upnigeria: 1:27pm On Jul 17
Chicagograduate:
So you are happy being mocked by another race?

How did they mock the race? Everyone knows the story of many of those footballers. Even Mbappe would have been playing for Cameroon because his father is originally from there.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by DeeScan: 1:30pm On Jul 17
medropoly:
But they are actually right Most French players are Africans.
when France won the 2018 world cup, it was only about 3 or 4 players that are actually origin from france.
The rest where Africans.
If only those AFricans representing france played for their country of origin, Then AFrica would have gone far in the Footballing world
maybe .. the irony of this is if those players had been in Africa, there is 97% chance they might not have become a footballer..

To me I'd say they owe it to France to play for France since that's the country that made them...
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by DeeScan: 1:35pm On Jul 17
LZAA:

Not a Messi Stan but this is bs
Abidal played with Messi at the early part of his(messi) career and the end of his own career
alves,eto,toure Sanchez,Adriano,Thiago,rafinha were all black teammates of messi
Veron is black and played for Argentina
Is that song wrong?yes it's very wrong but don't twist facts
FYI messi also did an advert with two black men I don't know if you've ever heard of them
One is a certain Martin Lawrence,the other is one will Smith
No racist will do that
who is veron??
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Jeffy1206(m): 1:48pm On Jul 17
TTPAAR:

Because you are sick upstairs! Go see a psychiatrist!
coming from a demented and retarded fellow!
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by DeeScan: 2:07pm On Jul 17
internationalman:

Juan Sebastian Veron was black.. Moreover Argentina is not the only country that don't have black in their national team. Most European teams don't have black too. Not to mention China, Korea and the rest..

Even though I'm not in support of what they did, but you people are only overstressing it because of your individual hatred towards Messi
Japanese have black players playing in their league .. in short, Japan second nt keeper is half Nigerian half Japanese
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by LZAA: 2:18pm On Jul 17
DeeScan:
who is veron??
Juan Seba veron
Played for amongst other clubs man u,Chelsea,Lazio,inter Milan
His father also played for Argentina
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by LZAA: 2:21pm On Jul 17
JimD:

Veron is Caucasian, not black. I also don't think Messi is racist. But Argentina as a whole has been known and confirmed to be racist for centuries. His team mates display racism constantly. But the fact that Messi won't say anything about it also makes him culpable. That's something Ronaldo won't take.
Wait what!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Veron is black
As black as you and I just with a lighter shade of melanin
Again every one knows Argentina has a bad rep with racism
Less however is how very little people know that countries like Peru,Uruguay and Chile are far worse
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by JimD(m): 2:31pm On Jul 17
LZAA:

Wait what!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Veron is black
As black as you and I just with a lighter shade of melanin
Again every one knows Argentina has a bad rep with racism
Less however is how very little people know that countries like Peru,Uruguay and Chile are far worse

Check the names of his mother and father and then check their pictures and don't argue blindly
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by SIRTee15: 2:33pm On Jul 17
Adakintroy:

It makes sense did you see any black man in argentina squad? Or can you lend me one black argentina player in history. No one called Brasil into the discuss. We are talking Argentina here.

And I never said sports in general are dominated by blacks I said most sport.

Guy it makes no sense because nobody ever said U need blacks to win trophy.
Guy why are U holding into strawman argument.

I repeat, nobody except your delusional self and racist Argentine players think U need black players to win trophy.

U need good players to win trophies simple

No blacks don't dominate sports. That's a lie.
Apart from football, track and field and boxing. Blacks are not well represented in other sports.
Overall, black presence in sports in general is very poor.

Black dominating sports is a myth.

1 Like

Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by Fujiyama: 3:25pm On Jul 17
Adakintroy:
National teams don't need diversity it why we have clubs. Their celebration may be as a white superior nation we can still dominate sport with no outside help. My interpretation.

^^^
A few posters here have said a few things about diversity and inclusiveness but I haven't. I'll repeat my key point: This matter is controversial because these footballers made it so. They could simply have said Argentina are champions because they are good footballers (which they are!) but as you say, they chose to define their championship strictly on the basis of exclusion of African bloodlines. Again I ask: who does that? Why is anyone surprised at the backlash, especially since Argentina's history with Africans is a history of oppression and bloodshed? undecided

Adakintroy:
The French team is too diverse to claim nationhood. Mostly from other place.

^^^
But this is a separate argument (a very different argument from that being made by these players) and I'm not sure you can argue it successfully, given the progress some countries have made with assimilation of immigrants.

Note the focus by the players on black Africans. This is not an accident.
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by LZAA: 3:41pm On Jul 17
JimD:

Check the names of his mother and father and then check their pictures and don't argue blindly
Veron?
Yes he is black
As black as trezeguet who played for France whose father is Jorge trezeguet
Again you don't have to be as black as wande coal before you are labeled as black
Hope you no follow dey call brown people oyibo oπŸ˜„(just kidding)
Re: Argentina National Team Under Fire For Singing Racist Songs After Their Win by ekitimanalways(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17
Whynow:
Brazil is very different and better. They are more integrated than Argentina.

You’re right about Brazil. Despite contemporary social norms that vilify overt expressions of racism, the collective white Argentines in Argentina still embrace overt racism towards the black community in Argentina.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Stars Who Chose Not To Play For The Super Eagles / Why I Returned To Kano Pillars – Ahmed Musa / Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.