Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,564 members, 7,929,805 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:43 PM

Protest: Let Igbos Breath - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest: Let Igbos Breath (860 Views)

Protest: Let My Father Rule For 3 Years Before You Complain ( Pic ) / I Thank Asari Dokubo For Urging FG To Let Igbos Go / Let Igbos Go To Kano Seek Advice On How To Overcome Victimisation - Aisha Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:12am On Jul 20
aswani:

No one is saying Ndigbo are planning for protest and wanting to stop them.

All people are saying is let's make this a true Nationwide protest, if you are from Iragbiji, go to your state capital and protest for example.

Let Lagosians only protest in Lagos because they know and apprethe facilities on ground and wouldn't needlessly destroy them like interlopers from "over there yonder" did last time.

Chikena

Yorubas are pushing a narrative that Igbos are planning a protest to sabotage the president's effort to build the economy and destroy properties in Lagos just because Peter obi lost election. This sort of mindset is insane. Go on twitter, tik tok even here on nairaland it's littered all over social media. When election comes you say Igbos are the problem. This kind of mindset is not good for anybody... Protest have not started and Igbos are blameed for it not only you guys but the clerics in the north.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 9:19am On Jul 20
Funkyswagzz:

Yorubas are pushing a narrative that Igbos are planning a protest to sabotage the president's effort to build the economy and destroy properties in Lagos just because Peter obi lost election. This sort of mindset is insane. Go on twitter, tik tok even here on nairaland it's littered all over social media. When election comes you say Igbos are the problem. This is mindset is not good for anybody... Protest have not started and Igbos are blameed for it not only you guys but the clerics in the north.

If Ndi Yoruba are pushing that (false) narrative, there is a precedent whose repetition they are trying to avoid

Radio Biafra were winding people up to go and destroy Lagos and idiots like Chinasa burnt a fleet of BRT buses. Do you expect people to wait till lightning strikes twice before they voice out their concerns.

By the way, Ndi Lagos of all tribes want the protests to be peaceful in Lagos, not just Ndi Yoruba.

When the protests get out of hand and looting starts no one checks the tribe of the shop owner. When people have to spend longer in BRT queues or with alternative modes of transport to get from A to B in ala Lagos, no one tribe escapes the additional pain.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 9:20am On Jul 20
aswani:

No one is saying Ndigbo are planning for protest and wanting to stop them.

All people are saying is let's make this a true Nationwide protest, if you are from Iragbiji, go to your state capital and protest for example.

Let Lagosians only protest in Lagos because they know and apprethe facilities on ground and wouldn't needlessly destroy them like interlopers from "over there yonder" did last time.

Chikena

And how many times have Igbos constantly said that they will not protest in any part of Nigeria not even Lagos, what is you people's obsession with Igbos?

We don't want to get blamed for anything, that is one of the strongest reason why we are not joining, any Igbo man who joins will be tagged a saboteur or paid against the Igbos...

So why are you people blaming Igbos up and down for trying to cause problem in Yoruba land even when we have constantly told you people we are not doing any protest, in the last protest in February we did not partake, same thing we are planning to do again....

So what exactly is the blame for, why the obsession for Igbos?

The north clearly stated that they are the ones doing protest, why haven't you guys opened thread about them?

You left them and started blaming Igbos, what exactly do you people want from the Igbos?

I just see this thing as a serious mental problem...
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 9:21am On Jul 20
aswani:

If Ndi Yoruba are pushing that (false) narrative, there is a precedent whose repetition they are trying to avoid

Radio Biafra were winding people up to go and destroy Lagos and idiots like Chinasa burnt a fleet of BRT buses. Do you expect people to wait till lightning strikes twice before they voice out their concerns.

By the way, Ndi Lagos of all tribes want the protests to be peaceful in Lagos, not just Ndi Yoruba.

When the protests get out of hand and looting starts no one checks the tribe of the shop owner. When people have to spend longer in BRT queues or with alternative modes of transport to get from A to B in ala Lagos, no one tribe escapes the additional pain.

The last protest did the Igbos join?
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 9:26am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

And how many times have Igbos constantly said that they will not protest in any part of Nigeria not even Lagos, what is you people's obsession with Igbos?

We don't want to get blamed for anything, that is one of the strongest reason why we are not joining, any Igbo man who joins will be tagged a saboteur or paid against the Igbos...

So why are you people blaming Igbos up and down for trying to cause problem in Yoruba land even when we have constantly told you people we are not doing any protest, in the last protest in February we did not partake, same thing we are planning to do again....

So what exactly is the blame for, why the obsession for Igbos?

The north clearly stated that they are the ones doing protest, why haven't you guys opened thread about them?

You left them and started blaming Igbos, what exactly do you people want from the Igbos?

Instead of rushing your reply, why not understand the post fully.

No one is obsessed about Ndigbo (well apart from me towards my friends older sister, Anti Nkechi grin), I am saying the last time, certain Radio stations encouraged certain people to join the protest surreptitiously and wreak havoc in Lagos which they successfully did.

This protest, regardless of who planned it, Ndi Lagos must guard against a repeat of such, chikena.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 9:27am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

The last protest did the Igbos join?

Chinasa says hello.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:29am On Jul 20
aswani:

Bros it's better there's no protest at all. If it's peaceful as you insinuate then it won't create any impact cos there no hunger for a change and your politicians will keep looking at you like a fool. There's nothing like peaceful protest it's a hoax. Go all around the world and check all the protest conduct by the people name one that was peace which created a positive impact. Listen you people are deceiving yourself cos if you are not ready to lose anything then don't do the protest. In fact it's better only the Yoruba do the protest just to satisfy there conscience and leave other tribes out of it that is if you don't want your properties "destroyed". You get the point?
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 9:31am On Jul 20
aswani:

Instead of rushing your reply, why not understand the post fully.

No one is obsessed about Ndigbo (well apart from me towards my friends older sister, Anti Nkechi grin), I am saying the last time, certain Radio stations encouraged certain people to join the protest surreptitiously and wreak havoc in Lagos which they successfully did.

This protest, regardless of who planned it, Ndi Lagos must guard against a repeat of such, chikena.

You guys are clearly obsessed about Igbos, the last protest we said we will not protest, we did not protest not even in Lagos, now we are saying we are not protesting yet you guys have been all over accusing Igbos if trying to destroy Yoruba land, is that not obsession?
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 9:33am On Jul 20
aswani:

Chinasa says hello.

One of the reasons why we are not joining so that we don't get blamed with Chinasa again, but you people obsession don't want to let us be....
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 9:49am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

You guys are clearly obsessed about Igbos, the last protest we said we will not protest, we did not protest not even in Lagos, now we are saying we are not protesting yet you guys have been all over accusing Igbos if trying to destroy Yoruba land, is that not obsession?

Excuse me, at the bolded if you are referring to End SARS, then where is Chinasa from that lit up BRT buses as if they were christmas trees?

Are you going to deny the Radio Biafra broadcasts urging people to go to Lagos to tear the place up?

Was there another protest that happened, that Ndigbo didn't join that I missed?
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:00am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

I have only ever referenced the lasts protests alongside Radio Biafra's involvement in urging people to "go forth and destroy".

It happened and was real so there can't be an obsession. The obsession is on the part of certain people who heeded the Radio Biafra call to leave their ancestral homeland to go and destroy another person's own.

Protest all you want but don't do what happened last time and tear the place down, then run back to your own untouched location.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 10:04am On Jul 20
aswani:

I have only ever referenced the lasts protests alongside Radio Biafra's involvement in urging people to "go forth and destroy".

It happened and was real so there can't be an obsession. The obsession is on the part of certain people who heeded the Radio Biafra call to leave their ancestral homeland to go and destroy another person's own.

Protest all you want but don't do what happened last time and tear the place down, then run back to your own untouched location.

That was in 2020, the last protest in February 2024, Igbos said we will not join and we did not join, now we are saying we are not joining, so why keep blaming us?

It means you are only looking for what to blame Igbos for....
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:06am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

The mental problem was Radio Biafra urging people to destroy Lagos.

If you know any Ndi Yoruba radio station that is urging people to destroy any non ala Yoruba as part of the protests, let me know and we will give them something to think about. Sane for Ndi North and Ndi other tribes.

Don't blatantly cause problems and say what about others when those ones haven't.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 10:11am On Jul 20
aswani:

Excuse me, at the bolded if you are referring to End SARS, then where is Chinasa from that lit up BRT buses as if they were christmas trees?

Are you going to deny the Radio Biafra broadcasts urging people to go to Lagos to tear the place up?

Was there another protest that happened, that Ndigbo didn't join that I missed?

You see how you people reason, because of your hatred for Igbos, it now makes you people sometimes act like you have memory loss, who is talking about endsars?

Is something not clearly wrong with you guys?

Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:11am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

That was in 2020, the last protest in February 2024, Igbos said we will not join and we did not join, now we are saying we are not joining, so why keep blaming us?

It means you are only looking for what to blame Igbos for....

Okay I beg your pardon, I don't remember any protests in February but I guess you are referring to the NLC one.

Be that as it may however, any mention of protests would have Lagos residents jittery as a lot still remember 2024, can you blame them? Especially as Radio Biafra still hasn't apologised for the part they played in the 2020 one.

I
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 10:14am On Jul 20
aswani:

Okay I beg your pardon, I don't remember any protests in February but I guess you are referring to the NLC one.

Be that as it may however, any mention of protests would have Lagos residents jittery as a lot still remember 2024, can you blame them? Especially as Radio Biafra still hasn't apologised for the part they played in the 2020 one.

I

That's how you guys lie anyhow...

Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:15am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

You see how you people reason, because of your hatred for Igbos, it now makes you people sometimes act like you have memory loss, who is talking about endsars?

Is something not clearly wrong with you guys?

Okay, never you accuse me of hating Ndigbo.

I have just responded to someone else about why Lagosians are, and would forever be jittery at the word "Protests" especially those that lived through the 2020 one.

The people who something is wrong with are those that listen to a Radio station telling them to go and destroy Lagos and following that command.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:18am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

That's how you guys lie anyhow...

Like I said to you in another post, 2020 is still fresh in the mind of all Lagosians. The government and good people of Lagos, of all tribes, will ensure no repeat of End SARS violence. Same as they did in February.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 10:19am On Jul 20
aswani:

Okay, never you accuse me of hating Ndigbo.

I have just responded to someone else about why Lagosians are, and would forever be jittery at the word "Protests" especially those that lived through the 2020 one.

The people who something is wrong with are those that listen to a Radio station telling them to go and destroy Lagos and following that command.

There is nothing jittery here it is just hatred, why are you guys not clamoring about the north even when Fulanis have done much more damage to Yorubas in Yoruba land than any other tribe has done, I'm yet to see you people opening threads against the Fulanis....
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 10:21am On Jul 20
aswani:

Like I said to you in another post, 2020 is still fresh in the mind of all Lagosians. The government and good people of Lagos, of all tribes, will ensure no repeat of End SARS violence. Same as they did in February.

So all the killings Fulanis have done and are still doing in Yoruba land is not fresh to you people abi?

It is not fresh enough to be opening threads up and down like you are doing for the Igbos?
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:33am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

So all the killings Fulanis have done and are still doing in Yoruba land is not fresh to you people abi?

It is not fresh enough to be opening threads up and down like you are doing for the Igbos?

Okay you are conflating issues and there's no need.

Start a Fulani killing thread and we can discuss those.

The people opening the threads upandan are Ndi Obidients, I just respond to them.

Feel free to point to a thread I opened about the protests. This is another false claim against me.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 10:38am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

There is nothing jittery here it is just hatred, why are you guys not clamoring about the north even when Fulanis have done much more damage to Yorubas in Yoruba land than any other tribe has done, I'm yet to see you people opening threads against the Fulanis....

You can never live in a major Yoruba city and hate Ndigbo, never.

Per the Fulani part, one for a different thread.

I am sure if anyone intercepted an Ndi Fulani radio station urging their people to go and destroy Lagos during any protests, Ndi Lagos of all tribes they will activate "shine aa eye well well" mode too for them.

To paraphrase an Obidient quote, antecedents have consequences
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 11:04am On Jul 20
aswani:

You can never live in a major Yoruba city and hate Ndigbo, never.

Per the Fulani part, one for a different thread.

I am sure if anyone intercepted an Ndi Fulani radio station urging their people to go and destroy Lagos during any protests, Ndi Lagos of all tribes they will activate "shine aa eye well well" mode too for them.

To paraphrase an Obidient quote, antecedents have consequences

so you are waiting for Fulani to open radio station and announce first before you react even when they are already in full action killing your people?

are you trying to say that the damage done by endsars is worse than the killings and destructions done by the Fulanis in Yoruba land?
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Adaisback(f): 11:21am On Jul 20
deathtoLeo:
mu na gi forever
I wan settle down biko.
my younger brother don born 2 with his wife 😭😭😭
come let's get married immediately
agadi ekwe nka! See you soon at Onitsha this week by God's grace cheesy grin
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by Brendaniel: 11:22am On Jul 20
aswani:

Okay you are conflating issues and there's no need.

Start a Fulani killing thread and we can discuss those.

The people opening the threads upandan are Ndi Obidients, I just respond to them.

Feel free to point to a thread I opened about the protests. This is another false claim against me.

Why should I start a thread about Fulani, your tribe is the only tribe in Nigeria that opens daily threads for Igbos and constantly blame Igbos, that's why I brought in the Fulanis into the matter to know where the hatred is coming from, Fulanis have done far worse yet you guys don't attack them the way you attack Igbos, something is definitely wrong,

Secondly I never said you, I said Yorubas, look at helinus topics in the past few days, he has opened more than 10 topics, read all the contents, it is about Igbos, look at another one here, there are so many I would have posted here, I have other things to do now, and the threads Igbos are opening are threads about not joining, so what exactly is the problem with you people ?

https://www.nairaland.com/8159177/planned-protest-youths-vow-defend#131040416

Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 11:58am On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

so you are waiting for Fulani to open radio station and announce first before you react even when they are already in full action killing your people?

are you trying to say that the damage done by endsars is worse than the killings and destructions done by the Fulanis in Yoruba land?

I am not saying anything. If you want to discuss Fulanis, open another thread and tag me, this is not the thread to derail bikonu.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by aswani(m): 12:01pm On Jul 20
Brendaniel:

Why should I start a thread about Fulani, your tribe is the only tribe in Nigeria that opens daily threads for Igbos and constantly blame Igbos, that's why I brought in the Fulanis into the matter to know where the hatred is coming from, Fulanis have done far worse yet you guys don't attack them the way you attack Igbos, something is definitely wrong,

Secondly I never said you, I said Yorubas, look at helinus topics in the past few days, he has opened more than 10 topics, read all the contents, it is about Igbos, look at another one here, there are so many I would have posted here, I have other things to do now, and the threads Igbos are opening are threads about not joining, so what exactly is the problem with you people ?

https://www.nairaland.com/8159177/planned-protest-youths-vow-defend#131040416

Helinues will tell you why he does that, I am not about to defend him but he does receive a lot of abuse from Obidients so he engages them on his own terms. Same as Reno.

Like I said, let's not derail threads, start a Fulani thread and we can ensure no one talks Ndigbo on there. This is why Nairaland discussions never gets anywhere, people just spin away from center needlessly.
Re: Protest: Let Igbos Breath by AlhajiCSO: 12:49pm On Jul 20
Adaisback:
agadi ekwe nka! See you soon at Onitsha this week by God's grace cheesy grin
🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m No Longer Interested In Going Into Steel, I’m Not The Only Nigerian- Dangote / Why Do Nigerian Presidents Get Invited Like Houseboys / So What Wrong Did Oando Commit By Acquiring AGIP ?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.