Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,210 members, 7,963,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. (1128 Views)

Rare Historical Photos That Will Make You Appreciate Life And Moments / How Any Freelancer Can Land His/her Dream Client In Less Than 30days. / Graphic Photo Of Corpse Of CRUTECH Student Who Lost His Life During Pool Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by Overseer0(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17
Victor Okafor is a name that many people will not remember during the initial hearing. In fact, some people may not even think there is anything special about the name. But once the name Ezego is added, past generations not only begin to remember, but to reminisce. Ezego was one of the few influential and wealthy men of his time.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
What’s more, he is relatively the youngest person to have so much money, popularity, wealth and reputation in the business world. In his time he was often called by several names. Victor Okafor is an indigene of Uzoakwa, Ihiala State, Anambra State.
He was born on December 25, 1964 and his story is a typical example of going from base to elegance. He received his primary education at Uzoakwa Primary School but was forced to abandon his studies….
He received his secondary education at Abbott Boys’ High School, Ihiala, and eventually went into business. His childhood was very traumatic and his father disowned him when he was arrested for being part of a gang of thieves which showed traders of Onitsha hell on earth.
To escape arrest for his criminal activities, he fled to the village of Umumeni. From here he traveled to his mother’s village, Umudulu. However, things are difficult in Umudulu. So, in 1989, he decided to move to Lagos where… he joined a mentor.
Now, this is where things got dark. After spending a lot of time in Lagos, not much seemed to have happened . Then, suddenly, boom!!! The name Ezego began to spread like wildfire. As it appears, he’s already a multimillionaire and a very prominent person. It was said that he performed the Ọgu ego (money ritual) that allowed him to accumulate so much wealth.
In Lagos, he built Ezego Mall on Allen Avenue (which also had a branch in Abuja) and Ezego Plaza on Murtala Muhammed International Airport Road. From there, he operates and controls one of the largest electronics stores in Nigeria.
His other companies include Vic-Winners International Limited, Ezego Nigeria Limited, Ezego Holdings Limited, Vitex Zinc Co. Limited and Ezego Properties Limited. Due to the wealth he strangely found, Ezego was able to build several houses, villas and mansions across the country.
In fact, one of the houses is made of glass. In 1999, Ezego owned property outside Ihiala worth about N5 billion. His villa in Ihiala is very large, worth N500 million, and the marble used for the walls is imported from Italy. That’s not all, Victor has one of the largest private garages in Africa. He is a car enthusiast.
Therefore, He always buys the latest vehicles and stores them in his garages in Ihiala and Lagos. At one point, his garage alone was worth almost a billion naira. He once spent 14 million naira on just two luxury cars: a Lincoln Continental Mark 8 sedan and a Mercedes Benz R230 convertible from Moontrends.
In fact, at the time of his death, he left behind several high-end cars, 70 houses in Nigeria and abroad, and bank accounts worth billions of naira. He was married to the fair-complexioned and beautiful Laurita Nkechi, a princess of Akata in Imo State, and they had eight children.
Furthermore, he had children with other women besides his wife Nkechi. After Ezego’s death, a huge controversy broke out among his family. Although Ezego’s life was mysterious and controversial, his death was even more so.
The rich man passed away on December 25, 1999, at the age of 34. Keeping with his usual tradition, he prepared to travel to his hometown of Ihiala, where he would bless many people with his generosity and impress them with his wealth. It was gathered that before returning home, Ezego visited Afrikan Shrine where he met Femi Kuti to ensure everything will go well.
The party was scheduled to start on Christmas Eve and last until Boxing Day (26th), so Ezego decided to leave Lagos on December 23rd. But little did he know that all his efforts were in vain. He was unconsciously planning his own funeral.
But What Exactly Happened?

Ezego usually flies from Lagos to Enugu and then travels to Ihiala in a convoy. However, the number of people killed in plane crashes during this period reportedly changed his mind. For the tycoon, the results were disastrous.

Read more on
Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by Anguldi(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17
He was into advance fee fraud and gun running
Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by OgaTheTop2: 12:15am On Jul 18
Anguldi:
He was into advance fee fraud and gun running
I heard he was a ritualist. He died of a minor cut as a result of rituals.
Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by Anguldi(m): 12:28am On Jul 18
OgaTheTop2:
I heard he was a ritualist. He died of a minor cut as a result of rituals.
It was car accident, how can you tow a car without driver inside

I knew when he died. I know his story quite well

1 Like

Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by OgaTheTop2: 1:34am On Jul 18
Anguldi:

It was car accident, how can you tow a car without driver inside

I knew when he died. I know his story quite well
You mean, he died while towing a car that had no driver inside it? Strange.
Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by Samfloxin(m): 10:10am On Jul 18
OgaTheTop2:
You mean, he died while towing a car that had no driver inside it? Strange.
You are right. He is actually from my community and I was already a youth when it happened. The car broke down on their way home and he towed it. The rest is history. The truth is that his time had come for him to go and something must be used to send him home

1 Like

Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by OgaTheTop2: 8:56pm On Jul 18
Samfloxin:

You are right. He is actually from my community and I was already a youth when it happened. The car broke down on their way home and he towed it. The rest is history. The truth is that his time had come for him to go and something must be used to send him home
So sad.
Re: The Story Of “EZE EGO” In Igbo Land His Life And Cause Of Death. by Cesarr1: 12:53pm On Jul 19
The money y wey the guy get that time
Some people no go still smell the money even after 2050

(1) (Reply)

Covenant Admission / Why Unilorin List Is For The Abduls / Unizik Admission 2009/10 Status Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.