Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,488 members, 7,898,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 06:10 AM

Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members (24249 Views)

NYSC Admits Advice On Ransom Payment On Pamphlets, Begins Probe / Who Is Lying? NYSC Denies Telling Corpers To Prepare Ransom / Be Ready To Pay Ransom - NYSC Handbook Advises Corpers (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by MasterJayJay: 10:24am On Jul 22
Abductors of five corps members in lfon town, Ose council area of Ondo state, have threatened to kill them if their families failed to pay N15 m ransom.

Recall that the corps members were reportedly abducted last weekend along the Ifon-Owo highway in the Ose Local Council Area of the state.

During the attack, two other persons, the driver of the vehicle as well as a female passenger were killed when gunmen opened fire on their commercial vehicle.

Vanguard learnt that the corps members were on their way from Enugu State, where they had undergone the mandatory orientation camp of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

No fewer than 15 suspected kidnappers attacked the commercial vehicle.

The gunmen made the threat after contacting one of the families of the victims at the weekend.

A brother of one of the victims, Lawal Happiness, said that the kidnappers, had reduced the ransom to N1 million from N30 million per victim.

Lawal added that ”they have suddenly demanded that a N3 million ransom be paid for each of the victims.

According to him “My name is Lawal Happiness, a brother to the corper member kidnapped on her way back from Enugu Camp to Akure, whose name is Adewole Paul Oluwaseun, an indigene of Akure and a graduate of the Federal University of Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE).

Alongside four other corp members [Oluwadara Feranmi (f), Andrew Patience (f), Oribamise Taiwo (f), and Ajayi Lekan (m),.

“After they were done with their NYSC orientation programme, they reported to their PPA accordingly in order to come home to get her stuff for proper resumption.

“They embarked on this journey on July 18, 2024, and left Enugu State at 9 a.m.

“We monitored her movement to Onitsha, where their bus was slightly delayed, and they later continued their journey to Akure.

“That was around 3pm on 18th July 2024. They left Onitsha around 3 p.m., got to Asaba around 5 p.m., and got to Ifon by 10:15 p.m. After that, we couldn’t get connected to them.

On July 19, 2024, at 7:45 a.m., we got a call from the kidnapper telling us she had been kidnapped and asking for a ransom of N30 million per head.

“We have reported to different security agencies, but without any positive results.

As of 7:00 p.m. on July 19, they reduced it to N3 million per head, and we have been pleading for help.

At 3:00 p.m. on July 20, 2024, the kidnapper agreed to N1 million per head, but as of 1 p.m. on July 21, 2024, they said N3 million again.

“If we don’t provide that before 9 p.m. on July 21, 2024, they will call us to inform us where we will see their corpse.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/bandits-demand-n15m-ransom-for-5-abducted-ondo-corps-members/amp/

1 Like

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by slimfit1(m): 10:28am On Jul 22
Go and kidnap judges and politicians and leave poor people alone now. These are the people making money in Nigeria now.

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Afonjah: 10:28am On Jul 22
How much is their collective allawee for the whole exercise?

Dear Bandits, if you are reading this, let's swap them for Bayo Onanuga, Farouk Ahmed and helinues.

188 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by MasterJayJay: 10:38am On Jul 22
They were not kidnapped in southeast where they have attended orientation. They arrived Ondo and got kidnapped.

I thought they said southeast is the most dangerous place on the planet.

The entire security organization in Nigeria is a big joke. Kidnappers are getting bold everyday because of how inept our police are.

I am ready to offer my intelligence to help combat kidnapping in Nigeria, but will they employ me?

187 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Kingsmeal: 10:41am On Jul 22
MasterJayJay:
They were not kidnapped in southeast where they have attended orientation. They arrived Ondo and got kidnapped.

Exactly!

LegendHero oya come and read how secure your SW is o.

All the way from Enugu, no harm!

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by TimeManager(m): 10:48am On Jul 22
Ever since it has been exposed that our brothers from across the niger have also taken to kidnapping and have exported it down SW where a few of them have been reportedly arrested or gunned down by our gallant police, I have stopped linking every kidnapping atrocities to a particular tribe in the north.

-Kiss the truth!

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by nedu666: 12:17pm On Jul 22
Check that road, like other roads, you will see military and police check points. Yet kidnapping will be taking place steadily.

34 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by chosen6(f): 12:57pm On Jul 22
Where is the famous abi na infamous Amotekun in these kidnapping in South West especially in Ondo State?

22 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Unbiased1: 1:18pm On Jul 22
MasterJayJay:

The entire security organization in Nigeria is a big joke. Kidnappers are getting bold everyday because of how inept our police are.

I am ready to offer my intelligence to help combat kidnapping in Nigeria, but will they employ me?

Dude, I've met many of them here in Lagos. Once they are sent to the East for NYSC, they immediately begin to process a transfer back to Lagos claiming that they don't like the East, a place they have never visited before. I hope they are released safely but I'm so happy they weren't kidnapped in any Eastern state. In the first thread a clown was rejoicing that the people kidnapped were Igbos running away from the East to the South West, I hope he doesn't die of high blood pressure after seeing that it was his fellow Southwesterners that were kidnapped in the South West.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by GanagiBitrus: 1:52pm On Jul 22
Quite unfortunate that most criminals now see Kidnapping as a quick way to make millions.

&once ransom is paid, you'll see police swing into action to say they are the ones that rescued the abductees.

7 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by maxiuc(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22
angry

Imagine after schooling for 4 years and you end up in kidnappers den with your life at stake

19 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by MARKETfund: 1:53pm On Jul 22
Do we actually have a government in this country? embarassed embarassed embarassed

14 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by goodnessme1(f): 1:53pm On Jul 22
NYSC have brought pains to families than good.

It supposed to be scrapped out for it purposes have already been defeated.
Because Nigeria will never unite.

I have a friend serving in Osun State.

God protect her in that land.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Lovenorth: 1:54pm On Jul 22
These bandits are not helping matters, why torment ordinary people?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by gerrardomendes(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22
Dis country
Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Kingpele(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22
Slaves of tinubu please ask him to return a stolen mandate as he can't even protect his region....Biden just resigned from seeking a second tenure because at 81 he felt he needed to rest eventhough America is so big that a president can't run the country aground but we as a developing nation allowed an 85 year man to high jack the presidency through corrupt riches...well we will be alright..
Let the poor continue to endure while politicians are allocating billions to buy luxury House and cars yo their wards and girlfriends

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Artscollection: 1:55pm On Jul 22
The worst thing about buhari n tinubu is that they don't care if their own mother is going to die as long as they are in aso rock and That's why they where never an option.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Vintage001(m): 1:55pm On Jul 22
We shall see no corpses. Amen. I sell vintage shirts in wholesale, as low as 6kay. See my thread for more info

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Ceenachi: 1:56pm On Jul 22
And the yoruba media is still quiet. The likes of Tunde bakare, Adeboye, Wole Soyinka and others can not protest all because Tinubu is Yoruba. I hope in the future we won't see anyone coming out to critic other tribes in power because I know how Good luck Jonathan was treated in this country. What we have is tribalistic critics including pastors and Imams

Noticed
Another day to inform our igbo brothers scattered all over the country to desist from any form of protest. Our elders have warned us. The organizers of the protest is sowore and Deji, two Yoruba men

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Anguldi(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22
tongue
Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by fmlala: 1:56pm On Jul 22
GOD WILL HELP
Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by shortgun(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22
This was how we all left the comfort of our home states to serve the country endangering our lives in hostile communities where many did not return alive.
They won't let you serve in your home states but when it's time to demand for good Governance they will tell you to go back to your home state if you want to protest.
Idiots
angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by MrEverest(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22
Wow, this is happening in Ondo state, deep inside yorubaland?! The sort of stories we used to hear in faraway Borno or Zamfara, is happening in South west

Bandits kidnapped 5 corp members and are brazenly demanding for ransom in Ondo state

If they had known, they would’ve remained safe in the East instead of returning to the South west only for boko haram or is it bandits to kidnap. Imagine 15 bandits operating freely enough to waylay, kill and kidnap. Yet the bastard drug lord and his abobakus keep shouting about Igbos everyday while Fulani bandits have taken over their region.

The chickens have finally come home to roost. Karma has indeed caught up with some people.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Nahunger(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22
Hmmmm
Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Racoon(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22
God please have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Droxford: 2:00pm On Jul 22
Chai... the crisis in Nigeria now is more than hiroshima and nagasaki event

1 Like

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by condralbedez: 2:00pm On Jul 22
APC miscreants, some persons travelled from Enugu to West, and got kidnapped at the most secured region, and still you people wont wake up and condemn this administration...... What befall those corp members will visit anyone that supports this evil administration.

The darling daddy's crews, abeg say amen to this prayers and come and defend your paymasters too.

6 Likes

Re: Bandits Demand N15m Ransom For 5 Abducted Ondo Corps Members by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 22
But seriously these are people's children.

How long would Nigerians continue living this way? When are we going to bring an end to this nonsense? It's been over a decade now since all this nonsense started

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C14 Plateau State, Let's'meet Here / Before You Head To Camp As A Corper In Nigeria: Read This Urgently!! / Corper Critically Sick In Sokoto NYSC Camp

Viewing this topic: EmmahO(m), lolipop31098(m), taf4u4me(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.