Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,418 members, 7,894,777 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

Minister Bows To Pressure, Accepts 16 Years As Admission Age For 2024 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Minister Bows To Pressure, Accepts 16 Years As Admission Age For 2024 (21288 Views)

Senate Insists On 16 Years As Requirement For Tertiary Institution Admission / FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Daughter, Father Graduate After 5 Years As Law Classmates In University (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Minister Bows To Pressure, Accepts 16 Years As Admission Age For 2024 by ogbonti: 2:39pm
Ekaka14:

The point about Law and Medical Admissions here in the U.S. is correct and clearly NOT a secret ( Same holds for Canada). By the way, my son is in Yale law school, New Haven Conneticut so i know the system. However, that your argument will not make sense in Nigeria as you're only cut pasting without looking at the real issues be-deviling Nigeria.
Where are all the vocational curriculum we used to have in Secondary school gone (carpentry, sewing, baking, typing etc) ??
Answer: same government removed them from Secondary schools.
Where are all the Technical / vocational Secondary schools we used to have? They're all gone!!!
Where are the teacher training colleges? Gone!!
Even the polytechnic colleges are now clamouring for degree programmes because they're segregated and not properly placed in the labour market and down playing their certificates...
You have to treat issues on a case by case basis when it comes to Nigeria and the rest of the world...
Nigeria needs to be specially studied when it comes to policy submersualts....we're up there 🙄
Imagine, how many times that country has changed educational curricula just because some government official had a brain wave or was bored or wanted to steal money ....etc
If we can research enough and stick to what will work fir majority with few exceptions or at least provide options to University education and create jobs...create jobs!!! and create jobs!!!! then that will help.
Your last argument about graduating at 19 or 20 and becoming miserably unemployed does not hold water because even if the individual graduates at 23, 24 or 30 etc in the current Nigerian situation there still will not be hope unless there's a massive political and strategic change in policies all round ...i'm out!🤔

thanks for your elaborate way of agreeing with me- happy weekend!
Re: Minister Bows To Pressure, Accepts 16 Years As Admission Age For 2024 by ogbonti: 2:43pm
just4fun:

You do have a valid point but, my concern is usually how many years it will take a student to finish a four year course looking at this our epileptic educational system where ASUU will down tools at the slightest provocation?

Employers keep asking for graduates of 22yrs with Masters degree while some are just gaining admission at that age..

I feel our educational system needs a total overhaul..

next time when employers ask for masters degree at 13 years of age, please enrol your unfertilized sperm into kg 1 so you can satisfy them

instead of you to push for legislation to stop the practice of asking unrealistic employment terms in Nigeria - are busy trying to have your kids graduate at 11 years of age from a university and they end up being empty skulls lacking maturity to face the real world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UI Medical Students Sleepover Outside The School After Being Evicted From Hostel / JAMB 2013 Results Uploaded - How To Check / Nigerian Lady Earns UK Nursing Degree 4 years After UNN Setback

Viewing this topic: excelinfotech(m), obasifrancis(m), dulphines, armadeo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.