Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,216 members, 7,963,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:59 AM

I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel (24403 Views)

Dangote Debunks NMDPRA's Farouk Ahmed's Allegation Of Substandard Products / NMDPRA Denies Approving Import Licence For Dangote / I'm Surprised By The Money I'm Making Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by damoobaba: 6:31pm On Jul 21
papyjaypaul:
Can I blame them No. When a government leaves its own responsibility to make our refineries work and becomes the spokesman for a private refinery, anything goes.

ME:
I really dont know if youre just plain stuuuupiid or you want to demonstrate that your brain is just for decorations and NOT FOR REASONING.
Go and research the number of turnaround maintenance that government has done on the refineries since the time of Obasanjo. There's something political about the refineries and until that is sorted out, those machines may just continue to gulp Nigeria's money
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by LadyExcellency: 6:33pm On Jul 21
flokii:
NMDPRA is the regulatory authority.. they have their standards and everything to check quality of refined petroleum products put into circulation in Nigeria.

Saying the NMDPRA Chief doesn't know what he is saying is just like saying the country's regulatory agencies don't know their job.. Moreover it's a Northerner heading the Agency so no talk of ethnic bias.

It's the truth. Your regulatory agencies know nothing than collect bribe. Do you know we (a multinational company I work for) made a mistake in tabulation of products properties which were abnormal but NAFDAC couldn't spot the inconsistencies and errors and still approved the product and SON is not helping matters.
Kelvin Emmanuel is right. Our regulatory agencies are quota and inclusion hire.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by papyjaypaul: 6:37pm On Jul 21
anonimi:

Please what else can be more important than politics which determines who is in government at the federal, state and local levels either in the legislative or executive arm?

Is government not in charge of every single policy and law that determines each aspect of our individual life?

Is it that you have no clue what government does and how politics determines who is in the governments

What's most important is the issues of governance not the actors. Most of what you see here is politics not governance.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by eteba(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21
NNPCL is the most clandestine oil organisation ever in the world.

In saner climes, heads would be rolling as we speak.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by papyjaypaul: 6:40pm On Jul 21
damoobaba:

You need to work on your netiquette. It remains the responsibility of government to get our national assets working. Where they fail to do so, the people must hold them to account because it is a public asset. Now, Yar Adua reversed the sale of our national refineries to Dangote before he went his own way. Dangote can decide to leave the oil business tomorrow, I have no business with him than I have with the government that taxes me and represents me
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21
Ejehhhh:
This Emmanuel na Hobi supporter
na

If this matters at all, it's simply to prove that he's an intelligent person.

If Obi was President, he would've asked a few simple questions, like:

How much will 1 litre of each product cost from Dangote Refinery?

How much is the imported one?

Oya, buy from the one that costs less!

No complications. Stinginess is what we need to enjoy Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Calylove: 6:50pm On Jul 21
Wonder wonder wonder sang by Femi Kuti comes to mind.
O ga ooo
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by OYEDIPE(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21
Ejehhhh:
na
This statement does not correlate with what is on ground.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by kenex4ever(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21
The test they are refering to was done at DIL (Dangote Industries Ltd) lab, also where did they get the product they tested for Total Energies? Probably a filling station that might have diluted the product.

A standard test is done by the regulator in this case nmdpra, in the presence of the owner and other parties and the sample must be handled and stored with care.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by damoobaba: 6:59pm On Jul 21
papyjaypaul:

You need to work on your netiquette. It remains the responsibility of government to get our national assets working. Where they fail to do so, the people must hold them to account because it is a public asset. Now, Yar Adua reversed the sale of our national refineries to Dangote before he went his own way. Dangote can decide to leave the oil business tomorrow, I have no business with him than I have with the government that taxes me and represents me

Dangote can go into any business he wishes to go into as a Nigerian.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by papyjaypaul: 7:02pm On Jul 21
damoobaba:

Dangote can go into any business he wishes to go into as a Nigerian.
Yes, as long as the markets are open with regulations for the industry. Not the government outsourcing its business to Dangote.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Tapout(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21
RealTrump:
Who is ready to bet? Make Dangote the sole seller of petrol and watch the price hit #1000 naira per litre

If all refineries in the country were up and running, Dangote will not have any reason to build one in the first place.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Bizibi(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21
Nor be the same Diesel Julius Berger dey use?
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Cmeo(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21
Let the regulators do their job. Dangote is free to sue them, if he believes wrong accusation was made against his company
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by flokii: 7:55pm On Jul 21
LadyExcellency:

It's the truth. Your regulatory agencies know nothing than collect bribe. Do you know we (a multinational company I work for) made a mistake in tabulation of products properties which were abnormal but NAFDAC couldn't spot the inconsistencies and errors and still approved the product and SON is not helping matters.
Kelvin Emmanuel is right. Our regulatory agencies are quota and inclusion hire.

They are still trying compared to the regulatory agencies in other African countries.. there is room for improvements I agree.

Your multinational coy must be a very big one for NAFDAC to miss the errors you stated. I assume you guys credibility isn't in doubt.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:58pm On Jul 21
SavageResponse:

You dey mind them

I wonder when this Emmanuel guy who is an economist became an expert in petrochemicals?
The fact that a regulatory agency wants the country to the importation of petroleum products already betrays their biased position
We know they are a part of oil cabal that do not want the importation of fuel to end any time soon

2 Likes

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by cpu2006(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21
#istandwithdangote#

1 Like

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by faceland: 8:26pm On Jul 21
Now he is playing the victim.

Since Buhari, he has been saying his refinery is done. Now this guy says it is 50% incomplete.

Who do we believe?
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by frog12: 8:45pm On Jul 21
dem go use this economist like INEC do talkative MIKE IGINI to sell the election as the best grin
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by maasoap(m): 8:55pm On Jul 21
flokii:
NMDPRA is the regulatory authority.. they have their standards and everything to check quality of refined petroleum products put into circulation in Nigeria.

Saying the NMDPRA Chief doesn't know what he is saying is just like saying the country's regulatory agencies don't know their job.. Moreover it's a Northerner heading the Agency so no talk of ethnic bias.

He should come out with evidence. Secondly, what is he suggesting we do? Stop buying Dangote petroleum products and let 20 billion dollars investment crumble along with the jobs and other benefits that come with it? That guy should be suspended

1 Like

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by damoobaba: 9:04pm On Jul 21
papyjaypaul:

Yes, as long as the markets are open with regulations for the industry. Not the government outsourcing its business to Dangote.

‘No Single Incentive From FG’
The billionaire business tycoon said his refinery did not enjoy any incentive from the Federal Government.

“In the refinery, we did not, and I repeat, we did not collect one single incentive from the Federal Government of Nigeria or even Lagos State. Yes, the Lagos State gave us a good deal but we paid $100m for the land. It wasn’t a free land; we paid for it,” he said.

☝️above statement is from Dangote himself. Maybe you need to mention the GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESSES that are outsourced to Dangote.

IF ITS BASED ON FACTS, AM READY TO GO ON FULL DISCUSSION WITH YOU AS AN INTELLECTUAL otherwise dunces irritate me.

1 Like

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by papyjaypaul: 9:13pm On Jul 21
damoobaba:

‘No Single Incentive From FG’
The billionaire business tycoon said his refinery did not enjoy any incentive from the Federal Government.

“In the refinery, we did not, and I repeat, we did not collect one single incentive from the Federal Government of Nigeria or even Lagos State. Yes, the Lagos State gave us a good deal but we paid $100m for the land. It wasn’t a free land; we paid for it,” he said.

☝️above statement is from Dangote himself. Maybe you need to mention the GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESSES that are outsourced to Dangote.

IF ITS BASED ON FACTS, AM READY TO GO ON FULL DISCUSSION WITH YOU AS AN INTELLECTUAL otherwise dunces irritate me.

Listen to the Mr Farouq's concerns. I no be pikin. I have no problem with Dangote setting shop but you and I know it is not normal for our government to have its own refinery then queue up behind Dangote as solution to our problem. The hand of Jacob is speaking on behalf of Esau

If Dangote decides to sell his refined products to Congo, e no consain me but for FG to use him as example of what will be our solution is nono. The government has been speaking on his behalf since Buhari days, they made sure the commissioned that refinery even if it wasn't ready before Buhari left. Having working refineries has been a long cry since Obasanjo days, now, if we never had refineries, I would be okay with the support they gave Dangote but to turn a blind eye to your own and open your eyes to Dangote is very silly and only time will tell.

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by RZArecta(m): 9:30pm On Jul 21
Ejehhhh:
na
i don't blame you at all, this is a typical agbâdo behavior. You people are too föolish to accept that the country is in a total mess an complete chaos so you won't still listen to someone who's pointing out the source of our energy crisis and how to solve the problem. Do you think anybody will give you one Kobo out of the trillions of naira being sucked away ? Bloody limp vegetable
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Tareq1105: 9:31pm On Jul 21
APOPTOSIS:
Why wouldn't he?
Do things ever work there?
The country is richly blessed in all ramifications except its humans. The humans remain a special squad of nature.
A country that's is so lawless that even the lawmakers and law enforcement agencies are the orchestrators & agents of lawlessness.
Many Nigerians don't know Character builds a Nation. They still think it's by mere wishful thinking. How will things ever work?

The CEO will lose his job very soon. Tinubu is only waiting for full briefing. Those who are interested in his job are mounting pressure already.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by maxzzo1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21
Only in a failed country
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by luckingto50: 9:40pm On Jul 21
flokii:

Where was this man when they imported bad fuel into this country that knock car engine during Buhari regime.

1 Like

Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by stainzvill(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21
I'm gobsmacked
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by PSmurf: 10:10pm On Jul 21
If we allow the government to treat an entrepreneural investor like Dangote in such shoddy manner, we should simply abandon hope of obtaining foreign direct investors. Those ones are savvy and prudent and can expect to be treated much worse. These actions do have long term consequences a lot of people will bear. Perception is reality, as they say.

Of course, I'm looking forward to a video tour of the NMDPRA testing laboratory... Just kidding.

And Tinubu should how this bright young man Kelvin into his administration immediately - he knows and understands what's at stake. Let the politicians do their politicking but engage conscientious professionals to get the work done so you have something to point at after 4 years as you're achievements - something tangible and beyond palliatives. We need real infrastructure, not just stomach infrastructure.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Litmus: 10:15pm On Jul 21
I'm surprised people now believe in patronising made in Nigeria diesel when last year they hated made in Nigeria rice, poultry and all sorts. You all shouted, open Benin Republic border, wailing that patronising indigenous Nigeria products was overrated. You couched government attempts at closing border in order to encourage indigenous product as merely anti eastern merchants practices in disguise.

You all didn't like Nigeria rice, foreign rice sweet pass, remember?

Hypocrites!

I believe in record keeping.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by frog12: 10:18pm On Jul 21
dangote go give am work grin

Tareq1105:

The CEO will lose his job very soon. Tinubu is only waiting for full briefing. Those who are interested in his job are mounting pressure already.
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Emzedz: 10:23pm On Jul 21
Why exactly are these abokis occupying sensitive positions in nnpc n its subsidiaries. Is there oil in d North..
Clueless moffos
Re: I'm Surprised That The NMDPRA Chief Still Has A Job - Emmanuel by Konquest: 12:03am On Jul 22

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does POS Charge For Withdrawal In Your Area? / How Much Cash Entered The New Year With You? / Dangote @ 62: Femi Otedola Wish Him "Happy Birthday With Lovely Message"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.