Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,323 members, 7,967,819 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:39 AM

Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect (852 Views)

Different Varieties Of Noodles Prepared By Me. / Picture Story Of Bush Meat Prepared By Me. / New Year Soup Prepared By Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by dumahi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17
Some Igbo parents in Lagos and Enugu do not let their kids speak Igbo. But see this Igbo boy born, bread, and buttered in China by a Chinese mother, enjoying Igbo local food cooked by his Chinese mother. He speaks, not even in Central Igbo, but his Igbo dialect.

Although he missed some words, replacing them with English, his intonation is sound. Other Igbo parents need to learn a lesson from here...
https://youtube.com/shorts/ANmy99I3z6I?si=iZdXx18cMFt5qAlX

Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by FaceTanke: 4:54pm On Jul 17
Nice one
Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by CyrusVI(m): 4:54pm On Jul 17
cheesy cheesy

How do people eat this thing?

I was offered a gift to consume a small bowl of Ukwa here in Akwa sometimes in 2021(During ArchBishop of Akwa Anglican diocese, Alex Ibezim visit to one St.Mary's church back then)

I used to believe i could eat every edible thing on earth until i tried that. I couldnt take more than two spoons (didnt get the gift either)

Una dey chop anything. With all due respect to your culture and tradition, that shii looks like shiii

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by dumahi(m): 5:01pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
cheesy cheesy

I was offered a gift to consume a small bowl of Ukwa here in Akwa sometimes in 2021(During ArchBishop of Akwa Anglican diocese, Alex Ibezim visit to one St.Mary's church back then)

I used to believe i could eat every edible thing on earth until i tried that. I couldnt take more than two spoons (didnt get the gift either)

Una dey chop anything. With all due respect to your culture and tradition, that shii looks like shiii
See how you are sweating πŸ˜…πŸ’¦

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by Bulldozer90: 5:04pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
cheesy cheesy

it depends on mindset. If someone is used to eating slimy green stuffs prepared with unhygienic kitchen broom, it'll take a while for the person's brain to adjust and appreciate delicious meals.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by sIfioksq: 5:29pm On Jul 17
That's wonderful to see the bonding of two different cultures.
Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by dumahi(m): 5:56pm On Jul 17
Bulldozer90:
it depends on mindset. If someone is used to eating slimy greens stuffs prepared with unhygienic kitchen broom, it'll take a will for the person's brain to adjust and appreciate delicious meals.
Haha! Looks like this is trueπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
I noticed that my two older kids stopped carrying lunch box to school on Fridays, when I asked them why, they told me that it wasn't necessary since they dismiss by 12 noon and I believed them.

One day I was relaxing on the couch when my second daughter came to me and started a conversation.

Second daughter: Mummy, please change the food you use to pack in our lunch box, I don't like it.

Me: What is wrong with the food?

Second daughter: Nothing is wrong with it, it's just that it's village food😲

Me: What is wrong with village food? Don't you like it?

Second daughter: I'm the only one that brings village food to school in our class and anytime I bring out my lunch box, everybody will start laughing at me 😲😲😲

I started thinking for a smart idea πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Me: Last academic session in your school, who took the first position in your class?

Second daughter: Me

Me: Last two academic sessions, who took first position in your class?

Me: This academic session, who will take first position in your class?

Me: How sure are you that you will take first position this session, what is someone else takes the position?

Second daughter: I'm very sure that I will take the first position, I'm the one who answers all the questions in class, my classmates don't usually know the answer 😲

Me: Why don't your classmates know the answer? Is it not the same teacher, same class, same books and same head that all of you have? Why do you always know the answer?

Daughter: Thought for a while πŸ€” and said, I don't know what their problem is, they are always reading their book, they don't play like me, yet they still won't know the answer when teacher asks question🀷

Me: Let me tell you the reason. They eat English food and you eat correct Igbo food. Their English food only deposit fat under their skin making them plumpy and fresh but doesn't add any nutrient to their brain. The Igbo food you eat doesn't deposit fat under your skin, that's why you're not plumpy like them, it sends all the nutrients to your brain, that's why you're always taking the first position.

Daughter: Wow! Now I know!

My first daughter who was listening to the conversation started laughing 😲

First daughter: Mummy! Mummy! Chai 😁😁

Me: Do you think I'm joking? Don't you come first in your class too? So you think that I don't know what I'm doing by giving you correct Nsukka delicacies?🀷

First daughter: Are you really serious?

Me: Yes naw, it's because your brain is well nourished. God created every brain to be intelligent, you're the one who will nourish your brain with real food, not oyibo foods.

They both kept quiet 🀐

Me: When you go to school tomorrow, bring out your lunch box boldly, if they start laughing at you, laugh harder and louder. Tell them that it's those English food they are eating that is making them not to understand anything in class. Laugh very well, use that same style they use when bullying you 😏πŸ₯΄πŸ˜

They both agreed that my plan is perfect 😁😁

Sense won't k!ll me ni 😏😁😁😁

It's been long and I haven't heard any complain or anyone rejecting lunch box.

Any food I cook, except swallow, that's what you're carrying to school straight 🀷

Whether it's Okpa, echicha, Igbangwu (Itipe), Otipi, Ayaraya ji, Egwusi stew, etc. 🀷

The taste increases when I sit on the floor and eat with my handsπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Nsukka people get food jare πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Make una clap for our Ancestors jooo πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Their level of nutritional intelligence is pro maxπŸ‘

#food #foodie #foodlover

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/2a7wP8v6K396yFhY/?mibextid=oFDknk

Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by Rahkman: 6:02pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
cheesy cheesy

Nobody offered you anything and you are not in awka delusional yoruba man
Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by agadez007(m): 6:13pm On Jul 17
CyrusVI:
cheesy cheesy

coming from a tribe that cooks stew and baby poo and call it food
Rich

Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by Mrexcell(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17
Tokins and family I follow them on fb the dad really did a great job on his kids their dialect is from umunze in anambra state when I first heard it I thought they are imo state.
Re: Igbo Boy In China Eats Ukwa Prepared By His Chinese Mother, Speaks His Dialect by IkeIgboNiile(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17
[quote author=CyrusVI post=131006589] cheesy cheesy

Point of correction. It's awka or Oka not whatever you wrote there.
Secondly, not everyone enjoys ukwa. I don't eat it and i have only tasted it twice in 2010 and 2012.

But it still beats this

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Weight Gain: Solution / Which Is The Best Cereal / Food Science & Tech,help Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.