Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,226 members, 7,964,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 05:06 AM

DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . (48855 Views)

Why Are Young People In Nigeria Going Into Online Business? - See Reasons / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Now Going Into Online Businesses / My Fear Of Going Into Okrika Bale Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by dtiBusiness: 4:47pm On Jul 20
descarado:
This man should zip it. Nigeria was placed on hold cos of him. We are here today cos of this thief and his enablers.

He don't get his way again and he is complaining.
This "thief" has something to show us which is by far greater in value thanwhatever you are accusing him of stealing. Pls show us any legacy of the thieves from your enclave that bring accolades to the nation? I hope jealousy no kiii you b4 then.
Bloody hypokrates!
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by sulaak(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20
adamma24:
The cabals just want to frustrate this dangote guy....

He is part of the cabal. He is a major food importer and has locked down the cement market. He now needs to compete with imported refined oil. No more free lunch

1 Like

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by plankyjacky(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20
It's becoming clearer now.One of the cabal that has held this country in the jugular is the almighty NNPC and her sister and brother agencies .
The Dangote refinery revolution will definitely shows their ineptitude over the years
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Saao(m): 5:06pm On Jul 20
adamma24:
The cabals just want to frustrate this dangote guy....
the guy can play their games better. Don't forget he is a Nigerian
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Viktom(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20
The same Dangote that is a cement cabal and has enjoyed monopoly in nearly all his business ventures?

Nigerians truly don't know what's going on around them and it's a pity.

1 Like

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Viktom(m): 5:14pm On Jul 20
The only reasonable comment I have seen so far.
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by adamma24: 5:31pm On Jul 20
Fuckyoumod:
Do you even know what you are saying?

Dangote was given dollars at discounted rate.
Dangote has enjoyed so much favour from Nigeria more than any business man in Nigeria.

So go and rest with your propaganda.

Idiot...and they are frustrating him....
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by chukwugoziegi: 5:43pm On Jul 20
Biggest refinery in the world? Lol! Liar!
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Max24: 5:48pm On Jul 20
payaseriy:
dantata family history is the sweats and blood of millions of Nigerians.

I wont speak much
Nah so you nah go talk if Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg were to be Nigerians. Nah envy you for use finish them. You obviously have a poor man's mentality ! But America celebrated its own riches. Don't you hear of America protecting the big corporations? Because they are the creators of employment in America and not the govt. Grow up man !
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jul 20
Max24:
Nah so you nah go talk if Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg were to be Nigerians. Nah envy you for use finish them. You obviously have a poor man's mentality !
∆ But America celebrated its own riches. Don't you hear of America protecting the big corporations? Because they are the creators of employment in America and not the govt. Grow up man !
What the fk is wrong with you attempting to compare Bill Gates and Zuckerberg to these Nigerian touts of yours. undecided

2. Nobody should celebrate rich people who got rich riding on the blood and sweat of their people. That is nonsense. Enter American jails and you will find many of the so-called job creators who taught themselves gods as a result. Dem full that place and rightly so. undecided
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Gkay1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20
I will never be poor
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Max24: 6:00pm On Jul 20
Kobojunkie:
What the fk is wrong with you attempting to compare Bill Gates and Zuckerberg to these Nigerian touts of yours. undecided

2. Nobody should celebrate rich people who got rich riding on the blood and sweat of their people. That is nonsense. Enter American jails and you will find many of the so-called job creators who taught themselves gods as a result. Dem full that place and rightly so. undecided
How many rich you get for Nigeria beyond the corrupt politicians that you want to cancell the few ones that you have? I repeat you have a poor man's mentality. Or you don't know that only the rich can pull up the poor? The rich have lessons to teach the poor but you want to eliminated them. Bros, you go poor tire.
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by payaseriy: 6:01pm On Jul 20
Max24:

Nah so you nah go talk if Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg were to be Nigerians. Nah envy you for use finish them. You obviously have a poor man's mentality ! But America celebrated its own riches. Don't you hear of America protecting the big corporations? Because they are the creators of employment in America and not the govt. Grow up man !
y would i envy him ? I dont even know him personally.
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jul 20
Max24:
∆ How many rich you get for Nigeria beyond the corrupt politicians that you want to cancell the few ones that you have? I repeat you have a poor man's mentality.
∆ Or you don't know that only the rich can pull up the poor?
∆ The rich have lessons to teach the poor but you want to eliminated them. Bros, you go poor tire.
1. Your argument is that because Nigeria does not have a lot of rich people to begin with, it shouldn't have standards where the rich are concerned? Wow..by this logic of yours, those who got rich by kidnapping our kids, selling the organs of some while selling others off as sex slaves should be celebrated. So long as they are not part of the corrupt politicians, we ought celebrate them, right? 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

2. So a poor farmer who feeds from hand to mouth is fed by the rich. Without the rich, he can't survive at all. 🤐🤐🤐🤐

3. Yes, because they are rich .. regardless of how their riches were obtained --- they automatically have lessons which we should all blindly accept. 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Trisettech: 6:06pm On Jul 20
10% for export, because when we remain self sufficient as a nation with natural resources and also the finisher of the natural resources, backup plan should take 30% and we internally use 60 to grow our nation from the scope of hungry man size to dieting man size, forget about global exchange we no need am again, we have cooking gas, premium spirit, and fertilizer, with iron ore, na fabrication skills remain to safety pin 🧷 production level from excavator manufacturing...
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by AFONJACOW(m): 6:11pm On Jul 20
Be patients

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Max24: 6:14pm On Jul 20
Kobojunkie:
1. Your argument is that because Nigeria does not have a lot of rich people to begin with, it shouldn't have standards where the rich are concerned? Wow..by this logic of yours, those who got rich by kidnapping our kids, selling the organs of some while selling others off as sex slaves should be celebrated. So long as they are not part of the corrupt politicians, we ought celebrate them, right? 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

2. So a poor farmer who feeds from hand to mouth is fed by the rich. Without the rich, he can't survive at all. 🤐🤐🤐🤐

3. Yes, because they are rich .. regardless of how their riches were obtained --- they automatically have lessons which we should all blindly accept. 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐
You must be a kid.
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Didijiji: 6:16pm On Jul 20
His sugar, cement and spaghetti are not cheaper

It will be foolhardy to depend on his fuel

Nigerians no get senss

1 Like

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Jul 20
Max24:
∆ You must be a kid.
See response from someone who was only moments ago pissing down our backs and calling it rain! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Sajio(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20
ogododo:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/dangote-if-we-knew-the-magnitude-of-what-we-were-going-into-we-would-have/
Just as you've been suffering Nigerians by monopolising the cement industry making it difficult for a poor man to buy same thing you want to do in petroleum industry, no way.

2 Likes

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by PHAYOL81: 6:30pm On Jul 20
Wow!
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Chetas81(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20
payaseriy:
dangote is one of the reason Nigeria is backward

Abeg who get Ogbono soup wey e nor dey use... i fit trek anywhere to carry am ryt now
don't trek kindly use your data money
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by ChronicGp(m): 6:40pm On Jul 20
No start wetin you no go fit finish Oga
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Chetas81(m): 6:41pm On Jul 20
adamma24:

So which do you prefer??....the cabals or dangote.....atleast the devil you know is better than the angel you don't...
talk only, just asked him to explain how dangote make Nigeria backward
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Fearcom(m): 6:49pm On Jul 20
descarado:
This man should zip it. Nigeria was placed on hold cos of him. We are here today cos of this thief and his enablers.

Keypad warrior. YOU should ZIP IT!

Was it he that didn't allow the other petroleum refineries to function?

1 Like

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Peppysco: 7:16pm On Jul 20
I dont know much about Dangote's fiasco with this administration but from what I know from his relationships with previous administrations, the Dangote's monopoly over the years has never done anything good for the country, matter of fact, Dangote is one of the reasons why industrialization is at its lowest ebb in Nigeria. His romance with any government in power made him earn competitive advantage over other firms in the country.
Dangote single handedly crippled other Cement manufacturing firms in the country (Elephant, Burnham ...) due to his unfair advantage and bromance with the government by intentionally crashing the price below the market price in order to gain control of the market. If course, this is because he was able to source forex directly from the CBN with little interest rate.
Just recently, Dangote intentionally hoarded his cemet products to force price to whatever it is right now.
According to the FG, Dangote made a selfish and bullish demand to the government, asking for the total output and supply of petroleum products in the country, when it is clear his refinery is not even up to full capacity. He would have had his ways with previous governments but with the incessant public outcry from him, I fell he's found out that the same rule applies to everyone.

3 Likes

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by payaseriy: 7:19pm On Jul 20
Chetas81:
don't trek kindly use your data money
u nor get joy o

I prefer to trek am... from Delta to Lagos... any Ogbono soup is accepted...
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by kunle75(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20
descarado:

Thank you, I have said it repeatedly that the likes of Dangote and his friends are part of our problems. You're the sole producer and distributor of cement and other ancillary commodities( except UAB) and no competition because he was the friend of the government and he's here complaining when the same system he enabled in the past are passing him the same taste of the dosage they've been Nigerians over the years.
I don't pity as much as I don't support the system who is trying to suppress his effort.
After all the refinery products won't be free at the end neither would alleviate the existing suffering on the commodity price as expected.

2 Likes

Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Taiwo20(m): 7:27pm On Jul 20
So the so called accomplished business man did isn’t know he would encounter these challenges!
Lamba after Lamba!
I don’t think that refinery would be ready this year.
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Lavor234: 7:50pm On Jul 20
Peppysco:
I dont know much about Dangote's fiasco with this administration but from what I know from his relationships with previous administrations, the Dangote's monopoly over the years has never done anything good for the country, matter of fact, Dangote is one of the reasons why industrialization is at its lowest ebb in Nigeria. His romance with any government in power made him earn competitive advantage over other firms in the country.
Dangote single handedly crippled other Cement manufacturing firms in the country (Elephant, Burnham ...) due to his unfair advantage and bromance with the government by intentionally crashing the price below the market price in order to gain control of the market. If course, this is because he was able to source forex directly from the CBN with little interest rate.
Just recently, Dangote intentionally hoarded his cemet products to force price to whatever it is right now.
According to the FG, Dangote made a selfish and bullish demand to the government, asking for the total output and supply of petroleum products in the country, when it is clear his refinery is not even up to full capacity. He would have had his ways with previous governments but with the incessant public outcry from him, I fell he's found out that the same rule applies to everyone.
He may have offered the agency some incentives as well to do his biddings, maybe the CEO of the ageny is honourable , (who knows)

and decided not to tow the path, and that way why he went bunkers, hiring the bele-bloggers and hire-for-story media houses to run a hit piece, the brekete man was- boasting about being in the refinery days ago, that is when i felt uneasy, and thought Nigga must be desperate.
Re: DANGOTE: If We Knew The Magnitude Of What We Were Going Into, We Would Have . . by Lavor234: 7:56pm On Jul 20
Peppysco:
He would have had his ways with previous governments but with the incessant public outcry from him, I fell he's found out that the same rule applies to everyone.

Dangote has never bEen as loquacious as he had been this year.

He has always been a silent billionaire, now any small thing he runs to the media.

Maybe it his karmaic circle for throwing Emefiele under the bus.

Person wey almost give am the whole dollars for CBN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omofemiwa Ramat Ibrahim Is Dead! Fire Kills Jimoh Ibrahim’s Mother / Official Prices Of Drinks By NBL / Help! Which Nigerian Bank Cards Are Accepted By Paypal Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.